Come join others currently navigating treatment in our weekly Zoom Meetup! Register here: Tuesdays, 1pm ET.
Fill Out Your Profile to share more about you. Learn more...

Implant Exchange (oYo) ~ Anyone go/stay SMALL?? (B cup)

Options

Comments

• EileenKaye1
    EileenKaye1 Member Posts: 166
    edited May 2012
    Options

I have had two breast reductions.  Last reduction was on April 18.  Love the cute cleavage--it is definitely easier to wear different outfits with smaller breasts.  I needed the smaller size for symmetry as I am a Uni--and my natural breast would fall over time.  I believe that the smaller breast should make the difference. 

• Sherryc
    Sherryc Member Posts: 4,503
    edited May 2012
    Options

lowrider congrats on finally getting symetry.  It has for sure been a long road for you.

• SusansGarden
    SusansGarden Member Posts: 754
    edited May 2012
    Options

Lowrider ~ what a story!  It sounds like you have a lot of positives lining up for you despite the bumpy road you've been on. Glad that you are keeping up the good fight. :)

Annicemd ~ Regarding the bra debate...sounds like each PS is different.  What does your PS say?  Some have said you need to wear a wire one from the get go for 24/7 the rest of your life.  Some say it's only important the first few months/year as you form "pockets" so that the implants don't slide around.  I talked to my PS about it and asked if it was less important the smaller the implant...he agreed that over a certain size made the bra wearing more critical.  I made sure I stayed under that size. ;)  Also, my PS was very cognicent of having my TE dimensions match my natural breast footprints/pockets. (I had a nipple sparing).  So my implants sit very similiar as my natural breasts did ~ so maybe that helps not having to wear a bra?  I do wear a bra most of the time. But not always to bed.. and I often wear "bra tank tops".

And I agree about augmentation cc's being vastly different in perceived size than reconstruction cc's.  When I told my friend I was getting 457cc's, she about flipped out that I would be HUGE. If that was under my old breast tissue.. it would have been. But with just my rib cage and the implant squished under my pec muscle... I look like the gal in the picture up top. :)   

• Annicemd
    Annicemd Member Posts: 292
    edited May 2012
    Options

Thanks Susan

Annicemd

• jepsj5
    jepsj5 Member Posts: 13
    edited May 2012
    Options

Annicemd, my PS told me to do what i want after exchange.  I have smaller implants too.  But i have worn a sports type bra 24/7 so far. :)

• Annicemd
    Annicemd Member Posts: 292
    edited May 2012
    Options

Thanks jeps. My ps said he has no preference but now I have a blasted infection so I am not wearing anything tight around e area. Just hope we have caught it in time.

• SusansGarden
    edited May 2012
    Options

Ugh. Infections are not fun.  I hope it clears up quickly for you.

• jepsj5
    jepsj5 Member Posts: 13
    edited May 2012
    Options

O no I hope it clears up fast!

• lisak7290
    lisak7290 Member Posts: 103
    edited May 2012
    Options

Mine said I could wear a sports bra. Howu soon after can I put one on

• SusansGarden
    edited May 2012
    Options

I would ask your PS at your post-op appointment. :)

• serenitywisdom
    serenitywisdom Member Posts: 109
    edited May 2012
    Options

Hi,

I had my reconsturctive  TE switched out to silicone implant and reduction and lift on the other breast about 3 weeks ago.  Both breasts are very hard.  PS says its due to swelling of tissue. I am wearing a sports bra  24/7.  They look great but the itching is sometimes driving me nuts.  I guess it is healing.  Does anyone have itching problems and what are they dong about it?  Also still having sharp pains occasionally  (nerves regnerating??)  and burning pain in both breasts.  Do others who have had the exchange or reduction experience this?  I guess I thought the pain wold be gone by now

• lago
    lago Member Posts: 11,653
    edited May 2012
    Options
    serenity I hear that it can take a bit for the nerves (pain) to heal, maybe even a year. I know I have a little soreness to the touch on the bottom of lefty. I had a revision on lefty in October so I'm still giving it time. Righty is fine but the exchange was last June. But to be honest I don't remember the burning at exchange. I had that after BMX
  • SusansGarden
    edited May 2012
    Options

I don't remember any burning at exchange either. I'm a year out from exchange and I still get little odd itches and twitches/pangs every now and then.

• sheryl1944
    sheryl1944 Member Posts: 1
    edited May 2012
    Options

I will have the implants put in in June, I will be happy with small, perky "breasts". The last fill in my tissue expanders caused pain for weeks so I decided 620cc was plenty. My doctor will perform liposuction to get rid of these fat cells I acquired taking femara. I took femara for 15 months only, felt terrible on it so stopped, just couldn't take the side effects any longer. Liposuction will be performed at the same time as .the implants.

Sheryl

• SusansGarden
    edited May 2012
    Options

Best of luck to you with your surgery next month.  Almost done! :)

• mammalou
    mammalou Member Posts: 293
    edited May 2012
    Options

I had my pre op last week.  I didn't discuss size enough with the doc and now I'm panicking that I'm going to be too big.  I know I will end up a little smaller than my expanded self, correct?  They did overexpand.  It is wierd how nervous I am about this.  I think after living with a MX for a year, it seems like you want everything to get fixed and be better, but are afraid it will get messed up. 

• SusansGarden
    edited May 2012
    Options

mammalou ~ I think it is safe to say that , yes, you will end up a little smaller than your expanded self.  Especially less projection. (also depends on if they overfilled the TE's -  my TE's were underfilled so there wasn't as dramatic of a difference from TE's to implants that most people get)

Honestly, the biggest complaint I've seen on these boards is that people thought they ended up too small.  Only a handful seem to think they ended up too big. 

Hope you have speedy healing for your exchange surgery.  Smile 

• mammalou
    edited June 2012
    Options

.......Honestly, the biggest complaint I've seen on these boards is that people thought they ended up too small.  Only a handful seem to think they ended up too big. ....

Thanks, this statement instantly made me stop worrying.  Since I know I won't be bigger than my current TE, I guess I can't go wrong.   I am excited and nervous to get this done.  I only had a UMX, and I am so tired of being uneven and self conscious about that.

• jenlee
    jenlee Member Posts: 204
    edited June 2012
    Options

I didn't get implants, but did decide to go smaller. I asked for high & perky B's, was previously a full slightly droopy C. My former breasts made me look frumpy. Clothing looks so much better on me and I feel like my new size will make my athletic pursuits easier, for me. If i want to look larger, there are bras that will do that. I didn't ask my husband's opinion, But he did mention that I should do what made me comfortable. Everyone needs to follow their instincts and do what they think,will make them happy... I seem to be in the minority of wanting to go smaller:)

• SusansGarden
    edited June 2012
    Options

jenlee ~ How is recovery coming along from your DIEP...looks like you just had it done 2 weeks ago? :)

• EileenKaye1
    EileenKaye1 Member Posts: 166
    edited June 2012
    Options

Hi- had two breast reductions-now a Large B--so much easier to wear clothing--so comfortable.  Eileen

• jenlee
    jenlee Member Posts: 204
    edited June 2012
    Options

Susansgarden, thanks for asking. My recovery from Diep is progressing more quickly than anticipated. I'm trying not to get too enthusiastic because some of the women have said that around the 3rd week, they hit a low point (maybe psychologically).

• SusansGarden
    edited June 2012
    Options

Looks like you went to NOLA ...and from what I read, they are THE place to have it done. :)

• fluffqueen01
    fluffqueen01 Member Posts: 1,795
    edited June 2012
    Options

I love my smaller foobs. Golfed 9 holes for the first time since this all started, since I was on arm restrictions off and on through all the surgeries last year. It was so much better to swing a club ( and I am a bad golfer!).

And my shirts look great. I couldn't be happier. Got my tats last ptly developed very itchy redness. PS put me on an antibiotic quickly with some kind of cream. Don't think I needed the antibiotic. He said some people are allergic to the tattoo ink. It took about 3 days for the itching to stop.

• SusansGarden
    edited June 2012
    Options

Glad to hear you are recovered and getting back to normal fluffq! :)

• mammalou
    edited June 2012
    Options

I had exchange/reduction/lift yesterday. I just looked! They are definitely smaller but they look good. It sure is different from my DD's and I hope I like it. It makes me a little nervous, but the bottom line is that I had no choice. They couldn't stretch me any more because of rads. So, time will tell, but it definitely beats lopsided!

• fluffqueen01
    fluffqueen01 Member Posts: 1,795
    edited June 2012
    Options

I am a fairly full B, although some smaller running C's will fit. I had some space with the upper pole area and the fat grafting helped that hugely. I have absorbed some of it, however, but it is still a lot better. I think I may have one more shot of fat grafting before the end of the year, since everything is maxxed out insurance wise and then be completely done.

• SusansGarden
    edited June 2012
    Options

Congrats on being done with surgery and glad you like what you see, Mammalou!

Fluff, I absorbed some of my fat grafting too.  I have my one year follow up with my PS in December.  I don't think I'd bother going through surgery again any time soon... but if I need some other procedure down the road and max out my insurance again...I might think about it. ;) 

• mammalou
    edited June 2012
    Options

My exchange was last Tuesday and I am feeling better. I also had a wire guided biopsy and lift/reduction on the other side and that is the side that hurts the most. My arm/wrist on the exchange side has pain and numbness. I'm wondering why but also hoping it isn't a Sign of LE. I have to say that I really thought this surgery would be easier. It was 5 hours long and I think the anesthesia was hard on me, so maybe that is part of the problem. I was really excited to have this surgery and not be lopsided anymore and go to a smaller breast size. I was a DD. They had to go smaller than I wanted because of radiation issues with my skin. I find myself feeling like I've had another mastectomy and feeling kind of depressed. When I look in the mirror, it doesn't look like me. Anyone else have these feelings after reduction?

• SuebeeBC
    SuebeeBC Member Posts: 545
    edited June 2012
    Options

Lordy Susan - this thread is just like the energizer bunny!  It keeps going and going!

Just an update - a year and 1/2 out of MX and my tat is FINALLY scheduled!  For heavens sake this was the gift that kept on giving, wasnt it?  My PS does the 3D and she'll give me a fine looking tit-tat on July 11.  Just in time to show it off to Firedancer in August. I cannot get fat grafting (all has to do with the upper pole of natural girl - you cant FG one without the other and the other cant be FGed because that would screw up mammos from now on)....so this is the final step.  I just thought I would never see it!

And yes, I decided to stay small - right - my body decided how big I could get...they sound a whole lot bigger than they look, let me tell ya!  Id love to read this thread over and see what I decided way back a year and 1/2 ago!  LOL!!!