Fill Out Your Profile to share more about you. Learn more...

Any ladies from WISCONSIN??

Options

Comments

• zogo
    zogo Member Posts: 19,230
    edited February 2020
    Options

Lots of geese flying North this morning at sunrise. And Punxsutawney Phil didn't see his shadow. Hoping for an early spring. And it might hit 50* today!

• gailmary
    gailmary Member Posts: 433
    edited February 2020
    Options

I heard it reached 54°. I worked out in the woods dragging and stacking brush for 2 hours. Saw a Carolina wren!. Great day.

• vlnrph
    vlnrph Member Posts: 490
    edited February 2020
    Options

Phil? We have Jimmy the Groundhog over in Sun Prairie! He saw his shadow, so six more weeks (which is probably what we’d get anyway...)

Spent half of January in Costa Rica, missing about three snowstorms. This was my view from poolside at one of our hotels.

• bluewillowskys
    bluewillowskys Member Posts: 268
    edited March 2020
    Options

Loooooong time no post! Im still in awe that this thread i started is still going. You go girls! I have had so much personal upheaval that i havent had a need to come back here for breast stuff. Im almost 9yrs cancer free now. The tamoxifen for a year set off so much negative with my health.....it shut down my thyroud, packed on 60lbs, turned me diabetic type 2, caused genital skin tags, etc.. The added weight caused my heart condition to worsen so i had open heart surgery January 2017....so i have a full chest length scar now.

I came here once again to research reconstruction. My rt side lumpectomy and radiation has caused my breast to flattenand shink by almist half. Im hoping im far enough along that maybe i can finally get my implants.

Every time i see my reflection i am pissed that i wasnt told how radiation would destroy my breast. I should have been told of more options and not boxed in to only a lumpectomy and radiation. It has very big affect on my body image, especially now that im in a relationship. Im looking forward to remarrying my 2nd husband. But im anxious about my body and sex life. Weve been waiting for marriage.

Has anyone heard if any new post radiation recon options??

• moonflwr912
    moonflwr912 Member Posts: 5,937
    edited April 2020
    Options

Hey there Blue! The katest Ive geard on recon after radiation was fat grafts for a couple of months before surgery helped. But youd have to ask and do some research, as that was maybe 2 years ago?. Good luck hon. Much love

• bluewillowskys
    edited May 2020
    Options

thanks Moonflwr. Im pretty sure fat grafts are a no no for me because im er+/pr+..... too risky for my fat to turn cancerous if it gets mixed up with any cancer cells that were missed i think. What i need is a hand shaped implant to fill in the area right at top of rt breast that extends down rightward toward armpit. Then i need a lift for both sides. I know some may think im 51 and what do i need to fix my breasts for at my age( ive heard that before).... but i dont feel 51 in my head and i want to feel comfortable around my bf hopefully future hubby.

• moonflwr912
    edited May 2020
    Options

blue, of course! You do what you have to for you. I hope they can think of something.

• Louisap
    Louisap Member Posts: 12
    edited July 2020
    Options

Hi, I had fat grafts. I don't think cancer cells can live in fat.

• Louisap
    Louisap Member Posts: 12
    edited July 2020
    Options

Hi, I'm in Kenosha. After 5 1/2 years I probably have bone mets. Bone scan results today showed spot on back by hip, ilium. I'm getting a PET scan then biopsy. So not having the best day.

• zogo
    edited July 2020
    Options

Oh Louisap, so sorry to hear of your news. When are your next tests?

I hope they may lead to some good news, rather than bad.

Please keep us posted. Sending ((hugs))

• bluewillowskys
    edited December 2020
    Options

i finally got a surgical approval for fat grafting actually. I had been positive it wasnt safe for me but Dr. AHMED AFIFI AT UW MADISON says theres no evidence it will cause a recurrence. That its not 100% certain it cant but theres mo evidence that it can. So im scheduled March 12th for 1st round. I have a consult Jan.6th with Dr.Butz in Milwaukee for fat grafting using theBRAVA SYSTEM , i much prefer that being utiluzed to increase my skin stretch, bloid supoly, make additional room for fat grafting and increased chance of retaining the grafts. The plus is the lipo will help me lose fat in stubborn areas while im losing more weight before my Abdominoplasty! So once this terrible horrible dreadful year is over i finally have some positive things JUST FOR ME to look forward to in new year. Im not sure i will still have my bf by then but at least i will gain a perky sexy new body to catch a new one with by years end.....lol

Many Merry Holiday wishes and prayers to all you ladies!!!

• moonflwr912
    edited December 2020
    Options

blue! How awesome! Praying it goes quickly and without any "scenic detours" express train all the way!

Merry Christmas!

• bluewillowskys
    edited January 2021
    Options

thankyou Moonflwr! Happy New Year to all you ladies!

• badger
    badger Member Posts: 24,938
    edited January 2021
    Options

Hi all, I took some time off the board but am back to say Happy New Year and I hope 2021 is a better year than 2020.

• moonflwr912
    edited February 2021
    Options

Happy New Year a bit late to you too Badger! LOL.

• zogo
    edited February 2021
    Options

Happy February! Is it cold enough for you?

• badger
    edited February 2021
    Options

Brutal! Are you getting lake effect weather in Milwaukee & Port?

• moonflwr912
    edited February 2021
    Options

oh yeah. Lots if snow, and frigid temps. But it is Feb in WI. Go figure!

• badger
    edited February 2021
    Options

Maybe mother nature is making up for a warmer-than-average January. We got about an inch of snow last night. I'm waiting a while to shovel. The air temp is supposed to hit zero by 10AM. C'mon sunshine!

• moonflwr912
    edited February 2021
    Options

yes, its at 0 right now. But we have very sunny skues here in Port. But windchill is pretty cold. Stay warm, Badger

• badger
    edited February 2021
    Options

It is sunny but still COLD. Didn't stop me from voting. I was #12 in my precinct at 10AM.

My SIL in Houston has been without power for the past 36 hours. Yikes!

• goldensrbest
    goldensrbest Member Posts: 660
    edited February 2021
    Options

-13 taking the dogs out here in Richland Center. We lived in the northern part of Michigan’s lower peninsula for 13 years and never saw an extended deep freeze like this

• badger
    edited February 2021
    Options

Hi GoldensRBest (I agree!) welcome. The person who started this thread lives in RC.

My mom is in assisted living. I've been doing window visits until the polar vortex. Too darn cold to be outside for very long. They just started inside visits, masked of course, and separated by plexiglass. Got to see her yesterday!

• bluewillowskys
    edited March 2021
    Options

I was the one who started the thread. I live in RC. can anyone tell me what S/P Lumpectomy definition is??? My insurance denied my breast fat grafting as cosmetic . Im making an appeal and my surgeon used the above term in his consultation notes. I had a wire assisted lumpectomy/breast conserving surgery but due to radiswas left without any mid to upper pole tissue left.

Please PM me if you have the answer!!

• badger
    edited March 2021
    Options

Hi Blue, I sent you a PM.

Thought spring was here then *surprise* five inches of snow. The tulips and daffodils will be OK but it was a bad day for the robins to show up!

• m0mmyof3
    m0mmyof3 Member Posts: 9,437
    edited April 2021
    Options

My big maple, lilac and Japanese maple tree are all getting leaves.

• vlnrph
    vlnrph Member Posts: 490
    edited July 2021
    Options

Everyone posted about the nasty winter so I'm now going to comment on the horrible heat and humidity! Actually today was not even 70 but I got outdoors to do some yard work anyway.

What nearly killed me were extreme pollen allergies last month. Had not been that bad in decades. Terrible itchy eyes even though antihistamine drops were used. Worried I couldn't see to drive…

Recent PET scan showed my metastatic disease remains under control although I am anemic from Verzenio treatment. My white cell count is also low - still wearing mask when out in public in order to avoid infection.

• badger
    edited July 2021
    Options

Hi Mary, good to see you & hear PET scan showed mets are stable. I did yard work yesterday, too. We have a lovely break in the HHH (hazy hot & humid) weather.

Monica, I thought of you yesterday when my neighbor gave me some Michigan blueberries (so good). Have you been blueberry picking at your family farm yet?

I've been able to visit mom in her apartment at the care home. Still must mask up even though we're both fully vaccinated but that's OK. They are all vulnerable.

• gailmary
    gailmary Member Posts: 433
    edited July 2021
    Options

Hello Wisconsin. I'm here next to Alpine Valley music theater. I enjoy most weather unless I'm under the weather like this year. Scans Monday for me.glad to see the rest of you still around.

Gailmary

• badger
    edited July 2021
    Options

Hi Gailmary, I'm in the southwestern part of the state, in the beautiful Driftless Area.