Fill Out Your Profile to share more about you. Learn more...

Kiwi ladies who need encouragment, but all welcome.

Options

Comments

• midnight1327
    midnight1327 Member Posts: 1,331
    Options

Hi girls, i am out with hubby on truck today. we doing masterton, one of the drivers is sick, he got told off last night for not strapping the timber down and it was all over the place, so we are suspecting it could be along weekend and bit of sulking. it is quite dangerous when they don't strap it down as it can come to grief and poke out the curtains and stuff them and they not cheap to fix and cause all sorts of damage with making truck unbalanced, if you get my gist. it is pure laziness really. if he got stopped by the Truck cops, he would go for a big high jump and so would we. it always comes back on the bosses if drivers don't abide the rules, not fair at times. i did not feel quake last night at all.  have a good day gals. glad to see you back musical.

• Hils
    Hils Member Posts: 152
    Options

Hope you are all good after the two shakes last night, I am hoping that there is no damage to any of your property. Having lived in LA for a couple of years we used to have quite a few shakes, but I never got used to them.

Sounds like you are going to be busy Midnight over the next few days on the trucks. Your driver does sounds like he is sulking, but not to tie down the logs is just plain stupid. Not fair that the boss gets kicked for the drivers stupidity if he gets caught!

Hope your meal out with your SIL went well for you Kt, it is lovely to go out and get someone else to do the cooking and clearing up.

Glad things are coming together for you and yours Musical, it will be great for you and your mum to spend some time together this weekend.

The weather looks as if it going to be good over the next few days so I am going to make the most of it and enjoy spending time outside. Hope you are feeling better Alyson and Raine and that you all have a brilliant weekend with no shakes and lots of sunshine.

Big hugs x

• [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Member Posts: 814
    Options

Hey girls,

Mmmm yeah I heard about shake #2 but never felt it. Looks like I got it wrong about #1 and  the direction it came from by 180 Degr Lol!!! Well, its better than being 90 degr out I suppose. Havent looked on geonet yet but I think #2 was out in the Tazzy a bit. Ha ha I was fiddling last night with piks, and I still cant for the life of me get a pik directly off my hard drive. However theres ways around it if you really want to post a pik, as long as its on a website somewherez as it appears they have to have an URL.Theres a zillion ways one can do that. ;-).

Looks like we are going to have a cracker this a.m. another -6 (unofficial) frost this a.m. Good. Kill a few more bugs. Midnight, hope you guys have a safe trip and no hitting black ice or something. My hubbys a truck driver tooand he is the opposite, he likesto look after his truck and keep it clean and so forth, but his boss is about as slack as you can get, and Hubby REFUSES to put himslef at risk, like overloading, insecure loads, road user charges et al. Oh yes it can be a drama with the red tape and all.

Yesterday at a little church service,  my mum and other oldies in the resthome were gathered around , and  she didnt see me but I saw her and she was singing up a storm as usual, lol, so that makes me happy. Its small baby steps but at last I think things are happening. We'll see about the weekend, as she gets VERY tired VERY easily and I have to be VERY careful not to undo our hard work. Lol, she loves a ride in our Classic Vintage Chev V8, (lol its like a batwing mobil) so we might take her for a wee spat in that when we go over to get some Organic milk near the gorge tomorrow. Still lots to do. Just about all semblance of routine  at the mo has gone out the window, and my day just is what it is, so we take things moment by moment.

Have a good un Ladies.

• kt1966
    kt1966 Member Posts: 1,021
    Options

A really beautiful day today! Spent most of it outside, not planting, but catching up on other jobs (like cleaning out chook house). I had thought the chooks weren't laying but there was a cluster of 11 eggs at the back corner that I couldn't see when I opened the nesting boxes- cheeky madams!

Hope you all had a great day & got to enjoy some sunshine too. Hopefully it will stay nice for the weekend & make all your outings more fun- esp you with your mum, Musical. I'm glad she's starting to settle in. A vintage chevvy sounds fun. My DH is into vintage motorcycles...

Hope you enjoyed going in the truck with your DH, midnight.

Did you manage to get your mulch spread Hils? 

I hope you're getting back to normal Rainenz, feeling better & enjoying being at home.

Have a lovely weekend Ladies! (Its the ball for my DD this saturday, so I'll be helping her get ready-fun!) 

• midnight1327
    Options

well i had a wonderful day with hubby in truck, am sore in arms with the puliing my self up into it, he gets behind me and shoves me  for the last bit, the step is abit high, i do not know how long i am going to be able to get in the truck, i felt about ninety,me old bones seem to creek, lol must need oiling. hubby says come on you old chook. But he is feeling the same, he said, i hit 50 and feel about a hundred.  its his knees that play up alot. I remember when i came down here 5 and half years ago, i was 45 and i was in and outta  that truck as we  did the masterton run together everyday and i was like a spring chicken, now i am old chook and only 50. i do think the tamoxifen is abit to blame for my joints and the stat pills for colestreol. On the way home, i felt like a chocalate icecream, well he forgot  to remeind me they are generous, so i ordered two scoops,  well i got to one and half and man i struggled thru the rest, it will certainly be one scoop when the accasion rises to get it from that shop. well hope everybody had a good day and your mum, musical, sounds like my mum, a good old hymn sing along. i am myself really into  my humns, and the old ones, just love them. Well will catch u  L8TER. HAVE A REAL GOOD  WEEKEND.  p/s we think with the driver it was have a sicky friday and a long weekend at same  time, all the times he seems to be sick is a friday, but you can't proove it, so you gotta go with it. Apparently he got a good dressing down from BIL for not securing the load. as they are our trucks amd we responsible for them and the drivers even if they do stuff up.

• [Deleted User]
    Options

Hey midnight, glad you had a good day in the truck. IF you have employees throwing sickies, you as employers have a right to ask for a Doctors certificate. Just thought Id say that FWIW. As far as I know, Im pretty sure Tamox doesnt tend to give you joint pain, its the AIs that typically do that, but I need to check for sure. Tamox's upside is its known to actually increase B Density a bit, but theres a slight chance (2%) of uterine cancer. As I keep saying, always the choice between the lesser of 2 evils.

kt  lol 11 eggs! good for you. Ha reminds me of our chooks and sometimes they 'organize' the straw they have on the floor into a nest in the far corner, instead of going to their proper box. Theyve been laying for about 17 months now, and are sarting to crank up again after slightly going off. They havent seemed to have done a full moult. Theyre Hi-liners or something like that. 

• Alyson
    Alyson Member Posts: 3,737
    Options

Hi all, had great but tiring weekend. Saw Die Walkurie - DD1 was one of the Valkyrie - it was wonderful. Even DH survived 6 hours of opera.

Went out to Piha with nephew and his fiancee who are here from Prague. She is a scientist who studies geckos and tuataras - looking at the affect of climate change on their DNA. We got to the zoo where she was able to get up close to a tuatara, she has never even held one. She did do marine studies at one time, another thing that's a bit difficult in Prague. 

Have watched some of the Games as well.

Have a good day.

• midnight1327
    Options

Hi girls, hope everybody had a good weekend. Hope you enjoyed yr trip to Piha Alyson and the  zoo. I often think Hubby would of been  a really good zoo keeper instead of doing what he is doing, truck driving, he loves mingling with all animals.  We are getting different animals in as we eventually would like to have an animal bussiness and we are getting bird avairies  and would like to set something up, we have turtles and reptiles, but its such a lot of red tape and you got to put up maf and all the pain in the neck lisencing.

Musical, we just noticed that  he seems to get sick on a thursday evening. which then gives him friday off and the weekend following, gets abit suspect, thats all, BIL said, there was no eveidence that he was poorly at the depo, he just probably got his nickers in a twist as he got ticked off for not tying down the timber..  also it could be the statins that i am on for colestreol causing  the  joints to ache, but it is pretty sore at times. and as i said, i felt old getting into that truck. 

Hope everybody ok and a good weekend had by all,  Looks like the Northern end  copped it with the weather and we are too soon, going to feed the bunnies and ginea pigs,(those things are little gutses.) man they can eat and sqeal if they have not got it  as well. catch yas later.

• [Deleted User]
    Options

Raine are you watching?  How are you? Hope you are OK.

Well I put the chooks in last night and what do I see? a few mouse dirts in their food tray (grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr) little toads, and I saw a little hole just in front of their food tray. Great! Hubby had put tin about 6" down, surrounding the coop except one little area. Yeah of course the little sods find out dont they.   Yell !

kt  its sorta more post vintage, a 60 Chev with fats on. When Mums in it its ummmm, a case of  Cool with her. Oooo I do have to say V8s are the music of the car world. Yeah we did go for a little spin and she loooved it.

I find a lot of the media hype tiresome on the Olympics, but .I do love to watch the gymnastics.  Does anyone know when those are on?

Have a great day girls. 

• [Deleted User]
    Options

Mumma Blackbird

LOL Im just fiddling with a low res pik Ladies. This is our resident Mumma Blackbird who is as wild as, but over the years has somewhat mellowed (but of course she doesnt want you to know it) and comes onto the lino into our kitchen and gets fed.....that is, when it pleases her "royal birdship". She's old and has white feathers at the back of her neck, but still dive bombs us at nesting time LOL LOL.... of course she reckons she owns our garden and thankyou very much.  One day (about 3 years ago while she was nesting)  I said to her Im going to pat your tail and I did,and she flew up a bit, spun around, sat back on the nest highly indignant and looked at me as if to say LOOK DO YOU MIND????

Funny that, either that same day or the next, she came up to the doorstep for the first time, and that was the start of our Mumma blackbird saga.

• Rainenz
    Rainenz Member Posts: 21
    Options

Hi All

Have been home a week now, am still very tired and not doing very much. They have me on several new meds for blood presure (they are taking their toll on me) they had me on three different tabs, but have now been taken off 2 of them as my blood presure had drop too low.

Have been enjoying watching olympics between naps.

• midnight1327
    Options

Hi Rainenz, hope you will be  feeling better soon,  get lots of rest, thinking of you, take care, warm hugs.

• kt1966
    Options

I'm sooo looking forward to longer, lighter, brighter days. I hate the cold & wet!

Glad everyone is ok & that you are on the mend Rainenz. It will be nice when you feel a bit more like your old self...

Pesky varmints mice & rats! Hope you can get them under control Musical.

My DD & her friends had a lovely time at the ball- they all looked wonderful in their gowns & tuxes. Now I have to get my thinking cap on to decide what to wear to a seventies themed birthday party...Don't want to buy stuff especially, limited budget- so hopefully can be creative with what I have already...

Well better go feed animals before it gets dark, then I can hunker down inside where its warm & dry. 

• Alyson
    Options

Even the Kiwis are not around this morning, too much equestrian watching is my excuse.

Kt the ball sounds great and when is the 70s party? And like you can't wait for some reasonable weather.

Hate rats and mice, Gus one of opur cats brought in a whopper of a rat the other day, luckily DH was home.

Have a great day.

• kt1966
    Options

Hiya Alyson. Hope you've had a good day. It is quiet here... I sometimes check in on the Aussie forum for a quick read- haven't posted tho- anyway, saw the pic of your daughter there. You must be very proud- sounds like a v long opera tho!

The 70's party is on Sat, so I'd better decide what to wear pronto.

We had a bit of a clean out today & took a load of rubbish to the tip- feels good to get rid of some junk. I have a small pile to take to the hospice shop too. Its amazing what you accumulate over the years. I did find some beads (necklace from years ago) that will be good to wear to the party...

Hope you've all had a good day Smile 

• [Deleted User]
    Options

OK, here I am Ladies LOL.

Raine sorry to hear about these dramas. Thats tough on you. Hope you are tucked up and having lots of rest. At least its nice that you can chill out and watch Olympics. You are in my thoughts. Hope things get sorted soon with the meds.

Had quite a bit of rain down here last couple of days, but nothing comes within a bulls roar of Feb 2004 floods! Perish the thought of that again.

Awwww I REALLY wanted to watch Toddy but no good for the blood pressure. Im a shocker, Id have been up on the seat, down on the floor, up on the seat again, squirming and beside myself, and since one of me is enough .... I decided nope ... I wont even go there. He is a great horseman to watch. I LOVE the individual dressage. Anybody know when that is on? That is SKILL.

Yes its a bloomin mouse. The sight of them make me nauseous, and as for rats YUUUUUUUUCK!!! They actually make me dry retch. I cant stand them! Yell I've always told my hubby I dont mind setting the rat trap, (with gloves on of course) but you can empty it !!! (oooooooouuur ) Have to wait til he's off for the weekend to place some tin or something down, as my excuse is Arimidex has made me 100 yrs old at the mo.  Meantime, Ive poked something down the hole and hope that suffices. It's little things like this that make you feel so useless sometimes. 

Midnight where are you? You OK? Went for a little ride in my brothers van when we were taking mum to Hospital, and when I went to get out, its quite a long way up, I sorta landed heavyish on my left foot which is very achy at times, and boy I just about crashed! I wont do that again. Thanks Arimidex. 

• Alyson
    Options

Morning all

Just popping in to say hi. Bit sleepy again - too much TV.

Have a great day.

• midnight1327
    Options

Hi, yea i am here, i had spent all day in bed yesterday. I woke up yeaterday with my inna ear thing, felt like i was on the high seas, that giddy. i get meneires and every so often i get an attack, cant turn my head to left side or i throw up. it incompacitates me to no end. get up to go loo and you have to hold  to things along the way or you fall over. today i feel like  i am on the jetty and the rolling over the waves, that  is how my head is today. very heavy and foggy.  its a terrible thing when you get it, don't get it as much now, but you would not want to.  it used to be that i had my head over a bucket all the time.  i am just slow moving today or i get all whoozy in the head and any sudden quick moves and man. but i will come right. am still alive though. hope  everybody else ok and musical, glad you did not crash. that would of been something you could well do with out. As far as rats are concerend,  yuk yuk, hubby has an air rifle and when he sees them he shoots. he got a stote right in side of head other.day and he has found that rats having biting the legs of the cockateil birds, two without legs, they have one  leg each. the boys are   going to catch them  all and put them in another avairy that has a floor in it. they are swines had killing  and maiming the birds.. anyway will go and clean up and then have a rest. warm hugs.

• Hils
    Options

Hi All

Boy did it rain last night I though I might need a kayak this morning to get out of the house. Luckily it is just very wet, the grass is squishy when you walk on it but no flooding just at the local reserve which has developed a small duck pond on it.

As for rats and mice, I don't like them but luckily they don't freak me out too much. In London there were rats and foxes in our garden. One day I was sitting in the garden and I heard a rustling of the leaves, I just thought it was some birds rooting around for worms etc. I don't know who was more shocked me or the rat that popped out of the rustling leaves! We both just sat there staring at each other - then the I moved and the rat scarpered.

Sorry to hear that you have not been well Midnight, that is not good. That is how I feel as soon as I head on to any boat, so I hope you get well really soon.

Alyson sounds like you have beeen having great fun at the Opera and watching the Olympics. The next few days with the rowing finals should be excellent. Also looking forward to the start of the athletics.

Your 70's party Kt should be a blast, big hair, crazy patterns and flare trousers and oh yes beads. Please find a way to post a picture! It sounds as if your DD ball was a great success, that is brilliant.

Raine I hope that you are feeling stronger and that you are beginning to feel a little stronger. Hoping that you have a very quick and smoothe recovery.

Hope you are doing good Musical and enjoyed Toddy winning his Bronze

OK bored with the rain now, would like to see a bit of sunshine and some dry weather for the weekend at least if not before.

Big hugs to you all, stay warm, dry and safe

xx

• Hils
    Options

Musical this is for you

Equestrian: Dressage, grand prix day one, Louisa Hill, 10pm tonight

Should be great to watch - may have to catch up with it tomorrow

Enjoy

• [Deleted User]
    Options

Hils you rock. Thanks! Cool  Anyone knows when it will start...OR better still is there somewhere online I can go to get a TV guide for Olympics so I dont have to pester all of you all the time?  Yeah we do like to see some of those athletics.

Yep Toddy is one great horseman. I love how he sits a horse. Unfortunately this isnt Olympics but my favourite of favourites  are Quarter horses and western riding, which is very technical and amazingly skillful too. 

Menieres is awful. I dont have it but I have a brother and my Mum who do. Hope you are OK Midnight.

• kt1966
    Options

Hi all. Hope you are all having a good day. I was really lazy today & after feeding animals & dropping my DD to school I went back to bed & read my book! It was lovely... 

Now that the rain has stopped time to go feed beasts again. I'll be sooo glad to see the back of the rain for a decent amount of time.

Take care, enjoy your weekend. (I found a paisley dress in the local hospice shop that just might do for the party...)

Ps I hope your much better today midnight 

• midnight1327
    Options
    hello girls, thanks Kt, not too bad, had still woozy when i turn over or when i stand up. much better, i was going to go to Docs if had not improoved by today. did not sleep too well, i think i had too much sleep over past two days, with being in bed as thats all you feel like doing with that. Also our dogs decided they would sqouble over different parts of the bed they would sleep on.  Heidi is a shihtzu and shadow a foxy, she wanted to be where he was, and he growled, she wined, this like 12.30. then when he moved, she decided she did not want to be there anyway.  it was like a piece of sausage other night, she did not want it, so i said, shadow you have it, soon as he did, she ran up to it and scoffed it. TART. i finally got to sleep, hubby starts work at 5 loading the trucks for the day and i managed to  fall asleep and i awoke  to this terrible noise, and then i realised it was me, SNORING like an old pig. gosh hubby said, glad the neighbour is a night shift worker as some times i snore so loud he thinks he out with the chainsaw, well i heard it myself, subconsiously, and the poor neighbours would think they had a pig next door,  lol.  it wasnt a snore, it was a roar. gave myself a fright,  so i will sleep well tonight,  snore well tonight, hubby turns me over at times, worse on my back. but i am going to  have a wee nap now.  have a great weekend girls,
  • Alyson
    Options

Hi all

Pleased you are feeling better Midnight. So funny about the snoring.

Had a very scary experience yesterday. I reacted to a new drug which GP gave me for my fibromyelgia. I am starting to feel normal again thank goodness. Haven't done anything except knit and watch TV. More olympics tonight, maybe even more golds!!!

My sister is out tonight so DH and I might go up the road for a meal. Then we are out tomorrow night.

Have fun at the party KT, what have you decided to wear?

Hope everyone has a good weekend.

• kt1966
    Options

Hi Alyson,

I'm glad you've recovered after the scary drug reaction. Enjoy tonight with just the two of you.

I've pretty much decided to wear a skivvy with the paisley dress (found in Hospice shop) & maybe my chemo wig & a head band. Not too groovy, but I don't want to go out & buy stuff. DH found a really garish shirt (yellow/green/orange). Prob won't stay late, I need my sleep these days- I was in bed by 9 last night!

Funny about the snoring midnight. I have to nudge DH sometimes, but he's not loud enough to wake the neighbours (they live too far away)!

Cheers girls Wink 

• Alyson
    Options

One more gold, great.

• Hils
    Options

What a cracking night at the Olympics - two golds, a bronze and Nick Willis is in the semis. Its going to be another great week for sport, lets hope the Chiefs can also bring it home!

Have a great weekend everyone

• midnight1327
    Options
    Amen to that Hills. it was quite excitinf watching the boys and Mahe Drysdale get the gold, i did not c who got the other bronze tho. never mind i hope we are in the medal winning tonight. have  a great weekend.
  • Hils
    Options

Hi Midnight - the bronze went to the lads in the cycling pursuit. Looks like we may be up for some medals in the sailing and looking forward to see Val do her stuff in the shot put. Have to say really enjoyed the 800m freestyle we came 4th but Lauren Boyle did brilliantly beating her personal best again (twice in two days) - probably the best kiwi swimming result of the games. 

Just read an article that Australia would like to join us and be called Team Oceania for the Olympics as that would boost their rankings on the medal table. Surely this cannot be correct!

The sun is shining and the garden is beckoning. Hope everyone has a brilliant weekend

• midnight1327
    Options

Aussy are doing fine and we are doing brillantly, better than i expected. i was getting abit concerend about it at first, they were not winning much at all, but now they are  doing so well, yay. lets hope for a great medal win for nz.  have a great weekend.