Come join others currently navigating treatment in our weekly Zoom Meetup! Register here: Tuesdays, 1pm ET.
Fill Out Your Profile to share more about you. Learn more...

Radiation recovery

Comments

• katehudson25
    katehudson25 Member Posts: 1,939
    edited August 2012

Hi Sab, Thank you for the compliment. When you say that it take a while to heal after freezing. Exactly how long is a while in days?

• MostlySew
    MostlySew Member Posts: 1,311
    edited August 2012

Kate, you must be working on a windows based system? I haven't used one in years, but try to go up to "edit" (should be right next to file) and see if there's a copy location under that heading. I may try to do other research for you, but that should work...good luck. Or, try the copy command, and when you get to this web site, maybe a copy location or copy URL will be available?

Cindy, I think you have a different dog in your avatar?

Sab...maybe your friend pulled the gown so high the janitor won't recognize her walking down the street? Funny story....

• MostlySew
    edited August 2012

Kate,

Have these instructions helped?

http://tkt.hostned.ws/luv/bco_photobucket/index.

Except it's for photobucket and I don't see the direct link command in Shutterfly.....

I suppose it might work to just click on copy, then on the BCO site try the Cntrl v command....worth a try.

Oh...and you're not using an iPad, right? They don't work for this at all.....

Anyone using Shutterfly and a windows machine that could help Kate?

• Cindyl
    Cindyl Member Posts: 498
    edited August 2012

Two actually...

The red girl is Spice and the grey boy she's got pinned is Mocha...

Might as well introduce the rest of the gang...

Orbit

Browser (he's camera shy)

Kirby

• katehudson25
    edited August 2012

Sew I so much appreciate your help but it still is not working. Yes I use windows

• katehudson25
    edited August 2012

Sew when it asks for the image url exactly what is it asking for?

• Cindyl
    edited August 2012

Open the picture you want to upload in shutterfly

Right click

Choose copy image location

switch to bco

click the tree

Right click into the box that says image url

Paste

click insert

• katehudson25
    edited August 2012

Sew I finally got paste to work. So when I go to the tree icon a screen comes up and it says image url. Then I right click and paste and that comes up but nothing comes up for image description or dimensions. I put in what I think is image description but I don't know the dimensions

• Cindyl
    edited August 2012

You don't need a description or dimensions...

• katehudson25
    edited August 2012
    merry at moon shadiws 2
  • macatacmv
    macatacmv Member Posts: 1,200
    edited August 2012
  • katehudson25
    edited August 2012
    merryatmoonshadows2.jpg
  • macatacmv
    edited August 2012

Kate, last pic was to test instructions. Try this

Go to shutterbug (whatever I use flikr)

open picture in medium size (500x375)

right click on it box will open choose copy URL image (when you click nothing looks like it is happening)

go to BCO click on tree icon next to happy face

left click to make cursor show up in top box

then right click and choose paste a long number should show in box 

then click on dimensions and 500 x 375 should show up

Then hit insert.

Give it a try. 

edited for spelling 

• katehudson25
    edited August 2012

Sew as you can see I tried to post. The paste worked and I put in the image description( I titled the photo merry at moon shadows 2) and I put in that for size I put in the resolution size but as you can see the photo did not open. OMG this is so aggravating. Is there anyone posting photos from windows that can help?

• macatacmv
    edited August 2012

I will be here Kate, keep trying.

The image URL is a number that the photosharing site makes up  

• katehudson25
    edited August 2012
  • macatacmv
    edited August 2012
    by the way that is not a picture of meWink
  • katehudson25
    edited August 2012

Cundy I did what you said but when I right click copy comes up and not copy image. Then I go to bco and hit the tree icon then I right click and paste when I tried to submit without description or size it did not post the photo

• SAB
    SAB Member Posts: 1,121
    edited August 2012

Cindy-Awwwwwwwwwwww!

Kate-It took 2 or 3 weeks.  I don't remember exactly.  It was right before my daughter's Bat Mitzvah, and I remember I wanted to freeze a couple of skin tags off my neck (ew.) Anyway, the dermatologist didn't mention to me that they would not be gone immediately, but would look worse before finally  falling off.  So I ended up going to this wonderful life event looking like I had 2 Frankenstein bolts sticking out of my neck.  Of course, the photographer made sure to document it Tongue out.

Macatac-I like your photo. 

• macatacmv
    edited August 2012

when you right click a list of choices should come up. are you in fb or shutterbug?

• katehudson25
    edited August 2012

2 of 2

• Cindyl
    edited August 2012

Kate-Hmm it works with Firefox.   I don't see a way to do it with IE...

• katehudson25
    edited August 2012

OMG I finally did it.  Thank you mac and Sew. That is a photo of me a few weeks ago in Malibu

• macatacmv
    edited August 2012

Thanks sab, that's my feeder right outside my kitchen window. I'm trying to help kate post a pic or two or three.

It took me a while to figure out posting pics, so don't fret kate just keep trying.

I've had stuff frozen off my face too. Not fun, but not horrible either. It ends up scabbing, but they are usually small areas.

I'm waiting for the results from my echo from last week.  trying not to think about it.

• macatacmv
    edited August 2012

Yay!!!!! Kate you look beautiful!

• MostlySew
    edited August 2012

Hmmm. Kate, it's probably something simple that we're all missing. When you click paste on the BCO site, does a funny looking very long name with numbers show up? If not then your copy isn't working. You could try keying the term copy image location into your windows help/search location. They might have another way to do it. Is there anything under any of your commands on the top line (like edit or tools or whatever) that talks about location or URL? Try opening that picture on Shutterfly and looking all over the windows browser tool bar for something like that. It would help for you to have two "tabs" open at the same time in your browser (probably explorer) as you can toggle back and forth.

Cindy, your menagerie is great. If we're not careful both Sab and Janis will be wanting more dogs! I love the names of all of them...

So Macatac...is that a blue bird? Or? Great shot. Haven't seen you yet have I?

• katehudson25
    edited August 2012
  • macatacmv
    edited August 2012

I've been around. Got done with rads April 3rd but am having lung issues.

I don't post much, don't want to scare anyone. It has been explained to me that it was that I was very susceptible not that rads were done "wrong". Now they are looking at my heart b/c my pressure is so high. Just been put on bp meds. It is probably that something was going on with me before treatment and we didn't know it. 

That pic is a regular old blue jay. They are pretty but noisy and mean to other birds. 

• katehudson25
    edited August 2012

OMG I did it once and now I am having trouble doing it again. Thank you so much for the compliment mac. Sew my copy is working and now my paste is working too. When I posted the last photo. A little button came right up here that said something like copy paste copy all. I pressed paste but now when I go to do it I can't find that to come up again

• katehudson25
    edited August 2012
    Mac how long did it take for your face to clear up entirely from the freezing?

1 of 2

Select this picture
    Prints best up to 20x30   Why?

DSCN1082 (1).JPG
    DSCN1082 (1).JPG
    2012-07-13
    more info

Filename: MerryAtMoonshadows2.jpg
    Path: My Albums >
    2012-08-19
    Filesize: 332194
    Resolution: 1090x1562
    Uploaded: Aug 19,
    Taken: Jul 27,
    Modified: Aug 19,

2 pictures, 1 selected
    Select: all | none

Sort by: Date taken (old to new) Date taken (new to old) Upload order Upload order (reverse) Name (A-Z) Name (Z-A) Custom Date taken (old to new) Date taken (new to old) Upload order Upload order (reverse) Name (A-Z) Name (Z-A) Creation date (old to new) Creation date (new to old) Modified date (old to new) Modified date (new to old) Name (A-Z) Name (Z-A) Custom

Size:

My Pictures

New:
    folder | album Show previous

New
    Folder

Sample
    folder

My Albums
    (1)

2012-08-19Show next