Comments

• denny123
    denny123 Member Posts: 1,529
    edited December 2019

Goldie...yes my Xeloda is free.

• nicolerod
    nicolerod Member Posts: 2,877
    edited December 2019

Thanks...I think Goldie or someone showed me silicone socks a while back but i can't find the link. So thanks for the number denny I will give it a go.

• bct9876
    bct9876 Member Posts: 8
    edited December 2019

Sisters,how have you dealt with bilirubin issues on xeloda? My mom completed 3 cycles at 3000 mg 14/7 and now had a bilirubin of 1.5 before she was to start her cycle 4.doc asked to wait for a week and test again.it became 1.7 and after a day it became 2! All other liver parameters are within normal limits without any major changes from last tests.

Doc says not to continue chemo as its affecting liver .Her tumor markers decreased by 30% on 3 cycles and didn't have any major side effects.

Anything that can be done for this bilirubin?

• nicolerod
    edited December 2019

bct...so sorry to hear that!! I just started so I don't have any input. I hope that doesn't happen to me. How many liver Mets does your mom have?

• denny123
    edited December 2019

bct- is your mom taking any non-FDA approved supplements? The ones from China with unknown additives are too hard for the liver to process, thus they damage the liver.

• nicolerod
    edited December 2019

So the other day I posted here mentioning that I was having some twinges of pain in my right kidney...it went away the next day and today I went for my CT scan with contrast..when they pricked my finger for blood they said my creatine was little high??? I understand that has to do with kidneys...I am wondering now if it is in fact the Xeloda? I have not had more pain? I did message my MO just wondering if anyone has any info?

Also Goldie..and others I think you mentioned something about nail polish is that a no-no? Tonight I put on a clear top coat and I felt like I feel the coldness of it..like as if my nail felt thin? Should I take it off and avoid nail polish?

• snooky1954
    snooky1954 Member Posts: 850
    edited December 2019

Nichole, My creatine is high also, as well as my BUN both have to do with kidneys. I don't know if I'm flushing out the excess Zeloda or what. Start to drink water with lemon in it. It helps kidneys. Neither of these two levels were high before Zeloda

• goldie0827
    goldie0827 Member Posts: 6,835
    edited December 2019

I don't think you need to take the polish off, but what do I know! I wore polish, but my nails became very brittle, and my hands so ugly, that I quit wearing the polish as I didn't want to draw attention to my ugly hands, same with my toes. You also need to watch for lifting of the nails, which you can see with clear polish.

Now mind you, I never did have pretty hands. But the wrinkles are thick and rough to the touch, and then the dryness and cracking. Cuticles dry and tough too.

imageimage

• Topacio
    Topacio Member Posts: 34
    edited December 2019

imageHi every one,

Regarding The Xeloda, The toxicity goes to The hands and feet,

Drink allot of water

I use to wash my hands and feet with baking soda , use it as scrub ....and use a moisturizer...

I use the udder cream but in my case the only cream that help me is the one who are recommended for after radiation.

I want to be clear that this procedure help me... I don't know if will help anybody else.

• nicolerod
    edited December 2019

I drink between 60 - 70,80oz of water a day and I only weight 95 lbs...so that is a TON of water for my weight it is well over double the amount recommended

• Kattysmith
    Kattysmith Member Posts: 688
    edited December 2019

Wow, Nicole! I'm lucky if I remember to drink 4 to 5 glasses of water a day. I like water and always have a glass of it next to the couch and I sip on it throughout the day, but I am not good about pushing water, even though I know I need it to flush everything out of my system as well as just general hydration.

It's not like I'm drinking other things during the day... I'm not except for coffee in the morning... I just forget and it makes me feel so full at times that it suppresses my appetite and I don't need that right now.

PS I'm just commenting, not looking for ways to up my water intake. I have a lot of tricks to make myself drink more water, I just don't always remember to use them!

• nicolerod
    edited December 2019

Yeah Katty I have to...I have always had issues with my bladder long before cancer...I had Interstitial Cystitis and now with all these dyes and chemo etc...I need to keep my body hydrated and flush out anything that might irritate my kidneys or bladder... so I am prime example that drinking a lot of water doesn't prevent Stage 4 * SMIRK* .... lol

• Kattysmith
    edited December 2019

Girl, you are SMART to stay so hydrated!

• nicolerod
    edited December 2019

Well Ladies...first week down...and I feel good. Now this is my off week...I am thinking that if SE's are gonna hit it will be next week after another full week. :) Thanks for all the info and advice thus far.

• denny123
    edited December 2019

I agree with the bladder stuff...I wrote a month or so on here asking if anyone had bladder pain. I thought that I had a UTI, but tests were negative.

Now I realize that it was probably because I didn't drink enough water. But I DO! Probably 8-10 glasses a day. Now trying to drink even more.

• Jjzn
    Jjzn Member Posts: 114
    edited December 2019

Goldie

I am new to Xeloda I will be starting it soon after progressing on verzenio. But wanted to tell you to talk to your pharmacy or go to verzenio website. They have a drug program where your copay is zero for 12 months. I really liked verzenio it was an easy drug. Unfortunately it only lasted 4 months for me. Good luck!

• moderators
    moderators Posts: 8,502
    edited December 2019

Hi Jzjn! Welcome to our community, and thanks so much for sharing that tip! Always a good idea to check for discounts and copay relief.

The Mods

• dorimak
    dorimak Member Posts: 89
    edited December 2019

I'm on seven days on and seven off Xeloda for a few months. By Sunday my feet are on fire and hard to walk on and my hands hurt too, but they usually start to heal on Monday of my week off. But the end of this past week off my hands were still really sore and feet a bit so MO told me to take a week off. But my question is on nausea. I've only had slight nausea but I'm on day 9 with no Xeloda and I've been feeling really nauseous for over a week. I've had brain Mets and am worried that may be causing the nausea. Has anyone has nausea that continued on week off Xeloda

• nicolerod
    edited December 2019

Hi Dorimak...I just started Xeloda this past week...also 7 on 7 off... this is my off week. My hands and feet are fine right now. I did have some bouts of nausea though sporadically. I didn't take the nausea meds they give yet because I want to wait till it gets where I can't bear it because I heard the nausea meds can be constipating and I have issues with that. Did they give you anything for that? So did it take you a few weeks/months before your hands/feet started bothering you?

• denny123
    edited December 2019

Dorimak..I have been on X for 2 years, but only 2,000 a day at one week on, and one week off.

I get slight nausea now and then and I like OTC Emetrol the best.

Also, my hands and feet feel on fire a lot. Today I took a Motrin 200 mg and it does seem to help.

• [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Member Posts: 760
    edited December 2019

😢my tumors are still progressing after 3.5 months on high dose of x. I appreciated all the help and hints here.

These 3 stubborn liver tumors are frustrating. Had an mri last week and it found a bunch of smaller liver mets that the ct missed. MO believes they have been there awhile.

The next (3rd) line is doxil- my cancer has not seen an anthracycline. I also will be tested/mapping for y-90 in Jan. Hope I qualify. had a new port put in yesterday. 1st port caused a dvt so they put me on low dose elequis blood thinner.

The battle is hard but I am in it and plan to win it. Heading over to the doxil thread. Bless you all.

Dee

• nicolerod
    edited December 2019

So Sorry Dee....ughh I feel like Goldie is the only LONG term success story with X....can anyone chime in...has anyone had success on X (besides Goldie) for longer than 8 months??? If so what grade is your cancer and where are your mets :)

• ann273
    ann273 Member Posts: 122
    edited December 2019

I know Shetland had success on it for about 2 years.

Im not sure Id call it successful for me. Its removed a liver met and progression to other organ (since april and until now), but does not seem to have any effect on my bone mets :/ So Ive been biding my time on it. My MO seems to think bone mets are a more manageable beast so he wanted to hold on for another month and see what heppens. I know Goldie had bone mets the whole time on Xeloda so my best hope is my case is somewhat like hers so I can wait around for better treatments.

Hugs,

Ann

• nicolerod
    edited December 2019

Thanks Ann for the info :)

• Kattysmith
    edited December 2019

Dee, I 'm so sorry to hear about your progression and I hope that Doxil will be much more effective. Not the news you needed to hear during the holidays, but I hope that you can still find some peace comfort, and enjoyment.

Katty

• denny123
    edited December 2019

Sorry Dee...Can you have Gemzar? It did a great job on my huge liver mets 17 years ago.

• nicolerod
    edited December 2019

Can anyone help ...so yesterday I developed these 2 tiny white bumps towards the back of the roof of my mouth over night they developed like 2 more they are in a group they do not hurt...I thought it could be thrush??? but it doesn't look like the pictures on line?? Any ideas? (I did send a message to my MO asking if it could be thrush?)

• snooky1954
    snooky1954 Member Posts: 850
    edited December 2019

Nichole, This is just my experience of thrush. First, mine did not look like bumps. My tongue was covered with a white substance. The biggest clue that it was thrush was the absolutely AWFUL taste in my mouth.

To get some relief, I would put baking soda right on my tongue and brush it around. (a dedicated toothbrush) Also, you can use hydrogen peroxide deluded 50% with water and swish it around in your mouth. They have a prescription for it that you just switch In your mouth but, it did not work for me.

Thrush usually (not always) shows up right after a person has been on an anti-botic because it messes with the stomach flora. Taking antibiotic helps too to get you back in balance.

First thing is do you have thrush?

• Topacio
    Topacio Member Posts: 34
    edited December 2019

hi everyone,

If anybody can Guide me, or give me advice.... Maybe DEnni 123 or someone that live in Ontario and had gone through the same?

I was in the trial climbher2+

Anyway, the Company is planning to unblind the patients that have got the placebo.... (Tucatinib)

But they will take a while until they unblind so I will have to be with no treatment until then .

the only option the doctor is giving me is ADRIAMYCIN, I read about it in the Internet and I not very happy about the option.

I don't understand, because I read too many patients going through other better medicamentos and advance medication and here I am with the option of this very strong Quimo.

By the way I just recently two weeks ago got gamma knife in my Tumor and is working so I don't know if I shoul wait or go a head with the adrim

Please anybody can help me?

Thanks

• nicolerod
    edited December 2019

For those of you that were with me on Ibrance....omgosh guess what the white things are in the mouth... :(:(:(

Canker sores!!!!! UGHHHHHHH I started the dexamethasone now and I am going to swish it like crazy!!!!

For those that didn't know me then I suffered bad BAD with canker sores so bad that I had to go off the cancer meds for almost a month for it to heal...

I went to the dentist this morning he took a pic and I was like omgosh it looks like canker sores he said ..YES it certainly does..he's like...are you sure they don't hurt...Im like...NO THEY DONT???? Sure enough they are starting to hurt a little now :((