Come join others currently navigating treatment in our weekly Zoom Meetup! Register here: Tuesdays, 1pm ET.
Fill Out Your Profile to share more about you. Learn more...

Weekly Taxol group

Options

Comments

• Krazycatlady37
    Krazycatlady37 Member Posts: 2
    edited July 2012
    Options

I start 12 weekly taxols on Tuesday. Maybe it's chemo brain, but having trouble determining when I am going to feel good and when I am not. If I do tx on Tuesday, will I be okay to work Saturday and Sinday?

• Sissydi
    Sissydi Member Posts: 183
    edited July 2012
    Options

Krazycatlady. I think you'll find it much easier than A/C! Usually day 3 after treatment is sort of a crash day, mostly due to steroids wearing off, but you should be able to work fine.

• ladyfighter
    ladyfighter Member Posts: 57
    edited July 2012
    Options

Hi you all!

I'm in infusion room right now for #7 taxol/herceptin, feeling okay little tired. Dizzy comes and goes as usual. Little achy lower back pain. Saw MO before infusion, said I'm doing good! And WBC good enough! I dread tonight I will probably be hopping high with steroid :/

Hope everyone doing ok with low SE, , welcome newcomers. I agree taxol so much easier than A/C!

Jpmom, you are giving me hopes about feeling better and better after taxol ends! :) however I have to go for herceptin every 3 weeks for a year! Ugh!

Xoxox

• ladyfighter
    edited July 2012
    Options

Lollipop, did you had lumpectomy?

I hope my eyebrows comes back thicker because I over plucked them when I was 15 and it had been thin ever since except my eyelashes were always long and full. So you think I will have thick eyebrows after this ends? I hope so lol

Sissydi, glad all good with you! I agree that drinking lots will help flesh out. But I think my UTI caused from sex, I need to buy some cream or something.

• gonegirl
    gonegirl Member Posts: 1,022
    edited July 2012
    Options

krazycat:  i always crashed on sunday after my friday taxol.  the steroids kept me up on saturday. then i was down for 2 days (sunday, monday) and had a bit more energy on tuesday. but everyone is different. some folks seem to breeze, others are more tired. i was more tired.

susan

• Sissydi
    edited July 2012
    Options

Lady fighter, yes I agree it could be sex causing the bladder spasms....it's gone now.

• jpmomof3
    jpmomof3 Member Posts: 198
    edited July 2012
    Options

Krazycat I agree with the other on day three being the worst.  but even with that it wasnt too bad to work even on day three for a lot of people.  Good luck!  You made it through adriamycin and cytoxan, you are doing the same chemo i did.  You are through the worst of it!

• ladyfighter
    edited July 2012
    Options

Gritgirl, almost like clockwork i sleep 12 to 14 hours on fri night/sat afternoon! I get infusion on Thursdays. Mostly I get so tired but manageable.

Krazycat, you can make notes on calendar on your SE's to keep track, because my SE's seemed to be on clockwork every week for most part. Good luck! :)

• hopeful123
    hopeful123 Member Posts: 78
    edited July 2012
    Options

My MO called to say my hemoglobin and RBC's are low. Going in again today for blood work. They don't think it is due to Taxol. It has been low since my surgery and AC. Hope it gets back up by itself. I don't eat meat so that doesn't help either. Any thoughts.....

To make things worse I decided to have Boost yesterday and this triggered diarrhea :( I have to have an Imodium now to calm things down.

• gonegirl
    edited July 2012
    Options

hopeful. that sucks.  i don't tend to eat a lot of meat myself so i ate raisins and leafy green vegetables instead. although, i did try and eat more meat when my red blood cells would go down.  i hope you feel better.

susan

• hopeful123
    edited July 2012
    Options

Didn't realize that raisins helped. I was just making myself a spinach quesadilla. I will definitely go for the raisins. Thanks Susan.

• Sissydi
    edited July 2012
    Options

Blah, can't stay awake with this round of Taxol.....(insert complaining here)....each time I get it, the fatigue grows....5 more to go.

• hopeful123
    edited July 2012
    Options

Phew...blood tests today showed hemoglobin was up again so no longer in the very low end. I just didn't want to have to get transfusion or any RBC's boosters. Hope this holds on till I am done with Taxol. Raisins and spinach here I come.

Sissydi- you are more than 50% done. Hang in there this is going to be all behind us soon.

• ladyfighter
    edited July 2012
    Options

Tx 7, day 2. Feeling shitty achy flu-like, in bed.

Sissydi, hope u feeling better

Hopeful, my hemoglobin and RBC's are also low but my MO didn't seem to be concerned. Glad yours went up! :)

Grit girl, raisin helps raise rbc ? Then I'm gonna have to eat them! Thanks for info

Hope all having nice night tonight. I hope to bounce back to normal tomorrow as every Saturday I feel so normal for past 7 weeks we shall see!

Xoxox to all

• hopeful123
    edited July 2012
    Options

Lady fighter- Hope you feel better and have a good weekend. My weeks are also following a pattern. Thursday-Friday are my down days.

• Sissydi
    edited July 2012
    Options

Thank you girls, you always make me feel better! I do feel physically better too, after resting today and staying out of the heat ;)

• Sissydi
    edited July 2012
    Options

Good morning! In the big girl chair this morning for Taxol #8! 4 more to go after this.....nails hanging in, only one is separating a bit from the bed, but not bad.....just fatigue and some bloody nose episodes, but otherwise doing well! Sooooo tired of not having brows, though! My head hair is coming back, but not ready to go topless yet. Soooo sick of the wig.....can't stand to wear it in the heat.......scarves are so much more comfortable, but they elicit stares and the "poor thing" look! Aaack, I just want to look normal again!

• gonegirl
    edited July 2012
    Options

Sissy, hang in there. It'll be over soon.

Susan

• jpmomof3
    jpmomof3 Member Posts: 198
    edited July 2012
    Options

Good luck Sissy with number 8.  I understand about the head covers.  I have been doing scarves all along.  but know what you mean about the oh, poor thing looks.  We will get there soon!  Cant wait to go topless either.  I am PF taxol 2 weeks now.  feeling better each day, just getting nervous about the surgery and just want to get it done and behind me.  We will get through this, it just seems to take forever.  But time is going by!  Updated my avatar with a photo from yesterday.  The hair is growing, slowly slowly but growing.

• gonegirl
    edited July 2012
    Options

Just listened to this very good talk on current research in prevention and treatment of neuropathy. Wish I'd known about this before I got my chemo.  The neuropathy in my feet and hands is still there and really bugging me.

http://lbbc.org/Event-Archive/2012-05-31-Neuropathy 

• gonegirl
    edited July 2012
    Options
    Just listened to this very good talk on current research in prevention and treatment of neuropathy. Wish I'd known about this before I got my chemo. The neuropathy in my feet and hands is still there and really bugging me.

http://lbbc.org/Event-Archive/2012-05-31-Neuropathy

• Sissydi
    edited July 2012
    Options

Thanks Susan! I'll check out that link!

Jpmom, what is your natural color? It looks like its coming in brunette?

• Lauren423
    Lauren423 Member Posts: 19
    edited July 2012
    Options

Ladyfighter - you and I are doing the same tx schedule, except you are about 6 weeks ahead of me.  :)  Great idea about tracking the SEs on a calendar - seeing it (instead of just thinking about it) will help me know what to except in conjunction with other stuff I have going on (trips, etc.). 

• ladyfighter
    edited July 2012
    Options

Tx 7, day 5. Feeling so so today. I slept 14.5 hours last fri night-sat afternoon, whoa! Felt good after that. But Sunday and today so so, dizzy on and off ugh! Everything else is fine and normal. Hair still growing!! But not lashes or brows :(

Lauren, sounds great! Hope you will get through breeze. I know someone who lives in Louisville even works at oncology office!

Sissy and jpmom, my mom bought me wig, never wore not even once! I can't see myself wearing one! Have been using scarves, hats, caps, turbans. Many times I was this close to go out with nothing! But not yet! Lol yes I am totally sick of wearing them. I kept looking at my hair is it growing? Is it enough to go without scarf? My hair feels like baby hair. :)

Hopeful, looks like you have little or no SE?

Looking forward to #8 on Thursday! Still weighing about radiation, Im going to write down all questions to ask my MO about it .

Have a great night! Xoxox

• ladyfighter
    edited July 2012
    Options

Sissy, did you load up some proteins? That would help with fatigue. Hope your bloody nose is better?

• Sissydi
    edited July 2012
    Options

Yes, I'm definitely upping my proteins! And yes, my nose is better......my nurse said to put a little Neosporin up there before bed, and that should help. All body orifices are really sensitive. But my blood counts are low, but still in the good range.

• hopeful123
    edited July 2012
    Options

Getting ready for number 4 tomorrow. As much as I hate going every week I do like the fact that the Tx numbers move fast. Can't wait to get them done.

Lady fighter - fatigue and mouth sores are my only issues. I used to eat ice during AC, I am planning on doing it tomorrow to see if that helps.

Susan- thanks for the info. No neuropathy yet, but I am on only 4 and 8 more to go so I am sure I will need this.

Sissydi- hope 8 goes fine or you. I used to wear a wig all the time. But lately only scarves. I know what ou mean by the pity looks. But on the flip side I feel I am going through so much crap that if people choose to be a little nicer to me because of my scarf so be it :)

Jpmom- wow it is looking darker and more in the newer avatar.

Lauren- I am with you still a long way to go.

• ladyfighter
    edited July 2012
    Options

Hi HOpeful, when I started first, I said oh my long ways! but i am going for #8, whoa! time flies! :) I am surprised a lot of people having mouth sores from chemo, knock on wood havent had any. 

Sissydi, I just made no bake protein balls last night for the heck of it! it was yummy! I would eat them like 3 of them at a time without hurting me. So easy to make! you can google for receipe. I also used blender mix the orange juice, ice cubes and whey protein powder, it tasted really good. once or twice a day.

JPmom, your hair is coming out nicely!! looks like my color.

Today, i just stay home and taking it easy. Pretty much dont feel like doing anything. I dont know how anyone would go work full time during chemo. I am glad that my husband and I own business and I do at my own time. Not worrying about be at work on time or be there at all!

Have a good day!

Hugs xoxox 

• Sissydi
    edited July 2012
    Options

Lady fighter, I just have to ask....what is on your head in your avatar, lol?!

• ladyfighter
    edited July 2012
    Options

LOL, pink hat with sun shining through it from behind. Let me change the pic to show you my barehead