Fill Out Your Profile to share more about you. Learn more...

TRIPLE POSITIVE GROUP

Comments

• slousha
    slousha Member Posts: 181

Hi, Nora

Your DX is quite my - except more nodes - but a year before yours! All therapies I was doing fine, the third week after chemo was very well, rads didn't badger me, neither Herceptin, all were saying I'm looking better as before illness. I hope the same for you!! But Femara brings me to ruin! How are you doing with Anastrozole?

Greetings

Usha

• TonLee
    TonLee Member Posts: 1,589

Nora,

I was off sugar for awhile, but I am such a fan :)

I usually keep it out of the house, but Easter killed us.

• lago
    lago Member Posts: 11,653
    TonLee you are such a fan of sugar! That totally goes against my image of you Wink My perception is you are obsessively good about your health, diet and exercise. Glad to hear you are human like the rest of us. Should I send you my oatmeal, chocolate chip, peanut butter, banana cookie recipe. Tongue out
  • TonLee

Lago,

Yes, my secret is out.  Sugar is my downfall.  I am somewhat strong willed, so I can say no most of the time.  But occasionally, like over Easter, I indulge and then some!  (I gained a pound..that means despite my 90 minute workouts ever single day, I consumed well over 3500 calories in sugar!!  Probably closer to 7000.  That's A LOT OF SUGAR!)

I already have your recipe!!  lol  I'm waiting to make it though, for a special occasion.  Would have made it for Easter but was given very specific dishes for the family gathering....

Let's just say, in my extended family...when there is a get together...they ALWAYS ask me to bring desserts...I am a bit of a baker....shhhhhhhhhhh.

Now I'm off for Sushi and meeting the PS!

• TonLee

Omaz,

I started Tamox yesterday.  Last night I was really tired.  Went to bed early. (Though it could have been sugar withdrawal).

Today I have a headache.  My first in...???

Also, WHOA, serious swelling in my ankles...

Do you have any of these SE, or might it be something else?

• omaz
    omaz Member Posts: 4,218
    TonLee - I don't know.  I guess to be safe you could call the onc's office.  It seems a little early for tam SE's but who knows, some women are very sensitive to tam.
  • nora_az
    nora_az Member Posts: 391

Usha....

I am doing great with the Anastrozole. I dont notice a difference yet and it's been over 2 weeks I've been on it now so I am keeping my finger's crossed.

I am soooooo proud of myself today. I am now a little over 6 weeks done with the chemo. I woke up today. The little stuff that's been bugging me around the house finally triggered me to CLEAN. not just surfase clean but really clean.  Wow, it's been ages since I had the motivation to do anything about it. I was vacuuming behind my washer and dryer, Cleaning out the inside of my fridge, dusting, vacuuming, mopping. It's like a bolt of lightning hit me. I think I am finally getting back to my old self again!  Yeahhh!!

• lago

Nora you're right on schedule. I think things started to feel better (stiffness) for me after the 5th week. Wait till next week you'll feel even better! Yes it keeps getting better and better.

• carberry
    carberry Member Posts: 997

Nora congrats on feeling so good.  You are over the hump now. Do you have to have rads?  If not except for the Herceptin, you are done with treatment?  You should be doing the Happy Dance.

Lago, You all done also? except for Herceptin?  I see RO tomorrow to discuss radiation, but done with other surgeons until ready to have nipple added which will be in a few months depending on rad schedule.

• TonLee

Carberry,

I will prob be starting Rads in a week or so...when do you think you'll start?

• lago

Carberry check out my signature. I've been done with chemo for 14 weeks. No rads for me. I was in a gray area and got a pass. Yes still doing herceptin. Next one is a week from today. I hope my shingles doesn't stop me from getting it. Anyone else get shingles? I'm doing exchange surgery on May 27th.

• carberry

Tonlee not sure.  will know after consult tomorrow, they took 25 nodes and they were all clear, so some docs say maybe no rads...but my surgeon says I should do them.  Will have to see what  the rad doc says and weigh my options.

• nora_az

hi Carberry

No, rads is not on my "to do" list. I still dont understand why some do and some don't. I had a mastectomy so maybe that is why? 

• lago

Carberry how large was your tumor? Typically (but not always) tumors over 5cm get rads (even though I didn't) even if you have an MX. It also depends on the location and margin size.

My rad onc gave me a pass because she felt my treatment was so aggressive that there wasn't a need to put my body through additional stress. That treatment also included 5 years of Anastrozole (generic arimidex). I have a feeling if I wasn't hormone positive I would be getting rads. Just guessing though. There are many things the rad onc needs to consider. My surgeon thought I would most likely get rads too based on the size. Of course at that time he also thought I would have micromets in my nodes. 

• carberry

I hope the doc makes the decision for me and not leave it to be my decision, cause I will kick myself if I make the wrong choice and damn stuff comes back.

• lago
    Carberry You can always ask what they recommend/what they would do if it were their mom, sister etc. If they don't recommend then I would call them on it. I mean they are the ones that went to med school and have all this experience. I can't understand why they would think you could make a better guess!
  • TonLee

Carberry,

I have the opposite problem...too many people trying to tell me what to do, and when...very annoying.

Lago,

If you were being treated at my cancer center, you'd be getting Rads (unless you chose to skip it).  They radiate all HER2+ over 2 cm at my center. 

• lago
    Wow TonLee did they tell you that? What's their rational? I don't believe that's even standard care.
  • arlenea
    arlenea Member Posts: 1,150

Hmmm. I see there is room for discussion and possibly a second opinion for me.  I'm HER+ but only 1.6 cm but was told Rads were required.  Maybe a second opinion is  in order here from what I'm reading.

• lago
    Arlene it can also be based on location. Remember too that I had 6 rounds of TCH followed by full year of herceptin also Als. My tumor was in the 11:00-3:00 area on the left side so I'm sure the onc also considered the heart risk too. If your tumor was really close to teh chest wall then they might also recommend rads. If you did a lumpectomy then they would always recommend rads… but nothing wrong with getting a 2nd opinion.
  • arlenea
    arlenea Member Posts: 1,150

Yes, now that I remember, the lumpectomy is the reason for the rads.  It wasn't close to the chest wall though.  I too am doing TCHx6 (providing I can continue with the Herceptin).  What is ALS?  I'm still trying to understand all the acronyms.

• lago

AI stands for "Aromatase Inhibitor" like Arimidex, Anastrozole and a bunch more. If you are not post menopause (or they don't surpress the ovaries) you will get tamoxifen instead of an AIs. Granted post menopausal women can do Tamox too.

• nora_az

As I said, I am still a bit skeptical about the anastrozole and whether or not I am indeed in permanent menopause even though the blood work said I was the last time I had it done (shortly after completing chemo) Trying to keep an open mind, I just feel I know my body better than the test does.

• carberry

tomorrow evening I am attending a dine and discuss about new radiology updates for breast cancer detection.  A friend of mine  is a radiology dr. and me and his wife are attending to see whats new. Will let you all know if there is anything that we dont already know, but I dont know if thats possible since we are all sooooo smart! he he

• nora_az

You you lucky dog, Carberry!  I would love to go to that...keep us updated!

• TonLee

Lago,

Yes they told me that.  It is one of those "other" than standard of care decisions...made (I assume) by the tumor board. 

(Though my BS didn't know about it.  I only found out while talking with the RO.)

• slousha

Sorry, could anybody inform me how to past my recent posts to my profile?

Thanks, Usha

• suzieq60
    suzieq60 Member Posts: 1,422

Usha,

When you click on your user name, scroll down and you can see recent posts already there.

Sue

• slousha

Suepen, but thay are not reported

• suzieq60
    suzieq60 Member Posts: 1,422

That's weird, when I click on your username I can see your recent posts down the bottom of the page. Maybe someone else can help.

Sue