Fill Out Your Profile to share more about you. Learn more...

Any ladies from WISCONSIN??

Options

Comments

• moonflwr912
    moonflwr912 Member Posts: 5,937
    edited July 2018
    Options

Family picture the weekend before his accident. image

• moonflwr912
    edited July 2018
    Options

This was taken the weekend before the accident. image

• vlnrph
    vlnrph Member Posts: 490
    edited July 2018
    Options

What a great photo (the family reunion, not necessarily the hospital patient - but at least he’s smiling! Or is that big grin from the pain meds?)

You could all show solidarity by making and posing in similar fashionable headgear, you know like people who shave their skulls when a spouse is going through chemo. Be sure to attach antennae so you can get communication from the mother ship...

Seriously, I hope he’ll recover uneventfully. You’re probably glad it wasn’t worse

• moonflwr912
    edited August 2018
    Options

all my female relatives told me to BEDAZZLE his head gear....LOL

• vlnrph
    edited August 2018
    Options

wishing I had another amusing observation to make but sadly, I seem to have metastatic disease in my spine.

There will be extensive surgery on my back tomorrow at Froedtert plus a 2-3 month recovery. The staff here is great. I am now becoming a professional hospital patient...

Hopefully I'll get a chance to check in every so often and look for some more funny pictures so don't disappoint!

• badger
    badger Member Posts: 24,938
    edited September 2018
    Options

((Mary)) sorry to hear that news, can't send pix on iPad but can send u some hugs.

Monica hope yr hubby is doing OK. Heckuva summer, eh?

• moonflwr912
    edited September 2018
    Options

Mary, Im so sorry to hear that. I hope you are healing up from sx, though as fast as you can. hugs.

Stan is waiting for another CT. The first one showed signs of bone growth, but well have to wait and see.

Well. So far a hell of a summer. DD2 is pregnant. Had bleeding leading to my taking her to ER 2x in the middle of the night. Her DH is on 3rd shift of course. Finally leading to 2 weeks off. Leading to her and 3 year old moving in to my house. Cooking, cleaning and laundry for 4 people! Yikes. Been years since I did that! LOL. Baby is doing ok so far, but still bleeding, so off for 2 more weeks. But shes at home, friends helped her get the house straightened up, and a meal train going. Hoping DGD1 gives her a break though. Sigh.

Then theres the small matter of our neighborhood sewerbackups. Had to hire diaster cleanup crew and dumpster. Lost many things, including my ornaments made by hand.

Sucky summer...

Mr Chrisapillar is gone. image

In here...image

• vlnrph
    edited November 2018
    Options

Hey Monica/Moonflower: Hoping your autumn is going better than last summer! Did your hubby's neck heal OK?

I recalled his hospital photo when I was fitted for a cervical-thoracic brace earlier this month. My baseline PET scan in late October described an enlarged tumor between my shoulder blades, where I had been feeling pressure since the 5 level lumbar fusion. My surgeon referred me for interventional radiology which fixed a couple of upper vertebrae with bone cement. That outpatient procedure ran late so I got to stay overnight at Children's Hospital on a former maternity floor (Froedtert's overflow area)

Now the spine doctor, who initially put me in the orthotic and the IR guy who I won't see until next week can't tell me when I can stop wearing the thing and start driving again. It has been a long time since the onset of back problems and it would be so nice to start feeling more normal...

• vlnrph
    edited December 2018
    Options

I was on the radio this past weekend. Here's the recording from the Medical College of Wisconsin (hope the link works!): my section starts around the 30 minute mark.

https://www.stitcher.com/podcast/mcw-department-of...

• moonflwr912
    edited December 2018
    Options

im glad you had Dr Soliman! Hes wonderful! He was our 2nd opinion and he took his time explaining everything. Im sorry that happened to you, though. As for taking the cervical colkar off, Stan still puts it on when he gets tired. Takes it off to drive. But he likes sleeping anyhow but on his back.LOL but they did an xray on his neck1 before they told him to start raking it off for a while.

• vlnrph
    edited January 2019
    Options

Heard you are buried in snow and getting ready for a deep freeze! We got out of town just in time and are beginning our second week on the gulf coast of Florida...

My tumor marker dropped down into double digits earlier this month so we decided to get away before I have the scans which will confirm that the treatments are working.

• moonflwr912
    edited February 2019
    Options

yay! Emjoy the trip!

• vlnrph
    edited March 2019
    Options

Long winter is finally over! Crocus are blooming and daffodil shoots coming up...

Had a PET scan earlier this month which showed reduction in tumor activity so the three agents seem to be doing their job. Will be planning some travel between injection/infusion appointments while feeling good.

• moonflwr912
    edited April 2019
    Options

Hope everyone is doing well on here. Mary, are you recovered from the sx?

• vlnrph
    edited April 2019
    Options

After the snow last weekend, my mom sent me a message that said “You may think it’s April but it’s actually the 96th of January”...

It will really be spring by Wednesday, May 1 when Komen Wisconsin holds a metastatic breast cancer conference in downtown Milwaukee (at the Manpower HQ) with a reception the night before at the Westin. Cost is $15 which I figure covers the food - lite breakfast, lunch and snack. Scholarships are available.

Some topics on the agenda will be of general interest: genetics,palliative care, diet/exercise, etc. Nationally known speakers. Anyone else thinking of joining me?

• moonflwr912
    edited April 2019
    Options

Im not going, but have fun. Unfortunately, Spring may be hard to find! Going to snow tomorrow! LOL

• zogo
    zogo Member Posts: 19,230
    edited September 2019
    Options

Well, here we go again. Here in MKE it was HOT one minute (like 89*) and cool the next.

Sure hope we still have some more warm weather in store before the winter comes back.

• moonflwr912
    edited September 2019
    Options

couple of gorgeous days!

• zogo
    edited September 2019
    Options

Absolutely! We went to see some live music outdoors this evening by the river in Milwaukee. Such a lovely evening!

• moonflwr912
    edited September 2019
    Options

i alwsts think September is the best month in WI. And not just because its my Birthday month! LOL

• vlnrph
    edited September 2019
    Options

Me too Monica - maybe we're twins!

• zogo
    edited September 2019
    Options

Happy September Birthdays, Ladies!!

• moonflwr912
    edited October 2019
    Options

thx! It got pretty cold now, though. Work up this AM it was 37. Yuck.

• vlnrph
    edited October 2019
    Options

First snowfall overnight - it hung around for several hours too, not melting right away!

• zogo
    edited October 2019
    Options

just a dusting here this morning

• sondraf
    sondraf Member Posts: 1,595
    edited October 2019
    Options

Im originally from Wisconsin (Kohler) and spent my summers there, even though I grew up and went to school elsewhere. My parents moved back (juuusstt north of you Moonflwr, on the lake. I know Port well) in 2007. Was actually home end of August/early September for a visit and it was so nice to just sit outside and look at the trees and gardens. There is a special kind of light that side of the state and while I don't miss the winters,I do miss the summers, fall, and into December.

We are starting to consider moving back to the Milwaukee area about this time next year, so I am happy to find other ladies who may be able to recommend oncologists and the like.

• moonflwr912
    edited December 2019
    Options

nice to "meet" you Sondra. Yes I love Port. Mu daughter lives in Plymouth. Merry Christmas

• zogo
    edited December 2019
    Options

With the Loooooong winter we had last year, I'm kind of enjoying the mild temperatures and don't really even mind not having a "White" Christmas.

Merry Christmas!

• goldensrbest
    goldensrbest Member Posts: 660
    edited December 2019
    Options

Moved to Richland Center at beginning of October after 10 years in Ohio, 2 years in New Jersey and 51 years in Michigan.

• moonflwr912
    edited December 2019
    Options

Merry Christnas and Happy New Year! Nit to mrntion Happy Hanukkah!