Come join others currently navigating treatment in our weekly Zoom Meetup! Register here: Tuesdays, 1pm ET.
Fill Out Your Profile to share more about you. Learn more...

Radiation recovery

Comments

• katehudson25
    katehudson25 Member Posts: 1,939
    edited April 2013

Hi Suzannah,

Thank you so much. I am so glad you could see the photos. I posted one more photo of my granddaughter Riley and her dog Roxie.

xoxo,

Kate

• katehudson25
    edited April 2013

I<object name="Slideshow" id="Slideshow" width="425" height="425" align="middle" codebase="http://download.macromedia.com/pub/shockwave/cabs/flash/swflash.cab" classid="clsid:d27cdb6e-ae6d-11cf-96b8-444553540000"><param name="movie" value="http://www.shutterfly.com/flashapps/flashslideshow/Slideshow.swf" /><param name="flashvars" value="configurl=http%3A%2F%2Fws.shutterfly.com%2Fshare%2Fexternal_slideshow_config%3Fsid%3D0AauWjJi4cuGrqg" /><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always" /><embed id="Slideshow"  width="425" height="425" name="Slideshow" align="middle"  quality="high"  type="application/x-shockwave-flash"  flashvars="configurl=http%3A%2F%2Fws.shutterfly.com%2Fshare%2Fexternal_slideshow_config%3Fsid%3D0AauWjJi4cuGrqg"  pluginspage="http://www.adobe.com/go/getflashplayer"  allowscriptaccess="always"  allowfullscreen="true"  bgcolor="#869ca7"  src="http://www.shutterfly.com/flashapps/flashslideshow/Slideshow.swf"></embed></object><p style="width:425px;margin-top:0;text-align:center;"><a href="http://share.shutterfly.com/action/welcome?sid=0AauWjJi4cuGrqg&eid=118">Click here to view these pictures larger</a></p> hope you don't mind if I bore you with one more photo of My daughter Mindee and my 2 oldest granddaughters Riley and Maddie

• katehudson25
    edited April 2013

The last photo is my Daughter Mindee, and my two oldest granddaughters Riley and Maddie. In order to view each photo press the bottom where it says share shutterfly

• josie123
    josie123 Member Posts: 1,749
    edited April 2013

Nice pics Kate, you have a beautiful family!!

They take after you.Is that a Goldendoodle?Cute dog too!!

• katehudson25
    edited April 2013

Hi Josie,

Thank you. What is a goldendoodle?

• joan811
    joan811 Member Posts: 1,980
    edited April 2013

Kate, your family is stunningly beautiful!  You look so happy....and with all you were going through, I am in awe.
    It's so worth it...take those pix with you Monday and fix your eyes on them...
    I pray for low SEs and the best possible outcome.
    Hugs & prayers,

Joan

• joan811
    edited April 2013

Hi Susannah from NY, good to see you again!
    Hugs,

Joan

• joan811
    edited April 2013

I think I forgot to mention...my trip to NYC and the meet-up with BCO sisters went well, except for one who couldn't come at the last minute.  It is like being with people we've known most of our lives...and NYC is a great place to visit, eat, walk and just blend in with the rest of the world!

• katehudson25
    edited April 2013

Hi Joan,

Thank you so much for the wonderful compliments. I am going to take my laptop Monday to chemo, and I have all the photos downloaded on it. If I get one negative thought I will look at my family's photos so I can think positive again. Thanks you so much for the well wishes. You have always been so sweet to me.

I hope all is well with you

xoxo,

Kate

• SusannahW
    SusannahW Member Posts: 375
    edited April 2013

Hi Joan, good to see you too!

• RunFree16
    RunFree16 Member Posts: 649
    edited April 2013

Beautiful pictures Kate, thanks so much for posting them!  Your family really is gorgeous.  Those pictures will be a great comfort I'm sure.  I love your story about seeing Danny De Vito!  That would be such a cool thing about southern CA.  My sister and I went to a wedding in Palm Springs last year and she saw Marcia Cross in LAX!  I lied and said I'd seen Ryan Gosling, but she saw right through it.

Lynn, I too have really fair skin and it has done quite well with radiation.  It's hard to predict.  I'm also an awful hydrator, and after a couple of days I gave up pushing myself.  I already do reasonably well getting protein, but I wasn't able to improve on that front either.  The one virtuous thing I've done is get about 30 minutes of walking in almost every weekday, and I've run a little on weekends most weeks.  Maybe the exercise is helping fend off fatigue, but I'm not sure.  My fatigue hasn't been much beyond my usual so far.  I used aloe gel until the boosts started, and now I'm using calendula cream.  I have Aquaphor and emu oil waiting in case I need to try something else.  The weather here is finally beautiful, which just raises my happiness level across the board.

• katehudson25
    edited April 2013

Hi Runfree, Thank you for the compliment. So cute about you lying that you saw Ryan Gosling. I much rather would have liked to seen him or Bradley cooper than Danny De Vito lol.

Suzannah I totally forgot who you were, and that you were part of our old group. So nice to see you back.

xoxo,

Kate

• SusannahW
    edited April 2013

Thanks for the welcome back kate! It's is such a warm and loving group, I couldn't stay away, I misses all of you.

RunFree, I found my daily walk helped me enormously and increased my energy. I did get pretty tired toward the end of rads, but always felt better after a walk.

• SAB
    SAB Member Posts: 1,121
    edited April 2013

Kate, you are beautiful and so is your family!  I think you should embrace the name Joyce, because it describes the joy with which you live your life.  

Hi Susannah.  We just couldn't move on, here we stay, still together.

RunFree, If I lied I would pick George Clooney. Is my age showing?

Joan, so cool that you had a meet-up.  Was it like a blind date?  Was everyone as you imagined them?

Who's finishing up this coming week?  Kate, we're all here, in your pocket on Monday darlin. I have the candiied ginger ready! 

• rmlulu
    rmlulu Member Posts: 1,501
    edited April 2013

Hi Kate - beautiful family...thanks for sharing your pics with us:). Many happy memories. Glad they will just be a click away during your journey to chemo land.

Busy adding some girlie sparkles to your magic coat...think I'll transfer your pics to fabric so that your family will be hugging you too! Special coat with lots of pockets...cake ball dispenser and beverage center...and music too...(((squeeze)))

Cindy

• RunFree16
    RunFree16 Member Posts: 649
    edited April 2013

George Clooney, Bradley Cooper, OR Ryan Gosling, all fine by me!

• katehudson25
    edited April 2013

Hi Sab,

Thank you for the wonderful compliments. Thanks also for telling me how to post photos on here from fb. I used the info you gave me amd played around on shutterfly to finally be able to post photos. Well we have the same taste, because George Clooney can put his shoes under my bed anytime. I adore him.

Candied Ginger is perfect. Thanks for being in my pocket. You are always more than wonderful to me, and I so much appreciate it.

xoxo,

Kate

• katehudson25
    edited April 2013

Hi Cindy,

Thank you for the wonderful compliments. OMG how sweet you are! Girlie sparkles to my magic coat is perfect( as you can tell from my posts I am a girlie girl) Transfering pictures to the fabric so my family can hug me too OMG how wonderful is that. Cake balls. beverages ( I'll have chardonnay) and music too how nice is that.

I want you to know I am crying tears of joy because of how much you have touched me with your beautiful post. I will read your post again Monday so I can feel your support and love, and the love and support of all my bc sisters.

You are truly a sweetheart

xoxo,

Kate

• katehudson25
    edited April 2013

Hi Run free,

George Clooney or Bradley Cooper can put their shoes under my bed anytime 

xoxo,

Kate

• katehudson25
    edited April 2013

Dear bc sisters,

I want you all to know how truly touched I am from all your love and support. I've told my family about so many of you, and they think it is so wonderful that you are so supportive of me. Surely I know that you all have health issues, and still take the time to be supportive of me. I also want you to know that your support will help me kick cancer in the butt. When I am a little down, and vent you all bring me such positive messages and vibes, and then I am positive once again. I believe that being positive is the single best thing I can do to beat cancer, so I so much thank you for building me back up when I am down. On Monday while I am doing chemo I will read all your inspirational messages of love and support. Besides family and friends I cherish your friendship and support too. I will post from chemo too, if I can.

Bladder cancer doesn't know who they are messing with. They thought they were just fighting me. They didn't realize that I have an army of strong, beautiful. courageous bc sisters in my corner fighting my battle too.

xoxo,

Kate

• joan811
    edited April 2013

SAB, not really a blind date because we have talked so much on line....and I had seen photos of all but one.  Turns out the person I didn't know is also from L.I. One person could not come at the last minute, and she was very disappointed and so was I. 
    So, yes, everyone was as I had imagined...and we had an easy, fun day with non-stop talking.  BC sisters are so genuine and caring. 
    I'm looking forward to my trip to SFO and am spending a lot of time finding an apartment to rent instead of a hotel. 

Kate, I hope you make Sunday a cancer-free day and do whatever you want. 

• SAB
    SAB Member Posts: 1,121
    edited April 2013

Joan-An apartment will be nice, especially if you're staying awhile.  I hope all your plans come through, and will gladly travel or host if you have time!

• brooksidevt
    brooksidevt Member Posts: 1,432
    edited April 2013

Kate, your family is absolutely gorgeous!  Clearly they take after you.  Your latest post is so beautiful and touching.  When you bring your inner and outer beauty to the hospital tomorrow, I am sure your inner glow will touch those all around you. (You do know, don't you, that you do not need to interract with them for them to see the real, warm, and loving, Kate?) 

• april485
    april485 Member Posts: 1,983
    edited April 2013

Wow, keeping up with this thread is not easy these days!

Kate, your family is beautiful! You can see the resemblance to their mommy. BTW, we share more than BC. My real name is Joyce too...LOL We will be there with you tomorrow so no worries. Just close your eyes and think of all of your support!

Joan, glad you had fun at the GTG.

Gotta run as I am going to the grocery store and get it done early and so heading for the shower. See you later gators.

• SusannahW
    edited April 2013

Joan, what is sfo?

• katehudson25
    edited April 2013

Hi Brookside,

Thank you so much for all of the compliments. The best compliment of all was you telling me i have inner beauty. It is so nice of you to give me so much support.

Hi April,

Thank you for the compliment. Another thing we have in common is that we are both American Idol fans. Who do you think will make the finale? Who do you think will win? I think Candace and Angie will make the finale, although I am hoping for Candace and Kree. I think Angie will win, although I think Candace should win.

I will definitely close my eyes tonorrow and think of all my support. I need to  visualize the magic coat Cindy has made for me with photos of my family hugging me. I will do fine tomorrow. I can't miss with the love and support of family, friends, and all of my bc sisters that I call friends too. Bc sisters are always there for me. Naturally I don't want to vent to my children, so I vent to my bc sisters. and all of you always bring me back when I am down

xoxo,

Kate

• katehudson25
    edited April 2013

April,

I forgot to ask how you are feeling? I am hoping that you still feel good. So glad rads is over for you.

xoxo,

Kate

• SusannahW
    edited April 2013

Kate, I second everyone who knows how strong you are and respects your inner strength. No matter what, we all know you will face tomorrow with your usual couragen and be fine. I will be there in Cindy's coat pocket, thinking of you, and sending you love and hugs.

• katehudson25
    edited April 2013

Hi Susannah,

Your post was so nice and I truly appreciate your support

xoxo,

Kate

• lemon68
    lemon68 Member Posts: 301
    edited April 2013

Kate- Will be thinking of you tomorrow. Love the pics! Hope today was a nice relaxing day for you. Lemon