Fill Out Your Profile to share more about you. Learn more...

Western New York Area

Options
1131132133134135137»

Comments

• karen333
    karen333 Member Posts: 2,037
    edited September 2015
    Options

Hi Little Flower, I had Dr. Joel Yellin too and love him to pieces. He is kind, supportive, good with the family, even gives you his cell number so you can always reach him. He did a beautiful job and when we reached my 5 year mark and he let me loose, I felt bereft, promised to always to take my calls, you couldn't get better, he is Rochester General Breast Center.

• Skigirl72
    Skigirl72 Member Posts: 180
    edited September 2015
    Options

I'm in Rochester and I had Dr. Caldwell for my surgeon and Dr. Vega for reconstruction.... VERY happy with everything.....

• Rozann
    Rozann Member Posts: 14
    edited November 2015
    Options

Hi Maureen,

I am back here after I left or awhile. I would love to be able to meet with some other women with Stage IV. I have been on Afinitor for over 1 year, but found to today it isn't working any longer and some of my liver mets have increased in size. My Doctor stopped my medication and on the 18th will do a number of scans and are a decision as to what i left. I live in the Buffalo, Niagara Falls area of Western NY. I would love to others near my area.

• Maureen813
    Maureen813 Member Posts: 1,826
    edited November 2015
    Options

Hi Rozann

I am the only other SIV woman on this site. We also share a Facebook page where al the other girls interact. If you PM me your information I'd love to invite you to our private space on fb as well.

So sorry to learn the affinitor stopped working. There are so many other treatments and I'm hoping they will find the right one for you

Love

Mauree

• bevin
    bevin Member Posts: 519
    edited November 2015
    Options

hi Rozann

hoping you get control with with a new med. Join the FB page too. Most of us post in both places. Keep us all posted on your scans and I am praying they have something up their sleeve to get those buggers receding!

• Blipkitty
    Blipkitty Member Posts: 7
    edited June 2017
    Options

Hi Everyone,I'm new to this forum and wondered if anyone has had Takabe out of Roswell Park as their surgeon for lumpectomy? Or Farkas in Rochester from Strong? Any complications or concerns with these surgeons? Appreciate in advance your perspective. Wishing you all well!

• bevin
    edited June 2017
    Options

hi there.  I was at Roswell and had Dr Edge. The biggest thing to ask at both hospitals since they are teaching hospitals, is " who will actually perform your surgery?". Edge was my surgeon, but a Resident operated on me with him over seeing the operation, but not doing the cutting or actual surgery. So if that is important to you , definitely ask the question. Given its summer, both hospitals will have newer residents just out of med school.  Dr Edge is retired now but at the time was head of the BC surgical teams.  I had lumpectomy and no issues . I'm glad I did that over mastectomy as that is a very big surgery and you can have many more risks with complications, infections etc. Good luck to you and stay in touch.

There is also a WNY breast cancer facebook page we all belong to. If you're on facebook look it up. The ladies are pretty active there.  A great group of woman and we get together for lunches, support etc.

Bevin

• Blipkitty
    Blipkitty Member Posts: 7
    edited June 2017
    Options

Thank you, Bevin. Great reminder on the teaching hospital aspect as well as the Facebook resource. Wishing you well!

• Sand21
    Sand21 Member Posts: 4
    edited February 2021
    Options

Hi

I’m trying to find the right place to ask about a DIEP flap at Roswell in Buffalo NY

I’m new to the community - had implants done 12 years ago at age 46 after a double for a stage 3B but because of implantproblems PS has put this on the table.

I’m worried - but I hate the implants.

Any forum someone could steer me to for people in my area ? Thank you so much

• moderators
    moderators Posts: 7,989
    edited February 2021
    Options

Dear Sand21,

Welcome to the BCO community. We are glad that you reached out to our members for some help. This particular topic has not seen recent activity which may impact a timely response from others. You can possible find some members in this thread who are still active and send them a private message for more information. You can also check out the Reconstruction Forum and perhaps find some others that way.Here is a link to more information about DIEP and getting a second opinion. You will find an 800 number there to the NCI's Cancer Information Service which might be a help to you. Let us know what else we can do.

The Mods

• bevin
    edited March 2021
    Options

hi Sandra

I'd you call Roswell, they will direct you to the right person to see.. their number to call 1-800-ROSWELL (1-800-767-9355) to schedule an appointment.

• LindaJD
    LindaJD Member Posts: 134
    edited May 2021
    Options