Come join others currently navigating treatment in our weekly Zoom Meetup! Register here: Tuesdays, 1pm ET.
Fill Out Your Profile to share more about you. Learn more...

Microfat grafting or BRAVA doctor recommendations

Options

Comments

• beacher4209
    beacher4209 Member Posts: 259
    Options

Hi, could anyone please tell me the name of the fat grafting website everyone talks about? I tried fat grafting .com and org ,not it, thanks

• beacher4209
    Options

thanks Danctrancer!!!

• beacher4209
    Options

Another question, is there a thread for capsular contrature? i ask the questions on this thread cause its the best info place.....

• dancetrancer
    dancetrancer Member Posts: 2,461
    Options

Thought you all might find this radio interview with Dr's Khouri, Coleman, and Khoobehi interesting!

http://www.voiceamerica.com/episode/57715/fat-transfer-the-skinny-on-fat 

• leeinfl
    leeinfl Member Posts: 46
    Options

Super interesting & very informative!  Thanks Dancetrancer!

• mormor1
    mormor1 Member Posts: 38
    Options

Really enjoyed the radio interview...you ARE phemonemal on finding great links, Dancetrancer!  Have pasted some others in a file to get to sometime.  There's always more to learn!

Thanks! 

• dancetrancer
    Options

Thanks guys, but I can't take credit for this one - someone else posted it on the FG board.  I just wanted to make sure others on the bc board here had a chance to hear it!  

• Kate33
    Kate33 Member Posts: 1,936
    Options

Not sure if I posted this or not but Dr. Lawrence Koplin (Beverly Hills) does use the droplet method for fat grafting.  His contact info is at drkoplin.com.

• beacher4209
    Options

kate, How did you find this out? I remember u and i had spoken about that i know i called and thet said they did... what have you revealed? hmmm so im guessing you are not using him now? We both liked him so much WHAT A BUMMER!!

has ANYONE actually used dr. Greenberg in Palo Alto i have spoken with her office and have a pending consult BUT i would like to know if she has actually done Dr. K's procedure? I know she has great potential as i think Dr.Trott does but i got to be honest i really do not want to be one of the first,i know one of has to, but i just can't. I do not have the pain tolerance or emotional strength for a maybe result, but if anyone has has good result with either of them, please let me know thanks

• beacher4209
    Options

ooooohhhhh KATE i just reread your post HE "DOES" use droplets im such a dunce sometimes!!!! Yay!!! again though was it just the office people who told you or what cause like i know we both  talked to the staff and were feeling a bit unsure but if you know for sure  YIPPPPPPI ! LETS ROCK THIS SURGERY!

• Kate33
    Options

beacher- Dr. Koplin recommended I hold off on any more surgery for now (for various reasons).  If I do need or want to do more fat grafting in the future, as of now,I would definitely go with him as he has the most experience of anyone I've found so far on the west coast.  I found out about the droplets from his staff but will try to ask him directly.

• DanielleR
    DanielleR Member Posts: 2
    Options

Am new here Lee but think you may be one of the Go To gals on Dr. K!  Had saline implants textured 550ccs put in 5 years ago after diagnosis of bilateral disease.  RT implant deflated at 18 months and Left 2 weeks ago -- ugghh.  Am lean and athletic and am considering going to Dr. K in Miami to take them out altogether and give me a small and comfortable mound.  I live in GA and have younger kids -- is he really the best?  And will I need the Brava with these large "pockets" already?

• leeinfl
    Options

Thanks DanielleR - I had my exchange over a year ago and only regret is that I didn't find out about Dr. K sooner.  I went from 600 cc silicone implants to 300 cc implants with fat grafting.  It will be your choice if you want to do that or if your goal is to be totally implant free.  The amount of grafting sessions needed will depend on that decision.  There is a forum dedicated to microfat grafting called fatgraftpatients.com - it has stories and photos that would be very helpful to you. 

• beacher4209
    Options

i forget Lee,did you have radiation? Did you get cc before the Fg? I cant remember so many of us on here ...unfortunately

• DanielleR
    DanielleR Member Posts: 2
    Options

thanks Lee for the quick response.  Is the fat dying a concern with Dr. K's work?  That's the question I keep being asked - -what's the long-term success rate? 

• leeinfl
    Options

Beacher - no, I didn't have radiation and no CC, but my one implant rolled to the side and also had a good sized dent and no cleavage whatsoever.

Danielle - Survival of the fat grafts is always a main concern and surgeon skill and technique make a HUGE difference.  Dr. K has perfected his technique through the years and has excellent success rate.  Have you been on his website?  Miamibreastcenter.com

• EileenKaye1
    EileenKaye1 Member Posts: 166
    Options

I have an appointment with Dr. Christina Ahn--on December 8--consultation for implant with fatgrafting.  If anyone has any information regarding results with Dr. Ahn, please let me know.

Thanks, Eileen

• geewhiz
    geewhiz Member Posts: 671
    Options

Eileen, Dr Ahn has a wonderful reputation in the fatgrafting world. She is very skilled and very caring and compassionate too. You are in great hands with her. You can probably find some of her patients to speak with on these threads or in timtam's picture forum. Whippetmom can surely connect you with others who have used her.

• Kate33
    Options

Eileen- I think Jessicav had a consult with her on the 21st.  You could PM her and see what her impressions were.

• capqueen
    capqueen Member Posts: 10
    Options

Hi Eileen

I used Dr. Ahn for fat grafting to increase volume after a unilateral TUG.  She is great.  Very concerned about aesthetics and willing to take as much time as necessary to get things perfect (if that's what you want).  She is using the BRAVA system for fat grafting and feels it gives a better result.

• EileenKaye1
    Options

Kate33-thanks--I have PM to Jessicav- her appointment was switched to December 8. Will inform forum members--concerning consult results.  Her office staff seems to be quite efficient.

Capqueen--thanks for letting me know.  How was the recuperation time? --I am looking for someone, who is concerned about aesthetics--as I am a uni--and will also need a lift.

If anyone has any other information, concerning Dr. Ahn--please let me know.  Eileen

• dancetrancer
    Options

Eileen - gothamgirl on the fatgraftpatients.com board saw Dr. Ahn for her augmentation only (no hx cancer) fat grafting.  

• EileenKaye1
    Options

dancetrancer--thanks--will check the fatgraftpatients.com site

• mormor1
    mormor1 Member Posts: 38
    Options

EileenKaye1

TSM (previous BMX and implants for recon) also has used Dr. Ahn for her implant removal and fat grafting.  I think she is almost finished now.  You can find her on fatgraftpatients.com too.

• capqueen
    capqueen Member Posts: 10
    Options

hi

I didn't have work done on the other breast.  Just the fat grafting.  Recovery was not bad at all.  Was very sore from all the lipo (little bits all over) but went to work after one day at home.  Just moved a bit more slowly!

• EileenKaye1
    Options

wisconsinrandi--thanks--could not find TSM listed on this forum--would like to PM a note--to find out more about Dr. Ahn--Is she also on this forum?  Thanks, Eileen

• kareenie
    kareenie Member Posts: 97
    Options

Hi Eileen, I think Randi meant TFM.  I don't know if that is her screen name here or not.

• EileenKaye1
    Options

could not find TFM on memberg list.  If anyone  knows--please let me know.  I will contact this forum member. Eileen

• beacher4209
    Options

hello, is there anyone out there that has had the micro fat grafting on radiated breasts that were in pretty bad shape from rads and also had an implant in, and how how are you doing now ? how long ago did you haveit done? did you take the implant out,and do the brava system (which i have read is the only way for radiated skin) i have been on "fatgraftpatients" web site but still nobody with radiated damage tissue i could find if some could direct to somethere that would help also thanks

the reason im asking is i have been researching alot and consulting alot as some of you know ha ha , so i recently met with my original ps and he was very nice  and  tried to explain to me how fg would NOT work on my foob. He did say the diep would be a good way for me to go but would not do it because he feels i could not handle the pain, but gave me some refferrals to other diep ps's the reason i wanted to meet with him was cause he knows what he did in there and i needed to be sure it was rad pain. if anyone can direct me with FG patients with rad damage PLEASE let me know  thanks to u all oh  ya P.S. My ps also took the time to read Dr Khouri's info ,i had sent him the one question in FAQ's on the website asking about radiated skin and fg. So i do not think he was blowing me odff at all he really is showing concern i do the right thing for MY situation which as i said is bad rad tissue. I told him how confused i was at this point he just told me to Please keep researching. he also said he could see how the brava would work on healthy skin and alot more info he shared with me about it soooo Please again i need more info,i really want to do my surgery in Feb whatever it is