Fill Out Your Profile to share more about you. Learn more...

Any 40-ish survivors?

Options
1160161162163164166»

Comments

• Kimmer33
    Kimmer33 Member Posts: 90
    edited August 2016
    Options

hi ladies! After a quick read over some earlier and later posts, i probably fit into this group quite nicely and i would love more friends!

I was diagnosed last year (July 2015), at the age of 46 - i have a wonderful husband and 3 daughters age 23, 22 and 19, the youngest goes to university and still lives with us. Would love to join in the conversations!

Kim

**edit to add that i requested to be your friend (kimberley melvin) on facebook and would love to join the facebook group. Thanks

• Tresjoli2
    Tresjoli2 Member Posts: 579
    edited August 2016
    Options

Burley I will send over a request tonight!

• kmur
    kmur Member Posts: 849
    edited April 2018
    Options

Hi you all, not sure if you followed my message on FB. Thought I would post something here to let you know I want to not lose track of you

• burley
    burley Member Posts: 248
    edited April 2018
    Options

Hey KMur! I’m here. We should let the groups know to

• burley
    edited April 2018
    Options

and oh wow do i need a different pic or what

• kmur
    edited April 2018
    Options

Lol! Hey there burley

• bgirl
    bgirl Member Posts: 435
    edited April 2018
    Options

Hi ladies, maybe it should be 40 something turned 50 something for me. Had biopsy today. Were able to do US, so didn't have to do MRI biopsy with contrast or have a clip inserted (body made all kinds of scar tissue last time). Not expecting benign, more a confirmation that this is the source and so a new primary. Preferable to the alternative. Told my kids on the weekend, hard but did relieve some stress.

• Eema
    Eema Member Posts: 403
    edited April 2018
    Options

I’m here, kmur! We’ve come so far, it’s strange to be here again.

• Eema
    Eema Member Posts: 403
    edited April 2018
    Options

oh @bgirl! That must have been hard! So sorry

• chantal10
    chantal10 Member Posts: 32
    edited April 2018
    Options

hi! Wow, weird to be here! I popped in to check about the Ibrance chemo I'm on, see if any info on any thread, since I'm planning for surgery... and I see this topic come up as active! Surprise!

I get my injections of Faslodex and Zoladex tomorrow... once a month and it's just... “ouch" is an understatement.

Jane, glad the biopsy out of way. Are you in pain? I'm sorry. They should be able to see if your hormone status is same or different pretty quickly. I forget why your doctors think it could be a new primary? Xo take care girl.

• bgirl
    edited May 2018
    Options

Chantal, sorry - hope it is as pain free as it can be. Think of you often. Always want to throw something at the TV every time I see the Ibrance commercials (we get american network tv here) They list all the SEs but everyone is smiling, really!

New primary on the other side would be good - found the lymph node first and it was positive for breast cancer. Hopefully this is the source. Round 2 sucks, but as you know AGAIN is better than BACK! Lymph node ER+ so expecting the same .... I'm sure by the time I'm done I will never have girl hormones again.

Looking at our BCO signatures, forgot how close we were diagnosed. So much for the good kind speech - stage 1, no nodes, HR+.

• kiwimum
    kiwimum Member Posts: 485
    edited June 2018
    Options

Hi ladies. Just popped onto BCO after the longest time and sawyour posts. It’s weird to be back. This 40 something ish group is responsbile for me meeting such a great group of ladies.

• Belinda977
    Belinda977 Member Posts: 150
    edited June 2018
    Options

Oh my gosh...I just popped in too....Hello !!!

• kmur
    edited June 2018
    Options

Hi You all! I hardly ever log in. I forget to honestly. You all always made cancer doable ( with your spirit and your humor ) Love you all!

• kiwimum
    edited June 2018
    Options

How funny we are all here again! Hi Belinda and Kmur x

• burley
    edited July 2018
    Options

Kim! We're looking for you. You're off Facebook and none of us have heard from you.

Love you friend!

• burley
    edited July 2018
    Options

Hi friends! I'm here, and looking for KMur! PM me girl. xoxo

• kiwimum
    edited July 2018
    Options

I’m here looking too. Please check in kmur. Love you xx

• kmur
    edited August 2018
    Options

Hey you all. Thanks for checking on me. Sent you a message.

• kmur
    edited May 2019
    Options

Are any of you 40 something's here? Just wanted to check on you ladies. I am not on facebook anymore at all. That means , I have no clue how you are ! Each year I post over on the stage three 5 years out board but have not been on in a long time. I hope each of you are doing well and enjoying whatever you are up to . Want you to know, I think of you all the time as funny things happen here and there and brings a big smile remembering all of our laughs. Love to you all! ( every-one)

• bgirl
    edited May 2019
    Options

miss your stories. I think I have your email you gave me. Will send you an update.

• kmur
    edited May 2019
    Options

hi bgirl, I will send you a private message with my email if you do not have it. Been thinking of all you ladies. Miss hearing what everyone is doing. Hope you are doing well.

• bgirl
    edited June 2019
    Options

kmur that PM would be great.

• profbee
    profbee Member Posts: 304
    edited November 2019
    Options

LOVE you girls.

• profbee
    profbee Member Posts: 304
    edited November 2019
    Options

Changed my profile pic! LOL. LONG hair! 8 years out! Thank you, all. Eternally grateful to have had such wonderful friends along on the ride with me. xoxo

• kmur
    edited November 2019
    Options

Profbee!!!!! Beautiful photo of you. Just posted my fairwell to the 5 year stage three club . Moovin on up to the ten year club. ( insert song) haha . Love you and so happy I got to meet you and so thrilled to see all of your amazing accomplishments . Feel like your mom or wait no your sister ! Making myself old sheesh!! ( head shaking and trying so hard to make words feel ) just so happy for you and us . You are beautiful .