Come join others currently navigating treatment in our weekly Zoom Meetup! Register here: Tuesdays, 1pm ET.
Fill Out Your Profile to share more about you. Learn more...

Implant Exchange (oYo) ~ Anyone go/stay SMALL?? (B cup)

Options
1656667686971»

Comments

• lago
    lago Member Posts: 11,653
    edited December 2013
    Options

Just remember though depending on your wife's ribcage they may be different. The Style 15 are a bit wider than the style 20. As you can see I'm much fuller now.

• whitenack
    whitenack Member Posts: 39
    edited December 2013
    Options

Her ribcage is the same as yours.  However, I guess the big difference in you guys is the hip to shoulder ratio.  Not sure how much of a difference that makes, but I would guess narrower shoulders would make the bust seem bigger, even with the same ribcage measurements.

• lago
    edited December 2013
    Options

But her ribcage may be bumpy or concave… or maybe mine is so that can change things. Also in the first photo I'm about 126lbs. Newer photos anywhere for 134-137. Need to get back down to that 130 Winking I do have wide hips

• whitenack
    edited December 2013
    Options

Dang, Lago!  I'm trying to give you credit for helping us out and all you are doing is muddying the waters further!  Ha! 

• lago
    edited December 2013
    Options

Ha ha because the medical field is not a perfect science. Her PS will come in with several sizes and figure out which works best once s/he's in there based on what she wants. She will have some idea based on her expanders. I recommend that women go in to their PS with a bra and say "I want to look like this."

But I will admit I carry my weight below my belly button so you're right… boobs would look the same on me even if I did lose even 15lbs.

• Smaarty
    Smaarty Member Posts: 2,618
    edited February 2014
    Options

I had the implants done yesterday, sore but doing ok. I'm at 550cc so smaller than I was originally. Which is great, I don't have to wear a bra anymore!! He did go a little bigger than I expanded to, which I ask him to do if they fit. So I'm happy right now. Can't see much but can tell already that my armpits are happier now that the TEs are gone.

• SusansGarden
    SusansGarden Member Posts: 754
    edited February 2014
    Options

Congrats on being happy with your exchange, Smaarty! :)

• whitenack
    edited February 2014
    Options

Hey ladies.  Just popping my head back in here to give you an update over the past few months.  Since my last post, my wife has gone in for a couple of fills, and man has that made a lot of difference.  The past two fills have really changed the shape.  Right now, she is overfilled to 460cc and I think she looks fantastic.  Before this point they were wide and flat, and were nice but not great.  Now, they are like...wow!  We actually told the PS at the last appointment (at that point she was at 425cc) that we were happy with the size.  The PS overfilled to 460cc to accommodate the exchange, and now we are like, "Wait, I like THIS size even more!".  So now we have an appointment with the PS to have another fill to get to the next size implant.

This has not come without some downsides.  There is no denying the fact now that she is going to look obviously different from before the mastectomy.  The dream of just going a little bigger than before...not big enough to be noticeable under clothes but big enough to enjoy out of clothes (Happy), or being able to hide things with certain clothing or in bras is now out the window (we were probably fooling ourselves anyway).  Last night, she threw on a fitted tank top to go exercise (located at our church), and we both looked at each other and our eyes got wide.  "Uh, I guess I better go change!", she said.  Not that she looks fake...she looks quite natural I think.  It fits her frame very well, it is just obviously a lot larger than she used to be (she was a small A cup before, now she's in the D cup range).  If we lived in northern climates where she always needed a sweater and scarf, we wouldn't have a problem.  However, when summer rolls around, the clothes have to come off.

So, ladies...   Ladies that (at least at one point) wanted to stay/go small.  How do you muster the mental discipline to cut yourself off from the "boob fairy's magic wand" and say enough is enough?  Have any of you regretted your decision to go "one more round" from the boob keg? 

• lago
    edited February 2014
    Options

I went from a small, non full 34B to a full 34D! I did not want to be that big. My husband, mom and friends say the size fits my frame. I do feel I would have been happier with a 34C which is what I wanted. I said I had enough at 4 expansions but my PS said not yet. He filled at 50CC.

EDIT:

I'm in a mid profile Allergen Naterelle style15 397cc. I don't have cleavage more of a valley but I was that way before. Just now I have a much deeper valley.

• MBLizzy
    MBLizzy Member Posts: 18
    edited February 2014
    Options

I stayed small. I was a 32c/34b and after my exchange I am about the same. I am agroup exercise instructor and spend a lot of time in camis and tanks. I really had no problem resisting the boob fairy magic wand. I did not want to go bigger because I always liked my body type (dancer-ish), was afraid of additional complications if I went larger, was worried the implants might get in my way of exercising and I liked the way my clothes fit prior to my BMX and did not want to replace my clothes or change my style. I had 320 (left) and 350(right) grams removed during my BMX and had mentor high profile round silicone smooth, 325ccon each side (I am 5ft 7in, 122 lbs). My PS tried the 350cc during the exchange, but said I would not have been happy, so he opted for the 325cc. I am very pleased with my results.

• minustwo
    minustwo Member Posts: 13,089
    edited February 2014
    Options

whitenack - I never wanted the magic boob fairy.  I was 36DD after breast feeding, etc. and wanted to be a B or at most, a C.  Unfortunately my PS is a man who did not really hear me - or maybe didn't believe me.  I see that over & over again on these boards.  They are so excited by the magic boob fairy they forget what the patient wants.  I wanted to look athletic or almost like a ballet dancer - sleek.  I wanted just enough so that my clothes would hang right - not showing gaps between every button like before.  Sigh.  The shape is nice (Allergan 410s), the cleavage is good, I wish the size were smaller.

• sarahjane7374
    sarahjane7374 Member Posts: 23
    edited March 2014
    Options

I wanted the magic boob fairy.  I was an A cup before and always wished for bigger boobs.  My PS listened, and I got what I asked for.  After my exchange I am really filling out a C cup, could possibly go D depending on the bra.  I waffle between liking it and thinking maybe they are a little too big.  Certain clothing makes me look.....lets say Barbie-ish.  And then in other things, I feel like I look ok.  I am pretty small - 5'3", 115 lbs.  I will probably "keep" them, but I do have my days.....

• Savedbygod
    Savedbygod Member Posts: 24
    edited March 2014
    Options

I have to say you are a funny one, you have cheered me up a bit going back and reading trough old post trying to ease myself, I wish I had access to the picture site they said its too soon to let me see, I am a wreck.  I just had my expander replaced with implants on march 3.  I am nervous about my size I was a 32ddd wanted to be close to that, I would be happy with the picture you posted.  I look like a buff man, my ps expanded me to 720cc then put in naturell 410 FF 535 cc.  he wont give me info on expanders for whippetmom to help me know what I might end up being.  I hope they are not tooo saggy from what I am reading.  I cant take this surgical bra off til the 11th.  I measured myself with it on and I am 28 ribs and 35 to 36 around breast still unsure if I will look ok.  I am 44 and recently single.  I know it sounds shallow but I have other medical scars all over my body and my breasts were my only good asset.  Funny I wonder what God is trying to tell me.  Anyway thanks for the laugh, it feels good.

• lago
    edited March 2014
    Options

Savedbygod Highly doubtful your boobs were your only good asset. And seriously you don't want a partner that is more interested in your boobs than you. You don't need to be someone's booty call right? You want a relationship I assume.

BTW my old boobs, although small were really awesome too. The new ones, ok well not so new anymore still seem like aliens to me but they do look like boobs... just someone else's Winking

• SusansGarden
    SusansGarden Member Posts: 754
    edited March 2014
    Options

Glad we could give you a giggle during this crazy time.  From the measurements you stated, it sounds like you should be happy with the new (oYo) you. :)

• minustwo
    edited March 2014
    Options

savedbygod - Sounds like you have already had your exchange surgery.  If that's the case, it's not too critical at this point what your expanders WERE, since you've already got your implants.  Of course there is always recourse to revision surgery, but most people on these boards recommend waiting until all the swelling and changes in your body are finished before making those decisions.  This may take 6 months.  I know it's hard to be patient, but give it a chance.

• Beckg256
    Beckg256 Member Posts: 1
    edited March 2017
    Options

Keeping you in my prayers that all goes well for you.

But, with that said...my reply is about something other then what you are asking; but about something you have posted in your message.

I was diagnosed in 2009 and on Tamoxifen for five years, from 2010 to 2015; two years Tamoxifen free as of January. I never had so many issues with dental work as I did once I started with that medication. I see you also are having dental work. Is this something new since being on the chemo? I am down to 7 teeth on the bottom and one is out on the top so far. I have read so much in regards to this and it seems that the majority of people on this medication have the same issue.

I was told I should have dental implants but they aren't covered by insurance and I can't afford them. This will be my third partial.

Ask your oncologist about this just in case it is a side effect.

Take care of yourself and God Bless.

Becky

• minustwo
    edited March 2017
    Options

Beckg - this thread has been dormant since 2014. Since you're talking about dentistry and this thread was about the size of implants, perhaps you intended to post on a different thread?