OMG They Found the Cure for Stupid

Comments

• dutchiris
    dutchiris Member Posts: 783

Mary, I hope you feel better too. In reading the posts I've come to know that whining and venting are very much ok on BCO. Sometimes we just need to let it out.

• MaryLW
    MaryLW Member Posts: 1,585

Ndgrrl, don't feel guilty about not being at work just because you don't feel horrible. I, too, suffer from a "middle class work ethic." When I was diagnosed 5 years ago with a regional recurrence, I retired, and then felt guilty for not working! Now that I'm stage 4, I'm just really glad I retired when I did and got to spend more time with the family and traveling. Your bullying boss needs to be hit with the polka dot elephant!

• spookiesmom
    spookiesmom Member Posts: 8,178

ha! I so agree with you Mary! It's a good thing I got out when I did. At first DH was nagging me to get another job. But about 4 months into retirement my health went down the toilet, haven't been 100% since. I don't regret leaving, and DONT miss it.

It's easy for me to see former co workers, all I can think of now is suckers!

• ndgrrl
    ndgrrl Member Posts: 645

HI ,

Thank you all for the great words and the support. I always feel better when I have came on here.

I am trying really hard to lift up that polk a dot elephant so I can throw it :) That made me laugh:)

Hope everyone has a good rest of their weekend!!

• camillegal
    camillegal Member Posts: 15,711
    Oh gals, I feel so sad for all of u with u'r sadness and sometimes u do need a break altho not to long, cuz then u'r missed to much/Bit ladies don't forget change of seasons does different things to different people and altho it doesn't seem that way sometimes sadness is coming into winter cuz of darker days and Holidays too cuz not everyone we have loved will be with us and it's just more of a reminder. And not feeling well when I think by now it should be over is another sadness, or u feel down cuz u just don't feel right and there are no real answers. It's so normal u don't realize it. Nobody gave us a calendar and said this day u will be fine, cuz it just doesn't work like that. And I think people who have never experienced this for the most part think u should feel good too. And it's hard to talk to other people about it--but we're here if u need to vent--we're not judges wehave bonded thru this horrific disease and some are still fighting for the best results possible. We all want that. I know this is the stupidest thing (well one) I've said but when u watch TV watch comedies a lot--and for a little while u hear u'rself smiling. yes u hear it--the muscles make noise. Trust me. and Treat u'rself to one thing a day that u wouldn't normally do no matter how simple it is just do it for u. And of course enjoy u'r family.
  • sas-schatzi
    sas-schatzi Member Posts: 15,893
    Cami you are a master with words :)
  • camillegal
    Oh yes Sas--I've been known for being a wordsmith.
  • gardengumby
    gardengumby Member Posts: 4,860

Yesterday we went to the RV show, shopped for appliances and then went to the house and prepped the bathroom and part of the kitchen for painting. This morning hubby got up before the birds to go fishing and my back is aching so much I can barely move. I've been up almost 2 hours and so far all I've managed to accomplish is wash a load of clothes. The kitchen is a mess and I've got to manage to stand up long enough to get it at least cleanER - so guess it's time to attempt to stand again.

• sas-schatzi
    sas-schatzi Member Posts: 15,893
    OH Gumby. moving is a PAIN. Hope all your body parts feel better soon. You know when nurses and such ask about pain scale. I think to myself "which body part" LOL. Have fun with the new house
  • camillegal
    Oh GG I'm sorry the pain is so bad, it's worse when u have things to do too. (I think) Please try to take care and be gentle.
  • marywh
    marywh Member Posts: 1,433

Had a very busy week-end for me, went to dinner Friday night for oldest sisters birthday. Talk about $$$$, I almost puked when I saw our bill, 90$ for me and dh. Then sat. sister from Fla. and her dh came and stayed with us, Sat night, other 2 sisters came out and stayed till about 12. Then had sweetie gs for the afternoon today, he is really getting to be a handful....Went to k-mart and got his Halloween costume-spiderman of course, now Im off to bed. Im whipped. Chemo tomorrow yet again: (. I miss my smiley face guy!!!

• FireKracker
    FireKracker Member Posts: 5,858

Good luck tomorrow Mary,Mary.

Ill be prayin for you.

• Scottiee1
    Scottiee1 Member Posts: 1,790

Mary, good luck tomorrow.....

• duckyb1
    duckyb1 Member Posts: 9,646

well said Cami.......

• camillegal
    Mary u sound like u had a fun and great weekend plus u;r GS--so it's been special, good Luck tomorrow.
  • duckyb1

nice weekend...went to Cracker Barrel with my. Daughter and 2 Grands...and today went to her house and made homemade cheese steaks for them.....as only a Philly girl can do.....lol.....SIL was in Vagas with the union.......quality time with the people you love......

• camillegal
    Ducky good for u and u'r right only a Philly girl can make cheese steaks. Yum
  • Alyson
    Alyson Member Posts: 3,737

Hi all. Had an exhausting weekend -it was MiL's 90th here and I am so tired today. Then I lost all the photos I took yesterday ggrrrr. I am not happy.

Big hugs

• camillegal
    Hi Ayson, I hope u figure a way to retrieve u'r MIL's pictures, sometimes u can. (I;ve heard)
  • sandcastle
    sandcastle Member Posts: 289

I...Was looking for this Thread....thank god I found it for my SANITY!! I belong to a knitting group...or Crochet...really it is like a coffee klatch........LOVED it over the years....but BC can change it all..........we had a girl come in with a pattern for knitted Knockers!! right off the bat I hated the name....it also made them Laugh....I heard remarks like "they use this to stuff their bras" and "they should be made in Pink" then they got sensitive and talked away from me.....have been thinking on how to handle this.....of course I want to use four letter words....Liz

• duckyb1

you answered your own question....4 letter words..........

• camillegal
    Ducky I was thinking along those lines to except was going to say I don't know if sanity is here or not, but I would just say whatever I wanted--u should know the women by now and they might not even know this might be upsetting u.
  • sandcastle
    sandcastle Member Posts: 289

THANK YOU GIRLS!!! So very much......you gave me a boost....I am going to tend to the matter this week......Liz

• camillegal
    Liz really speak up--and it might all be a misunderstanding and u'll feel better.
  • spookiesmom
    spookiesmom Member Posts: 8,178

there is another thread, STFU. Works wonders!!!

• Alyson

Convinced there is no cure for stupid - people just have no idea. And Sandcastle you might not like to say it but certainly you think STFU when people are so stupid.

Morning all from a wet windy day here, we are getting the tail end of a big storm that has it the south of the country over the last days.

hugs to all

• FireKracker

Alyson..u r so right...there is no cure for stupid and there never will be one.

did you wear the shirt yet?

I wore mine today...lots of laughs..no comments like i got last year.

• Alyson

Have worn shirt, really no comment but have to do it again as I did something and lost the pictures on my camera. Will take one tomorrow.

• veggy
    veggy Member Posts: 4,150

Found a great sale on asparagus yesterday... 79 cents a pound. I grabbed the last three bunches. Broiled half of it for dinner. So yummy! Thought of this thread when I got it. Then my friend took me to her house and gave me some of her garden fresh tomatoes. I'm having a tomato salad with leftovers for lunch.

• FireKracker

veggy???sounds like you r livin again

I'm so happy for u.

Keep up the good work.

Keep eating!!!!!

Xo firekracker