Come join others currently navigating treatment in our weekly Zoom Meetup! Register here: Tuesdays, 1pm ET.
Fill Out Your Profile to share more about you. Learn more...

Radiation recovery

Comments

• RunFree16
    RunFree16 Member Posts: 649
    edited February 2014

Joan, I hope your campus is closed today, as mine is.  Can you get text alerts on your cell?  We have that, in addition to email alerts and an announcement on the website.  I can't believe they would hold classes during spring break to make up snow days, or extend the semester.  People make far-ahead travel plans around break and graduation, no?  Is there anything you can do online when classes are canceled?  I don't teach on Wednesdays, but the snow day means all of us are home, and I don't have my office hour or a big faculty meeting.  I slept all the way until 7!  Luxury.  Then did an hour on the treadmill.  Soon I really have to knuckle down and get some work done.  Tomorrow will come awfully fast.

GiGiL, such a bummer about your Fitbit!  But yes, do contact them.  

Josie, stand-alone heart rate monitors start at about $30.  It wouldn't track steps or stairs like a Fitbit, but I saw one for about $70 that also tracks calories burned in all activities through the day which is pretty great.  (The Fitbit does give a calorie reading, but I don't really trust it, since I don't remember inputting a lot of information such as, say, age and gender.)  My hesitation would be that I might find the chest strap annoying, but that might not bother you.  I was just reading that more expensive heart rates are available without chest straps, but they are less accurate and you have to keep pushing buttons to get the heart rate reading.  Here is the one I saw that seems to be popular:

http://www.amazon.com/Polar-Heart-Monitor-Watch-Silver/dp/B001U0OFDC/ref=sr_1_3?ie=UTF8&qid=1391611225&sr=8-3&keywords=heart+rate+monitor

• BUNKIE10
    BUNKIE10 Member Posts: 670
    edited February 2014

Josie - We got 4 inches last night and another 4 this morning so far. I can not see my shrubs. My liac tree is all but covered and it stands 8 ft tall. We are all going to loose some plants and flowers. The snow is over my front door and it was all cleaned off Sunday. I just can not imagine the melt down if we continue like this. Talk about flooding. I have all the original crank iron windows in my home. Really tudor/cottage style but in need of repair or replacement. They never really seal so that lets in ants in the spring/summer. I even keep my storm windows in a few of them all year to keep things out. I just looked out yesterday and noticed ice jams in several areas where my roof runs down into the gutters. We have had so much ice build up they are all clogged and the water keeps freezing. Looks like a gutter cleanout/repair this spring. If we ever see spring.

I would be real interested in hearing how your DD managed to get off steroids. Have they checked her adrenals? That is where a lot of the problems come in. Her Crohns may clear up and allow her to come off but if her adrenals do not bounce back she is in trouble. That is what happened to me. My disease went into remission and I tried to stop the steroids....no such luck. Right now I am bouncing between 5-8 mgs and can not find balance. I want off so bad I would donate a kidney...well maybe not but you get my drift.

• MostlySew
    MostlySew Member Posts: 1,311
    edited February 2014

Hi Joan,  yep, it's cold out here but not nearly like what everyone back east is getting.  We're just cold with no water to warm up with.  At least we're no longer having no burn days (no fireplace use) these last few weeks so we can get warm.  My sister-in-law is doing quite well, thanks for asking.  She's finished chemo and is just waiting to start rads.  She intends to move back to Iowa at the end of summer but will close and sell her house in Fresno in the spring, after rads, and move up here to her cabin for the summer.  She's got lots to occupy her mind, although most of it has to do with disposing of 72 years of collections my brother had.  He never threw anything out.  Anything!  My brother-in-law is undergoing his second round of rads for bone mets in his hip this time (back last time) from prostate cancer, but apparently this will just be one huge blast.  They use it for pain control.  I don't recall ever thinking that the rads we all got would do a thing for pain control and only caused it, but apparently it works for bones.  They are then leaving 10 days later for Ecuador and the Galapagos.  No grass under their feet!  I do hope you've made it to work and back in what sounds to be not only miserable weather but also even worse conditions to drive in.

Josie, on the fitbit, pedometer, heart rate monitor discussion, I got a Garmin gps tracker for Christmas and did add the heart rate and foot pod monitor to it for my birthday.  It is expensive.  The Garmin doesn't do steps as Run Free reported, but it does do miles and calories burned, times etc. It also has very interesting stats about speed, and elevation etc. I have found that the heart rate monitor is interesting, but my rate is doing just what I thought it was.  I learned years ago in an aerobics class to count my pulse for just 6 seconds then multiply by 10 to figure out what it is, and sure enough, that still works.  I do also have an Omron pedometer, which is pretty accurate except it doesn't count all of your "incidental" steps during the day which is quite annoying since you have to take a minimum of 5 steps for it to count anything and the distance around my work space in my kitchen is just 4 steps to sink/stove/refrigerator.  I loose lots of steps Loopy  Bummer that the fitbit watch style wants to fall off, that gadget sounds great other than that.

Shout out to everyone else.......I don't post often, but it's great to hear what everyone's up to.

• MostlySew
    edited February 2014

My thought for the day

• justmejanis
    justmejanis Member Posts: 1,474
    edited February 2014

What a gorgeous picture Sew!  Mountains always take my breath away!

To all my friends experiencing yet another terrible weather event, stay safe please and try to stay warm!  :)

• BUNKIE10
    edited February 2014

RunFree - I can not remember if you posted that your rash was doing better. In thinking about health stuff you came into my mind. How is all that coming along? Did it go away?

• RunFree16
    RunFree16 Member Posts: 649
    edited February 2014

Bunkie, how sweet of you to ask.  Amazingly, the 6 weeks of Bactrim knocked it down, and I've been rash-free and itch-free without meds since early December.  Every so often my BC breast will itch a little, and today I had an itchy spot on my leg, but I smack it with my steroid cream and it slinks away again.  I hope that nasty experience is gone for good!  And I hope you start to figure out the right balance with your steroids.  What a marathon for you.

We got about 10" of snow today I believe.  Just stayed put and worked, and I still didn't get all my work done.  Waaa. 

• gigil
    gigil Member Posts: 916
    edited February 2014

Hey, did I miss it, or have we not heard from Kate in awhile?  Anyone know how she is doing?  I had a tooth extracted today.  The oral surgeon shot it full of a deadening drug with epinephrine in it.  He let me sit for a bit and then came in a stuck a probe into it.  I felt it a little, but I didn't say anything, because I didn't want more meds.  The extraction was not painless, but it was bearable.  However when I got home  and the novacaine or whatever wore off, it hurt like crazy.  He gave me a prescription for pain meds.  I didn't fill it.  Luckily one 200 mg of Ibuprofin and one extra strength Tylenol took the pain away.  My main job for the next several days is to keep heartburn at bay, since the antibiotic they gave me causes it almost instantly.  

No answer on the Fitbit yet.  I think they are going to ignore me.  My husband has a pocket model, but it doesn't give as much information.  Sew glad to hear the progress in regard to your sister in law and brother in law.  They are real fighters.  

Run, my husband has a mystery rash on his lower leg.  He saw a doctor today that thought it was caused from poor circulation and ordered a compounded drug for him.  I told him if I had to go to the Oral Surgeon, he had to go to the doctor.  He didn't want to do that, but he did it.  I think they might be on to something.

Joan, it has been in the 80's, but now will be in the 70's.  I like that better, actually, although it is nice to have some sun.

• SusannahW
    SusannahW Member Posts: 375
    edited February 2014

GiGil, I have the same problem with heartburn and antibiotics-the oral surgeon switched me to Penn VK I think it's called.

• wyo
    wyo Member Posts: 165
    edited February 2014

Hi all- crazy weather across the country that is for sure.  I did feel what can be described as wet drops on my head when getting the mail- not sure it really qualified as rain. 

Joan- your relative is brave to be buying in the bay area now- there is some sort of weird rebound going on and people are back to developing their "tenant resumes" and powerpoints and renting and buying for above listed prices- I think CA really is out of touch with the rest of the world when I see that.  Its not like we are not having major cutbacks and layoffs in several industries but there is always someone coming along who HAS to live in the area and is willing to pay.  I rent and will never buy real estate in CA, the rent is bad enough and if you buy a condo the HOA fees are like a second mortgage payment. 

I am keeping track and believe its been 2 days since we heard from Kate- I am thinking the initial "honeymoon" of post-op has worn off and she is working on serious recovery but keep watching the threads.

• SAB
    SAB Member Posts: 1,121
    edited February 2014

Hello Sew and Janis! Had to pop in and send you two a hug! 

I hope you are feeling better Kate!

I have the flex. Good basic info and syncs with my computer. Also syncs with my fitness pal. But what I really need to do is wear it in my mouth so I can't eat. 

Cuddled up in bed with pillows and comforter waiting to hear the lovely sound of raindrops!  

• joan811
    joan811 Member Posts: 1,980
    edited February 2014

If anyone here has contact with Kate outside of the threads, maybe you can give an update.

My campus had a late start today. I set my alarm for 6:30 am and found out I could sleep more - until 9:45. DH drove me to work.  I couldn't get into my building because a smoke detector had gone off and they had to call in the local fire department...so I just sat in the car for half hour.    I didn't know what day it was or what time it was after having Monday off and starting late today.  But I made it through and let my night class out early.  DH picked me up.  The roads were fine. 

Bunkie, you have given  me a lot of insight into what my DD is going through.  I do not know what her dose was or if she has been tested.  I will ask her as I think she should be closely monitored.  Her immune system is compromised over the years.  Fortunately the kids are in school all day so she can catch up a little.  I'll try to find out how long it took her to wean off.  One thing she told me is that her vegetarian diet wasn't enough...she added back some organic meat and fish. She had dental work done and her bones were not supporting her implants.  All these issues are "invisible" to most.
    Are you still having side effets even from the lower dose?  It sounds like you need it though.  Your house sounds so charming - too bad it has the structural issues and the resident ants.  Hang in there for spring and decisions.

Wyo, you are right about buying in the Bay area...they were looking to move to Portland but they have good jobs.  In fact, the tech industry is booming.  Properties are scarce in the city, and now in the burbs.  My DD in DC had to bid above the asking price to get her classic brick house in a nice neighborhood.  Very pricey.  I was shocked.  BAck to DS in CA - they put in a bid way over asking but the bank backed out of financing when it found that the condo corporation owners were living in the units.  Too risky for the bank (if they foreclosed, the corporation would collapse).  So no financing.  Someone with cash will have to buy it. 

Yesterday was my DS's BD in Chicago.  I sure miss him...now he talks of moving to CA and I do not blame him after this winter.

Gigi, so sorry about your dental work.  You are so brave...I take IV sedation for anything surgical.  And I have had post extraction pain that was awful...I remember alternating 2 rx pain pills with 2 xs tylenol every 2 hours until it finally went away.  I hope you are feeling better today.  Now Dh has a mystery rash?  It must be contagious around here.  Enjoy your beautiful weather.

Sew, love the picture and caption - so true!  I was driving home from work yesterday and noting how beautiful everything looks in the snow with the sun setting.  It helped me forget about stress.
    Your SIl surely has had a rough time.  Now to face all the belongings...it will be quite a task and an emotional one too.  Does she think she will get the job done quickly and move on?  And your brother in law...how sad that he has to go through so much.  I just hate cancer and how it ravages people's lives.  
    I got Garmin watches for my 2 DDs - will follow up and see how they like them.  The online features are cool if you have time.  They can add the heartrate feature if they want.

Run, glad to hear the rash is behaving...lying low.

Hi Josie, Janis, Susannah...Cindy, SAB & Kate if you are lurking...and others...
    Stay warm and be safe!  Next storm here is Sunday/Monday. I can wait.

• BUNKIE10
    edited February 2014

RunFree - That is great news. I have not been posting as much and thought I missed it. Yeah!!!

I too have been hoping we would hear from Kate but I know she has a lot to deal with. Our pretty in pink girl is fighting the good fight. Sending out good thoughts now that the tumor is gone.

Gigil - Glad that tooth is gone. It is always hard to be away from your reg Drs, DDs etc when things go wrong. I too try not to take serious pain meds for long. They make me llopy and dizzy. You sound so relaxed down there and I hope it will be a wonderful winter. You are not missing anything here in the midwest. I think mentally this escape after loosing your dad is perfect. I wish I could have done that after mom padded.

Our weather man announced this morning that we have had 70 inches of snow this season. Our normal is 23. We have had 15 days at -0. Our normal has been 5 days in the last 4 years. Lansing is cold in the winter but not this cold. Feels like Alaska and Feb is usually the worst. It will be -7 today with no snow. That has been the pattern. Warmer in the 20-30s with a ton of snow or clear with sub zero temps. I have never been a winter person but was able to get out more than this. I have to admit I will never be a cabin in the woods person because I do not like being stuck. I have to admit I am really missing Cali and Vegas right now. Even with all the drought issues. I remember in Cali I only used a space heater in the winter during Jan-Feb. Not used to this forced air heat cranking all the time. Even with my hepa on the furnace and hepas in my bedroom the dust is awful. Have been thinking about getting my vents cleaned when I do the carpets that are left in the spring. I see all the people on Pa are getting that awful ice storm we had in Dec. I feel for them all because it was the worst I have ever seen.

Joan - It would be great to get some insight from her on how she did it and her original dose. I have been between 10 and 4 the last 6 straight years. Regardless of my recent diagnosis of Addisons my endo did say it can be temporary and later we may visit a drop in dosage or again trying to get off. He just did not want me to be in such a crisis mode like I have been for the last 2 years. Your DD does need some monitoring and they say for a solid year after coming off you have to get a boost during very stressful times or you can go into crisis. That pred is one strong drug. Ugh.

• rmlulu
    rmlulu Member Posts: 1,501
    edited February 2014

Hi y'all

Brrr, blustery wind sleet 25 outside ugh:(. Hubby flossed his temporary crown down the drain last night...just 24 hours in...and then gone.  Now a drive in weather ugh...going to a Bday bash so will drop him off.  Receptionist said they would charge extra for his entertainment:).  Bday bash is 90 min away DDS is 45. 

Bunkie - snow snow go away!  Ease into your new dosage not to take lightly...stepmom just had pushed too low dr said.  Be cautious. You have a good sense of your body trust yourself:)

Joan - DH gets a big ((())) for being your chauffeur :) makeup days:(  bet class was out in a heartbeat last night. Our kids can't hold them close enough. 

GiGil - dental work ugh...and hubby too!  You're on vacation! Sunny days send our way...please.  Hope FitBit sends another one...that's so not right. Back to the old means check our watch...no our phone:)

Wyo - RE costs our steep in CA specially in Bay Area...always has been. We keep a home there because CA say if you leave you can't afford to come back.  HOA costs are hi but they cover so much and make a lock and go easy. 

RunFree - thanks on FitBit info and others...considering.

(((Kate))) - sending healing thoughts!  Pockets are so full and we are on our best behavior except for a few ie Brookside, SAB, Wyo, Sew, Janis...Josie that's your 3rd it's a work day scan:D

Hoping our Kate is not having issues...hubby had horrible clotting issues days1-5 after TURBs...irrigation around the clock was very painful...after a prolong period of round the clock irrigation saline bags for 3 days his nursing staff were gathered around his bed in complete admiration of a job well done...the youngest RN said he's good! But wow this is the most demanding attention needing pxnxs in all of CA...haha lol!  When she realized what she said she turned fifty shades of red and apologized...I thought...she's right they have been in there every 15-20 minutes fir over 36 hours ...they should be celebrating....clots out :) Cdiff another time...praying our Kate is just too busy being arm candy :)))

Time to get ready for Bday bash and gear myself up to the drive,..new suv or truck...hummm

(((Hugs)))

Cindy

• brooksidevt
    brooksidevt Member Posts: 1,432
    edited February 2014

Cindy, your poor hubby losing a crown after all he's been through!  Does he maybe feel like that L'il Abner guy with the black cloud over his head?  Maybe time for a good fairy to come sprinkle stardust (or whatever it is that works) all around him.  Then the two of you and that nice new SUV can go somewhere wonderful and forget all about his (and yours--Don't think I've forgotten you) rotten past several months.

Gigil, so glad you're in the warm.  Too bad the little (ish) annoyances have followed you down there.  Sounds particularly difficult to get the physician hubby to allow himself to be the patient.

Wyo, I just don't know why more people, especially empty nesters, don't rent.  Someday, when I can bring myself to shed several tons of possessions, I certainly plan to do so, so I can try out different areas for winter warmth.

Bunkie, when I had the first annual maintenance visit for my then new forced hot air system, I asked them about  cleaning the vents.  They indicated that this would simply involve vacuuming, and that this was a recommended activity.  I've never done it, but after about fifteen years, perhaps it might be a very good idea.  My guess is that they'd use some pretty effective filters, as nobody wants years of elderly dust and detritis floating around.

• josie123
    josie123 Member Posts: 1,749
    edited February 2014

Boy, I see everyone's been busy so I'm going to try to catch up.

It was nice hearing from Sew and Janis glad you two are doing well. Thanks for the fit bit info.

Susannah, glad your doing well also we haven't heard from you lately.

BUNKIE, you won the most snow award!! We didn't get near as much as you did but probably 5-6 inches.Hope your feeling better.

Joan glad you made it to work safely thanks to your DH.Glad you enjoyed your little break.

Cindy, sounds like your DH has been rather unlucky lately.Lost crown "ouch" I'll bet that wasn't cheap to replace.Thanks for shout out.

Kate, were worried about you.Hope your recovering well...

I've been kind of in a funk lately sorry I haven't been posting lately.I have been reading as many of your posts as I can.

I saw the dermatologists today.He talks like the eye lid issue seems to be some kind of dermatitis or eczema.He gave me some kind of cream to use 2 x daily.If that doesn't work then the next step would be oral antibiotics and if that doesn't work he would have to send me to some doc at the university who is experienced at finding out if your allergic to thing in products l ok me additives etc.But that's a last resort.

RunFree glad your rash has improved.

I guess I'm kind of happy he doesn't think it was the Tamoxofin but now I have to deal with the personal battle of do I go back on it or not since my MO thinks either all or nothing .I feel like it's a personal battle and I tried posting on bottle of Tamoxofin but I was ignored not one person responded.I'm sorry to have to bother you all but this is where my majority of support comes from.I consider each and every one a friend and value everyone's opinion.This is bothering me and worrying me because I don't want to take chances with my health.There are some who are triple negative who don't have the option of taking the Tamoxofin.And I know I'm not even stage 1  but I still don't want to get cancer again and my Doctor did prescribe it. Thanks in advance for any support .

• brooksidevt
    brooksidevt Member Posts: 1,432
    edited February 2014

Josie, I'm a little fuzzy.  Did you stop tamoxofen in hopes of clearing up the eyelid itchies?  If it didn't work, I guess that's not the cause.  Let's hope the nice new cream does the trick.  Do keep in mind that a lot of these itchy things (eczema, for instance) are very sensitive to stress.  Now that you have those extra few hours to get your work done, and the nice,  new, soothing, healing cream to slather on, maybe, just maybe that itch will get better and you'll have one less stress to worry about.

• josie123
    edited February 2014

Brookside,  actually back in December I forgot a dose and by the next day my eye was already getting better.So my hubby encouraged me to not take it just for the weekend and by Monday it was like back to normal.The dermatologist said it really must not of been the Tamoxofin because it came back even being off of it.

It seems that when I use the drops my eye doc gave me tobramyacin with dexamethasone and They cleared it right up But when I stop using them it comes back.

You have a point about the stress and it could be related.I have noticed it may be worse when I'm stressed.And although my work hours have increased I still have stress since I am beginning to resent my job since I can't pay my bills and it was their idea to cut my hours to begin with.

Thanks for the good comments and support

• rmlulu
    rmlulu Member Posts: 1,501
    edited February 2014

Hi y'all

Brrr, snow flurries freak hill country texans...great Bday bash...tiras, noise makers, goodie bags....bunko tonight! It's only 21 missing the desert warmth...my must stop at beauty spa gave me a great product sample bag...yippee product:) love Jane Irdale.

Hubby on best tooth behavior...no flossing! Swish & rinse :o

Josie - HT...hummm to take or not.  Journal your body, than try, note any difference. For me HT was a no brainer...recurrence yea or nay...gulp I'll take it.  Lost 2 bfs to BC pass the HT. I've GED. Fortunate no real difference...bone scan will tell.  Admit I was terrified,but has been none event. 

Thinking warm thoughts! Shout out y'all:)))

Kate - fingers&toes crossed speedy healing:)

Cindy

• wyo
    edited February 2014

HI all- 

I am cold and damp but NOTHING like what you folks in the upper midwest and east coast are dealing with- just unreal and won't quit. 

I post on that Tamoxifen thread from time to time- Here is my Jen-ism when all are talking about side effects etc.  I think of the side effects from not taking Tamoxifen might just be breast cancer.... there is pretty good science around the increased benefit it provides for hormone receptive cancers.  I actually don't care if my uterine lining thickens- (will have uterus out), if my bones ache (do more yoga) etc. those are just minor annoyances compared to the one that can make a permanent change in my life (as in not alive anymore)

• wyo
    edited February 2014

I forgot to say- I am worried about Kate frankly- all sounded good when the pain meds were on board and she was up and about but even robotic-assisted bladder surgery is just a tough 3-5days post-op. Getting the catheter out etc can be a challenge not to mention she has a few "other" considerations she deals with- 

We have to send her our collective thoughts & well-wishes

• SusannahW
    SusannahW Member Posts: 375
    edited February 2014

wyo, agree with you and join you in sending out collective well wishes to kate.

Josie, thanks for thinking of me.  I read every day and keep up with everyone's status.  I'm hanging in, getting better, I think, I hope.  Love you all.

• LiLi-RI
    LiLi-RI Member Posts: 160
    edited February 2014

wyo - thank you for your inspirational thread...I am home sick again...1st the flu, 2nd a cold, and now swollen lymph glands- all within past 3 weeks! It is depressing when our immune systems fail us. My brain is 100 percent ready to tackle life, but my body needs to catch-up! These illnesses are all part of our journey!

I am worried about Kate! Maybe she is just too exhausted to post....sending her lots of positive energy!

Lisa

• april485
    april485 Member Posts: 1,983
    edited February 2014

KKKKKKatie...come out, come out wherever you are!

Sending you healing thoughts Kate.

To the rest of you, stay warm and dry which here in CT we are finding quite challenging!

xoxo Back to work! I am lurking and reading but no time to post and I am too whipped at night these days! (damn aromasin!)

• MostlySew
    edited February 2014

Kate, we are all so worried about you, you've just gone undercover.  I do hope you've been released from the hospital and are recovering well at home snug from the rain.  Do let us know how you are.

• josie123
    edited February 2014

Susannah ,your welcome.I missed hearing from you.

Where is Kate? She is starting to make me worryScared

Cindy Thanks for your thoughts on the Tamoxofin dilemma.

WyO thanks also for your opinions on Tamoxofin.

TGIF everybody hope everyone has a good one.

My back is kind of hurting..bummer but I won't let it stop me from enjoying the weekend.

• wyo
    edited February 2014

Hi all

Cold, foggy and rainy in the bay but better than the snow in Portland I guess LOL- just not the weather you think of with California.  Thank goodness for this fitbit- I got myself up and out in the rain, walked to the train then into work and back home.  Broke my nice umbrella too but lots of steps so make all that soggy slogging worth it.  TGIF

Still wondering how our Kate is doing but also remembering she has her good doctor friend Tracy nearby who is most likely checking in and making sure all is going as it should. 

• joan811
    joan811 Member Posts: 1,980
    edited February 2014

Hi,
    Kate, if you are lurking you know how much people are concerned and care about you.   Sending healing thoughts and prayers.
    I did let my class go home early WEdnesday night.  The forecast was for plunging temps after rain and melting....forming invisible ice and frozen puddles.  DH picke me up and the roads were dry.  I'm not afraid to drive it's just that he and I were working at the same place that night so we car-pooled.  Then his class got canceled so he had to make a special trip for special me haha
    Josie, sorry about the rash.  I am not in 100% agreement that when you stop a drug the SEs should go away immediately. I stopped Arimidex and my arthritic palms and thumb joint never improved.   But starting a drug back up could tell you if it is causing more intense problems.  One other problem we're all experiencing is that the heat is running continuously and it is so drying.  I hope your rash clears on its own.  Re: Tamoxifen thread - can you find another one?  Sorry you got no response.

Cindy, glad the party was good...it must be a "lose a crown" week - DH had his replaced today.  It won't last thought...next step is implant.  ouchie ouchie.  And oh- what is "GED"?  is it a relative of NED?

Bunkie, you are right - I should remind DD to get monitored frequently.  She eats some non-mainstreem foods and sees a naturopath - and they always tell you that you can accomplish healing through foods and supplements.  She admitted that it wasn't working.  I spoke with her tonight but her kids were bouncing all over the place as she tried to settle down for bed. 
    I still think you did a good job of getting it down below half what you were.  You have to function and maybe you will bounce back.  I hope that the future holds some kind of electronic analysis of skin or hair so that we can answer these questions about how our body is dealing with stress and drugs.

Yay it's the WEEK END. 

• new2bc
    new2bc Member Posts: 254
    edited February 2014

Dear kate,

I hope you are recovering well from the surgery. We are all thinking about you. I hope you will keep us updated.

• MostlySew
    edited February 2014

Wyo, I'm sure glad you're not having to commute (Bart?) in this rain today.  We've had well over 2" in the last 24 hours up here and probably 3 1/2 since this started.  We're finally starting to get just a bit of run off, which is a great sign, maybe the aquifer my well draws from will recharge itself.....a girl can hope anyway.

Anyone else going to bundle up and watch Olympics all day?  I love the winter Olympics.  Best excuse ever to just sit and knit or sew all day, housework be damned......