Fill Out Your Profile to share more about you. Learn more...

For Older People with Sense

Options

Comments

• socallisa
    socallisa Member Posts: 10,184
    Options

I couldn't see where I was going...glad someone knew.. Under the Pacific off the coast of California

• snickersmom
    snickersmom Member Posts: 599
    Options

Chrissy - I'd like to do a river cruise, too, but my DH likes bigger ships. He hates to fly so am limited in what I find for adventures!

Lisa - great picture! I'd hang that in a prominent spot in my house!!

• footloose
    footloose Member Posts: 25
    Options

crissyb, thanks for this thread. I'm a newby so don't know much about all the threads but I'm definitely an oldy at 72. I've had my

share of BrCa mostly DCIS until this year - now IDC. Get my port next Mon (March 4th) - never had chemo or rad. before. Glad to be watching all the input on this site. Recommend Jon Kabat-Zinn for anyone looking for reading - he believes in the strength of our minds.

Now as for river trips - check out AMA Waterways. We did a wonderful trip from Amsterdam to Budapest with them. Would do it again in a minute but also want to do the Holland during tulip time!

Are any of you gardeners? I love it but am slowing down. Have lots of seeds if anyone would like some. Zone 5

• chrissyb
    chrissyb Member Posts: 11,438
    Options

Hi Strock, welcome!! Sounds like you have been having a time of it for sure........goodluck with your port placement. I guess you will be doing Herceptin as well as other chemo and from what I have heard from others, the Herceptin iis a pretty easy one as far as side effects. Rads are also pretty easy and other than fatigue taking really good care of your skin is super important. I'm sure you will be given good instruction at your treatment centre.

Thanks for the info on the River Cruise........yes, something I would really love to do by my hubby not so much......lol.

We are at present at our daughter's house enjoying a family evening with both of our daughters and grandchildren before heading to the airport in the morning. So my new adventure is about to begin.😁

Love n hugs all. Chrissy ❀

• wren44
    wren44 Member Posts: 7,877
    Options

Happy trails, Chrissy.

• karen1956
    karen1956 Member Posts: 4,514
    Options

Chrissy - happy travels - look forward to seeing all your photos and stories

• chrissyb
    Options

Thanks Wren and Karen.❀

Well, after much last minute stuff, (you all know what I mean), lol, we are finally at the airport. Both daughters have come to see us off and as we had plenty of time decided to grab a coffee. As usual, a few pics were snapped and this is one.

Eldest daughter, Camille is behind me and second daughter, Mareike is behind her dad. (Yes, DD1 has a sense of humor hence the rabbit ears. Lol.)

Next stop Hong Kong.

Love n hugs all. Chrissy

• snickersmom
    snickersmom Member Posts: 599
    Options

Safe travels, and have a great time!

• QCA
    QCA Member Posts: 1,150
    Options

Have a great time, you two!!

• socallisa
    Options

Have a wonderful trip, with lots of photos!!!

• chrissyb
    Options

Hi girls!! We are in Manchester, UK. Snapped this from our room window.

Manchester United Soccer Stadium........just awesome!! Unfortunately we couldn't get tickets to todays match as it was sold out but at least we tried.

Catch you later!

Love n hugs. Chrissy

• socallisa
    Options

Chrissy, we need some pix...

• karen1956
    Options

SoCalLisa - Chrissy has been posting on fb, but yup, need pictures here too.

• chrissyb
    Options

Ooops!.....sorry girls.

The Scottish Highlands.

Stirling Castle.

More to come later.

Love n hugs. Chrissy

• socallisa
    Options

lovely πŸ’•

• bootsie7
    bootsie7 Member Posts: 105
    Options

Oh Chrissyb these pictures are amazing. Hope you are feeling good while you are traveling. hugs to everyone.

• bootsie7
    Options

Hi to All,

It has been quiet here. I have been off... not the best with adding , commenting, but I do keep all in my thoughts & prayers.

Chrissyb from the pictures here looks like your your trip was spectacular

Hoping you were feeling good and able to truly enjoy.

I have had hospital stays for infections. Had to stop Ibrance 125mg ..neutropenia. My thyroid test in last hospital stay was very high. Now they are saying Hashimoto's Thyroid. I had it repeated after I was out of hospital and it came down significantly but still high. Having it repeated again soon. I have a CT scan scheduled in July. I am stage IV bone mets. I am still taking Anastrozole.

Took a 31/2 week road trip with DH. I felt good (left Ca at home πŸ˜‰) A couple weeks before we left my Integrative Oncologist recommended some things to help me sleep and my daughter brought me a weighted blanket. I have been sleeping so well now!!

I know my dx is not good as a stage IV, but I am grateful for everyday I wake up and can start a new day.

I hope you are all doing well and if there are some who are having hard times I wish for you better days, peace and love.

Hugs .

Bootsie

• chrissyb
    Options

Hey Bootsie, nice to see you!!

Yes, the trip was amazing but very exhausting. We saw some amazing places and overall the cancer didn't hold me back too much.😁

When we got home I was scheduled for a head MRI which showed a clear brain.....Yay!......but showed that I have a tumor on the nerve that runs from the back of my ear to my brain.....yuk!.....the good thing is it is a benign one and not related to BC at all. It does effect my hearing, I'm deaf on that side, and it does effect my balance so the whole time we were away I was using a stick. This bit of information explains a whole lot for me. There is not much they can do for it, just wait and watch and if it gets too big where it is causing other problems then they will remove it for to do so now could mean things could end up worse all round.

The following week I had a lumbar MRI as my left leg went numb while we were away also......Maybe cancer was trying to tel me something.......lol. turns out I had a large tumor on my L5 vertebra that was pressing on a nerve so that has been radiated and I Starr Faslodex next Tuesday.

Bootsie , I'm also bone Mets only at this point and hoping that my new lot of scans scheduled for next Monday still show the same but if not, I can't complain as I was given 2 years survival when dx stage IV and that was ten years ago. Still here and still loving life, doing everything I enjoy, one day at a time.

Yes, thyroid problems are quite common, unfortunately. It seems all the radiation from mammograms as well as treatment is the cause in many BC girls. Mine is now underactive and I take meds every day for it.

Glad you had a good road trip and left the Ca at home.....lol......now what didn't I think of that?πŸ˜‚

Sending love n hugs to all. Chrissy

• bootsie7
    Options

OH Chrissy this news makes my heart sad for you and hopeful all at the same time! Selfishly it gives me hope. I have ILC stage IV Denovo diagnosed last year in May on a yearly mammogram. How was I walking around with this with no symptoms at all and previous Mammo's negative?? One Oncologist gave me a year without treatment or if treatments do not work.

Shocked

Well I have had so many issues with Chemo and infections I feel my treatments have been delayed more than I have had them! But I feel OK and not on any meds except Anastrozole and some supplements. I do what I want pretty much and sleep better than I have in a very long time.I have seen an Integrative Oncologist along with my Traditional.I will take all the help I can get.

I have a CT Scan scheduled for July 9th and like you hoping it is stable. I will be 68 in December. My Mom had Breast CA 2x 5 years apart. That was in early 80's and 90's. She lived to be 80 but the last 3 years were not a good QOL. I sure would welcome another decent 10 years - would truly be a blessing .

I will keep you in my thoughts Chrissy, please post how your test comes out. I am sorry for all the symptoms, but glad your brain is OK.

You have been kind and helpful in your posts...we share a similar diagnosis journey, age and we are both Sagittarius. You in Australia and me in Illinois USA.

Heart

I love your posts and pictures.

Hugs

Bootsie

• chrissyb
    Options

Hey Boots, yep, this crazy rollercoaster we have joined does tend to help one appreciate the little things that's for sure. Having to deal with systems that totally reject the meds prescribe makes it even more challenging, but at least we get to try them on for size and keep our fingers crossed that we do well with them.

New scans on Monday to get a baseline before we try Faslodex so should be interesting next week with watching for the side effects 😁 so I'm keeping my fingers crossed that they are few and mild.......never lose hope. My onc has signed me up for the Astra Zenica program but I will still be about $3500 out of pocket before the program kicks in so I'm hopeful.😁

Glad my posts can help others, it seems to be where I'm at in life.......there are quite a few of my friends who live locally that also are dealing with cancer, not BC but others. Some are doing okay and others not so okay but I keep checking on them and encouraging them with love, knowledge and humour.

I also turn 68 in December!

Just a little something to put some sunshine in your day.

This was taken a few miles from my home. Canola in the foreground with the wind farms on the lower Flinders Ranges in the misty background.

Love n hugs. Chrissy

• socallisa
    Options

a little more sunshine

• chrissyb
    Options

Lisa, I love the balloons!! Sunshine indeed!❀

• bootsie7
    Options

Chrissy,,,,Thank you for the beautiful picture. Such a lovely place to live. I haven't figured out how to post pictures yet.

Lisa the ballons do bring sunshine and a happy smile. 😊

Chrissy I will be hoping for a good report and please Falsodex be kind!! The cost of these drugs is so out of control!!! The Ibrance was costing $14,000. I was fortunate to have some ins. coverage and a drug store found a foundation to cover the rest. I only filled one rx though then had to stop taking it.

Lisa, hope you are doing ok?

This AM will be doing dome gardening..will be hot & humid today. Then a ride with my DH for lunch by a lake near us. 🌼🌻

Hope you both have a good week-end. Thanks for the support.

Bootsie

• chrissyb
    Options

Hi all, scans are done although they had to stick me four times even with the ultrasound guidance just to get a vein for the contrast......did I ever tell you, I hate CT's for this very reason.......grrr! Good news is that there are no new Mets and the ones that are there are looking pretty stable. You might say I'm a happy camper right now.....lol.

Had the first Faslodex treatment today and so far other than a lose bowel and a really drippy nose the se are okay. If this is all I get then I'll be happy with that also......I'll just have to make sure I have plenty of tissues in the house.....lol. I go for the second treatment in a fortnight.

Boots, another pic for you, taken on my way home this evening.

Love n hugs. Chrissy

• minustwo
    minustwo Member Posts: 13,103
    Options

crissy - great news. Thanks for sharing.

• bootsie7
    Options

Chrissy, I am doing a happy dance for your good news!! πŸ’– so thankful you are thru with the testing. I kept checking to see if you posted anything yet.

And the picture is just lovely. So kind to send it.

If I was close I woulld bring you the softest tissue made for your drippy nose. (I had that last year after my short lived chemo treatment.)

Hope the Faslodex goes well.

Thank you for posting!

Bootsie

• karen1956
    Options

Chrissy-!so happy for your good news. Hugs from across the pond

• socallisa
    Options

Glad to hear this Chrissy...you are a rock star!

• chrissyb
    Options

Thanks girls!!❀

Had a few more se's kick in after I posted but nothing that can't be handled with rest. Everything lasted until Friday and then just seemed to disappear........for which I'm truly thankful. Not so bothered about heading back for treatment number two in another week and as for now, I'm back to being as normal as I can be.😁

My bathroom is almost done, we are just waiting on me finishing the vanity......I decided to convert an old timber desk and if I say so myself, it's not going to look half bad when I'm done. Once installed I'll post a couple of picks. I've done a very ultra modern, minimalistic flat floor look with no tub.......I can't get in or out of one......so have gone for the rain head and hand shower and I'm loving it! You may have guessed, the shower is usable as is the toilet. The tiling and painting is all done......it's just me holding up the works.

Got a big weekend coming up, son in law is the drummer in Australia's only Pink Floyd cover band and they are in concert in the city so we will be attending.......that's Saturday night, then on Sunday our daughters have organised a celebration afternoon tea as it's our 50th Wedding anniversary. Apparently there will be about 40 people there.😲

Well, enough about my doings, how is everyone else?

Love n hugs. Chrissy

• QCA
    QCA Member Posts: 1,150
    Options

Chrissy, I just logged into the website and the first thing I saw was your good news! This made my day and I'm so happy for you! You've got this, Girlie!

Kathy