Fill Out Your Profile to share more about you. Learn more...

Oligometastatic Prognosis

Options
15678911»

Comments

• JCSLibrarian
    JCSLibrarian Member Posts: 548
    edited March 2020
    Options

I was diagnosed with lung mets in Dec 2018. Have been NED since February 2020. I was able to talk the Oncologist into treating me with curative intent. I did a year of Abraxane, had a lumpectomy and SBRT to the lung tumor. I am currently taking a break from chemo. After some scans the end of March we will decide if the chemo needs to restart. Hope things are going well for you

• B-A-P
    B-A-P Member Posts: 409
    edited March 2020
    Options

not necessarily true Jen.:) :) I was being treated with palliative intent at first. The treatment of their choice was FEC. Due to complete response I was able to avail of every other option (rads surgery , tamox , letrozole , and zometa (as a preventative) ) and my chart changed to curative internet. Though it is quite true that palliative treatment is a lot less aggressive and you can’t get access to much more. I wonder where the line is drawn though.

• Foxanne
    Foxanne Member Posts: 11
    edited March 2020
    Options

I was treated curative intent with local therapy only .my oncologist as well as my second opinion said no chemo . I did have chemo 5 years ago at Stage 2 . I was ER PR positive. My lung Mets were triple negative and slow growing so the oncologist don’t believe chemo will work on slow dividing cells .

I hope the best decisions were made for me .

• Betty80
    Betty80 Member Posts: 16
    edited August 2020
    Options

Hi

Your diagnosis sounds very similar to mine, I just wanted to check to see howyou're coping so far. Here's my diagnosis to compare:

Oct 2013 2.5cm IDC left breast

Nov 2013 FEC-T

Mar 2014 Tamoxifen

April 2014 Mastectomy & recon (told no rads needed)

Nov 2015 Axilla nodes x 3 detected and removed

Jan 2016 EC & T

June 2016 15 x Rads left breast & axilla

Oct 2016 Oopharectomy

Nov 2016 Letrazole

Jan 2020 solitary lung lesion 1.9cm upper right lung

(Jan/Feb/Mar 2020 numerous scans, biopsy, breathing test etc)

Seeing Consultant next Thur. have no idea of treatment plan but haven't stopped researching and edging towards asking for surgery. I'm usually quite vocal when it comes to treatment and would rather equip myself with as much info as possible. I can't seem to findmany solitary lung diagnosis on here?

Hope you're doing well and coping? X

• Foxanne
    Foxanne Member Posts: 11
    edited April 2020
    Options

Feel free to message me .

• kitkit
    kitkit Member Posts: 29
    edited May 2020
    Options

My sternal met lit up brighty for a year. You might want to see if they'll do a biopsy, because my biopsy turned out negative. The sternal met was not cancer. My doctor said it was very unusual, but it happens.