Come join others currently navigating treatment in our weekly Zoom Meetup! Register here: Tuesdays, 1pm ET.
Fill Out Your Profile to share more about you. Learn more...

Life on aromasin

Options

Comments

• camillegal
    camillegal Member Posts: 15,711
    edited June 2012
    Options

dogs I am the closest room to the bathroom and sometimes I still don't make it--it's so fast.

• dogsandjogs
    dogsandjogs Member Posts: 677
    edited June 2012
    Options

Glad I'm not the only one!

• kira1234
    kira1234 Member Posts: 754
    edited June 2012
    Options

You're not alone by any means. It's really not fun when I have all the kids in class and it hits!Undecided

• camillegal
    edited June 2012
    Options

Honestly I never put it together with aromasin--did u know it

• dogsandjogs
    edited June 2012
    Options

You're a teacher?  Awesome! - my grandson just became one.

• mybee333
    mybee333 Member Posts: 672
    edited June 2012
    Options

I took my pill at dinner and slept straight through for 6 hrs.

Very stiff yesterday.  Hope it was just overdoing for my daughters grad. party.

• kira1234
    kira1234 Member Posts: 754
    edited June 2012
    Options

Yes dogs been a teacher for 30 years. Would be retired but took 10 years off while the kids were young. Wouldn't trade those years with the kids for anything.Smile

I take the pill before bed, and go to sleep very quickly, but wake up every night between 1 and 2, and that's me done for the night. By  the time i get up in the morning I'm ready for a nap!

• fondak
    fondak Member Posts: 271
    edited June 2012
    Options

Mybee, how long have you been taking this?  It's been 3 wks for me (I took it 2 wks then a 2 wk break for surgery prior to these 3).  I am starting to sleep 4 hrs at a time during the night which I wasn't able to do at all earlier.

• camillegal
    edited June 2012
    Options

Mybee I don't want to jinx myself but I've been taking my pill as u sugested and I sleep about 5-6 hrs. the last couple of nights I don't know if It's the timing orafter hospital arbage---but I'm keeping to this schedule.

Fondak I've been on it for a yr. so different things happen along the way.

• mybee333
    edited June 2012
    Options

I have been taking my Aromasin for 8 wks.  For the first 2 1/2 wks it was on and off becuz I couldn't sleep.  I have been taking it for about 5 wks. daily now. I took it yesterday at 5 and slept 6 1/2 hrs., very soundly.  I was up for about a half an hour and then slept for another hour or so.  Not bad.  Less stiff today too.

Cami - you mean at bedtime?

Surgery tomorrow for me.  Implant exchange with some fat grafting and a very small augmentation on the 'other' breast.

Wish me luck!!

• camillegal
    edited June 2012
    Options

Mybee good luck with u'r surgery, I didn't know.

I take my pill around 6PM and sleep better than before--but still wake up not so good and tired too???

I hope u'r surgery is slated for an early time to get it over with. -I hate the day before surgery-u have to remember not to do certain things LOL nad it's confusing to me.

• mybee333
    edited June 2012
    Options

Thanks.  Yeah - kind of nervous but I'm sure it'll all be good.

• camillegal
    edited June 2012
    Options

Let us know as soon as possible OK?

• mybee333
    edited June 2012
    Options

Yes - Will do.  :)

• dogsandjogs
    edited June 2012
    Options

Best of luck with your surgery which is probably being done right now. Please keep us posted~

• ginger_mea
    ginger_mea Member Posts: 135
    edited June 2012
    Options

maybee333 - wishing you the best!

• fondak
    edited June 2012
    Options

Is Maybee having surgery today?  I am still finding my way around the forum and tried to find where I missed that but couldn't.   Breast Cancer Org is really massive and probably simple for most but not me.

Anyway, Maybee you're in my prayers for the surgery.

• camillegal
    edited June 2012
    Options

Fondak yes her surgery was schedued for today--don't know what time--but as soon as she can she'll contact us. ???

BTW nothing is simple for me on the computer--I'm still trying to learn.

• fondak
    edited June 2012
    Options

Camillegal - thanks for the info and for the encouragement - It's a big deal for me to post things because I'm always making mistakes and I read over it and don't see it!  I guess ya'll have picked up on that! Smile  Then finding my way around is....like me.....a work in progress!

• hopefulhealing
    hopefulhealing Member Posts: 581
    edited June 2012
    Options

I will be starting on Aromasin soon.  My mail pharmacy goofed and I have two full bottles of Tamoxifen left. Trying to decide if I use up that or go for the Aromasin.  I am scared to death to start. I wasn't scared to start the Tamoxifen but I am due to my fear of increased bone pain.  I have trouble sleeping due to severe hot flashes and night sweats.  Is there a better time to take it?

• proudtospin
    proudtospin Member Posts: 4,671
    edited June 2012
    Options

I take mine in the morning but after a bit of food, never tried it at night and do not have any problems on it

• bak94
    bak94 Member Posts: 652
    edited June 2012
    Options

I stopped aromasin for a week to see if I would feel better, this was after being on it for 2 months. I am picking up my prescription today and am not sure if I want to continue it. I am only 3% er pos and 0%pr. I had terrible joint pain and stiffness, in my hips so bad I was so worried of it being something else. WHen I stopped, the pain continued but finally stopped today! I can't believe how much better I feel today, maybe it took awhile to get out of my system, so now not so sure I want to start again. Weird thing is I am having worse hot flashes today, but less stiffness and joint pain, what does that mean? I felt terrrible yesterday, thought it might be the flu because my hubby is sick, but then I feel so much better today. I am just so confused of what to do. I see my oncologist on Monday.

Mybee333-I hope you are feeling well!

• camillegal
    edited June 2012
    Options

See hopefulheal---proudtospin takes hers in the morning and she's doing fine--I just started taking mine in the evening Mybee said she does and it worked better for sleeping and I think it does for me anyway---I don't know if there is a right time or not but when I was just in the hospital they gavve it to me in the afternoon? didn't ask why. So maybe whatever works for u.????---Don't let them scare u, there so tiny u lose them easily LOL

• ptdreamers
    ptdreamers Member Posts: 639
    edited June 2012
    Options

There is no right time to take aromasin. Whatever works for you is what is best. However, be sure to take it after a meal not on an empty stomach. I take mine in the evening right after dinner. It doesn't interfere with sleep for me. I wake up every two hurs anyway but have been doing that for years.

• Shayne
    Shayne Member Posts: 524
    edited June 2012
    Options

Im been following this thread for awhile, as my MO gave me an Rx for aromasin that I havent filled yet.  I notice that that is maybe only one of you that has a DCIS dx.......thats interesting......

• Shayne
    Shayne Member Posts: 524
    edited June 2012
    Options

I dont - it wasnt with my path report - but Im going to call and find out tomorrow.  

My onc did not give me specific risks numbers.  She told me to ask my RO.  I think my RO said after rads I had a 5%.  My onc said if the SEs are too bad.....that I can go off of them and she wouldnt put me on something else.  She said I had a great prognosis either way.  

So now Im sitting here, not really knowing what to do, not wanting to take them.....but kinda too afraid NOT to...... 

• fondak
    edited June 2012
    Options

Kayb - I'm glad you are feeling less joint pain.  Are you taking 12 or 24 hr Claritin?   What you said about sticking it out is exactly what my MO told me.  She said a lot of women begin to get better with the side effects at 6 weeks.  That's really encouraging.

Also, my pain has been much more tolerable the last two days.  I  also have slept 4 hrs at a time the last 3 nights which is a big deal for me!

• mybee333
    edited June 2012
    Options

Well, it is late at night but I decided to post.  There is something about anethesia that keeps me up at night.  Maybe it's that deep sleep during it all.  I have catnapped all day on and off.  Things went well and I am hopeful about the outcome.  I do feel good about it.  Thank you all for your thoughts, prayers and good wishes.  Although this was the most painful surgery by far as so much was done, I am glad to be on the road to recovery and moving along with the long reconstruction process. 

As to Aromasin - I am still playing with the time. I keep taking it earlier in the day to see what happens.  Will keep you posted although it may not be a true reflection with pain meds. 

bak94 - Any changes in estrogen that are sudden will cause hot flashes, either up or down.  I know that from my hysterectomy days, trying ERT and reading about it.

Shayne - 3% would make it very dificult to decide indeed.  My tumor was in the 90's.  I want to say 98% ER positive.  I would go and check but it is too difficult to lift myself up and out of the La z boy at the moment.

Peace and good night ladies. Please - let's all try to get some sleep Laughing

• camillegal
    edited June 2012
    Options

Oh Mybee I'm glad u'r home and it went well. Oh I'm so sorry it's so painful for u--I hope u have good stuff to take,

Well I followed u'r lead and take my aromasin in the evening and so far I slepp like 4-5 hrs. straight which is a lot and not to sleepy during the day??? Either u'r a genious or u happened to get it down.  I'll judge when I'm done with this new med I'm on soon hahaha

Please feel well soonmore pain ---Yuck

Camille

• donnajrn
    donnajrn Member Posts: 31
    edited June 2012
    Options

Shayne, my MO switched me to aromasin in March and I tolerated it for only 3 months and she let me go back to tamoxifen to complete 5 years of treatment.  The newest research is for women with DCIS to switch from Tamoxifen to an AI after 2 1/2 years...but I was unable to continue with aromasin because of the side effects I was having.  She assured my I would be just fine for switching back to Tamoxifen and it is much better for my body......I do not have the horrible aches that accompanied the AI..........

Donna