Fill Out Your Profile to share more about you. Learn more...

TRIPLE POSITIVE GROUP

Comments

• omaz
    omaz Member Posts: 4,218
    Yayyyyyyyyy Missy!!
  • nora_az
    nora_az Member Posts: 391

Congrats Missy!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!   Yeahhhhhh   Doesnt it feel great?

• Trisha-Anne
    Trisha-Anne Member Posts: 1,661

Hello everyone - I've been a bit of a lurker on here for a while.

I'm having Herceptin number 15 today - after that only 2 more to go Yay!

Yay! for you Missy - I can't wait till my last one :-)

Once I'm finished I'll be having my port out - it doesn't really bother me too much but the onc says it's better out than in.  I'll be interested to see how it's done down here (Australia).  I'll let you know when it is.

I've had problems with heartburn and the big D ever since chemo. It's nowhere near as bad, but still there.  Hopefully after Herceptin is finished it will all go away lol

Also - I love, love, love Emla cream.  We don't need a perscription here - it's an over the counter medication from the chemist.  It's not cheap though - $80 for a tube, but that tube has lasted me 12 months, and there'll still be some left after the last treatment.

Trish

• ricia
    ricia Member Posts: 18

congrats Missy! Heya fellow lurker (Trisha-Anne)! :)

• missy_111
    missy_111 Member Posts: 97

Thank you, thank you!! So happy to be done!!

• fluffqueen01
    fluffqueen01 Member Posts: 1,797

Congrats missy!

• geewhiz
    geewhiz Member Posts: 671

Congrats Missy! Enjoy the wonderful feeling of being DONE!!

• arlenea
    arlenea Member Posts: 1,150

Hooray Missy!  What an awesome feeling. 

Lago:  They did give me the option and would have used my port but the radiologist said with the port the test is less accurate,  Agree they do what is easiest for them with little consideration for the patient,, but my center in NV wasn't at all like that.  Fortunately, I only had surgery on one side so they used the opposite after I explained he couldn't use the right arm....this YOUNG tech had no clue but he was good.

Ladies:  Explain to me cording....I think I might be developing it.  I have a long knot like thingy under my surgery arm and it is a tad bit painful.  Just noticed it today but have noticed the past few days that it hurts to stretch that arm out.

Thanks!!!

• d-too
    d-too Member Posts: 13

Hi ladies. I'm one week postop BMX. I have so many questions about what is next... I see my BS tomorrow for the first time and don't know what I shoul be asking re; recon, TEs? Is it too soon to worry about reconstruction and should I be focused on chemo/ port insertion/ herceptin. I know my nodes were negative but I don't know how many were biopsies? Anything from you great ladies on what to expect next. What did people do before these breastcancer.org forums?? I almost forgot... I have 2 JPs( drains). The drainage hasn't increased but it doesn't seem to be slowing down. Any suggestions to slow it down? The left is draining 25-30/8 hours and the right is draining 35-40/8 hours. He said he won't pull them until it's less than 10/8 hours

• lago
    lago Member Posts: 11,653

Arlene here is a linky about Axillary Web Syndrome/Cording 

Yay to finishing Herceptin. I found I was less stiff after about a month.

• kennylynne
    kennylynne Member Posts: 75

Congrats Missy on finshing Herceptin!!!! On with your life now!

• Kay_G
    Kay_G Member Posts: 1,914

Dtoo, the only thing I know that can increase drainage is doing too much. You should be taking it pretty easy. Just that and some time as far as I know.

Congrats Missy! I bet you feel great!

• nora_az

Dtoo,

I concur with that kay1963 says. I was having some really bad swelling problems when I was newly post-op. I thought walking was good for me. Well it is but I was doing too much of it and not enough down time. Our bodies get mad at us and start swelling and the output of fluids in the drains increases.

Take it easy!

• NancyJill
    NancyJill Member Posts: 127
    With all we are dealing with, fluffqueen01, so sorry. Thanks to everyone else for their input, too. It does seem like it swings back and forth from diarrhea to constipation. My nurse said to try cutting back on dairy and not to eat late at night. Dairy is my calcium source, so I'm going to have to remember the supplements now. Herceptin just seems to make my nose run and occasional flutters in the chest. I wouldn't mind switching to a 6-month protocol, though! I think I have the winter blahs with less sunshine for the past month.
  • d-too

Thanks ladies for responses. Saw my BS today, first time since surgery. He was relieved we went ahead with BMX as opposed to lumpectomy. He said tumor was much closer to chest wall than he expected. He was also pleased with drainage and said the same thing you guys told me.. Rest a little more and probably left drain will be out by the end of this week and right will be out by the end of next. He spent along time discussing recon and PSs'. Two of his favorites and why he likes what they do. Everything is making a little more sense but when that anxiety starts,the games it plays with my mind. I'm sure everyone's been there..... Right now, with a lot of questions answered by the surgeon and what you ladies share in this forum a lot of the fear and anxiety have subsided. Thanks Kay and Nora and everyone else! Another MD appointment tomorrow and then I'll start calling PSs for initial consults..

• fluffqueen01
    fluffqueen01 Member Posts: 1,797

D2-I am pm'ing you my list of questions I worked from when I interviewed oncologists and plastic surgeons.

I'm on the photo site now! Figured it all out and loaded them up. You can see them under the thread Jill's new twins. Here's the link, but I am not sure it will work. http://tkt.hostned.ws/cgi-bin/forum/Blah.cgi?m-1323233889/

• Jennt28
    Jennt28 Member Posts: 1,095

Hi, I'm VERY new here. Just diagnosed with the cancer last Thursday (1cm, Grade2). Just diagnosed today with ER+ PR+ Her2+ ...

Wide excision surgery is this Friday with SNB being sent off for path so results won't be available till my follow-up appt next Thursday (my choice based on stats - I work in cancer clinical research). The full team will discuss me next Thurs and then I will get to hear what their plans are. Well aware they will now have to throw "everything" at me, particularly since I'm only 46 and premenopausal.

Because this is all happening so fast we have no idea if this has spread. Won't know for a couple of weeks...

with regards Jenn in Sydney, Australia

• Kay_G
    Kay_G Member Posts: 1,914

Good luck Jenn and just take deep breaths and relax. It will be okay.

• omaz
    Hi Jenn - Sorry you are here but glad you found us!
  • d-too

Good luck Jenn, I'm a nurse and that "little bit of knowledge" issue and being in the research field is real tricky. One thing I've learned so far is that I've had to turn off "nurse mode" and become a patient. It's real easy to clinically disassociate so be careful and take care of yourself. I've only been around these forums for a couple of weeks and the best knowledge base are these ladies that have already experienced everything we are getting ready to experience. I have spent a month reading the forums that pertain to my diagnosis and this is where most of my questions have been answered. I've only been posting a couple of weeks. I guess I'm out of denial.... Hang in there!!!

• kennylynne
    kennylynne Member Posts: 75

Sorry you have to be here Jenn....... this is a great support system. I don't know what I would do if I didn't have these ladies to talk to. Hugs

• arlenea
    arlenea Member Posts: 1,150

Good luck Jenn....so sorry to welcome you here but welcome.

• nora_az

I'm trying not to worry here. I have been having that sore throat off and on for a couple of months, 3 rounds of antibiotics and today was the follow up with my PCP.  He said from all the antibiotics I have thrush in my throat now. The lymph node that I have been complaining about as being swollen he said is hard and he wants it biopsied asap by a general surgeon. I have been very run down lately and that lymph node always seems to get large when I'm not feeling well. I'm trying to not worry until I have reason to but it's scary!

• omaz
    ((((hugs nora!)))))  lymph node is probably from the infection.
  • Trisha-Anne
    Trisha-Anne Member Posts: 1,661

Jen - good luck tomorrow, will be thinking of you.

From a fellow Aussie

Trish

xoxo

• TonLee
    TonLee Member Posts: 1,589

Hugs to you Nora.

• nora_az

Thanks!  I see a general surgeon tomorrow morning for a consult

• saralmom
    saralmom Member Posts: 216

Good luck at your appt. tomorrow Nora.  

• specialk
    specialk Member Posts: 9,246

nora - good luck at your consult - hoping it is nothing to worry about.

tonlee - look at your cute hair in your avatar pic!  Girl, check out your guns!

• TonLee
    TonLee Member Posts: 1,589

Aw thanks SK.  I am fighting a giant Lego Darth Vader for a light saber....lol

Nora, please let us know as soon as you do!  I'm praying for you this morning!