Western New York Area

Comments

• Maureen813
    Maureen813 Member Posts: 1,826
    edited May 2015

Suppose to get another storm this weekend. I need to finish bushes and such so we can can dirt. Looks good when done. I haD my flowers in the garage so no worries from the

Cold temps.

• bevin
    bevin Member Posts: 519
    edited May 2015

Maureen, I wish I liked gardening. Hope you all have a great lunch. think of me when you're drinking up that martini. I'll be in a hot swim meet. ugh. really wish I had not signed up for the volunteer to do timing. 4 hours.. way toooo long.

• Maureen813
    edited May 2015

4 hour commitment in addition to working full time and raising a daughter is a HUGE commitment. You won't regret. My DS and dd still speak of my volunteer work with girl and Boy Scouts soccer baseball and basketball. Best work I ever loved. Now a days getting dressed is a chore LOL

We will miss you and toast our martinis in your and Karen's name. Karen has another migraine today and unable to join too.

Love

Maureen

• bevin
    edited May 2015

That's so true Maureen. I think of that more and more given the life events our family has gone through the last three years. You are always such a positive light. Thanks for reminding me of what's important. Love you

Today- just watching , sunday meet starts and 1 and should end by 4....

B

• Maureen813
    edited May 2015

enjoy your afternoon. Hope the dad and daughter dance went well and made wonderful memories. Please say a prayer on Tuesday because I see if gamma worked. If not. I'm in trouble

Maureen

• bevin
    edited May 2015

Praying for you now and every day Maureen .

xoxo

• karen333
    karen333 Member Posts: 2,037
    edited May 2015

In your pocket, love Karen

• Maureen813
    edited May 2015

All ok. Just need to zap one more. 3rd time is charm. Thank you for the support

• bevin
    edited May 2015

Maureen, that sounds promising. Continued prayers for you.

• LittleFlower
    LittleFlower Member Posts: 9
    edited May 2015

hi Maureen,

Sorry to hear about this last stubborn spot. You've been in my thoughts and prayers daily. Just wanted you to know there are many in your corner, even if not on the boards frequently.

Littleflower

• Maureen813
    edited May 2015

thank you little flower

How are you? I haven't heard from you in so long. Hopefully all is wonderful in your life and enjoying our weather. Thank you for the prayers and well wishes.

Love

Maureen

• WNYMom
    WNYMom Member Posts: 7
    edited July 2015

Hi! I am new to the site and I am looking to connect with some WNY sisters.

• heymoose
    heymoose Member Posts: 682
    edited July 2015

Hi all, I just realized I have not been on this site since December of last year. Boy, am I glad we have FB. Wnymom, welcome to the group. See you all soon.

Hugs

• bevin
    edited July 2015

Welcome WNY Mom

Have you just been diagnosed or are you finished with treatment.

Hope to meet you soon at one of our "monthly" luncheons. This is a great group of ladies.

• WNYMom
    WNYMom Member Posts: 7
    edited July 2015

I finished treatment in April.

I look forward to getting to know the group!

• Maureen813
    edited July 2015

same here WNYmom

• bevin
    edited July 2015

wny mom- glad you found us and I'm looking forward to meeting you too.

• Skigirl72
    Skigirl72 Member Posts: 180
    edited August 2015

Hi there everyone..... It has been a VERY long time. I've been busy. I am sorry for abruptly leaving this group so long ago. I just couldn't deal with EVERYTHING..... The last time any of you saw me (at lunch) I was wearing a scarf. Well now, I am happy to report that I have a full head of hair! I've had several cuts and I just love it! How is everyone? I am friends with Maureen and Cheryl on FB. Who was that wonderful lady sitting next to me to my right at lunch? I do wonder about everyone I meet through this journey. May I join you for your next lunch? I no longer work Saturday nights so I can request off the Saturday (day shift) that lunch is scheduled....

• Skigirl72
    Skigirl72 Member Posts: 180
    edited August 2015

• bevin
    edited August 2015

hey skigrl

Love your picture and your hair. Very cute!!

absolutely we would love to see you for lunch. I am not sure the date of the next one.

Glad to hear you are well. There is also a FB invite only site that they have started. I don't know how to send an offer to join it but I know Maureen does and she will send it along. People are posting here and there.

Take care

B

• karen333
    karen333 Member Posts: 2,037
    edited August 2015

hey skigirl, I never check in here anymore because I am on FB also,. Your hair looks great but then again you looked great in the scarf. I was on your right I think, the one from Batavia. We are planning a Sept. lunch, don't have a date pinned down yet, I don't know how to get into the FB only group either, Maureen can clue you in as Bevin said, would be great to see you again/

• Maureen813
    edited August 2015

Ski girl added to fb. Also request for lunch date and location

• MagicalBean
    MagicalBean Member Posts: 192
    edited August 2015

Hi Skigirl-I don't think we've met. I hang out on FB too, more then here. My name is Tam, and I'm from Wellsville.. I am planning to get to the September lunch-hope to see you then.

• LittleFlower
    edited September 2015

hi everyone. I'm also in the WNY area. Though I haven't met any of you wonderful ladies, I wonder if anyone here has any recommendations on breat surgeons? A woman I know was recently diagnosed, and unfortunately my surgeon, whom I loved, has left the area. Would you all mind making a recommendation if you loved your surgeon? Or anyone you would not recommend? Thanks, I'd love to offer her as much support during this trying time as possible.

• Maureen813
    edited September 2015

Hi little flower. Hope you are well and enjoying life. I've had a wonderful experience with Dr Ronald Bauer for surgery. I don't have any experience with a reconstruction surgeon

Maureen

• ankledolphin
    ankledolphin Member Posts: 21
    edited September 2015

where in wny are you looking little flower?

If rochester, my former bosses wife had dr yellin from rochester general... But no reconstruction that i know of. They loved him as a doctor

My aunt also had dr Bauer and did have reconstruction...

I had dr. Cappuccino from roswell. I had a lumpectomy so no reconstruction, if at roswell you would have a seperate plastic surgeon for reconstruction.

My mom went to the pluta center in rochester and met with a surgeon yesterday so i really only have a name on that one since i didnt go and my mom hasnt said much to me about it.

Hope that helps...

• LittleFlower
    edited September 2015

thnx for the quick responses! Maureen, thinking of you often

• bevin
    edited September 2015

HI Little flower.

I went to roswell for surgery. I didn't like it there and don't recommend them. The issue I had , is the surgeon doesn't operate on you, the interns do. The surgeon is in attendance but the student is the one performing the surgery. I also felt like your appointments were all day long and that wasn't my cup of tea. For post surgical oncology, I went outside of Roswell and am extremely happy with my doctor.

• MagicalBean
    MagicalBean Member Posts: 192
    edited September 2015

Hi Little Flower. I went to Rochester General and my surgeon was Dr. Yellin. He was fabulous. when I started on this adventure last year, he told me he had 2 jobs. One was to get rid of every bit of the cancer, and the other was to leave as little evidence as he could that he had ever "been there" He did both. Kind, compassionate, thorough. Love him.

• ankledolphin
    ankledolphin Member Posts: 21
    edited September 2015

i have been going to roswell, and from what i know...my surgeon did my surgery....if she didn't that is news to me!!!

yes, the wait time is annoying...but when i am in being seen, they take their time with me, since i have a list most appointments of various questions, side affects, etc, and we talk until everything is covered!

the other thing i like about roswell, is i had an issue with my port on the day i was to a bunch of tests, and one doc was afraid to do anything, so i just walked over to my mo who i didn't have an appointment with that day, he checked me out, gave some meds for me to calm down/pain, and the nurses re-arranged my tests so things can get done. I didn't have to drive to one location for this test, drive else where for something else....everything can be done right there....yes, some days it seems like i am there forever, especially since i have an hour drive, but for me, its been worth it