Come join others currently navigating treatment in our weekly Zoom Meetup! Register here: Tuesdays, 1pm ET.
Fill Out Your Profile to share more about you. Learn more...

Radiation recovery

Comments

• josie123
    josie123 Member Posts: 1,749
    edited September 2016

Joan, thanks, and she is having a girl!! Sounds like you had a awesome party for your DH. He will never forget that .

• josie123
    edited September 2016

Janis hope your grandsons party on Sunday turns out great. Here's praying for good weather.

Unlike our weather. We are about ready to build an arc. Constant rain since this morning.

• joan811
    joan811 Member Posts: 1,980
    edited September 2016

Josie, Your granddaughter will be a blessing to your family. Sending prayers for peace and good health for mom and baby.

It is a beautiful Saturday here. We are expecting another round of summer weather in the coming week. Earth has a fever! I do not remember ever having such a warm summer into the end of September.

Just wanted to share the rare event of all my kids and grandkids being together. Someone took these behind photographer, so better shots are coming (my eyes are closed, I think) The tallest guy below is my grandson who we raised through college. I have 5 kids and 7 grandkids. 14 of us in all (no significant others in these pix)

• edwards750
    edwards750 Member Posts: 1,568
    edited September 2016

Awesome pic Joan. Beautiful family. We have 5 kids and 12 grandchildren. Wish we could get a family pic done with all of ours.

Diane

• edwards750
    edited September 2016

Babies first birthday cake. Yum!

• edwards750
    edited September 2016

• josie123
    edited September 2016

Joan,great family pictures. What a unforgettable moment captured on film

Diane great pics of those grand babies.They seem to have enjoyed their cake. Very cute.

It was my daughters baby shower given by her boyfriends family.She was very late because Sean's best friend lives 3 hours away and he insisted on picking him up for the co Ed shower.She went with him and the shower started at 2:00 and after 6 hours in the car she finally arrived back home at 2:00. So I arrived late with her.The shower was at a bar.Kind of strange and his parents weren't there because they had the stomach virus.But his sisters and grandparents and Aunt were there. It was nice I was just a little embarrassed that she was so late.My good friend from high school was there she is Sean's godmother and his mothers good friend.

• josie123
    edited September 2016

imageimage

• joan811
    edited September 2016

Diane, congrats on the twins' first birthday!!! They are adorable....did they each have a cake? It looks that way.

What fun!

I did not remember that you have 12 grandchildren. Whew! I don't know if I will have any more....my two sons are not likely to have kids. More likely I would have a great grandchild.

This was the last week of summer. We got to the beach Saturday and it was a beautiful day - warm, sunny and breezy.

Unfortunately, work calls in a few hours!

• joan811
    edited September 2016

Josie, great photos!

It sounds like the shower went well except for a few timing issues and family illness. (how nice they did not share)
    I am surprised that your DD would want to take such a long car ride. Glad it all worked out.
    It is an exciting time for everyone.
    Hugs!

• chisandy
    chisandy Member Posts: 11,408
    edited September 2016

Sadly, I missed my own baby shower.....I had just given birth to Gordy the night before!

• april485
    april485 Member Posts: 1,983
    edited September 2016

Great PHOTOS! Coming up on the second birthday for Aubrey but that first one is the best memory! Himageere it is!

• edwards750
    edited September 2016

Thanks guys. Yes they did each have their own cake. Jackson kept trying to pick up his cake! 8 boys and 4 girls Joan. We don't get to see the ones in Chattanooga very often. DD has 3 girls and a boy - he is the youngest. Her oldest daughter is n college at Furman and studying abroad in Paris this Fall so we have a college age one and the twins are the youngest at 1.

DH went to one of GFF grandson's birthday party yesterday. He turned 2. They live in midtown Memphis. They served broccoli and grapes and string cheese and cupcakes. Good grief I am all for eating healthy but come on a 2 year old birthday party?

The babies family birthday party is this Sunday at GFF's sister's house. Their actual birthday was yesterday but DIL scheduled her son's party the same day so they rescheduled.

My friend and I took our road trip to Toys R'Us and bought one of them a walker since they are just about walking now. I also bought megablocks, Dallas Cowboys tshirts and a Stride Rite gift card to buy them shoes. My friend bought a walker for the other one and lots of clothes at Gymboree. This birthday is a big deal. Idk how many people they invited.

Josie - Wow long car ride for your DD. Having the shower at a bar is unusual to say the least. Hope she got a lot of nice things. Did the guests hang around all that time? Good thing his parents didn't show being that sick. Does she have all her baby furniture?

The kids were over last Fri night and crawling all over the house and into everything of course. I've forgotten how active 1 year olds are.

That beach looks like heaven Joan. Wish I could be on one.

Diane

• joan811
    edited September 2016

Diane, they surely keep you busy! This first year flew for you and your grand-twins. I remember how many ups and downs there were and now they are happy and growing and bringing smiles to everyone's hearts.
    Congrats to you too - you have been a good support for your son.

This thread is a bit quiet! I hope somebody will check in. I am working and have decided not to use my laptop on the college network. I only use my phone for personal internet.. I should be able to check in a bit more.

Almost Friday!

Happy Fall!

• rmlulu
    rmlulu Member Posts: 1,501
    edited September 2016

Hi y'all

Checking in and going to read back...pages...admire pics!

Crazy summer and so ready for fall. Learning Mah Jongg 😜 Dance tomorrow 💃Pickle ball Saturday Grammie weekend in San Diego coming up...beach time 😎

Ok now to catch up....

(((Hugs)))

Cindy

If you're in San Antonio 10/23 meet up time at RiverWalk!

• MostlySew
    MostlySew Member Posts: 1,311
    edited September 2016

Ok, it's finally time for me to check in. I'm not as busy as you are Cindy, nor working like lots of others but I do manage to keep myself happy and off the streets as it were. I had my 5 year mammo yesterday, the tomographic (?) one and all's clear, so I'm good to go. Next month we decide about staying on the Arimidex past the 5 year mark. Originally I would have been fine with staying on the drug as it never used to particularly bother me. But I'll tell you, since taking high dose prednisone for 9 months and now off it for 6 months, every joint in my body hurts especially one hip. I stiffen up after about 10 minutes in any position and I look like a creaky old lady when I try to move. Perhaps I am....I don't think I am but trying to move for the first 30 seconds is anything but pretty. I need to join you Cindy in your dance class. except after standing up that long I wouldn't be able to sit down.

I think the stiffness and joint problem is probably caused by the Arimidex I just never had it to begin with. I believe I will have the tumor marker test anyway and deal with the stiffening joints as best I can if it comes out I should stay on the drug. I'd rather be protected from cancer than be able to run up stairs.

I'm glad to read that everyone is, in general, doing well. Lots of new grandkids and more on the way is always exciting. Family time and get-togethers are always fun and now fall is coming on, my favorite time.

While I don't have a new grandchild, I do have a new kitten who volunteered to live at my house. He showed up at 4 weeks of age and is now 4 1/2 months. It's like raising a toddler. He's Siamese mix as you can tell, and way too smart for his britches. HIs name is Edmund, after the climber, Edmund Hillary, as this kitten liked to climb and the name seemed cute. However I want to tell you never name a cat after a climber unless you want one that does that. He actually can climb walls up to about 4'. I can't wait till he can go outside with the big kitties of the house when he finishes up his shots in a few weeks, as he's a terror and always wants to involve me in his games.

Keep well everyone

• april485
    edited September 2016

OMG Sew, he is precious! What a face! You can tell by looking at him he likes to get into mischief...what a cutie patootie! Oh and that qualifies as a child in my book btw! Congrats on the 5 year clear mammo! Hopefully you can kick the AI to the curb. I hate this drug sooooo much!

• MostlySew
    edited September 2016

Thanks April. My regular doc thinks I should quit the Arimidex too....I've got too many issues it could be causing, like osteoporosis big time, hair loss, joints, brain fog etc. etc. We shall see. I do hope the test doesn't indicate I should continue as it will be a real dilemma Gotta go, kitten is attacking my hands and making typing just about impossible.

• josie123
    edited September 2016

Sew,what a cute kitten!! Edmund sure does look mischievous !!

I remember that age.Too bad our hazel didn't make it.Thanks to my daughters dogs but our other two are 9 and 10 yrs old so it's been a while since we had a kitten.

Joan, don't work too hard !!

Cindy, sounds like your keeping busy. Enjoy the grandkids!!

• joan811
    edited September 2016

Great to hear from you, Sew!!  I really missed our get-together this year.  We will have to make up for it!  My son had a busy spring and summer, and now it is back to work for me.  I suggested Thanksgiving in California but he was not interested.  It think they have plans as it is my son's BD.  So I do not know when I'll get there.

Love spunky little Edmund!....so much the opposite of our adopted kitty, now 2.  I did teach her how to play ball with me and she actually did it for awhile tonight.  Usually she sleeps...but I think she tears around when we are not here.  You will have fun. 

Happy to hear you got a good report, and hope you will continue to recover from the steroids.  My DD had a tough time with getting off.  I am thinking I may never feel better even if I stop the AI drug next winter when my 5 years will be up.  It has aged me so much, I don't think there is a reversal!

Hi Cindy, you are keeping busy and active....so nice to hear.  Wish I could meet in TX but am traveling the first week in Oct. 

Enjoy the rest of the week end, everyone!

• edwards750
    edited September 2016

Congrats Sew on your 5 year milestone! I am done with Tamoxifen thank goodness. I took Arimidex early on but because I was borderline osteoporsis my ONC switched me to Tamoxifen. While it was no walk n the park I didn't have as much joint pain. My ONC actually weaned me off Tamoxifen. I like you liked the extra insurance policy taking it but she said there was still the risk of a blood clot.

Love the kitty. What a cutie! Our furbabies are our kids too.

Cindy - you do the coolest things. Have fun

The babies party is this afternoon. Should be a big crowd. The GFF's sister doesn't have a large house so they are setting up a canopy over her patio which is small. It's not brutally hot but it's warm today. Don't expect people to hang out outside very long.

I'll post pics.

Diane

• edwards750
    edited September 2016

imageimageimageimageTwins first birthday party was fun! They made out like a bandit with toys and adorable clothes. They looked so cute with their suspenders and bow ties! image

• josie123
    edited September 2016

Diane, great pics.Looks like a great Birthday party.I kept looking for the like button.!!!!Happy birthday to Jackson and Jame

• april485
    edited September 2016

Yummy little boys! I just want to scoop them up and smooch them up! LOL....Arm load o'babies. Can't think of much that would beat that! Glad you had fun Grammy Diane!!

• edwards750
    edited September 2016

Thanks April. They are just precious. They are so funny. 2 completely different personalities. Of course the more vocal one - James takes after my son!

Diane

• edwards750
    edited September 2016

Thanks April. They are just precious. They are so funny. 2 completely different personalities. Of course the more vocal one - James takes after my son!

Diane

• edwards750
    edited September 2016

Thanks Josie. Sorry about the double posts.

Diane

• SusannahW
    SusannahW Member Posts: 375
    edited September 2016

So good to hear all of your news. Josie, I am sorry about your job, have my fingers crossed that something even better will turn up.

Joan, I had a bicycle accident, you know how the roads are out east. I broke a few bones and had to have surgery, but on the mend now. I am hioping we can get together soon.

I am coming up on 4 1/2 years since my diagnosis. Reading all of your posts about surviving is encouraging, and I look forward to the day when I just see my breast surgeon once a year.

Xoxo

• MostlySew
    edited September 2016

Susannah, that's sure a bummer about your fall from the bicycle and a cast in summer just adds to the misery I think. Glad you're doing better now.

Dianne, those twins are so cute. But I must say I'm glad I'm not raising them....what a handful.

April, your GD is just a cutie pie too. Hard to believe she's already 2.

Joan, yes I missed your trip this year too, but you'll be back. And perhaps I'll just take a trip out there someday, stranger things have happened.

Have a great day everyone,......and where's Brookside and all our other missing ladies? Playing hooky?

• josie123
    edited September 2016

Susannah,

So nice to hear from you and hoping you heal quickly from those broken bones?

We are going to Branson for our 25th anniversary.Leaving tommorow.Its like a 5-6 hour drive.My DD is doing well and now off work .Shes just waiting for the baby to come