Fill Out Your Profile to share more about you. Learn more...

Does Breast Cancer Hurt - honest truth from bc patients

Options
1181920212224»

Comments

• lemonee
    lemonee Member Posts: 2
    edited December 2017
    Options

Yes.I've had shooting, burning, pinching pains for a few years, and now constant sorenes. Like others, I comforted myself thinking it couldn't be breast cancer because breast cancer doesn't hurt. It's high-grade IDC and the doctor said it's been there for a long time. I guess everyone's experience truly is different.

• runor
    runor Member Posts: 1,613
    edited December 2017
    Options

I had pain. A dull ache. I thought it was sore menopause boob. I poked around a lot looking for a source or lump or anything that might be the source of the pain. Never found anything. My boob just ached, annoyingly, without stopping, for several months.

I did not go to the doctor. Instead I made an appointment to have a screening mammogram, and here we are, breast cancer.

So yes, breast cancer can hurt. Mine was 2.5 cms. It had been 8 years since my last mammogram.

• Jellybean38
    Jellybean38 Member Posts: 2
    edited January 2018
    Options

hi sorry did u respond to my post im not sure how this works never used it before?

• Bluebird-DE
    Bluebird-DE Member Posts: 1,233
    edited January 2018
    Options

Hi Jellybean - people don't respond too often on this thread. It is a place to explain our own symptoms so others can read and consider.

But here is a place you might resonate with and gain a lot of information. https://community.breastcancer.org/forum/83

Thank you for sharing, please come back and update your post when you have more information too, we all need to know what we all go through.

Diane

PS To see any replies, add the thread to your favourite topics. Then watch the favorite topics when you log on, you will see if people have written since you did. Sometimes you get a response and sometimes you just have to read and read to learn what you want. I've done it both ways. The best to you!

• marijen
    marijen Member Posts: 2,181
    edited March 2018
    Options

That’s how I found my armpit node, my shoulder hurt and I couldn’t tell where the pain was coming from. Yes they are still saying it doesn’t hurt, but it does

• denise-g
    denise-g Member Posts: 353
    edited March 2018
    Options

Bump

• Macca1978
    Macca1978 Member Posts: 1
    edited April 2018
    Options

hey everyone i just wanted to say firstly you are all amazing and i have read this thread right from day 1 wow ...i have had niggly pains in my breast over the years but didnt think anything of it ...i have had left arm and shoulder pain for a few months i have like a burning pain in my left breast with like stingy pains i felt a lump at i think 1 oclock on my left breast on tuesday went to see my gp yesterday and she felt it too she says it could be fibro something but she has referred me to breast doc for either mammogram or ultra sound ...i am really tired like more tired and i took a funny turn last sunday thought i was having a heart attack i also had this same thing about 6 months ago ...my sweet tooth has been threw the roof past 4 5 months and i didnt really have a sweet tooth the thing is im losing weight weird yeah ....i havent had a diagnosis was just wondering if anyone had same as me and then been diagnosed any help welcome thanks all and i wish you all love x

• burchRN
    burchRN Member Posts: 1
    edited April 2018
    Options

I've been having pain in my right chest wall, right shoulder, right arm, and right side of my neck for about 2-3 months. It's a deep muscle ache.

Last week....I found a lump. It's small, a little larger than a pea. It's in the 11 o'clock position, the upper outer quadrant, of the right breast....embedded in the chest wall. Only able to be found if I lean forward and let my breat dangle (I am a 40DD).

When I touched it, it was hard and didn't move. It triggered an awful, painful cramp in my right chest wall, shoulder, and arm about 30 minutes after I first touched it. The next day, the whole area was swollen and tender. I took an anti-inflammatory med and it helped some.

I saw my gynecologist Wednesday. Per his recommendation, I'm having an ultrasound and mammogram on Monday. Then I meet with a surgeon on Tuesday to have it removed.

My whole right chest, underarm, neck, and shoulder are slightly sore/achy with intermittent sharp pain, and puffy today after my exam yesterday. My axillary lymph nodes and the ones in my neck are swollen today...and that's new. I'm terrified.

• Jewel259
    Jewel259 Member Posts: 8
    edited May 2018
    Options

I am newly diagnosed with stage 2 invasive ducal carcinoma above the nipple at 12:00. I must have been having discomfort when I found it because it woke me up touching the area. I don't have severe pain but do have discomfort scomfort and at times a pulling type of pain. My skin also itches at the biopsy site.

• Maw7
    Maw7 Member Posts: 2
    edited June 2018
    Options

my breast are huge and I have always had some kind of pain or tenderness I always figured was from the weight. I started getting my mammograms at age 40 and has been having normal ones. I missed two years of mammos and just went for one I got the call back. I had my diagnostic mammogram and ultrasound. Waiting on my biopsy not sure when that will be I see the breast surgeon in Tuesday. Radiologist report states I have a 1 cm irregular solid mass with microbulatuon now every sharp pain or burning sensation freaks me out. My birads was 4 and everything I read says don’t be alarmed it’s probably not cancer.. and then I read cancer don’t hurt so just sitting here for another week or two waiting on results