Support us when you check out at Walgreens! Learn more about our Walgreens collaboration.

TRIPLE POSITIVE GROUP

Comments

• dancetrancer
    dancetrancer Member Posts: 2,461

LOL Moon!!!  

• moonflwr912
    moonflwr912 Member Posts: 5,938

I have a card for my port and ny pacemaker in my wallet, don't want them trying to access my pacer BY MISTAKE! LOL

AND I have let them access my hand as long as they don't use a tourniquette. They usually have to get someone experienced, but they do it. It's not as easy for them, but they can do it.

• moonflwr912

Oh, I have a run for my money, Specialk has a TE poem on the TE trouble thread! LOL, I think I started something. LOL

• specialk
    specialk Member Posts: 9,255

moon - I've already burned out - used all my poetic skills on that one!  You have the stuff for the long haul!  A BCO Poetry Slam - we might be on to something!

edited for spelling - it is poetry not peotry

• camillegal
    camillegal Member Posts: 15,711

OK Moon now u've started the battle of the poems--here we go

• lago
    lago Member Posts: 11,653

OK well then I'll try for the hand. I have pretty good veins but better on my feet

• moonflwr912

Well, you know, that was fun. I really haven't done that in a long time, since before Dx. I guess I am getting back to normal. New normal! LOL

• Cucho
    Cucho Member Posts: 18

rozem- since u are in canada, u can contact the familial breast and ovarian cancer clinic at princess margaret hospital in toronto for more info on qualifying for free brca screening. but if you are triple positive, it is very unlikely that you carry a brca mutation- less 5% of brca cancers are triple positive.

i qualified for brca screening due to being diagnosed w BC under age 35 which in itself is a criteria for free testing even without any family history. it was a good thing i did tho cuz my brca test came back positive. the quadruple positive deal was a big surprise surprise for everyone.

• moonflwr912

Since people seemed to enjoy the poetry, I started up a haiku thread, blessings had added the first real one. LOL

• bcbarbie10
    bcbarbie10 Member Posts: 148

Happy for you, lago and alaska angel!!!!🍸

• Jennifer404
    Jennifer404 Member Posts: 133

Congrats Lago!  and many, many more to come! 

Moon-I love your poems!  You are so clever! 

• moonflwr912

Thx to all for the lovely comments about my poems. It felt good, I had fun. Check out my thread Haiku for fun.

• jackboo09
    jackboo09 Member Posts: 780

Congratulations on 2 year NED Lago. Fabby dabby doo.......................

Liz  x

• nancedawg
    nancedawg Member Posts: 61

There is new research that Herceptin heart damage isn't reversable as first thought.  I just saw it on yahoo news under Cancer drugs.  

• omaz
    omaz Member Posts: 4,218
    Hi nance!  How are you doin?
  • arlenea
    arlenea Member Posts: 1,150

Nance:  I couldn't find the article.  But, mine is recovering so I'm happy about that!

• ang7894
    ang7894 Member Posts: 427

I found it Nance this really stinks I personally think a year is to long but hey I'M no doctor I think 6 mo every 2 or 3 weeks  should be plenty but who knows.. 

• dancetrancer

I can't find that article - can someone please post a link?

• camillegal

Oh great--I got a yr of herceptin weekly, and now I'm seeing a cardiologist--now it makes sense---

U all know I knw nothing technical and medical about BC but at the beginning I said all of this poison will do a lot to the body--u'll see LOL and after weekly cheo for way over a year and hercepton--even tho I'm done so many SE have happened and they are not the usual as u get older, it goes from not to bad to critical and I'm on this ride. I never believed in taking meds---well I was hardly sick so I didn't need to--I just always thought when u'r putting something foreign in u;r body it has to react. The old for every action there is a reaction. And altho cancer may be put at bay (I never think cured) sorry and maybe forever there are things that will lurk in u'r body--probably depending on how much u had or the different types u had. And mine seemed to change every few months and went on and on and then after the rads in the summer of 2010 and now meds. and loads of them to counteract so many things. From someone who didn't believe in all these meds I', a walking drug machine--I know they are keeping things away, but I don;t have as many good days as bad ones--I'm really not complaining Im just saying I WAS RIGHT--especially since I know nothing medically speaking. LOL

• dancetrancer

Thanks kayb - but I have that one - was looking for the one Nance mentioned that shows more incidence of heart damage not being reversible.

• dancetrancer

kayb - ah, I see your point.  Quite possibly she is referring to the same article.  

• camillegal

OK why did I read this??????????????????????

• ashla
    ashla Member Posts: 1,566

Camille....

It's the same reason we all come these forums. We're trying to comprehend the incomprehensible. To take some control over the uncontrollable. My doctors all try to tell me to ease up on the readings. For our own skes t hey are probably correct. These are the most complex matters that the human mind can tackle and we are laymen...laymen whose lives depend on this stuff. Not a good combination.

• omaz
    omaz Member Posts: 4,218

And also no where else but cancer treatment are so many decisions up to the patient.  This chemo or that, this surgery or that.  It's hard to make those decisions when you don't know much, especially at the beginning of treatment.

• TonLee
    TonLee Member Posts: 1,589

Great links...well, not great news, but great resources!

Thanks for posting them! 

• lago

My understanding of this article is that there is nothing new other than the numbers may be a bit higher than they thought. The increased risk or heart issues when treated with Herceptin with Adriamycin has always been there. I always thought that the risk was not just while doing the treatment but long after. I believe it's the reason why my onc seems to recommend TCH. The article also said the average age was 60. So until we see the breakdown it might be the older women that are more likely to have issues.

"And, the biggest increase in risk was seen in those on both anthracyclines and Herceptin. Those patients showed a sevenfold increased risk at the five-year mark, the researchers said."

Don't let reporters scare you into thinking you will get this. You may have this issue. So understand the symptoms of CHF and other heart issues. We all know taking any drug isn't risk free.

• rozem
    rozem Member Posts: 749

can someone explain DFS VS OS? disease free survival vs overall survival - when studies report these for the same time period (ie 4yrs) what does this mean?

• ashla
    ashla Member Posts: 1,566

Rozem..

Not sure I understand your question but disease free meaning no rcurrence or mets.....overall survival...all those surviving disease free AND those who've recurred and had mets included.

• lago

Kayb I understand that and I think it stinks if you weren't given a choice.

My onc asked me before she told me her recommendations "What are your biggest concerns?" I told her my heart and my bones. I did not want to take the Anthracycline with Herceptin.

Keep an watchful eye on your heart but don't assume you will have the issue. 79.9% chance you won't after 5 years.