Come join others currently navigating treatment in our weekly Zoom Meetup! Register here: Tuesdays, 1pm ET.
Fill Out Your Profile to share more about you. Learn more...

Radiation recovery

Comments

• RunFree16
    RunFree16 Member Posts: 649
    edited August 2013

SAB, good idea to look for a Whole Foods or someplace similar, thanks!  Brookside, that's true about their being an RO on call, I'm sure, and I am grooving on the Lily Tomlin reference.  My breast situation is in this stage of being unpleasant enough to complain about to all you lovely people, but not unbearable.  It also looks and feels a little better when I don't wear a bra, confirmed again today when I switched to a camisole in the evening and it improved.  The breast is not warm to the touch--that is apparently a real mastitis symptom.  Sew, did yours get warm when it was zinging you post-rads?  I am going to keep treating the symptoms and hope it doesn't get worse.  If it gets too bad, not to worry, I'm not very stoic and will take action.  I appreciate all the advice and support.

SAB, I heard bone, muscle, and joint aches are known SEs of Tamoxifen.  Those were some of the ones I was most concerned about.  Scary because of course we worry about bone pain anyway.  Are you keeping track of where it is and when it started and so on?

Josie, I haven't weighed in yet on your job situation--it sounds ghastly and absurd and horrible and upsetting.  Some people were just raised by wolves.  It's great that you've come to a decision about what you want, and I hope you can find a way to use your abilities that is also self-protective.

Welcome 2tails!  It sounds as though you are on an even keel.  I hope radiation goes as well for you as it did for me and some other lucky ones here (not counting the nuisances I'm dealing with now).

• josie123
    josie123 Member Posts: 1,749
    edited August 2013

Run Free, just wanted you to know I hope your breast situation gets better soon.That really is uncomfortable.My breast still hurts from time to time.It is painful to sleep on that side .But the shooting pains stopped a little after Rads ended.

The swelling is still there and mine does feel warmer than the other.

Thanks for your sweet comments.I need to get it together and find something else sooner than later.

My PC is on the fritz and I will use my MOM's tomorrow.I redid my resume its still 3 pages though not sure how to condense it anymore.

We spent the day outside.Our lovely city decided that we needed to clean up our fence line and so they stuck a sticker to the door .We get 7 days to clean up the fence line.We thought we were doing pretty good at keeping it trimmed down.But it is very overgrown in the back fence.My hubby works 80 hours a week and I work 40.We keep the grass cut and the fence line is usually pretty good.Not perfect but better than our neighbors.Did they get a ticket?

We got about half of the fence done and now we can see the neighbors trashy yard behind us.Yeah US.I let my hubby do most of the trimming but I cut the front grass and bagged it(not self propelled)We burned a lot of the brush in our outdoor fire pit.Not sure how we're going to handle the rest.

The good thing is that we got to go out to eat tonight at Cracker Barrel.Pretty good.

• SAB
    SAB Member Posts: 1,121
    edited August 2013

Runfree it is scary. My problem is that I already had arthritis and sciatic pain before they found the bc. It makes tracking the pain difficult, as I almost always have some sort of pain somewhere! Probably due for some labs I guess.

• josie123
    edited August 2013

SAB I hope you feel better soon.Ouch .My first day of Tamoxifen I was a little achy .But bone pain.Oh my.That's not fun at all.

• MostlySew
    MostlySew Member Posts: 1,311
    edited August 2013

Sab, try falling out of that kayak 3 x a week....the swimming would probably really help the arthritis and sciatica. Sorry you've got them both....they're miserable problems to deal with.

Run Free, no for me the sharp pains aren't accompanied with a warmer breast. They just happen. My BC breast does throw extra heat when I've been remiss in doing my lymphadema massage. As soon as I do the massage, the heat dissipates. I've never found the sharp pains to be particularly associated with Lymphadema...as in, if I get swelling and increased heat in the breast I don't necessarily also get the sharp pains. It sounds to me as though your breast is still sensitive, may also have extra swelling and sensitivity due to LE possibly or pre-menstrual, and is simultaneously healing on the inside (sharp pains). I think your plan sounds good to have someone take a look before you take off on the next trip. And, if you we're taught how to do any of the LE massage, I'd recommend you do a bit of that because if nothing else, it might help the skin sensitivities and speed up the nerve ending healing. Just a thought. Hope it gets better soon...

• joan811
    joan811 Member Posts: 1,980
    edited August 2013

Hi, just checking in from my home "staycation"....

Welcome to all the new ladies....I know it can be difficult to hear about side effects after surgery and treatment.  Just remember that many of us had minimal issues, and that when you hear about a number of side effects, they did not all happen to one person. 
    I had a very easy recovery from lumpectomy and returned to work in a week.  In hindsight, it would have been better to take more time; I was just so determined not to "be sick"...  And I had an uneventful radiation experience.  I am claustrophobic and hate to lie still for anything...so I brought my iPod and relaxing oils to inhale right before; and sucked on a listerine tab...treatment is very brief and I did fine. I had itching and a few tender spots, but within two weeks my skin was mostly healed.  Wishing you all rapid healing.

Kate, I am sorry you don't have a clear answer yet; but you are right about being a young and determined "older woman".  I hope that your choices become more clear. Keep asking the questions....also I had a feeling that your doc would want you to continue chemo....how is your arm?

Runfree, I love Quebec City...so sorry you are uncomfortable and worried.  You should report your symptoms.  It is possible they are not direct SEs and may respond to some treatment.  It sounds pretty miserable at the moment.

SAB, I thought of you when I posted those words....Be the wind beneath your daughter's wings...and let her fly.  There will be days when you flap wings with her...just not for her.  HUGS!

Bunkie, I hope you are over the hump...hang in there...I know this is hard for you.

• joan811
    edited August 2013

So far, the home vacation is a good idea.  Day 1 - breakfast outside on Main street in  town...9 holes of golf on the North Fork....afternoon wineries with snacks....dinner at a country restaurant...back to our little town to have a pastry on the porch of the bakery.  A full day! Day 2 - breakfast from our favorite deli, brought to the beach...read a book, walked 2 miles...dinner at a Country Manor Inn (nice)...movie *Elysium - don't recommend.  One day left....no housework or yard work!  It feels so good that we didn't spend huge bucks and hours in the car to reach a destination.  We are grateful for our days off.

• SAB
    edited August 2013

New ladies, I have been on Tamoxifen for 1.5 years or so with few side effects. Don't let this little bump in my road worry you!

Sew I think I must have been a cat in my last life...I can barely bring myself to get in the hot tub, never mind swim!

Joan, your days sound so lovely and relaxing! Enjoy, and don't you dare pick up a garden tool!

Josie I would be spitting mad, you are so nice and even. Dh and I moved to the woods partly because we didn't want to deal with neighbors. Of course we still do have to, just less.

Midnight time to rest. Who knows what kind of workout torture

dh is dreaming up for tomorrow!

• 2tails
    2tails Member Posts: 23
    edited August 2013

Thank you everyone for your encouraging words. Joan811 I also returned to work a week after excisional biopsy but I also could have used an extra week. I got through it unscathed but put myself through unnecessary discomfort.

I appreciate all of you who have gone out of your way to let me know that rads may not be bad for me and not get stressed about what has happened as far as unpleasant bumps in the road for others. Rest assured I understand that everyone reacts differently and my journey will not be the same. In the words of Leave it to Beaver "I'm not ascared Wally"!

Your posts have helped me tremendously in getting prepared. The tips on skin care and bras, camisoles and tanks are priceless in my arsenal of preparedness.
  • RunFree16
    edited August 2013

I had my lumpectomy on Monday and was back to work on Thursday for my long teaching day, and my students didn't know.  I didn't miss a single day from radiation and wasn't tempted.  For me the hardest part of radiation would have been the driving, but my friend lined up daily drivers for me so that became a real joy.  The other hard part was lying still because when someone tells me to be still, I immediately get itchy somewhere.  I learned to send my mind somewhere else in my body for long enough to get through it.  I did "deep inspiration breath hold" radiation which meant holding my breath for about 25 seconds, longer a few times so they could get an image.  That went fine too, although apparently people really vary in how long they can hold their breath.  My skin got red, but not really painful even though I'm very fair-skinned.  This bunch of symptoms now really is just a recent thing.

Sew, what a great idea to do my LE massage!  Thank you!  Never once thought of it.  Thanks to you and Josie for the info about how your breasts feel post-rads.  Mine feels and looks better this morning.  I'm hopeful maybe it's on the mend.

Joan, we came to QC 15 years ago when our youngest was in a stroller and we found it is not a very stroller-friendly city, so we promised ourselves we'd be back.  It's so beautiful.  I just read Bury Your Dead by Louise Penny, which takes place here.  For a history buff, it's like a living laboratory.  I also love the French language, although I've forgotten most of what I once knew.  And pastries.  Mon dieu, the pastries.....

• katehudson25
    katehudson25 Member Posts: 1,939
    edited August 2013

Runfree I am glad you are feeling better. Joan my arm is still swollen and bothering me. I am waiting for the imaging place to call me to schedule the ultrasound. Thanks for asking. My 12 th chemo treatment is tomorrow and it will ne 12 out of 18. Then I will have two weeks off till my long chemo and appointment with 2nd opinion urologist all on the same day.

Today Tracy and I are going to see Blue Jasmine. I heard it was very good, and I am looking forward to seeing it. 

• rmlulu
    rmlulu Member Posts: 1,501
    edited August 2013

Hi y'all

2tails & Grammy - welcome! Amazing warriors on this thread:)

Joan - stay vacation sounds perfect:)...we're all checking in Labor Day:)))

RunFree - glad girl is doing better and your on holiday :)

Bunkie - hang in there...your resolve is strong...hope each day is easier and SEs are lessening!

SAB - what did DH come up with for today's adventure? Hang tight with dd...it's hard but it works tough love :)

GiGil - prayers to your dad and family...Coles a trooper...fishin time soon:)

Josie - we're all coming down to your office to give them an ear...then we'll head over to your house and work on side yard and fence. Ummm, you're so steady at work...what's your mantra ..so hum...I am:) calm confident :)))

Janis and Sew- (((squeeze))) keep us steady and smiling:)

Kate - yum...sip...:) pocket party tomorrow ...pocket cleaning now so twirl!

Hope you are able to get away to the Windy City and family during your 2 week break.

Sending healing thoughts and prayers for arm, bladder, lungs, spirit :))) brave warrior!

Did 2 nights of dancing...my joints ache...gonna head to gym to lift some weights.

Think I will try some self LE massage after...been doing Lebed DVD 2x a week, but still tender and swollen on side under arm...I want to kayak so bad, but afraid of hurting arm.

Ok 1st rep count French, 2nd rep German, 3rd Spanish...

Happy Sunday Evening y'all.

(((Hugs)))

Cindy

• joan811
    edited August 2013

Cindy, sounds like you are a "good" tired!  I like the multi-lingual approach...

2tails, you are right...everyone's experience is unique but we do share many things in common. 
    Runfree, so glad you got your return visit to Quebec City.  Our experiences after surgery are very similar.  I approached rads the same way...I do not remember breath holding except on set-up...but I knew I had to barely move and that always makes me twitchy.  I was fortunate to lie prone which is more relaxing.  Most of us had to reach for a holding spot and I remember that being a bit testy.  As for the camis, it gets messy with the lotions and at the end, sometimes marker...so never spend much on rads clothes!

Well, DH is waiting for me to take a boat ride...I demanded fishing rather than cruising...he just called and said the bait stores are closed.  No problem...will go for a ride...I am soooooooo tired from our "staycation" - we both took a 2 hour nap after lunch today.  Tongue Out 

SAB can't wait to hear about your adventures.

Kate, hope you enjoyed your time out.

Hi Brookside, I always love your practical side...your NYer is showing!  How is your job going?

• katehudson25
    edited August 2013

Cindy I love your posts. We used to be neighbors as I lived in Austin Texas before I moved to Santa Monica

• josie123
    edited August 2013

Joan glad you enjoyed your stay cation .I wish we could have done some fun stuff this summer.

Run free hope your feeling better and can enjoy the rest of your vacation.

Kate hope your arm turns out to be nothing serious.That kind of worries me.

Cindy, call before you come so I can prepare myself.

I'm not a confrontational person and I believe you shouldn't burn your bridges.So as much as I would like to give them a piece of my mind I emotionally can't.I get all shakey and nothing I say comes out like I want it to. I get nervous just having to go to my boss to ask her something.She treats me like an idiot.She approached me the other day in the hallway and was telling me about some missing patient questioners that weren't in her scan basket.Well she eventually finds the questioners along with the rest of the papers that needs to be scanned on someone else's desk.She didn't apologize or anything.She tried to make it look like I wasn't doing my job but it backfired on her.

I took my youngest DD to the movies today.It was our mommy and me day.We also bought her a new pair of tennis shoes.I think she enjoyed it but my nausea has been so bad today.I'm not sure if it's the Tamoxofin or what.But it comes in waves.Not always bad.

• RunFree16
    edited August 2013

Josie that is awful about your nausea.  That's another Tamox symptom I was scared of because I totally hate to be nauseous.  I hope it passes and doesn't come back!  I don't blame you for having trouble with confrontation.  It's hard for many people, I think especially many women.  I used to teach at an all-girls secondary school and this was a big topic.  I'm glad you had a nice day with your daughter.  Good therapy on both sides!

I am feeling noticeably better today.  Thank you all so much for your support through this little episode.  I am hopeful that lefty is really improving.  Today we went to the great waterfall outside Quebec City, Montmorency Falls, and also just walked around the old city more.  My daughter was very opposed to coming here because she's still buried in summer homework, but once she saw the city, she stopped her objections!

• josie123
    edited August 2013

Thanks RunFree, I have always been like that since I was a kid about confrontation.I guess some things never change.

Glad to hear your feeling better, just in time to enjoy the last part of your trip.

My nausea started Wednsday,It wasn't too bad Friday and actually none on Saturday but it's back today.I try to ignore it but that's really hard sometimes.

• joan811
    edited August 2013

Josie, I am not great with confrontation either, and I had some big ones this past spring.  The older I get, the better I get at it; but I have to really work at not letting my emotion show.  Sometimes I say a fervent prayer to just help me get through with what I have to say w/o showing my fears or tears.  It works, usually.
    As much as it is fun to do stuff, I really miss my kids and grandkids.  I like your mommy and me day. 
    I hope you are feeling better...I had a touch of nausea all day...and it seems that even after 1.5 years on A.I. drug, I still get flareups of the side effects. 

Runfree, I do hope you are healing and will be able to enjoy the rest of your trip. 

Cindy, I just caught on to your "checking in" comment...nothing would make me happier than to have a BCO reunion!  My house will be pretty quiet....DD is moving to Boston area that week end. 

My "staycation" is over...DH back to work in the AM...me getting house back together and keeping some appointments.   My DS from Chicago just called...we talked for hours about everything ... his job, books we read, the state of the world, bad high school memories...miss him so much.  We are so alike....

• josie123
    edited August 2013

Thanks Joan, seems every morning I don't have it when I wake up but it creeps back later in the day.I'm hoping for no nausea today.I'd almost take hot flashes over nausea.I know be careful what I wish for.Hope your feeling better soon to.

• SAB
    edited August 2013

Cindy I wish I would have read your post an hour ago--I might be at the gym now!  DH wore me out so badly on Saturday (hiking am and biking pm) that he eased up on Sunday.  We went to an art and wine festival.  But then he made me go look at bikes! A vigorous trip to Costco rounded out the day Smile

Josie and Runfree, that's the thing about these tamox side effects--at least for me--they seem to come and then go rather quickly.  Small favors.

Joan napping is one of my favorite parts of vacations.  Glad you squeezed one in! Nice moment with DS.  Sometimes it takes distance to bring us ever closer to those we love.

Beyond understanding but I did get called back for a second interview tomorrow.  I told my dd the younger that I can't imagine how poorly the other candidates must have done for them to call me back in and she promptly started making up stories about  how the other candidates blew their interviews (brought an aggressive pet, severe flatulance, etc.) and it was nice to laugh with her.  I am very well qualified for the job, and will leave my pets at home, so keep your fingers crossed!

• april485
    april485 Member Posts: 1,983
    edited August 2013

Hi Ladies!

I know it has been awhile and I am sorry, but I have been going through a lot of issues since starting aromasin and my joints ache so badly that it is hard to type and since I type a lot at work, I have to keep my extra-curricular typing to a minimum. This drug is hell, at least for me. I know Cindy is doing well with it, but me...not so much.  I did have my first mammo last week since diagnosis and I passed with flying colors - phew!

Josie, sorry you have a jerk for a boss. Hope things improve for you.

Sew, sorry about your SIL!

Janis, your Dad is unfortunately able to decide who to leave his estate to, despite the witch manipulating him unless you can prove he is not competent in a court of law. Maybe if APS gets him alone, he will divulge that he is afraid of her? Could be the case and I would call them to at least investigate further although of course you will alienate the soon to be wifey big time and she may take it out on Dad so tread lightly here for sure.

Sab, break a leg on the interview!

Gigi, glad your hubby is doing better after his stroke!

Joan, enjoy that stay cation! Wish I had the time for one myself. I used a lot of my time recently with doc appts etc.

Bunkie, I love Whole Foods! The closest one to me is 45 mins away which is doable but wish one was closer!

Welcome 2tails!

Kate, I know that you are strong and whatever is decided about surgery, you will handle it all. You are a Princess Warrior after all! xo

Cindy, glad you are still leading all of the cheers for everyone :)

Run-free, hoping you feel better soon.

Forgive me if I left anyone out but the brain fog from Aromasin is awful! When I see my MO on 9/17, I may opt out. She told me to give it at least 90 days and so that is what I will do...big sigh. It really is that bad, at least for me. I feel AWFUL and also am mildly depressed which I never am. I was always upbeat before this drug!

Still not smoking! YAY! It will be 4 months. I am really proud of that one.

OK, have to get back to work. Just wanted to pop in and send my love to you and have some of your pocket party cake balls Janis!

xoxox MWAH! Love to you all!

• katehudson25
    edited August 2013

Josie, sorry about your nausea. Runfree so glad you are feeling better. Sab I hope you get the jub. April so glad you are smoke free.

My chemo was canceled for today. Nt red blood cell count was low. I think that this treatment is canceled forever, so I only have 6 more left. I am VERY concerned about anemia, because anemia cases hair loss. I am going to discuss this with doc and maybe the rest of my chemo can be stopped or possibly cut down to 4 tyreatments. I won't do them if they cause me to be anemic. So now I at least have two more weeks off and I am going to party in Malibu on Friday. After that I will be without Tracy for a month. She is going on vacation to China.

• SAB
    edited August 2013

Congrats on being smoke free April!  That's a tough one.

Kate, I know you can do 6 more, you are a warrior!  Sorry about your blood work.

Josie (and Joan too) are you pretty sure the nausea is from AIs?  I just wonder if you guys might be experiencing something else...heat, dehydration, gluten, etc.  Just a thought.

• brooksidevt
    brooksidevt Member Posts: 1,432
    edited August 2013

So nice to hear from you, April.  Big congratulations on no more smoking.  What an accomplishment! Not so much the joint pain--we want to hear from you!  My MO gave me suggestions for fending off joint issues.  Not sure whether it's the same for all AI's, but have you tried claritin? 

Kate, all the way over here on the east coast, I think I heard you cheering when they said you couldn't have today's chemo. Hoping those red cells will be back to full strength really quickly!

RunFree, so glad Lefty is behaving!

• josie123
    edited August 2013

SAB yes I'm pretty positive the nausea is from Tamoxofin. But luckily no nausea today.

Good luck on the interview.What kind of job is it?

April, nice to hear from you.We thought you fell off the face of the earth.Sorry about your joint pain though.Hope it improves soon though.Depression too?

Oh man, maybe you should have gone with Tamoxofin.

Or was that an option?

The kids are going to six flags tomorrow.My oldest DD and her bf is going to.My youngest is bringing her friend.So Sarah is going to be responsible for 2 10yr olds and her 15 yr old autistic brother.Andy's really excited.He is really looking forward to it.

I'm off tomorrow but I really dislike six flags why pay $43 if you only ride 2 rides?

We don't have a lot of Money this week anyway.I was going to work on the backyard instead.

• MostlySew
    MostlySew Member Posts: 1,311
    edited August 2013

April, good to hear from you. So sorry about the joint pain. Is Aromasin one of the AI's like Arimidex? If so, there are about 7 of those drugs out there, and often the MO's have you take a break for a few weeks to a month, then go back on one of the other versions. This frequently manages to eliminate the side effects, although you may need to try more than one of them. I hope this type of thing will work for you....the last thing you need is bone pain.....

• gigil
    gigil Member Posts: 916
    edited August 2013

April good to hear from you. Congrats on not smoking. That takes a lot of courage. Sorry to hear about the miserable side effects from your AI. Hope you either find one that is a bit easier for you to tolerate, or opt out.

Kate, sorry to hear about your blood work, but glad you have a respite from the chemo.

Josie, hope those kids have fun at Six Flags and you get some alone time. That is better than a trip to an amusement park any day.

SAB and Joan, I love a good nap also! It puts everything into perspective. Joan glad you had such a nice visit with your DS. I have a DS also who is a kindred spirit. I love that we have that bond. Isn't it a sweet thing? I also have a DD that I enjoy that kind of connection with. My oldest son is more distant. He has a wife who consumes his every free moment, sadly.

RunFree your travels sound wonderful. I would love a vacation. Today is the first time I have had a day to myself for a long time. I am loving it.

• RunFree16
    edited August 2013

April, HUGE congrats for sticking to your no-smoking plan through all of this!  Depression, joint pain, brain fog--all things I would think could make a former smoker crack, but look at you!!!  I agree with Sew and Gigi's point that there are other AIs you could try that might be better for you.  My MO thinks the AI drugs are tougher than Tamoxifen in terms of those kinds of side effects, so you might ask about Tamoxifen too.  Can you see your doctor sooner than 9/17?  That's a long time to be miserable and in pain.

Kate, it must have been a relief not to have that chemo today, even if the low red count is a bit sobering.  I hope you bounce back from that fast.  Do you know yet whether you'll need to do anything to raise your red cell count?  I was anemic after childbirth and I remember cramming myself full of spinach and raisins and steak, and also taking iron pills (with a stool softener of course!).  Anyway I'm glad you get the extra week off. 

SAB, that is great about the job--fingers crossed! 

Lefty woke me up in the night with more fiery prickly itching.  Sigh.  But it settled down again by mid-morning.  The skin certainly looks better than it did a couple of days ago, and I'm getting more fortitude about not scratching. I am looking forward to getting my RO's insight about this.  I just hope she has some ideas for how to solve it.  When I saw her in June she was a bit stumped, and it's much worse now.  I did the LE massage this morning and I'll keep that up, because the breast is a bit swollen.  Ultimately this is all pretty small potatoes, in the big scheme of things.  One more day in Quebec City and it's a wonderful trip despite this itching nonsense.  Gigi, I am so sorry you can't take a vacation.  I am spoiled with my work schedule, frantic and buried for about 32 weeks of the year but mellow the others, with opportunities to travel when my husband and kids are able.  This is a short trip, 5 days (and visiting my mom for 4 days beforehand), but it does feel like a real escape.  Joan, I love staycations too--we've done those as well.  But I don't wait for a staycation to take a long nap.  :)

• joan811
    edited August 2013

April, it is good to hear from you. 
    Do you feel you are recovered from the breathing problems and any SEs from the accelerated rads?  The A.I. drugs can start with some real kickin' SEs...it is my experience that most of the SEs come and go.  If at all possible, try to let your body adjust.  I had a lot of immediate joint pain and and aches and leg pain.  It did lessen...I had to switch from Arimidex to Femara and it is better overall.  As Sew has said, sometimes it is beneficial to switch.   I wish you well...

SAB, good luck with the call back! LOL with the funny stuff from DD...i wish you well.
    Re: nausea...I have some off days with Femara; but mine could have been from too much good eating...it's better, finally.
    Gigi, I hope you enjoyed your day ... I love when I have choices of how to spend a day...you are right...it is special to have a connection with a grown up kid...mine is trying to find his place in life and is struggling...sometimes it breaks my heart...I hope he finds his passion in life. 
    Josie, I hope your kids have a great time at 6 flags.  I always loved to go; but last time DH lost his prescription glasses lens on the roller coaster and begged off rides forever....we had to spend the rest of the day at the dolphin show LOL...I am kind of glad my kids go by themselves now.  except Disney World...I love when they invite me.

• truebff
    truebff Member Posts: 322
    edited August 2013

Hi Ladies, It is so nice to come back to this great company here. Sorry about the reason we met this way, but you all continue to inspire me so greatly.

GiGi, did you ever decide to take AI's or not?

April, I am so sorry for your troubles with the AI's. I am the queen of side affects, so I opted out. I take a natural one from a Chinese doctor. It is such a personal choice and often, either way,  a hard one to make.

Sometimes, I too feel like I need to express milk from where the duct was removed. I have some fluid that builds in my breast and chest wall, chest lymphodema. It doesn't show much, but I feel it a lot when I have it. I am still consdiering getting a fat transfer for the area of my lumpectomy. Seeing that dr in two weeks.