Fill Out Your Profile to share more about you. Learn more...

For Older People with Sense

Options

Comments

• socallisa
    socallisa Member Posts: 10,184
    Options

wishing everyone the best Christmas Days as can be. ๐ŸŽ„๐ŸŽ„๐ŸŽ„

• chrissyb
    chrissyb Member Posts: 11,438
    Options

Wishing each and every one of you lovely ladies the best Christmas and the best Holiday season one could wish for. Hoping that the New Year brings better health for all of us.

Love n hugs. Chrissy

• karen1956
    karen1956 Member Posts: 4,514
    Options

To all who celebrate, wishing you a wonderful Christmas......here's to 2019 being a year of health and happiness

• bootsie7
    bootsie7 Member Posts: 105
    Options

May the season bring Health, Happiness, Peace and Love to everyone.

Heart

• janky
    janky Member Posts: 478
    Options

As a friend in a different thread said 'Merry Everything" - I too, wish us all a wonderful, happy, healthy new year filled with love, laughter, healing, and hope!

• socallisa
    Options

Chrissy, are you watching the tennis?

• chrissyb
    Options

I will be when the open starts on the 14th.....๐Ÿ˜

I started new meds today so it will be a good time to just sit......right now I'm busy crocheting little snuggle blankets for my three great granddaughters, they will be ready just as winter begins.

• socallisa
    Options

just take it easy, Chrissy ๐Ÿ’—

• bootsie7
    Options

Hi everyone. Been quiet here. Chrissyb hope you are ok?

SoCalLisa & Wren44 hope all is well.

I started Anastrozole 125mg Dec14th. I wanted to start with AI first and see if I have any side effects before I add Ibrance. Well Ibrance came yesterday but of course I just have stared at it. ๐Ÿ˜ฎ I have had tingling stiffness and numb sort of feeling in my right hand/fingers. I also have shoulder soreness and an area next to my shoulder blade that has been chronic and flares up now & then (carry too much, purse on shoulder etc.) So now MO not sure if Anastrozole, chronic problem or cancer pressing on spine.๐Ÿ˜• MRI for spine & shoulder this Friday. (heavy sigh.)

Believe I heard Australia is in a heat wave...while here in IL. we are in a a Polar Vortex!

Crazy Stuff.

Although , because of school closings today & tomorrow my grandson has been with us and gets to have a sleepover.๐Ÿ˜Š

Thinking of you all and sending hugs.

• bootsie7
    Options

ii

• tb90
    tb90 Member Posts: 279
    Options

I will be turning 60. I cannot believe I am older. Do not feel older. But even more seriously, how do I know if I have "sense"? I cannot control the older and after a bc dx, getting older is a gift. But whether or not I have sense as this thread is titled, is very debatable. Lo

• wren44
    wren44 Member Posts: 7,877
    Options

I think having sense was in reaction to some drama on another thread. This one is pour your tea, sit and chat and make friends.

I'm 78 and just starting to feel older. I watch young volunteers fling themselves down on the floor to play with a cat in the bottom row. I could do that, just not be able to get back up.

• chrissyb
    Options

Hi girls and welcome TB90!

Whether you have sense or not, as Wren said, pull up a seat, make a cuppa and join the chat to make friends.๐Ÿ˜

Boots, I wish you well with Ibrance and Letrozole combo and I seriously hope your se are on the minor side. Goodluck with your MRI........keeping my fingers crossed that all is well and your problem is due to the weight of your bag.

Yep, hot as hades down under but luckily we have had a break in the big hot and are now into the medium hot.......lol. To tell you the truth, I really can't wait until winter arrives........I am so over summer. I guess you have the same sentiment about your winter so I suppose it's all relative.

I have had such a reaction to Affinitor that once again my onc has stopped it until I see him on the 19th Feb. Right now my mouth is full of the most painful ulcers that I have ever experienced and due to their painfulness I have eaten very little in the last week, even getting water into me has been a bit of a struggle. I'm hoping that now I've stopped the Affinitor again they will heal and on the 19th I'm surmising that I will be having a long conversation with the onc to sort out what next.........my guess is right now those little interlopers in my body are having a party but as is said, 'shit happens'.

Two weeks of tennis has allowed me to get two and a half of the four snugglerugs required done. They are looking pretty nifty if I say so myself.

TB90, inside this 67 year old body is a 20 something trying to get out.........nope, don't feel old either but some days cancer says I'm 100 not out.๐Ÿ˜

Take it easy all!

Love n hugs. Chrissy

• karen1956
    Options

Chrissy - sorry that you are suffering so with the side effects....sure hope your oncologist has a good solution for you. Hugs, Karen

• tb90
    Options

I recognize many of you. I too am so sorry Chrissy for your mouth sores. One sore is awful, multiple sores are unbearable. Just a quick summary about me. From Canada in one of the colder zones. Brrr I am now facing a very high likelihood of thyroid cancer and meet with my surgeon on Feb 6th. I am a social worker, now Program Manager on a First Nation Community. One adult son, aged 32 years and a wonderful husband who is partially disabled by a stroke or two. But still very functional. I have a precious cockatoo named Blanche, my avatar and a bulldog and share custody with my sons chihuahua. Lol. First thread I have joined. And really looking forward to getting to know all of you

• chrissyb
    Options

Thanks TB90. Oh your cockatoo is a sulphur Crest! I have flocks of them fly over my house every day as they roost in the trees next to the creek across the road from where I live. They are amazing, intelligent birds for sure and if treated well in captivity can live 40 plus years.

Love that you have share custody of your sons chihuahua.......lol.....and an English bully....they are gorgeous! Unfortunately I no longer have a dog as my precious Tinker passed last year, she was eighteen.......now I just have a big fat ginger moggy called Megs. He is coming seven but is still a mischief for sure..

My home town is a small (population about 1000) country town in South Australia about 150km from Adelaide which is the capital. I have about a 2-3 hour drive to get to all my medicos but I don't mind as the drive is lovely. I'm a mad keen photographer, quilter, crocheted, sewer etc, etc......in other words, I try to stay relatively busy without burning too much energy......lol.

I have two living daughters and a deceased son, 4 grandchildren and three great grandchildren with another on the way and a fur baby grandchild.......I can honestly say that my life is full. We are both retired, but when we were in our working years we had our own business which we ran for thirty years.

Well, enough about me......just thought I'd give you a little introduction. ๐Ÿ˜

Take care all and stay warm.

Love n hugs. Chrissy

• karen1956
    Options

HI TB9 - hope you are staying warm in frigid Winnipeg. We used to have a English Bulldog many years ago....we've had quite the assortment of dogs over the past 40+ years...currently we have Mischa, 10 year old St. Bernard.

Welcome to the group

• tb90
    Options

Thanks Chrissy: For future reference, what is our time difference? It is 7:30 pm Jan 31 here now. And to clarify, Blanche is a rescue. I dream about releasing her to New Guinea where she was captured wild in 1971. She is an old girl like me. We have had her for 15 glorious years. The thought of them flying wild in my country is beyond imaginable. Keep cool and I will try to keep warm. Minus 55 Celsius with wind chill.

• chrissyb
    Options

TB, you posted 26 minutes ago and at that time it was 12.15pm 1st Feb. Our time difference is about 16 hours 45 minutes and we are ahead.

If you have had your cockatoo that long she would never be able to be released to the wild as she would firstly be set upon by the flock and secondly not know where to find food. Even though the idea is great, for her now it would be cruel and a death sentence.

Oh my!! Minus 55?!!!!! I cannot imagine somewhere so cold! I like cold but I doubt I would like it to be that cold.๐Ÿ˜ Yes indeed do stay warm.

Karen, what happened to Bear?

Love n hugs. Chrissy

• tb90
    Options

Karen1956: A St. Bernard! Love them. Does my profile say Winnipeg some where? I use Winnipeg because if I said Grand Marais, no one would ever find me. We lived in Winnipeg, but for the past 15 years live one hour north in an area called the beaches. Beautiful in the summer, but remote in the winter. I love the busy beach season with all the cottages and the harsh and isolated winters. Howling coyotes woke me up last night. We get Northern lights and watch the ice fisherman and brave eagles who stay all winter to eat the leftovers on the ice. We have lived in all the major cities across Canada when my husband was an executive of a health care company. We chose to retire here. Go figure. If I ever retire

• tb90
    Options

socalisa and wrenn, I know both of you from other postings and am so excited to be here with you. And have not read back any further yet. Will not be such a pest moving forward. But I am kind of excited

• wren44
    wren44 Member Posts: 7,877
    Options

You are very welcome here. Chrissy is not kidding about her knitting and crocheting. She has posted photos of some of her projects and they're amazing. I'm trying to learn to paint with watercolors in my retirement. I take a class for seniors that is pretty low cost and a lot of fun. Our teacher's husband was diagnosed with pancreatic cancer and is receiving chemo, which I hear is kicking his butt, so class members are taking turns teaching a class. I volunteered to do one on perspective in 2 weeks. I will be studying for that one for sure.

• snickersmom
    snickersmom Member Posts: 599
    Options

Hi everyone,

I don't know how I missed this thread before but here I am! I will be 72 in May, even though I swear I was just 25 yesterday! I have a great DH (most of the time), 3 daughters, and 4 granddaughters. We are both retired, living in Florida. The girls and granddaughters live in Massachusetts with their husbands and girls. The oldest has 2 daughters - 13 and 12. The middle daughter has two daughters as well - 13 and 11. Our youngest daughter is single.

Love to travel - I spent 6 weeks in Sydney, NSW 4 years ago. A dear friend who lived there gave me the trip, and I absolutely loved every minute I spent there. Three years ago DH and I sailed to Spain and spent 35 days visiting friends and several countries, and then sailed home. I will travel anywhere!

Chrissy - I am also a quilter. I never sewed much until 4 years ago and I discovered quilting. I just entered my first show and got an Honorable Mention in my category! boy, was I surprised!

TB90 - your town sounds fascinating! wish I could come up there in the summer and see it.

Nice to meet you all!

Ann

• tb90
    Options

Snickersmom: I have been to Florida many times. South Beach and the Keys. And of course, Disney. Many wonderful family memories. Check out Grand Beach, Canada. Considered one of the top ten beaches in North America. That's where I am. Not Florida, but still beautiful. Please visit

• karen1956
    Options

Chrissy - Bear died in the summer of 2017....he was a great boy..thanks for asking

• chrissyb
    Options

Anne, yes I saw your quilt on the quilting thread, you are amazing!! I'm afraid my quilting is rather basic but I still enjoy doing it......I have never and probably will never attempt to tackle anything like what you have done. Welcome!

Naaaw, thanks Wren on your cudos for my projects, much appreciated.

Wow TB! Coyotes waking you up, does that happen often? Where you live sounds like a paradise.......I'd love to be able to see those northern lights, one day maybe.

Love n hugs. Chrissy

• chrissyb
    Options

Anne, yes I saw your quilt on the quilting thread, you are amazing!! I'm afraid my quilting is rather basic but I still enjoy doing it......I have never and probably will never attempt to tackle anything like what you have done. Welcome!

Naaaw, thanks Wren on your cudos for my projects, much appreciated.

Wow TB! Coyotes waking you up, does that happen often? Where you live sounds like a paradise.......I'd love to be able to see those northern lights, one day maybe.

Love n hugs. Chrissy

• tb90
    Options

Snickersmom: Welcome also. You lovely women all live in gorgeous states and countries. I giggle thinking of my home as paradise. But it is. Paradise is not only tropics and palm trees. Cockatoos and oceans. Warm weather and fresh fruits and vegetables year round. Actually, it is. But thank you so much to appreciate the beauty of harsh, rugged landscapes. I did see two wolves this afternoon and that is rare. But I also froze my thighs mailing a letter. February is here and one month closer to spring. Peace to everyone and thanks for helping me see beauty in my world too.

• tb90
    Options

And Chrissy: So hope your SE are much better and you can start to eat again.

• bootsie7
    Options

Hi All,

Chrissy it is Anastrazole I am on. Started that in December. Received the Ibrance Tuesday, but haven't started it yet. Had my MRI today took 3 hours. Teased my DH what a quite different date night that was. Him not feeling well patiently in waiting room reading... me in & out of MRI machine. Hug

Talented ladies on here with all the the crochetting, knitting, quiltting, painting etc. Love to hear everyones stories about life, families & everyones pets.