OMG They Found the Cure for Stupid

Comments

• marywh
    marywh Member Posts: 1,433

Those hens are FC and Veggy in disguise. Ha-ha. Scottiee said they were spending the day together. Luv, no shoes yet, but Im looking. I want a pair of grey boots. (not cowboy) but Ive decided enough bitching about the western theme and just go and have fun...Its her wedding, right? Right.

• luvmygoats
    luvmygoats Member Posts: 2,484

Yes, Mary. Could be lots of fun. I think I mentioned they did several "barn" weddings on As The World Turns many years ago. It's an "in" thing. Good luck on finding those grey boots.

• FireKracker
    FireKracker Member Posts: 5,858

Just for the record...Veggy is really very quiet...I did most of the talkin and she is a great listener.

She looks wonderful.

And beautiful.

And yes she will beat this damn thing...

It was a wonderful day...sooo glad she is almost my neighbor...

• valjean
    valjean Member Posts: 1,110
    K ~ I love that you had a wonderful day with V. ♥
  • marywh

So glad you two got to spend the day together. Back to chemo today..yuck!

• veggy
    veggy Member Posts: 4,150

Mary - today is my chemo day too. I'll be leaving shortly. Have I mentioned lately that cancer sucks?

FC and I had a great time yesterday. She barely gave me a chance to talk. She didn't want me to go home either.

Hugs

• duckyb1
    duckyb1 Member Posts: 9,646

WTF...just got an email from my daughter about what asparagus can do for cancer.........1st time I ever got this from anyone, and it came from my daughter.........here I have been suffering with SE's from Letrozole, and all I had to do was eat asparagus.............WTF.............OMG.......spare me.........LOL.....LOL........should I tell her I knew that cure months ago..............PHEW........but would rather take Letrozole.........after all what would I have to BITCH about if my SE'S went away............LOL, LOL........wonder how many more of these I will get.........LORD I HOPE SHE DID NOT FORWARD IT TO THE ENTIRE FAMILY............

• spookiesmom
    spookiesmom Member Posts: 8,178

Ducky!

ROFLMAO

• bgirl
    bgirl Member Posts: 435

Ducky, while since I posted on here. Couldn't resist .... got those emails too ... also had a friend of my husband give me actual seeds so I can grow my own and cure my cancer next spring!! WTF, why did I do other treatments?

• duckyb1

F/N......LOL........I'm going broke buying Letrozole, and could gave gotten all the free asparagus I wanted from my SIL, who owns several produce stores in Pa........and I love asparagus.........WTH was I thinking...........

• 4sewwhat
    4sewwhat Member Posts: 1,895

• gmafoley
    gmafoley Member Posts: 5,978

Ladies, My niece needs our prayers, she is mentally handicapped.. I asked for prayers for my sister that was in chemo just recently and is doing ok in radiation now, but I just got this email from her about her daughter "M" My sister's DH will be known as "R"

"I don't know if I told you that M is back in the hospital. My doctor said I could go see her at the nursing home, but to distance myself from the sick people. As soon as I saw her, I knew something was not right. She was unable to control her hands and her eyes were distant and breathing labored. R and I talked with the doctor who was there. M oxygen was really low and her heart rate 144. M was admitted to the hospital and treated for pneumonia. The oxygen went up, but she was not expelling the carbon dioxide. They put a ventilator to help her breath (I am not really set on this idea, but since R was going to see her and he wanted it, I said okay for a short period). The next day, the doctor called me to discus M's periods, which her periods are heavy because her blood count was very low. They did a cat scan to make sure she was not bleeding internal, and in the meantime, they did a transfusion. The cat scan showed a large mass in her abdomen at least a foot in diameter. Later did a ultrasound and believe it is a cyst on the ovary and there are quite a few smaller ones. The OB/GYN team do not want to do anything until M's fever is down. A couple of days ago, the doctor told R that he noticed that her Thyroid is enlarged and that is what is blocking off her airway. They will be doing a biopsy the beginning of this week.

• ndgrrl
    ndgrrl Member Posts: 645

Awee-GmaFoley

Big hugs to you and prayers for your niece. Sometimes I swear when it rains it pours.

• chabba
    chabba Member Posts: 3,600
    Gma - either I said this on another thread or I lost my post -

My heart and my prayers are with you and yours.
  • kathindc
    kathindc Member Posts: 1,667

GMA, prayers for your niece and you and your family. ((((HUGS))))

• marywh

Going to bed early..bad case of roid rage. Im arguing with myself since nobody else will talk to me, lol, lol. See you chicks in the morning. I need a big puff of something. Oh by the way ducky, I have a new cure too. Its called Essiac tea, its supposed to do wonders. Cant wait, all this time...I never knew it was out there.

• 4sewwhat

Essiac has been around a long time. Old Native American medicine man stuff! I have heard wonders about it. You can also get a tonic concentrate at health food stores and just put a few drops in something instead of brewing. Hope that helps. It does not smell or taste very good though, but who cares if it works!

• marywh

Me thinks you girls must be puffing too much! Where is everybody? Roosting, perhaps?

• veggy

I'm getting ready for a ct scan. Ugh!

• gmafoley
    gmafoley Member Posts: 5,978

I'm in your pocket veggy - you know I have not had a ct or mri through this whole process - starting to wonder if they might have missed something with everything that I am going through :-/..

• proudtospin
    proudtospin Member Posts: 4,671

oh dear, me I am trying to stay away from tests as much as I can, it never turns out well and only creates more questions and bills

sorry but I have had some run around with docs who look at me and say...."well with your history..."

if I have brain cancer, I am going to pack my bags and go have a good time and spend every dime in the bank! Last fall docs started brain scans because I had one week of vertigo. Now months later after all is settled, my ENT for my current sinus issues says it was likely an infection (same thing the 2nd opinion neurosurgeon said last fall)

enjoy yourself as much and as long

• duckyb1

been up since 4:45 am.......so where were you Mary W.............lol.....drinking Essiac tea.......

• veggy

Back from ct scan.. I had to get an IV . That makes 4 Needle pokes in 2 days. I feel like a pin cushion. now I'm waiting for 2 test results... a urine test and the ct scan.

• Alyson
    Alyson Member Posts: 3,737

Morning all. Having a problem with disappearing pictures. What is going on.

Had check up yesterday. Onc - different one cause mine is away - wants me to have ct scan because of large swelling above scar, yes I know it is getting bigger but sure its just LE. More bloods etc.

• marywh

Oh Veggy in your pocket.Yours too Alyson. Ducky, my sisters have been after me to try The Essiac tea. Have ordered it but havnt gotten it yet. At this point, I would be willing to try just about anything, along with my chemo.

• 4sewwhat

Mary,

This is info from Sloan Ketterings Integrative Medicine website about Essiac. I was using the tonic, but after reading this I stopped to error on the side of caution. It might be better for you since you are triple neg, but better safe than sorry checking this stuff out. Sorry if this isn't what you want to hear, but we certainly don't want to do anything counter productive either. When I asked my Onc about it he had not heard of it.

It has been around forever and people swear by it. People at my husband's office sent home a huge, smelly bag of it. It has been bugging me to remember why I quit taking it so I looked it up again....

The link to the main site is below also. It is a great place to check out any herbals, minerals, vitamins, etc.... I found out here that turmeric, which I was taking for the bad swelling in my ankle, actually makes Cytoxan less effective, so I quit taking it before chemo. I just try to cross reference stuff here when I hear about something.

Just thought it might help...

Brand Name

Essiac, Vitaltea®, Flor-Essence®

Clinical Summary

Essiac was developed in the 1920s by Rene Caisse, a Canadian nurse. It is a formulation of four botanicals: burdock root, sheep sorrel root, slippery elm bark, and rhubarb root (1)(2).

Essiac demonstrated antioxidant (12) and cytotoxic properties in vitro (6)(11), but stimulated growth of human breast cancer cells both via estrogen receptor (ER)-dependent and ER-independent pathways (3). Similarly, studies of its antiproliferative effects on prostate cancer cells yielded conflicting data (7)(8). Remission of hormone-refractory prostate cancer was reported in a patient (9), but a retrospective study of breast cancer patients found that Essiac did not improve quality of life or mood (10).

Despite unsubstantiated claims (5), Essiac remains a popular anticancer therapy today.

The main link:

http://www.mskcc.org/cancer-care/integrative-medicine

Veggy, Hope you are feeling better and get good test results. I so can relate to the pin cushion thing!

Have a good night ladies!

• marywh

Thanks 4. I talked to mo about it, he said it was ok to take. Didn't think it would do much good, but otherwise harmless.I have 2 sisters who are really into alternative stuff, so Im really doing to to shut them up for awhile:)

• 4sewwhat

No Worries! I mix a lot of natural stuff in too, thats how I came upon that Sloan Kettering site. I was double and triple checking stuff to ask my onc about. I was worried about the estrogen stuff with it for me.

Warning on the tea...it smells and tastes like crap! Lol but hey if it can't hurt and might help, no harm in trying.

• Hortense
    Hortense Member Posts: 718

OMG - My sadly misguided cousin is forwarding one of those idiotic chain emails to try to cure me. Is there really no cure for stupid yet? Can we start a national campaign for a cure ... for stupid? Maybe use the color pink?

• 4sewwhat

Hortense,That sounds like a great plan! Mary, I know what color pink we can use!,