Come join others currently navigating treatment in our weekly Zoom Meetup! Register here: Tuesdays, 1pm ET.
Fill Out Your Profile to share more about you. Learn more...

Radiation recovery

Comments

• katehudson25
    katehudson25 Member Posts: 1,939
    edited August 2012

Hi Sab,

I tried to insert a photo but it still did not work. I went to the tree icon and it says image url. Whenever I insert photos it says browse and I am able to browse my photos and put in the correct one. For image url I put in the photo number I had dscn1082(1), and it did not work. What am I suppised to put in image url? Then it asks for image description and dimensions. I don't have a photo description and I don't know the dimensions. Can you help me understand how to do this?

• SAB
    SAB Member Posts: 1,121
    edited August 2012

Kate:  That's why I only use web based pictures like Facebook, because you need an address.  I have a MAC so I just tap on the picture I want (two fingers) and then choose the prompt  "copy image address." I then go to the bco "tree" icon and paste the image address into it. I'm not sure how one would do this with a PC. I'm sure there's probably a way to do it right from your photo files as well, I just haven't figured it out.

Mods, are you out there?  PC users?  Tech ladies?

• katehudson25
    edited August 2012

Hi Sab,

The picture I want to insert is on facebook, but when I tap on it I don't see a copy image address. Where is that located? I do not have a mac. The only time I've had trouble inserting a photo is on this website.

• justmejanis
    justmejanis Member Posts: 1,474
    edited August 2012

Elazabeth you know what an amazing friend you are to me.  Of course your support has helped.  It is wonderful to be able to talk to someone who completely understands what you are experiencing.  Of course we can talk about anything and that is really wonderful.  I can't wait to finally meet in person.  Joy!

My biopsy came back already.  It is pre cancerous so the rest of it is coming off Thursday.  It is directly related to sun exposure so I will really have to take extra precautions now. 

Sab love the picture, you are beautiful!  Wow...nice to see your shining face.  I do believe that depression has been an issue for me.  I am going to see a therapist next week.  I finally decided that I am going to talk it all out.  The past two years have been so stressful for many reasons.  We had to move here, so I do feel very isolated so far from my family.  We have faced incredible financial changes, plus cancer and my other surgeries.  Now the neck surgery is looming.  I really hope seeing the therapist will help me.  Next week I now have four doctoar appointments.  Monday I see my MO.  Tuesday I have to go to the hospital for all the preop work.  After that I see my surgeon.  Wednesday I  have therapy, and Thursday I go back to the dermatologist.  Friday I have a free day, LOL.

Kate I like your new avatar photo.  I always upload photos from FB as well.  It is just easiest!

Ladies, I wish we all lived closer so I could share my tomatoes.  They are amazing and so delicious.  The plants have gone crazy, yesterday I bet we picked 30.  We have some beefsteak tomatoes the size of grapefruits.  I would happily share with all of you!  :)

• SAB
    edited August 2012

Janis, I'm so sorry the biopsy requires more action.  Being an optimist I say glad you found it and will get rid of it...and you will look super cute in sun hats Smile OK, forgive me for joking you know I feel your pain and that I'm rooting for you! 

• ptdreamers
    ptdreamers Member Posts: 639
    edited August 2012
    Profile Picturecopied this from my profile on facebook. i just right cliked, said copy, came and hit paste.
  • SAB
    edited August 2012

Well hi there beautiful!

• MostlySew
    MostlySew Member Posts: 1,311
    edited August 2012

Sab....you do look absolutely fabulous. That 50 lbs has made a world of difference and I think you should go with the flaunt it idea at that wedding. Good for you, all that hard work

• ptdreamers
    edited August 2012

thanks SAB, not so beautiful with the knot on my forehead, arm cast and unfortunate hearing loss. will take another pic in a couple of months. this pic about six months old.

• MostlySew
    edited August 2012

Ptdreamers......how great to see you.....what's with an arm cast and bump on the head? I sure hope you were doing something fun to get them! All of you are shaming me into posting my photo...if I can find one

Kate, you need to do something like click on the photo, then right click on it and click copy image location, then come to this site and click on the tree icon, click on the url line, right click and click on paste. When you then click on the next line down to fill in the title, it will,automatically fill in the picture size. Hope that helps.

Janis....it is time for you to catch some luck, for sure! I'm very glad you've caught the pre-cancer skin thing, but geeze....you just don't need anything else right now. I'm glad you've decided to see a therapist. and if this one doesnt feel,right to,talk with try another. you need to feel comfortable. So...guess we will have many pocket parties for you next week. Just remember we've got your back, sweetie.

• joan811
    joan811 Member Posts: 1,980
    edited August 2012

Love the photos..it really helps a lot to see faces when we have been talking for so long....
    Janis, so glad you are getting the therapy appointment you need.  You deserve it....there aren't many people who want to hear about our journey but I wish you luck with all your appointments.
    Hope to talk soon....

I think I'm going a little crazy....I have a colonoscopy/endoscopy scheduled and since I was away I didn't look at my instructions.  I was supposed to have bloodwork done a week ago.  I am going for blood test anyway and hope they will fax it over so the dr. will have it before wednesday.   It's just one more thing I couldn't keep straight!  SAB - my house - oh my gosh...it looks nice but don't open a closet or go in the basement.  Work starts in 2 days so I won't be around much to get on these projects.  It just goes on and on......
    However, I am grateful for my overall health!

nite all,

Joan811

• moderators
    moderators Posts: 8,483
    edited August 2012

SAB and all,

There're directions to posting pictures in the boards here: How to Get a Picture Posted on the Forums.

Hope this helps!

--The Mods

• SAB
    edited August 2012

Pt- Bump and cast?  Did you get in a bar fight? How does the other guy look? Seriously, I hope you heal fast and well.

• MostlySew
    edited August 2012

Sab,  bump and cast sounds sort of like the latest dance...no?  Pt...you weren't dancing were you?

You've all shamed me in to posting my picture.....about a year old, but I look just the same.  I just know I do! Surprised

Me

Oh, and the best kept secret is, my name is actually Peggy, for those inquiring minds out there......

• katehudson25
    edited August 2012

Sew I love your photo. I tried it your way but when I go to paste I can't. Janis I have the same thing going on with pre cancerous spots on my face. I am having them removed Aug. 30th. My dermatologist freezes them off and said I would be red for a couple of days, but then I will be ok. Joan good luck with your colonoscopy. It is no fun but needs to be done. I had one a month before the awful mamogram. They found 7 polyps. but thank God they were all benign. Because there were 7 polyps I have to get another colonoscopy in 2 years, and not 10 years.

• ptdreamers
    edited August 2012

we are all pretty good looking for our ages. i am trying to age gracefully but my klutziness is getting in the way.

• katehudson25
    edited August 2012

I agree ptdreamers. I am probably the oldest, but I have been told I look much younger. Come on Janis we would love to see your picture. U would defintely post more pictures, but I am still having trouble

• katehudson25
    edited August 2012

Typo instead of U that should be I

• justmejanis
    edited August 2012

I am not good at pictures of me.  I hate having my picture taken, period.  I can try with just a small shot.  I am riding my bicycle in front of the house with my cat Pistol hitching a ride across  shoulders.  He is my fun boy!

• justmejanis
    edited August 2012

Sew it is wonderful to see you!  Love that picture and now I can put a face to your name.  You look wonderful!  Sab i love your picture as well.  I enjoy seeing my friends!  Kate, you said you are probably the oldest here.  Are you going to tell us your age?  We'll never tell!  I am 58 years young! 

Lots of pocket parties for me this week.  Tomorrow i see my MO, just a routine followup.  Tuesday I have to go to the hospital and have all of my pre-op tests done.  I will be there a couple of hours, then I go straight to my surgeon after that.  Wednesday is my first therapy session.  Thursday I get the spot on my nose removed.  Kate, they are going to freeze it.  I have to be extremely diligent now about using sunscreen.  I don't care to repeat this again.  Friday I am off, no appointments!  Surgery is looming, just ten days from now.  Will definitely need tons of support for that one!

Joan, I wish you had more time off before you have to start work again.  You sound good....I will always be in your corner cheering you on my friend.  Take good care...sending extra hugs your way!

• katehudson25
    edited August 2012

Hi Janis,

I turned 70 on June 25. I don't feel like 70 I fel like 40, and you are only as old as you feel. As you know pre-op is a breeze. I had mine done Thursday. I don't think freezing will hurt, but I could be wrong. My dermatologist did not say anything about that. I guess I will find out August 30 when I have it done. I do psychological therapy, and I love it, and it helps so much. I hope you like it too. I will be in your pocket or your surgery.

Now that I've told my age will you post a picture that is a close up of you. Can't see your face on the photo you posted. I would post more photos if I could only figure out how. I go to my photos and right click a photo and click copy. Then I come here hit the tree icon and when I right click paste is not highlighted.

• Cindyl
    Cindyl Member Posts: 498
    edited August 2012

When you say you go to your photos, do you mean photos on your computers hard drive, or photos on facebook, fikker, photobucket or some other site?  I think they need to be uploaded to the net for the tree to work.  If you have a photo site and it still isn't working try the right click and choose copy image location if that's available to you...

This is a picture of me, from facebook...

• katehudson25
    edited August 2012

Hi Cindy,

Nice picture. I have tried to post photo's stored on my pictures and photos stored on facebook, and I am unable to pist them.

• MostlySew
    edited August 2012

Janis,  Perfect Picture!  You look just like you should!  And, I don't think you're as heavy as you think you are...so, Dr. Sew says go back to your comfort baking.  At least till you get thru the next couple of weeks!  Did you know calories don't count on the day you have a Dr. appt, or a pre-surgical meeting, or a therapy session?  Well, they might count on the therapy day once you've been going for awhile, but certainly not on your first day.  And....you can think of me when you have your next decadent treat.  And....silly Pistol.  I can't believe he wants to ride with you on your bike.  Amazing.  The best thing one of my kitties can do is dry gulch me when walking down the drive...she's an orange cat, and matches the "golden california" landscape.

Kate, I'm 64 but keep forgetting it.  Age is all a matter of mind, isn't it

cindyl, it's nice to meet you too.  This personal picture thing is great, although I'm hesitant to post them.  So...who's the pup?  Looks like he's quite a bit of fun.

And Kate, Cindyl's right, first you have to upload your picture to an on-line system.  And from there you can copy the url into the little tree icon here.  I use Shutterfly.  It's free.  I think most of them are, and they hold your pictures forever.  Try it, you'll like it.

• Cindyl
    edited August 2012

Hi MostlySew.  The dog is Trooper.  He's my hearing dog so he's pretty much with me 24/7... I'm lost when he's at the groomers or vets.

I looked for a picture of him in his work vest, and apparently I don't have one.  Better correct that.  I used to worry about posting pictures, but I've come to the point I have no modesty, bc did that for me!  Just hope the rads techs don't post the pictures they took Embarassed

• katehudson25
    edited August 2012
    Mostly sew I joined shutterfly and posted pictures there. Now how do I post those photos here. On share sites it asks for the name of the website and the website url. If I put that in will it post here? I assume the name of this site is breast cancer.org and the url is http://community,breastcancer.org
  • MostlySew
    edited August 2012

Hi Kate,

On shutterfly, click on the picture you want to load up here, to get it to expand to full size.  then right click on the photo, and you should get something like copy image etc. and one that says copy image location.  Click on copy image location.  Then come here, and click on the tree icon, the cursor will automatically be in the "location url" box, then right click and click paste.  Should work perfectly.  Then, when you click on the next line of image description, the system will automatically fill in the picture size for you.  Hope that works, it should.  I tried the share thing from Shutterfly too, but that doesn't seem to work.  You need to "copy location" from the Shutterfly site, then paste it into the dialog box on here.  Hope that helps.  I can't wait to see what you're going to post for us.

Cindyl, what a great name for your dog.  Don't know if you dreamt it up, or he had it when you got him, but he does look like a trooper.  It's amazing the freedom these working dogs can mean for people, and what they can accomplish.  Who'd have thought?  I know what you mean about no longer having any modesty....I really don't have any either.  I think I'm sort of like Janis though, and don't really like having my picture taken.  

• Cindyl
    edited August 2012

Thanks. When the breeder was telling me about the puppies in the litter, she said "and this little guy is a real trooper, never fusses, puts up with the vet messing with him..." so when he ended up being my puppy, Trooper was the first name that popped into my head. His AKC name is Oregonized Weekend Warrior.   That was to pay tribute to several of our students who were serving in the national guard. (Oregonized is the kennel name)

I don't like having my picture taken either but every so often, I bite the bullet, and let a friend of mine take a few shots, but not too often.  

• SAB
    edited August 2012

I LOVE these pictures! Thank you all for your trust and sharing.  My BF likes to tell about her 36 hour labor.  Checked multiple times for dialation she lost all sense of modesty...and when the janitor walked in she automatically lifted her gown and spread eagled her legs! That's how I feel sometimes.  I went to the dermatologist recently and was confused for a moment when I didn't have to undress!

Kate-You are the youngest 70 ever!  I have had stuff frozen off and it's no big deal--but it will take a while to heal back to normal. 

Janis-Truth be told I'm a dog person but that cat is a hoot!  Our cats have always been "working" cats out here in the woods, so they don't cuddle.  So, it seems you have a busy week ahead of you and I'm looking forward to hearing good news at the end of it all.  You can do this.

Nice to meet you Cindy.

Oh, I'm 54!   

• katehudson25
    edited August 2012

Hi Sew,

After I got the photo to full size and right click on it it says copy and not copy image or copy image location