Fill Out Your Profile to share more about you. Learn more...

For Older People with Sense

Options

Comments

• karen1956
    karen1956 Member Posts: 4,520
    Options

Hi Chrissy - lovely photo of you and the hubs - you look fantastic!

Lisa - I always enjoy you photos.

I was gone the month of July so haven't been on bco. In June I went to Toronto for a week to see DD#1 and SIL. July to Israel. I volunteered on a military base again for 2 weeks - it is my 5th time doing it. My gf and I spent the 2 weeks together. The rest of the time I was in Jerusalem. 1:1 time with my DD#2, then my husband joined us and the 3 of us had a week together. He stayed the week-end to have 1:1 time with daughter. I ha so much fun. DH get back tomorrow morning. Now all I need to do is sort through pictures and post....of course catch up on all the things that need to doing in the house - laundry, sort through mail, pay bills - the usual.

Back to a new school year on August 13 - so one week left to do all the things I wanted to do in the house this summer - mostly going through stuff and throwing away.

Karen

• wren44
    wren44 Member Posts: 7,881
    Options

Travel beats decluttering every time. It sounds like you had a great summer.

• wren44
    Options

Just want to say thanks to all the Aussies and Kiwis. We're getting help from you to fight forest fires and we really appreciate it.

• chrissyb
    chrissyb Member Posts: 11,438
    Options

Hi all!!

Wow Karen, talk about a busy summer!! Saw the post on FB with Miriam.......oh my goodness! What a wonderful young woman she is! I can see why you are so proud of her and rightly so. So good to hear you are well.

Minus two, it certainly would be good to catch up.

Wren, totally agree with you on the travel v declutter! Give me travel everytime. As for lending a helping had with the fires, you have returned the favour on many occasions for which we give thanks.

Got a heap of scans lined up for this coming Friday, doc is getting antsy as I've been off all meds for eighteen months now and he's scared of missing something......we all know how sneaky this disease can be. I'm not particularly worried myself as I'm feeling fine generally and liver and kidney functions are perfect. I'll keep you all informed.

On a lighter note, I got to spend a whole afternoon with my three great granddaughters. It's been so cold, I knitted them all a new beanie.

The one at the back is Mikaela 5, on the left Lily 2 and the newest addition, sound asleep is Nahla 8 weeks. They are the cutest bunch, but I guess I'm a little biased....lol.

Take care all!

Love n hugs. Chrissy

• QCA
    QCA Member Posts: 1,150
    Options

What a gorgeous, happy picture!! 

Kathy

• socallisa
    socallisa Member Posts: 10,184
    Options

love it Chrissy

• karen1956
    Options

Crissy - you are so talented. Great picture with the great grands!

• chrissyb
    Options

Hi girls, just thought I'd give you an update on my scan results. CT showed organs are still clear......yay......but picked up a new met on my rib. On the other hand, the bone scan picked up a few new ones.......in two ribs one on the right 3rd and one on the left 10th, collarbone, scapular, sacral ala and the pubic bones. The end result is I'm back on Femara for three months and then another scan to see response and if it's not good then a change of meds to Aromasin......so, I'm off the swings and back on the round a bout......for now.😁 with a little luck and a good response I will hopefully be back on the swings real soon.

Hope you are all doing really well.

Love n hugs. Chrissy

• socallisa
    Options

awww, hugs to you Chrissy. 💞💞💞

• QCA
    QCA Member Posts: 1,150
    Options

Oh. Chrissy, Hugs and prayers to you.  

Kathy

• karen1956
    Options

Chrissy - sending you hugs from Denver

• bootsie7
    bootsie7 Member Posts: 105
    Options

I would like to join this group. I will be 67 in December. I was diagnosed in May 2018 with ILBC..left breast mx. The universe has been unkind since dx and Monday I am having a core bone biopsy to comfirm bone mets. It would be nice to connect with those close to my age group.

Thank you.

• chrissyb
    Options

Hi bootsie7, welcome aboard!

You are exactly (maybe not the day but the month and year) the same age as I am......yep turn 67 in about 3 weeks.😁 Hearing those words when dx sure are devastating.....we hear you loud and clear on that one.

Keeping my fingers and everything else crossed that your bone biopsy is negative but just in case, there again we are alike. I was dx originally 2003 then bone mets 2009 and have been NED (no evidence of disease) right up to August this year when we discovered progression. Hang in there lovely lady, there is definitely life after this horrible dx and I am but one example of that.

Love n hugs. Chrissy

Oh, I forgot, update for everyone. Femara didn't work and scan showed more progression so it's off to the onc on the 27th this month to see which road we take now. Fingers crossed that it's not a bumpy one.😁

• socallisa
    Options

welcome bootsie..I am a little older. Turn 76 this week and it will be 18 years since my diagnosis. Chrissie is the best and has met so many of us in person even traveling the world from Down Under.

Bumpy roads for many of us, but we hang together. 💕💕💕

• goldie0827
    goldie0827 Member Posts: 6,835
    Options

Chrissy, wishing you all the best on the 27. But my gosh, 15 years at stage IV? Do you ever wonder, "do I really have cancer"! I know I do, but the scans and blood work say otherwise! Hoping you get at least another 15. Love and Huggles.

• chrissyb
    Options

Thanks Lori.......it's only 10 years stage IV, 15 with cancer. Yes, it's easy sometimes to forget but this time around there has been a modicum of pain but I'm hoping that will diminish as treatment gets going. Roll on 27th.....lol.....and let's get this show on the road.😁

Love n huggles right back at ya. Chrissy

• bootsie7
    Options

Thank you for the warm welcome. I have posted on this site on other forums so I don't think I should repeat my whole story. I only had 2 A/C treatments then was hospitalized with severe infection for a week. I am not in any treatment now.Waiting to see biopsy results.

Your posts are encouraging and I will hope the very best results on the 27th! By the way...My birthday is Dec.4th.

SocalLisa...Thank you too...will be so happy to hang with you all. 😊

• chrissyb
    Options

Oh wow Bootsie!! Mine is the 5th!! How about that......lol.

I was given A/C when first dx but only got one dose as onc said he would literally kill me if he gave more.....apparently I lack a gene that helps the liver process so I had the same amount of toxicity in my system as everyone else who completed treatment.

I've been busy creating a potted garden under my shade sail that covers my courtyard, a combination of flowers, trees, veg and herbs. I find doing anything like digging is a real chore and leaves me breathless and hurting so the big garden is now my husbands. I have a mandarin, lemon, strawberries, oregano, chives, thyme, basil, carnation, zygote, petunia, orchid, begonias, hanging geranium as well as Bush geranium, cucumber, viola, hydrangea, mint and catnip for my fluffy boy. Phew! I have a feeling I am going to be busy this summer making sure they all get adequate water.😁 when they get going a bit more I'll post a pic or two.

Love n hugs. Chrissy

• wren44
    Options

Welcome Bootsie. I may be the elder at 78, but who cares? This is a great group of women.

Chrissy, Best wishes and fingers crossed for the 27th. So . . your husband has the 'big' garden. Sounds to me like it's quite a garden on your patio.

• bootsie7
    Options

Birthday Girls we are!

Happy

Chrissy, You sure are an active lady and inspiring to me. Thank you for your posts.

Hi Wren thanks for the welcome! My Mama always said "age is only a number"

• karen1956
    Options

Chrissy - your garden is lovely - thats a lot of work - even the small garden - will be with you on the 27th

• chrissyb
    Options

Grrrrrr, woke up this morning and my lower back felt like it was breaking.......moved and thought my bladder is going to burst........nope, damned bladder and kidney infection. So after a quick couple of texts with my GP I now have an antibiotic. I haven't had one of these for years! Oh well, I guess it had to happen sooner or later......lol.

Wren, I love seeing you visit and never forget, age is just a number it's what we feel inside that counts.

Bootsie, I try to keep as active as possible even if some days I'm a real sloth......lol.

Love n hugs all. Chrissy

• socallisa
    Options

The Star of India underway with sails. First time in 5 years.

• chrissyb
    Options

Lisa, is that the ship they used when filming Master and Commander with Russel Crow? If so, I remember seeing it at dock when I was there......it's such a beautiful sight under sail. Can you imagine a fleet of these beauties? Wow!

• SuefromSydney
    SuefromSydney Member Posts: 111
    Options

Good morning all! Thanks for starting the lovely thread, Chrissy, and for everyone else for building it into what it is.

I've been posting in Chemo starting Sept 18 mostly, and am off today for my 4/12 weekly Taxol. I've had a lumpectomy and axial clearance, and 3/4 AC. Had to stop the AC because it was affecting my heart muscle function. Cardiologist says that will repair, and though I'm very ready to work on that, I'm inclined to wait and see. Your current heart problems are a bit terrifying,Chrissy! I hope they resolve and let you return to normal activity.

Anyway, here's another sailing ship - much more modern, but lovely all the same. This was our home for a week in July last year off the Croatian coast. Brilliant! This September we were set for sailing holiday off the Maine coast on a 140 yo schooner, but had a better offer - surgery:-/

Blessings to all, and enjoy a short sail in the sun. Ivan the cook will soon have your delicious lunch ready.

Susan

• chrissyb
    Options

Hi Sue! Unfortunately there is nothing they can do for diastolic dysfunction except don't put the heart under strain.......lol.....No exercise for me unless gentle walking and don't get over tired.........yeah right. With this disease and treatment one is always either bouncing or sleeping.

Yep, that AC is a harsh one for sure so the Taxol should feel like a doddle. As Trish suggested further up the page, eat ice or iceblocks from the beginning of infusion until you are done that way you mouth lining and tongue will be a bit more protected from mouth ulcers and horrific taste change.

That sailing ship is a beauty! Lucky you for being able to call it home for awhile. I would love to do that but my hubby is a true blue landlubber. He came to Australia as an immigrant when he was eleven from Holland and apparently he was sea sick pretty much the whole way so now, he just refuses boats, ships, liners out of hand......can't say I blame him as it would have been six weeks of pure hell.

Take care all.

Love n hugs. Chrissy

• bootsie7
    Options

Thinking about you today ChrissyB...hope all goes well for you today.

• chrissyb
    Options

Hi girls, finally home after a long day. Well, the lowdown of todays visit with the onc. He is lovely first of all and doesn't shy away from going through all the options which made both my daughters very happy. There is a long list of options but for now we are going to stick with the Femara and add in Xgeva. I have a referal to get some bloods done and an appointment on Thursday with the dentist for a check up before beginning the Xgeva. He is meeting with the cancer conference tonight and will organize for the radio oncologist to contact me re some rads to the mets that is giving me the most pain and problems.

So, for now it's still pretty simple......thank goodness, but he has listed all the options for me to peruse.

I have a builder coming in the morning to workout a quote to redo my bathroom......yes, it's finally going to happen and I can't wait! Probably won't happen this side of Christmas but early in the new year but that is just fine for me.

Hope everyone is doing okay.

Love n hugs. Chrissy

• bootsie7
    Options

Hi ChrissyB,

It is good you have some answers and direction with treatment. Will be watching on here for good results.

Having a bathroom redo is something good to look forward to. 😊

Please take care

• bootsie7
    Options

Found out my bone biopsy results and it is Bone Mets from the breast cancer.

Sad

My onc said that she feels it is slow growing or inactive as nothing lights up?? She will see me on the 3rd. She is suggesting to start me on Anastrozole. SOOOO many side effects.

Shocked scared.

There has been many bad surprises since my May Dx ....not sure how to proceed with a positive outlook.

Just needed to vent a bit.

Thank you