Support us when you check out at Walgreens! Learn more about our Walgreens collaboration.

TRIPLE POSITIVE GROUP

Comments

• moonflwr912
    moonflwr912 Member Posts: 5,938

Lago, congrats! 2 years NED!

• specialk
    specialk Member Posts: 9,255

lago - yay for 2 years NED!

• geewhiz
    geewhiz Member Posts: 671

Woohooo Lago! Here's to many more years for us all....!!!!

• AlaskaAngel
    AlaskaAngel Member Posts: 694

No trastuzumab as an "old-timer" to be able to share the cardiac results of that, but I did have Adriamycin as part of CAF 10 years ago. As part of my annual physical exam I requested an echo for this fall at 10 years out to see where I am with cardiac due to the Adriamycin given to me at age 51, and that is scheduled for November for me. CA 15-3 remains no more than 10 at present, which is what it settled down to within the first year after completing chemotherapy. Looking forward to seeing LOTS MORE 10-years-out posts from you all!!!!

A.A.

• moonflwr912

Well got my echo. Probably won't find out if I got the extra points I need til Tuesday because of the weekend and holiday. Don't worry, I don't feel another poem coming on......yet! LOL. Actually I used to write little ditties all the time for fun. First Time since I was Dx'd that I have done this. I think that means I feel like life is settling into, ready, get ready, here it is - THE NEW NORMAL! LOL

• moonflwr912

Kayb, thanks for that informative article. It was particularly helpful for me. Maybe, I will go back through my chart and see if my troponin numbers were diferent in my hospitalization this year, vs my pacemaker placement last year. It would be interesting to compare. Well, my cardiologist was contacted by my MO, so should be interesting to see now. much love to all.

• ashla
    ashla Member Posts: 1,566

L'CHAIM Lago....

I am so sorry that you and all the rest of my Triple Pos friends have had to make this terrible BC journey but I am so grateful that you and all the others have been here to help those who came later including me.

Thank you Lago for always been there for us and congrats on two years NED!

L'chaim...to life!

• camillegal
    camillegal Member Posts: 15,711

Cute poem Moon and I do remember quite a few women whose % dropped but then came back up---Mine stayed steady the whole time and I don't know if this is relavant but I am seeing a cardiologist now for (Ihope) some minor issuew--still need some tests ?????? But I do know some are for certain SE. ugh

And cats---Well mine found my cancer and since all this stuff started when she cuddles with me she won;t unless there kis a blanket between us--she never cared before and she's very gentke--I don;t understand all that but she doesn't even play fight with me anymore--she is so gentle--she's screwy.

Wow a lot of info is going on here--but since I'm done with herceptin I chose not to read it---what done is done--good or bad.

• dancetrancer
    dancetrancer Member Posts: 2,461

Congrats Lago on 2 years!!!

• lago
    lago Member Posts: 11,653

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/thumb/f/f7/Hebrew_Chai_Symbol_trans.svg/687px-Hebrew_Chai_Symbol_trans.svg.png

For all of us!

• arlenea
    arlenea Member Posts: 1,150

Wow!  Gone for a week and look at all the posts.  Trying to catch up!  I was in California visiting my daughter and my celebrating my granddaughter's first birthday!

Great poem Moon!

I have a question for those who have been deported?  Did you all have a lumpy spot right where the port sat?  It is very odd!

• omaz
    omaz Member Posts: 4,218
    Hi Arlene - Welcome back!  Is it possible that the surgeon filled in the 'hole' left by the port and it hasn't settled down yet?  My surgeon said he was going to put some fat in the area where the port was.  Now 1 year later it is pretty flat but I can feel a slight depression.    
  • arlenea

Omaz:  That would make sense.  He didn't say anything about that and I went back a week later and the nurse checked and said it looked ok except for the puffy spot.  The surgeon left the practice and the State.  I'll have another surgeon check it because it does look odd but it doesn't hurt or anything.  Thanks for the feedback.

• arlenea

Omaz:  Where would the fat come from?

• omaz
    Arlene - He said that he was going to move it from the sides around the pocket area or that's what I understood from what he said.   I have broad shoulders so I think there was plenty to work with.
  • arlenea

Ok, he could have done that without me knowing since that area would have been numb, I guess.

• TonLee
    TonLee Member Posts: 1,589

Congrats Lago on two years out.  May God grant you at least 50 more ;)

• shore1
    shore1 Member Posts: 591

Lago, congrats to you & thank you for all the times just reading your posts has gotten me off "the ledge".

I know this has been asked somewhere -- when do I count years of survival from? I had an excisional biopsy of the mass last June and bmx last August showing no residual carcinoma found and SNB was 0/4 nodes. Chemo went 9/21-2/1. Still getting herceptin. Do I count from june 2011, August, or end of chemo or herceptin?

• ashla

Shore...

My BS says from surgery......in my case lumpectomy.

• omaz
    Arlene - Well I had it done in the hospital official like.  Do you think it might be an accumulation of fluid that is causing the bump?
  • omaz
    lago - What did you decide about your port?  I seem to remember you were thinking about removing it??
  • arlenea

Still reading back to catch up.  I'm Grade 2 and 68/73 (ER/PR). 

Omaz:  My hubby thinks it is fluid.  It's weird.

• lago

Thanks everyone.

NED stands for no evidence of disease. I count from surgery since that's when they removed the cancer (Beginning of treatment for me). Some people had chemo first. If they had complete response I would count the day the found out.

TonLee I don't want to live that long! Tongue out

I'm meeting with port surgeon in October. Should be coming out after that.

• arlenea

Lago:  Thanks for that.  I also keep wondering when we count from.  Surgery date sounds better to me.  Congrats on 2 years for you!!!!

• ashla

Lago...have you beenhaving it flushed regularly?

• ashla

Keep forgetting...great poem Moon,

• specialk
    specialk Member Posts: 9,255

ashla - I still have my port too - get it flushed every 6 weeks.

• ashla

Thx Special K...

• lago

Yes I get it flushed every 3 months. Next week I'll get it flushed afer I get that liver scan. I try to work the flushes in when I'm going for an appointment.

• rozem
    rozem Member Posts: 749

congrats lago! wishing you a lifetime of NED

moon there are studies just coming out on the effectiveness of 6 mos of H vs 1 full yr.  If i can find them i will send them to you. Just as effective from what i remember.