Come join others currently navigating treatment in our weekly Zoom Meetup! Register here: Tuesdays, 1pm ET.
Fill Out Your Profile to share more about you. Learn more...

Radiation recovery

Comments

• joan811
    joan811 Member Posts: 1,980
    edited February 2014

Well, it is snowing ... again.  Just a little. 
    The week end went so fast.  My accomplishments:  eating out at an Irish Pub; cooking some meals for the week at work; throwing out an entire contractor black bag filled with papers no longer needed...That's about it.

And Josie, yes, it is OK to sleep in.  I have been doing that a lot...Dh woke me at 7:30 today and I really needed an extra hour or two. 

Will try to catch that sleep now...
    Have a good week ahead and don't forget to mail your valentines :-D

• gigil
    gigil Member Posts: 916
    edited February 2014

Bunkie so sorry to hear about your friend.  Hugs to you.  I hope you get some sun and relief from dreary weather.  You deserve some comfort food.

It has been too,long since we have heard from Kate.  Wish we would have asked her to ask her doctor friend  to keep us posted.  There is no way for us to check on her.

Have a good week dear friends.  I will keep checking in.  Love, GiGi

• pat01
    pat01 Member Posts: 913
    edited February 2014

Well, I seem to remember that Kate said her Dr. friends name was Tracy, and she was a plastic surgeon.  I googled Santa Monica plastic surgeons named Tracy and came up with this

http://www.drcordray.com/

Could this be the right Tracy?

• rmlulu
    rmlulu Member Posts: 1,501
    edited February 2014

Good Morning Y'all

Just thinking...hospitals admit us with no personal stuff...jewelry, wallet, cell phones, iPads...maybe a wig and a pj or hoody, but nothing really...buck naked please, so not responsible for loss or theft...you get where I'm going.  Dr Tracy was going to be there right after surgery and then had a trip scheduled...so Kate's acess to us would then be gone. So we wait with fingers&toes crossed knowing our Kate is strong and the love of the med/surg wing...arm candy walking the halls...glamming up for her Oscar red carpet stroll :)

Joan - off to PO with valentines...:)

Josie - joys of family in business...sleep in :) did you begin tami? 

SAB - luv image of kitchen bake off. We did family night once a month (3 generations) to share recipes and enjoy each other's skills and stories:) fun never mastered the apple pie, but my Apple Betty is great!

Another brr day in TX...whimpy nothing compared to you NoEastern gals.  Need to paint the closet, truck crash repaired, so I can unpack wardrobe boxes...my SoCal desert attire is chilling.

Wild turkeys strolled through the preserve followed by dear...

Time for Lebed exercise.

(((Hugs)))

Cindy

Hey snow blowers...next year for y'all!

• brooksidevt
    brooksidevt Member Posts: 1,432
    edited February 2014

Yep.  I think that's the right Tracy.  Great detective work!

• SusannahW
    SusannahW Member Posts: 375
    edited February 2014

yes, I think that's the right tracy too!

• josie123
    josie123 Member Posts: 1,749
    edited February 2014

Maybe if nothing else she could have Kate contact us.With her being a physician she has to be very careful about Hippa laws and what she says.

• brooksidevt
    edited February 2014

I think I've seen on other threads that the Mods have been asked to try to contact members in similar situations.  Maybe in a few days, if we don't hear from Kate, we could ask them to give it a try?

• gemini4
    gemini4 Member Posts: 320
    edited February 2014

maybe just to be safe, Pat might want to delete the post with the link. That was an excellent find, though, Pat! :-)

• gigil
    edited February 2014

I think it is the right person Pat.  Good work.  We are not violating anything at all here.  We are not bound by any HIPPA laws here.  Kate has freely shared pictures, names, and we all know her medical information.  Tracy is her friend, and not her doctor.  It is all good.  If we don't hear something soon, one of us will need to make a call. 

• wyo
    wyo Member Posts: 165
    edited February 2014

Hi all

In all honesty- she can't really even acknowledge to us that she knows Kate. As a friend of course yes but as a physician even with all our good intentions and concern it could be seen as sharing information we would not have otherwise (hence our frustration). Its been over a week so I think its realistic to assume that if Kate was discharged she would have access to her computer if at home. If she is still in the hospital we just have to try and think positive- that she is where she needs to be doing what she has to do for a bit longer. I don't think we have to worry about the post with the link- its in the public domain and we have all seen her picture and her name. 

• joan811
    edited February 2014

wyo, I kind of agree ... it is up to Kate to contact us. She is either at home or in the hospital.
    I hope we hear from you, Kate.
    Very cold here, more snow on the way...
    I'll be up in just a few hours.
    Nite all....

• gigil
    edited February 2014

I am a lawyer and I have dealt with medical legal issues for years.  Tracy is Kate's friend, and is not her doctor in this case.  Nonetheless, it is fine to just wait to hear from Kate.   If some of you newer ladies would scroll back,  you would see that Kate has posted pictures of her FRIEND Tracy in the past.  No problem with doctor-patient confidentiality in this situation.  Just because Tracy happens to be a doctor, it is irrelevant.  My husband is a physician as well.  He is allowed to have friends, and his friends may have medical problems.  If he is mentioned to another friend in the course of his first friend getting medical care elsewhere, he is allowed to communicate in a non professional capacity about his friend.  

• katehudson25
    katehudson25 Member Posts: 1,939
    edited February 2014

Joan, Cindy, Bunkie, Josie, WYO, April, Lisa, Sew, Mewbc, Suzannah and anyibe else I may have forgotten thanks so very much for your support. So sorry, but i wasn't feeling well enough to post. I had some issues that got cleared up. I came home late Saturday evening, and had the God awful catheter taaken off today, THANK GOD! It was a relief. I see my surgeon thias afternoon. We have to work on a big problem I have now, My legs are twice as swollen as they were before. I can barely walk. With your, my family, and friends support I will get through this. Thanks so very much for you support

LOVE,

kATE

• gemini4
    gemini4 Member Posts: 320
    edited February 2014

so good to hear from you, Kate!  Glad the catheter is out, so sorry you're having leg issues. Fingers crossed that your appt this afternoon will help you move forward. xo

• SusannahW
    SusannahW Member Posts: 375
    edited February 2014

kate!!!  So wonderful to hear from you!!

Sorry you're having a tough time, but looking forward to happier days with you.  We are all here for you.

Xoxoxoxoxo

• josie123
    josie123 Member Posts: 1,749
    edited February 2014

OH Kate, I was sooo worried.I'm so glad your ok and out of the hospital.I'm sorry your legs are so swollen though.What's up with that? Keep us posted.

• rmlulu
    rmlulu Member Posts: 1,501
    edited February 2014

(((Kate))) - we're in your pockets! Overflowing:))) to hear your home, cath out, but sorry not feeling well and legs are so swollen...urr:(

Sending healing thoughts&prayers...best wishes for good appointment this afternoon and game plan.

(((Hugs)))

Cindy

• pat01
    pat01 Member Posts: 913
    edited February 2014

Glad you are OK Kate and home.  Everyone was worried.

I deleted my post with the link as you guys suggested.

• brooksidevt
    edited February 2014

Welcome back, Kate.  Please don't disappear again.  We're all here for you, whether the news is good or not-so-good.  Sending prayers for managing those leg issues. 

• new2bc
    new2bc Member Posts: 254
    edited February 2014

Hi kate,

I am so happy to hear from you. The first thing when I turned on my computer was to check and see if you have posted. Thank god you did. I hope the leg issues will resolve soon. You are a very strong person and you will get thru this. Please keep us posted when you can. 

• LiLi-RI
    LiLi-RI Member Posts: 160
    edited February 2014

Hi Kate - SOOO good to hear from you! I am sorry to hear about the new issues. but rest and heal. We are all here for you when you are ready - and when you need us!!!! Lisa xxoo

• RunFree16
    RunFree16 Member Posts: 649
    edited February 2014

I'm joining the chorus welcoming news from you Kate!  So glad you checked in, glad you got your catheter out and you're feeling better.  But no fair about the swollen legs!  I hope your surgeon has had some great and fast-acting ideas.  Welcome back!

• BigDBeatingBigC
    BigDBeatingBigC Member Posts: 228
    edited February 2014

Hi Kate!  I have been wondering who this Kate person is -- so much support for you in here!  Sorry you are having difficulties.  My legs swell, too, but not connected to my bc.  I have been wearing compression stockings for 5 years now.  But that's a different story .... Hope you are feeling better soon, Kate.

• MostlySew
    MostlySew Member Posts: 1,311
    edited February 2014

kate, im glad you could check in and are feeling better.  The gals here were about to send out the dogs to find you.  Sleep well at home in yoir own bed, that has got to help.

On a lighter note.....Run Free.......you haven't been anywhere near Bob Costas (nbc primetime host) have you?  Singing Lol.  That eye rash is so bad he looks like he's just disintegrating, and now it looks like it is spreading.  I sure hope you never looked that bad.....:D

• gigil
    edited February 2014

Kate so relieved to hear from you.  Those of us who have known you for so long were very concerned when we didn't hear from you for several days.  Glad to hear things are improving.  Now to figure out how to get the swelling out of those legs.  Feel better, dear friend.

• SAB
    SAB Member Posts: 1,121
    edited February 2014

Hello ladies.  I see that Kate has checked in while I was away from my computer and I'm so glad to hear from her.  Kate, I'm so sorry that you are in discomfort…I was hoping that you would have relief from that swelling.  We are all going to the doctor with you.

Janis I know just what you mean about the baking and cooking.  It evoked so many lovely memories for us.  Cindy I love the idea of the family in the kitchen together. If I could buy a home all over again (one day I guess we might) I would go for a big, homey kitchen and an attached great room.

Sew, you're so funny--but it's nice to know that we keep track of each other!

BigD do you have lymphedema?

It's been a long day and my bf is here from LA for dds show tomorrow. Goodnight all, and happy dreams :-)

• joan811
    edited February 2014

SAB, LOL I read that as "my boyfriend is here...."  now I will go back and read a bit.
    Have fun with your best friend and congratulations on your daughter's show!!!!
    You must be so proud....

• MostlySew
    MostlySew Member Posts: 1,311
    edited February 2014

boyfriend, girlfriend best friend...who's counting? Lol. Enjoy tomorrow, Sab, what a wonderful time you're going to have and such precious memories.  Give DD the elder a hearty congrats from me.

• joan811
    edited February 2014

Ok I read back a page...
    Hi Kate, and welcome home to your house and NO catheter.
    I am really bummed to hear you have swelling that is worse than it was.  I am clueless and can't imagine why it's worse.  I hope your doc can find some suggestions to relieve.
    Hugs and prayers for your complete recovery.