Donate to Breastcancer.org when you checkout at Walgreens in October. Learn more about our Walgreens collaboration.
Join us for a Special Meetup: The Benefits of Exercise for Anyone With Breast Cancer, Oct. 16, 2024 at 2pm ET. Learn more and register here.

TRIPLE POSITIVE GROUP

Comments

• Pbrain
    Pbrain Member Posts: 773

Keep in mind losing weight rapidly (like I've been doing on chemo) can definitely make a gall bladder upset.  It is one of the cardinal signs physicians look for in the signs and symptoms when they are diagnosing gall stones.  My poor Ma went back to college at 37 years old, and she wanted to look good so she lost 20 lbs (when she was a total of 118 lbs).  A year later, out went the gall bladder ;-) 

• Pbrain
    Pbrain Member Posts: 773

Thanks Ckolender, your thoughts help.  And so do everyone else's.  I seriously can't understand the insensitivity.  I'd be super superstitious if I was so nasty to someone with cancer.  What if they died while I was sitting there ignoring them because I was in the right (not!)  Mean girls to the max.  And they are out there. 

So I'm headed to the store at lunch today to buy tons of things to survive chemo 2.  I hear I'm either getting taxol with herceptin (think that is enough?), or a smaller dose of TCH.  I have no idea what they have in mind and I'm feeling freaked out.  I'm going to buy a boat load of benadryl, claritin, water, vitamin water, boost, pedialyte, saltines...arghhh!  And some cream for my nice bald head and sore, sore nose.

Fluff, your cockroach story is priceless!!!!

• TonLee
    TonLee Member Posts: 1,589

Here's the link to the woman talking about chemo brain on NBC.

http://video.msnbc.msn.com/nightly-news/49985599#49985599

And an article discussing it.

http://www.dotmed.com/news/story/19987/

• Soccermom4force
    Soccermom4force Member Posts: 311

For those new to this journey I want to give you HOPE and strength by sharing ..

On Dec. 2 2012 I will acknowledge (dont like to use the word celebrate) my 8th year since diagnosis...

You can ALL do this!!

Gentle hugs,

Marcia Cool

• Kelloggs
    Kelloggs Member Posts: 303

Thank you Soccermom and congratulations!

• LeeA
    LeeA Member Posts: 1,092

Soccermom, that's exactly what I needed to hear/read this morning!  

Congratulations!  

THANK YOU FOR TAKING THE TIME TO POST IT!  

• dancetrancer
    dancetrancer Member Posts: 2,461

Thank you soccermom for sharing!!! 

• moonflwr912
    moonflwr912 Member Posts: 5,938

Oh, I so needed to hear that now. Thanks, Marcia!

• ang7894
    ang7894 Member Posts: 427

A big thank you to soccermom and congratulations that is what we all like to here.

• MsTori
    MsTori Member Posts: 298

Thanks Marcia .......I really needed to hear that right now. Congratuations.

• camillegal
    camillegal Member Posts: 15,711

Soccermom congratulations it's always great to hear good news.

Pbrain maybe it won't be so bad, but just think u'r ahead of the game, so u'r ready. I'm sure (?) it won't be so bad.

Lee, no my DD ha no cancer--she's bi-polar, that also caused oysical problems and on a lot of meds. my other DD has Diabetis 1--my sister, her DD, and my cousin are the cancer people.

OK about chemo-brain---I don't have to work or think really except on a 3rd grade level and we have already established that I can't since I helped my GS with his homework last week and he got them all wrong cuz I was correcting them. OK anyway here is a positive part of chemo-brain I can watch the same movie at least 2x in one month and not remember a thing--by the 3rd time it looks familiar and then I'm done with it for a while.

• TonLee

Wow.  Ever had days where it feels like bad luck has planted its butt on your shoulder and fist in your hair?

Today, I had to go all the way back to the shopping center because I left my coupon keeper on the counter at Vitamin World.  On the way back, a rock flew into the windshield of my new Kia Sorento and caused a nick that grew into a crack as I drove...which grew into a larger crack all the way across the windshield.

Picked up my coupon and figured I'd get a coffee at Starbucks.  Lady prepared it, brought it over to the register where I was standing waiting to pay, hit the bottom of the cup on the receipt box as she started to hand it to me.  Coffee flew all over my new coat and scarf, onto my jeans, and INTO MY PURSE.

I finally left Starbucks and went to pick up my son's popcorn for Boy Scouts.  Somewhere between there and home my wallet disappeared.  I searched the entire vehicle twice and finally found it wedged between the seat and the door on the passenger's side.

I'm almost afraid to leave the house!

But with this kinda luck, I'm going to buy a lotto ticket!

• ang7894
    ang7894 Member Posts: 427

Tonlee-- Wow what a day for you. I think you need to stay home watch a movie.

tomorrow will be a better day and maybe you will win that lotto :)

• geewhiz
    geewhiz Member Posts: 671

Fluff...Me too with the Cleaning for a Reason....was told for 6 months of chemo they were fully booked. With 3 kids, one dog and a hubby....I sure could have used the help. They sure talk a big game, but dont seem to deliver. At least in my area. Noone around here I have spoken with seems to have gotten any help.

• camillegal

Gee whiz  I bet they just have 1 or2 people doing it so they can advertize it. sounds good when u see it written down.

And tonLee I'm so glad u got u'r coupons back that will eventually save u maybe 10.00---move away from other people today

• specialk
    specialk Member Posts: 9,257

tonlee - yikes!  You seem to be surounded by some bad juju today!

soccermom - yay for you!  Always love to hear from someone that far out and doing well!

ckolendar - the Herceptin is the game changer, so use that as your security blanket going forward!

pbrain - sounds like you are ready - hope this tx is a little more gentle for you.

mstori - how are you doing?

• bren58
    bren58 Member Posts: 688

soccermom - congrats on 8 years! And thanks for the encouragement!

Pbrain - do hope chemo #2 is kinder to you than #1 was

TonLee - I hate days like that! Hope tomorrow is better and you do win the lotto!!!

MsTori - Hope you are feeling better

• dancetrancer

I bought groupon for a discounted cleaning service; used it during chemo.  Just an option to consider if it is availabe.  It was great to have my house cleaned by a crew, even if only one time! 

• ashla
    ashla Member Posts: 1,566

Eeks Ton Lee,

I think we've all had some of those days. Years ago a very wise elderly Italian customer of mine told me that if he woke up in the morning and stubbed his toe......he'd get back into bed and stay home because the rest of the day was likely to be just as bad or worse. Unfortunately most of us don't have that luxury.

• TonLee

Bad juju is right! 

However, there is a beautiful full moon tonight.

I don't ever play the lotto.  (I did scratch offs during rads tho, one for every day of rads...I broke even I think.)

But I jumped off the lotto cliff today.  Of course if this bad luck streak continues I'll win, and die in my sleep tonight.

Someone in my family used to say, "You know what God thinks about money by the kind of people He gives it to."

buwhahahahahaha

Cami,

I'll have you know I save at least $20 every time I go grocery shopping with coupons!  lol  And I also stuffed several prescriptions in the file folder too.  Didn't want to lose those!!  (I've already been asked to sell my Tamoxifen by some competitve weight lifters!)

• powermom
    powermom Member Posts: 66

Ms. Tori - How do you like your buffs?  I keep looking at the website and am tempted to order some.

Anyone else have comments about favorite headcoverings?

• lago
    lago Member Posts: 11,653

Well this thread was booted off my favorites again. Not sure why it doesn't like me. I was out most of the day. Met with Jonny Imerman of Imerman's Angels. What a really sweet man.

Glad I got to stop in to read the cockroach story. Later I'll tell you about my former boss who got even for one of my practical jokes.

• dancetrancer

Lago, you aren't by chance clicking by accident on the 2nd link in your email notification are you?

Turn off email notifications for this favorite Topics:
    http://community.breastcancer.org/monitorships/toggle_notification?topic_id=764183

• camillegal

hahahahahahahs--TonLee u are passionate about those coupons, oops I didn't mean to make u dromp them--OMG the wind--Another catasrophy, Sorry I was LOLing so hard. The way u kept me down los.

• LeeA

My news for the day: 

The latest pathology report shows my micromet to be .5 mm.  

At first the 2nd opinion breast surgeon said 5mm and we almost had a collective heart attack but it was .5 mm.  The previous path report showed it at 1 mm.

Also, looks like even if I start on Herceptin only next week - next week might the kickoff week.

-----

TonLee, I'm trying to decide what part of your day would have done me in the most.  I think it's the coffee in the purse, on the coat and on the scarf but the lost wallet would have been a close second. 

• cypher
    cypher Member Posts: 447

Ck, egad.  Ok she is probably really influenced by her experience with someone who was dying and trying to be nice – i.e., telling you to put yourself first.  However, obviously the last thing you want to hear or think about is … that.

Pbrain, personally I gained weight on chemo…

Soccermom, thanks!  That is great and encouraging!

TonLee, eesh!  I have definitely had days like that, too many I’m afraid…  And very funny – people with money comment.  Still I wouldn’t mind ….

LeeA, good news about the .5 mm, but … I don’t understand the herceptin only part.  Aren’t you still doing TCH like most of the rest of us?

• LeeA

cypher, yes - i'll be doing tch then h alone but he wants me to get the okay from either the bs or the ps (seeing the ps on friday).  i still have 2 drains in.

he said taxotere and carboplatin.  

is that the same "t" most others get? 

anyway, if for some reason i don't get the okay he still wants to start me on the "h" next week.  i haven't been to chemo class - not sure if they have that there.  

also, dr. a (2nd opinion bs affiliated with dr. m, the mo) says the thing on my arm is not a lymph node.

• camillegal

Lee. what is chemo clas?

• LeeA

hey camillegal,

i've seen it mentioned here at bco.org and iirc, even on this thread.

i assume it's orientation for new chemo patients?

• lago
    lago Member Posts: 11,653

Chemo class is just an orientation. Many places don't do it.

Lee I had the same cocktail.

I don't get email notifications for topics. I have them all turned off. I just have favorite threads.