Fill Out Your Profile to share more about you. Learn more...

Stitching the pieces together

Options

Comments

• Meece
    Meece Member Posts: 10,618
    edited February 2011
    Options

I finished one of the scarf projects I found in the garage.  But noticed there was one more in the basket.

• jo1955
    jo1955 Member Posts: 7,545
    edited February 2011
    Options

Meece - Can we please, please see a picture of the scarf?

• Meece
    edited February 2011
    Options

Sure, I'll take pics after church today.

• jo1955
    edited February 2011
    Options

Meece - Can't wait to see the pics.

• samsue
    samsue Member Posts: 599
    edited February 2011
    Options

This is one of my favorite baby quilts I made for a friend. I only had a snapshot of it so I scanned and then when that diden't work, took a picture of it off the computer.... it's a bit fuzzy but you can get an idea of how it turned out. I used polka dots, stars, and other fun fabrics with an old fashioned quilt block. I made another of a niece using the same block but "girlie" fabric for  hers...When I took a look at this photo, I noticed Cory had a "crown" made by one of the blocks - I couldn't have placed him so perfect in the picture.....

• Meece
    edited February 2011
    Options
    It was so funny FDIL (Future Daughter in Law) called and wanted to go walking yesterday.  She said it had been cold the day before so I should dress warm and bring a scarf.  I ended up dropping my scarf on the hood of my car as I passed it because the weather was so nice.  The gloves never made it out of the house, and have the time, the hoodie was wraped around my waist.
  • Meece
    edited February 2011
    Options

Samsue, I noticed the crown tight away.  I showed DH before I even read your post.  Cute, cute quilt!

• samsue
    samsue Member Posts: 599
    edited February 2011
    Options

Thanks, I usually do the traditional blocks and use them in a different way. My house at the time I was making a lot of quilts was "country" and I had antiques to compliment them.

• jo1955
    edited February 2011
    Options

samsue - I, too noticed the "crown" right away.  Not only is the quilt cute, so is the "model"

• dragonflymary
    dragonflymary Member Posts: 325
    edited February 2011
    Options

Samsue, beautiful work!  And baby too, of course.  I'm pretty charged up--going to a block of the month meeting this afternoon.  Starting a new pattern.  Yesterday I quilted all day--when I started out I didn't feel well but felt great by the end of it all.  Will post when I get it all together.  XOXO to all crafties.

• chrissyb
    chrissyb Member Posts: 11,438
    edited February 2011
    Options

Looking forward to seeing it Dragonfly!

• Meece
    edited February 2011
    Options

Didn't get the camera out today, but finished another of the scarves I found that were under construction.

I feel creative again.

• barbe1958
    barbe1958 Member Posts: 7,605
    edited February 2011
    Options

That's a good thing! I took pics of my old pictures yesterday to try to post them on the beach thread, but the pics of pics were just sooooo bland!!! And without using my tripod, they were shaky. I had my DH put them away - yet again....sigh. Not feeling creative yet.

• Meece
    edited February 2011
    Options

I have a scanner but I just never get around to getting my scanning done.  I have so many pictures in boxes!  I have a project planned where I will scan all the old pictures and put them on discs for each of my children.  Then put the originals in albums.  Yeah, right!

• veggy
    veggy Member Posts: 4,150
    edited February 2011
    Options

I think I have located a quilting guild! I asked at Joanne Fabric and one of the ladies knew of a group. I am so excited! Next I have to make some phone calls.

• lvtwoqlt
    lvtwoqlt Member Posts: 765
    edited February 2011
    Options

Good for you Veggy. Hopefully the group will be a good fit for what you are looking for.

It is storming her tonight and I don't feel like going out in the weather to go to guild meeting tonight. I guess I will see them Wed at the sew bee day. 

Sheila 

• faithandfifty
    faithandfifty Member Posts: 4,424
    edited March 2011
    Options

I love seeing all of the projects!!! Keep sharing, everyone! 

Here's a picture taken last week, during one of my "Artist-in-the-Schools" visits into Kindergarten. I am showing the kiddos the original quilts that I designed and sewed together which then were scanned into the computer to create the illustrations within my first picture book.

I create 16 'small' quiltlets and that becomes a 32 page picture book.

These are two quilts from my first picture book project, now just over 5 years old.

I always show the book & it's illustrations first and then ask the students to guess what media I used to create the pictures..... they almost 'never' guess fabric/quilts.

• jo1955
    edited March 2011
    Options

faith - Those are absolutely brilliant. What gorgeous colors.  Thanks for sharing.

• Meece
    edited March 2011
    Options

I love your quiltlets, Faithie.  You are so creative!!!

• veggy
    veggy Member Posts: 4,150
    edited March 2011
    Options

Beautiful!

• chrissyb
    chrissyb Member Posts: 11,438
    edited March 2011
    Options

I think that there is just as much work if not more in a quiltllette as there is in a full sized one.  Faithie, yours are beautiful!

• dragonflymary
    edited March 2011
    Options

Really beautiful faith!  It's true it is just as difficult to do something small as it is large--sometimes harder!  My dau. makes doll clothes and they are really hard.  I make small handbags and they can be hard due to so many small parts!

• Meece
    edited March 2011
    Options

Well I finished the third scarf.  The blue ones were ones that had not been finished, and I started and completed the cream colored one with the yarn I had found in the garage.  Three projects, albeit small ones, finished this week!!

• barbe1958
    barbe1958 Member Posts: 7,605
    edited March 2011
    Options

Well done!!! I live in a climate that deserves scarves and I don't even wear them. It's a rebel thing up here....

• Meece
    edited March 2011
    Options

I went to Collingwood once and remember being pretty darn cold, even in April!

I use the scarves more as a fashion accessory, althought the blue bubbly looking scarf on the right is pretty heavy and would be very warm.

• jo1955
    edited March 2011
    Options

Meece - The scarves are beautiful.  Great Job!  I don't live in a climate that deserves wear but whoever wears those will be nice and warm.

• dragonflymary
    edited March 2011
    Options

Meece, your scarves are great!!  Posing a question to all who sew/quilt:  is there such a thing as a decent iron?  Mine are never hot enough, or too hot, or they leak or spit.  What's wrong?  If you pay more do you get more?--Dragonflymary

• jo1955
    edited March 2011
    Options
    If you look in some of the sewing/quilting catalogs, you can find good irons for fabric.  I have a medium priced on and use it on medium heat.  You may want to send a PM to barbe1958.  She used to own a quilt shop and is a great source of information.
  • Meece
    edited March 2011
    Options

I am happy with my Black & Decker iron.  Moderately priced and good steam.

• jo1955
    edited March 2011
    Options

I spent the day finishing this quilt top.  Now ready to put it all together.