Support us when you check out at Walgreens! Learn more about our Walgreens collaboration.

TRIPLE POSITIVE GROUP

Comments

• ashla
    ashla Member Posts: 1,566

From Consumers....

"

"Organic was meant as a healthier way of farming that is good for the environment—and that has been proven true," Rangan says. "Fewer pesticides and antibiotics, 100% organic animal feed (which cannot have poultry litter and other animal byproducts), hygiene management on the farm: These are all healthier practices for the environment and in some cases, humans too. In fact, we are learning more and more about the benefits that organic farming and sustainable agricultural practices can have on the health of people."

Bottom line: We stand by our long-held advice. It's worth it to buy organic versions of the foods that are likely to have the highest levels of pesticides when grown conventionally, as well as organic poultry and milk, to reduce exposure to antibiotics. Those choices are especially important for pregnant women and children."

• arlenea
    arlenea Member Posts: 1,150

Control V is what you use to paste. 

• ashla

Question....if the symmetry of my breasts is not good after lumpectomy and rads, does insurance usually pay for reconstruction? Since rads bum boob seems to have shrunk. Actually looks fine but what appeared as only a slight difference before seems worse now.

Don't really know if I want to go there anyway but I think I'll regret it oneday if I don't address the issue now. probably would need a breast lift at least on one..probably both. That's a pretty big deal surgery, isn't it?

• lago
    lago Member Posts: 11,653

Here some info the Federal law regarding breast reconstruction: linky 
    Not sure how that applies if you haven't had an MX.

MX is a big surgery. Some reconstruction surgery is a bigger deal than others. If you use tissue from a different part of your body then it becomes a bigger deal. 

• jackboo09
    jackboo09 Member Posts: 780

Hi Ashla

I am having reduction/uplift surgery to my other breast in Nov. For a while I didnt notice much difference betweem the 2 following a lump and rads but now there is a visible difference.

I remain very torn about whether to go ahead. Have had a few issues recently so am feeling a bit like "What next?"

Issue 1: oil cyst in treated breast which I need draining as its painful. Can't wait!

Issue 2: after 18 months I have signs of lymphedema in my upper arm. Was referred on to the lymphedema clinic today. The breast surgeon I saw said I might have to wear a sleeve. Great. 

Sorry just fed up tonight.

Liz

• specialk
    specialk Member Posts: 9,255

ashla - can you maybe have some fat-grafting to even them?

• lago
    jackboo I've been wearing a sleeve since post TX4… so coming up on 2  years this winter. It's not so bad. It takes getting used to but it doesn't bother me too much. Just hate the hand washing every night. You might be able to get it under control and not have to wear it all the time. I know my arm feels better with it on so I do wear it except on job interview and special occasions. I've been taking it off early but still prefer to wear it till 8pm
  • dancetrancer
    dancetrancer Member Posts: 2,461

ashla - I know someone who had fat grafting to the rads lumpectomy side and a lift on the other side.  Thus I do believe it is covered by insurance, but of course, you'd want to check your policy. 

• Kitchenella
    Kitchenella Member Posts: 88

To paste you hit the little icon that had the square with the T in it.  That opens a text box.  You can then paste into that box and then insert.  I find it annoying but it does work.

Peggy 

• moonflwr912
    moonflwr912 Member Posts: 5,938

I use my phone for almost all postings, no little box with a "t" anywhere I can see. Thanks anyway.

• specialk

moon - do you see icons at the top of the box you are typing in on your phone?

• lago

moon I have read people have issues posting from their phone.

• camillegal
    camillegal Member Posts: 15,711

Oh please--I'm just figuring out how not to disconnect people immediately--I've had the phone for over 1 yr. There's no way I could learn how to do anything else with it. LOL

• ashla

Thanks fo all your input on the reconstruction options and insurance coverage of my  newly lopsided boobs...

Every state is different in certain  regards but this is the Florida Statutethat governs my policy. And Florida is not at the forefront of consumer protections.

See section 2.....

"

2012 Florida Statutes

Title XXXVII
    INSURANCE
    Chapter 627
    INSURANCE RATES AND CONTRACTS
    View Entire Chapter

627.6417 Coverage for surgical procedures and devices incident to mastectomy.(1) Any health insurance policy that provides coverage for mastectomies must also provide coverage for prosthetic devices and breast reconstructive surgery incident to the mastectomy. The insurer may charge an appropriate additional premium for the coverage required by this subsection. The coverage for prosthetic devices and breast reconstructive surgery shall be subject to any deductible and coinsurance conditions and all other terms and conditions applicable to other benefits. Breast reconstructive surgery must be in a manner chosen by the treating physician, consistent with prevailing medical standards, and in consultation with the patient.(2) As used in this section, the term “mastectomy” means the removal of all or part of the breast for medically necessary reasons as determined by a licensed physician, and the term “breast reconstructive surgery” means surgery to reestablish symmetry between the two breasts
  • moonflwr912

Yeah, nothing at the top of the box , guess if I need to copy.paste got to use my computer. Thx anyway. I posted in Feb 2012 chemo about a nail issue. They keep cracking at the Beaus lines from tx. Of course below the quick. I use nail polish hardener to help them grow past the quick, but then there are five more, .one for each tx. annoying and I don't like bloody nail tips.

• TonLee
    TonLee Member Posts: 1,589

SpecialK,

I just experimented and stumbled across it.  I try FAGE in everything....and Fage with PB2 and OATMEAL with PB2....are my two favorite snacks :)

Tell hubby if he freezes the PB2/SPlenda/Fage and then dumps sugar free hot fudge on top...it is a decadent AWESOME treat!

• dancetrancer
    dancetrancer Member Posts: 2,461

TonLee, that sounds amazing!  I am going to have to get some of this PB2! 

• Lauren423
    Lauren423 Member Posts: 19

Where can you buy PB2??  I'm gonna have to try it, too!

• specialk

lauren - tonlee and I have access to it on military bases but you can get it from Amazon.  It weighs nothing so I think the shipping would be cheap.

tonlee - I just put a blob of the hot fudge on the unfrozen mixture and he lost his mind!  I will definitely freeze it - he loves ice cream and has had to do without because we have been so careful with what we are eating - he will be so happy!!!

• lago

I know I've seen PB2 somewhere.

I'm all confused about the "lauren" reference

• fluffqueen01
    fluffqueen01 Member Posts: 1,797

I think it referenced Lauren 423 who asked where to buy it.

• omaz
    omaz Member Posts: 4,218
    SpecialK - the way you describe your husband sometimes cracks me up - 'lost his mind'  I can just see it!
  • lago

Just kidding fluff. I know who you mean

• specialk

omaz - he is really like that - I have never heard someone get so excited about peanut butter flavored yogurt!!!  He was paying very close attention to how to make it because I am leaving this weekend for the vaccine trial - He will probably have it for beakfast, lunch and dinner while I am gone, lol!

• shore1
    shore1 Member Posts: 591

I got PB2 in health food store. Its good & I've been mixing it with the Fage0% like TonLee suggested. Thanks TonLee!

• moonflwr912

Yeah, but the real question is can you make cookies out of it? LOL. Yes, I am bad.... LOL

• camillegal

Oh this is rediculous I have to find this stuff--The only thing (well one) I won't do is order FOOD of anykind when it is mailed--I mean I'll put all kinds of poison in my body (chemo) burn my skin and thru to my bones (rads) and take somethings every day that has a trillion side effects (meds) but I won't eat food that's delivered. Now am I crazy? Well of course.

And moon my nails are hysterical I've always had split nail and very weak--Now they are so long and hard to cut it's silly exceot for 2--they are falling off and dead colored. And I've tried over the counter stuff but it doesn't work --so I see a couple of Drs. next week one of them could possibly tell me or ive me something to use--and I hope it's topical.or tropical

• moonflwr912

I just got the best bday present! My daughter, whom I haven't seen for over a year is coming next week! I get to spend two days with her. Last year I saw her for just two hours. So this is great. She will actually the day before my bday, but I am so happy. Now if all four kids can get together for a picture, I will be in heaven. It's three years since the last time for that. I need this. I was so down with the herceptin break!

• camillegal

Moon that is great news u can really look forward to this day. YYYYAAAAYYY

• ashla

Aw Moon...that's so wonderful. So happy for you....