Fill Out Your Profile to share more about you. Learn more...

Any ladies from WISCONSIN??

Options

Comments

• badger
    badger Member Posts: 24,938
    edited December 2017
    Options

I had hot flashes on the tamox and still get them from time to time but nowhere near as frequently or as intense. Two main SE from the anastrozole are an increase in general creakiness and bone loss. I take calcium with D and exercise. My onc wants me on Reclast or Fosamax but I declined due to periodontal issues. I've upped my exercise to add weights and have a DEXA scan early next year so fingers crossed.

• zogo
    zogo Member Posts: 19,230
    edited December 2017
    Options

I just had a genetic test run. I'm hoping it won't drastically increase my insurance in the future! Still waiting on results.

If you are supplementing with Calcium in any form, in addition to Vitamin D3, it is critically important to supplement with Vitamin K2. It will help the calcium deposit in your bones and NOT in your arteries.

As for diet, when I had a tumor found, I did a ton of research. The Ketogenic diet is the best way of eating for cancer. Not only does it reduce your risk of cancer, it also reduces risk of diabetes, heart disease and dementia. Many nutritionists were not trained on this and will suggest low fat, high carb. Be very careful and do research.

(I'd be happy to share sites if you want more information)

• vlnrph
    vlnrph Member Posts: 490
    edited December 2017
    Options

Zogo, did a genetic counselor at Froedtert order your test? That person should have explained that we supposedly have protection from discrimination under GINA in terms of health insurance. You should however have whatever life and long term care coverage desired in place prior to receiving results. Once a mutation is known, it may be more difficult to get policies at reasonable cost.

• zogo
    edited December 2017
    Options

Thanks, I hadn't considered that. Not sure I will be buying either of those anyway. Do you have them?

• zogo
    edited December 2017
    Options

Got a call from the genetic counselor at Froedtert this afternoon.

The only thing they found was a "variant of uncertain significance". Not really a concern based on the gene.

Outside of that, everything came back as All Normal Results.

Such a great Christmas gift!

• vlnrph
    edited December 2017
    Options

Good news for Zogo on the mutation testing result - there are VUS reports on so many genes which don't seem to interfere with their function that it will take decades to catalog and study them.

With my hubby having worked in the insurance industry for over 15 years, we realized the importance of long term care coverage quite a while ago. I usually tell people that should they have a couple of daughters (even better if one of them is a nurse) they might not have to worry too much about the cost of assisted living or nursing homes!

Special holiday wishes for peace, health and a happy New Year.

• badger
    edited December 2017
    Options

Normal is good! Merry Christmas!!

RE: long-term care ins, read your policy for a clause that requires a nurse on-site 24/7. My parents bought an LTC ins policy that didn't cover dad's memory care because it wasn't considered to be "skilled nursing care." He was in a great place that took a big bite out of their savings.

Happy Holidays, everyone!

• moonflwr912
    moonflwr912 Member Posts: 5,937
    edited January 2018
    Options

Happy New Year!

• midwest_laura
    midwest_laura Member Posts: 114
    edited January 2018
    Options

Happy New Year, Wisconsinites!  

• cookiegal
    cookiegal Member Posts: 527
    edited January 2018
    Options

Happy New Year Wisconsinites.

I saw a lady on the subway with a sorta sharp Packer coat, and it made me miss mine which was lost years ago.

I haven't been back to Wisconsin in more than 5 years, I need to do something about that.

Cheers!

• vlnrph
    edited January 2018
    Options

In hibernation mode the past two weeks with this deep freeze going on outdoors!

It's seems to be too cold to snow (but the sun is shining brightly) - Cookie, plan your return visit during one of our “tough sledding" months...

• badger
    edited January 2018
    Options

Happy New Year everyone and hey cookie!

Here's something amazing to start your year with your best foot forward.

• moonflwr912
    edited January 2018
    Options

cool Badger!

Finally back in the land if the living. Dont get this flu if you can help it. 5 days of fever and general ouchied. Yuck.

Hope everyone is enjoying the warmth!

Much love to all.

• badger
    edited January 2018
    Options

Hi all and welcome back to the land of the living, Monica. Hope everyone is safe and warm. Left work at noon ahead of the storm and glad I did. The temp dropped 30 degrees between the time I left and when I got home. The snow went north of us but I'd rather have had snow than freezing rain. The mailbox was frozen shut and I had to pound on it with a rubber mallet to crack it open and get the mail!

• moonflwr912
    edited January 2018
    Options

Badger, thats awesome! You never think a mallet is a mail necessity! LOL

• midwest_laura
    edited January 2018
    Options

Got around 8 inches here near the IL border.  It was fun watching our small dog "bounding" through the snow that was as high as her shoulders.  I think she had fun.  She was happy to jump through the yard looking for thrown toys that fell straight to the bottom of the snow.  She's definitely not a scent hound.  Needed to show her where each and every one of those toys landed.  

Hope everyone is staying warm.  

• moonflwr912
    edited February 2018
    Options

Got some snow on Saturday. DS1 came to sniwbliw, as he akso did the same for his wifes parents. At least we live near each other! LOL

Finally started back to my exercuse class ladt week. Had to wait for my scar to heal after my port removal. You know it hard to get back in the rythm? LOL

Much love and

Happy Valentines Day to all

• vlnrph
    edited April 2018
    Options

It’s both April Fools and Easter today - since no one has posted since Valentine’s, I figured it’s time to update!

We spent some time in Arizona but now I am back to orchestra rehearsals in preparation to wrap up the season.

Also doing a little genealogy research and trying to decide if there are archives in Europe which would help to go back further than the early 1800s. Many records are not on line yet...

• moonflwr912
    edited April 2018
    Options

Happy Easter and Passover.

Been feeling pretty good for a change.

Hope evetyone else is too. LOL

• badger
    edited April 2018
    Options

• midwest_laura
    edited April 2018
    Options

Love that picture, Badger!!!

• badger
    edited April 2018
    Options

I saw this meme and thought of the folks who just got two to three feet of snow!

• badger
    edited May 2018
    Options

OK finally Spring! Here's a tune to celebrate. Written by Tony Rice, inspired by his little dog Tipper running "at Mach 1" along the water's edge in FL. It makes me smile to know that, whenever I hear it. For sure will make your toes tap. Mary, there's some righteous fiddling.

Headed to the Stoughton Opera House tonight to see Hot Rize. Hope all are well and enjoying life. ♥

• vlnrph
    edited July 2018
    Options

Uncomfortably hot+humid here again, after our crazy spring and boiling over Memorial Day weekend! We're thinking about a trip to Canada later this summer in order to escape the heat. Spent our honeymoon in Newfoundland 35 years ago...

• zogo
    edited July 2018
    Options

Cool breeze has moved in, YAY! So nice to open the windows. Our local fireworks got rained out, but has a full crowd for the replacement show last night, on the 5th of July. Happy Summer, Ladies!

• moonflwr912
    edited July 2018
    Options

was a bit busy for the holiday. Heres what my husband and I are dealing with.

He had Bicycle accident and broke his neckimage

• zogo
    edited July 2018
    Options

Oh NO, That does not look good, Moonflwr!! How did it happen?

• moonflwr912
    edited July 2018
    Options

he was riding his bike on a path and hit a littke depression of a flower bed. Went head over heeli s and broke his neck. Waiting to see if it heals.

• badger
    edited July 2018
    Options

OMG! ((Monica)) No blueberry picking at the farm this summer. Pls give my regards to your hubby.

• moonflwr912
    edited July 2018
    Options

oh, theres blueberry picking, just not by him! LOL. His brother brought a five gallon pail home for him. Gonna have to make jam, because we cant eat that much, even if its a super food! LOL

He is antsy and wants to do too much. So I arranged for a neighbor to walk with him every morning, and his brother comes every night. Keeps him From trying to do more. LOL