Fill Out Your Profile to share more about you. Learn more...

OMG They Found the Cure for Stupid

Options

Comments

• Lucy55
    Lucy55 Member Posts: 2,703
    Options

Iris ..yes I'm sure chemo is making you tired ☹️...do you have a slow cooker ..do you cook make up a big batch of food to freeze in portion sizes ? I wish I was close by so I could come to cook your ground turkey .Hugs

• octogirl
    octogirl Member Posts: 2,434
    Options

I'd join you in that bout of batch cooking, Lucy!

• proudtospin
    proudtospin Member Posts: 4,671
    Options

thanks to all for offers to cook, the offer means a lot to me.

Funny i woke up this morning and felt blessed to have the friends that i do and to have the health insurance and savings that i do. I have help that comes in to clean, i get my groceries delivered. I have the absolute greatest neighbors. I still drive although not long distances.

Life is pretty good

• Lucy55
    Options

Iris ..that's great ! We all have blessings that we forget to count ...and you've made me think about mine too ..it's wonderful to have friends you can rely on !

• Daylightdancer666
    Daylightdancer666 Member Posts: 30
    Options

Hey hey late to the party only found this I got diagnosed June. I have I've had ott sane friend alkaline diet laughter is best medicine cbd lollys though I've told her I'm stage four not curable treatable xxx

• m0mmyof3
    m0mmyof3 Member Posts: 9,422
    Options

Iris, that is good that you have people to help you.

I have that with some women iin my neighborhood. They take me to my testing and to doctors appointments in town. They are all retired and so they volunteered to help when they saw me taking buses to appointments or having my hubby take a day off to take me.

• proudtospin
    Options

Mommy, people are great! I forget some days, hey chemo brain is real! I have to write things down immediatly or get myself confused. Hope everyone has plans for next week, celebrate the holiday

• spookiesmom
    spookiesmom Member Posts: 8,173
    Options

Yeah, I have to write a grocery list, then walk out without it.

• beaverntx
    beaverntx Member Posts: 2,962
    Options

Spookiesmom, I've done that more than once in the last year!

• Lucy55
    Options

Ive left my grocery list at home so many times I can't believe it ...! Now I actually make my list on my phone ..it's the only hope I've got of having it with me !!!!🥴

• spookiesmom
    Options

Hahahaha I wish I knew how to put it on my phone. I’d forget how to do it, and where IN the phone it is.

• spookiesmom
    Options

• proudtospin
    Options

yeap, could not remember when my cleaning gal was coming...Good thing she understands me!

• proudtospin
    Options

hey guys, i stoped seeing postings here and not sure why, but gonna try again

• proudtospin
    Options

hi, any one active here?

• spookiesmom
    Options

not anymore. Seems the oldsters have left This was a good thread.

• proudtospin
    Options

oh sorry to near that!

• Lucy55
    Options

Hi Iris ..I'm still here ..and over at Crazytown thread !!! Good to see you !

• duckyb1
    duckyb1 Member Posts: 9,646
    Options

Went to Crazytown and said HI.....hugs all

• proudtospin
    Options

well great to hear from you guys, mjssed you all!

Home today trying to rehydrate and can you believe, my bp is lo so drinking gatoraid and eating pretzels, this last chemo really hit me so really glad to chat.

Will check out crazytown

• LiveLoveLaugh2020
    LiveLoveLaugh2020 Member Posts: 173
    Options

Loved reading some of this stuff. New to the site so haven't read too far back but doesn't everyone love when you get "oh you're getting a free pair of beatiful boobs, I want to get implants". Oh yeah I'm so happy I had to go through all this to get boobs people Devil Just want to slap people sometimes! Smile

Hope everyone is doing well

• Yogatyme
    Yogatyme Member Posts: 1,793
    Options

LiveLove, sorry you have had to join this crowd, but glad you found this site. It will be a wealth of info and support for you. Yes, people are so stupid....I got that response....you can get perky boobs! You should have seen their faces when I told them I was going flat. They looked at me like I surely had dementia. Hang out here and you won’t get those stupid responses!

• LiveLoveLaugh2020
    Options

Thanks Yoga. I could only imagine their faces when they got that response! lol good for you.

• Lomlin
    Lomlin Member Posts: 116
    Options

My favorite phrase is, okay so you are cured now?

• Yogatyme
    Yogatyme Member Posts: 1,793
    Options

LomLin, I really hate that one. Sometimes I think others feel like I’m being dramatic when I tell them the best they will say is NED. Some even say, “ so cured.“.Dumb asses.

• duckyb1
    Options

imageNow that would cure stupid wouldn’t it.....

• proudtospin
    Options

ducky, i sure could use that shock colar!

Everyone keeps asking me why, how and when will you be done treatment? Like never!

• LiveLoveLaugh2020
    Options

Lol...love that ducky! Happy

• Lomlin
    Lomlin Member Posts: 116
    Options

Once you're no longer on radiation, people think you're fine, that you bounce back. But what they don't realize is that your body has been through something so incredibly difficult that your body never fully bounces back. I don't look at it as being in remission, I look at it like I'm lucky to be able to wake up to another day.

I need that shock collar. Thanks ducky

NED is definetly another one yogatyme

proudtospin yes never done with treatment. Like now I am on tamoxifen, I fear my doctor will tell me another 5 years after the first 5 years of being on it. Right now in year two.

• duckyb1
    Options

I had 38 radiation ..8 of which were boosts...went through it with flying colors.....2 weeks later I thought I was run over by a Semi........I went on Femara/Letrozole...the SE’s were so bad I stopped taking it after 4 years...they said 5....and I know damn well they were headed to tell me 10.....the SE’s I had never completely went away......so...so much for medicine getting ‘out of your system in 3 days....and how about Neuropathy, lymphedema, skin so dried out you itch like a monkey....not for a day/week/month....for life......so go ahead ....look at me and tell me I look great....tell me how I have survived....forget WTH I went through and still go through.....so I want that damn collar so everytime someone comes up with some Stupid comment that they think makes me feel better.....I can zap the shit out of them and then say ‘....You look fine...by the way...how did that zap feel.....well some days I feel even worse then that......Amen....