Come join others currently navigating treatment in our weekly Zoom Meetup! Register here: Tuesdays, 1pm ET.
Donate to Breastcancer.org when you checkout at Walgreens in October. Learn more about our Walgreens collaboration.
Join us for a Special Meetup: The Benefits of Exercise for Anyone With Breast Cancer, Oct. 16, 2024 at 2pm ET. Learn more and register here.

For Arimidex (Anastrozole) users, new, past, and ongoing

Comments

• pontiacpeggy
    pontiacpeggy Member Posts: 6,338

Iris, I'm also still on Windows 7 with no issues. ****I also have automatic updates turned off REALLY OFF*** I suspect that's your problem. You do NOT have to update to Win10 unless you want to.

HUGS!!!

• proudtospin
    proudtospin Member Posts: 4,671

my previous Win 7 crashed and could not be fixed so ended up with Win 8, not thrilled but it may be this model machine, who knows! I curse at it a lot!

have recreated the stuff several times and each time I swear the next time I call my pal to get me an Apple but hate really to spend the money!

oh well, venting is over now, the sun is out and the sky is lovely, need to take my lunch and sit on the deck and watch the bunnies and squirrels!

• pontiacpeggy

Iris, I have an HP laptop and it has been flawless. Didn't go cheap when I got it 2 years ago (still less expensive than an Apple). I'd recommend it - have the 17" screen, huge HD and tons of RAM. Everything actually works! Amazing! (I had Vista before and it was okay, but the laptop has...issues).

HUGS!!

• proudtospin

Peggy, have had HP in the past

when my last one crashed I did go cheapo so next one, will not do that route! I just really do not like spending money on techie things, no smart phone and still using an old flip style that works fine for me!

there are other things I would rather use my money for than tech toys~~

• pontiacpeggy

Iris, you and my DH must be related. He is definitely not techie. That's really too bad because using a tablet would make help him pass time more enjoyably in the nursing home. But with the Parkinson's he finds it very hard to use touchscreens And he's never been a computer fan (though he loves everything I do with one and Skyping).

I love my tech toys - I have a Samsung Galaxy Note4 (nice, big smartphone), a NookHD tablet and, my trusty laptop. I'm good to go! (Plus I have my older, really sick laptop, and a REALLY old smaller laptop for when the former laptop was in its death throes - always prepared).

HUGS!

• proudtospin

I have a notepad, do not use it much but hey, my laptop is always on my lap~~

believe it or not, I sold data processing services for many years till I retired so guess it is a case of overload!

• proudtospin

at a certain point in my career, like after the BC junk appeared, I decided that I wanted to retire at 65 so in order to do that, I began "pulling poverty" and really changed my spending. Then my employer started having problems and for a while I thought they would fold before I hit 65 which would have been rough for insurance.

Result is I have this really lean way of living! no bills, computers have not made the cut! but got my house, all paid for and life is lean and mean, funky huh?

• pontiacpeggy

Congratulations, Iris! You are one strong woman to be so lean and mean. That is very hard to do!

HUGS!!!

• suladog
    suladog Member Posts: 837

Pegg,

I got myself a new iPad Air 2 yesterday as my old IPad 2 was eating many of my posts on this site (it was 4 yrs old and only had 16g memory... The new one has 64g and so I never lose a post, and an iPhone 6 for mobile posting . I work on a MacPro laptop with a big monitor to actually work on, husband has a Big Mac desktop which looks like a big flat screen. We work together at a partners desk facing each other but we can barely see each other's heads over our computers and he's 6 ft +! I also have a kindle paper white for reading, in short I always have some sort of apple device in my hands at some time during the day... Except that watch which I think is really dumb

• pontiacpeggy

Suladog, We HAVE to be armed with our technology! I love it all. I'm not an Apple person but I walk on the wild side and have friends who are. Sometime I'd like to get me a nice big Samsung tablet but probably not for awhile. I was having trouble with those damn flat keys on my keyboard - some just not working when I hit them - so got out the wireless keyboard. So nice to have a REAL keyboard with sculpted keys that make noise. Then the underside of my right wrist was unhappy (too much mouse?) so got out the wrist rest. Now my laptop is in the next county. Good thing my glasses are strong enough to handle that distance :)

(I think the watch is dumb too)

HUGS!!

• suladog

Pegg,

As writers my husband and I have been on apples since the first one as it's sort of the go to system for screenwriters...but they'll never get one of those watches on me.

• pontiacpeggy

Suladog, I had forgotten that you are a screenwriter. I had Apples way back in the Dark Ages: an Apple //e and then an Apple //gs. I guess the point of the watch has gone over my head :)

HUGS!

• WaveWhisperer
    WaveWhisperer Member Posts: 557

Suladog, I bought an IPad Air2 last week, with 128g memory plus cell service. It's my third I Pad, and I use it more than my MacbookPro or my MacAir. I also have an IPhone, Mac Air and Kindle. My husband has Macbbok Pro, Mac Air, Kindle and IPad plus phone. We have cords everywhere! We both are retired journalists...

Peggy, I agree about the watch. Too small for my old eyes and fingers. I don't think it will be a big hit.

• lago
    lago Member Posts: 11,653

I can use mac and PC. My PC is from 2008. Still does what I need it too. Not ready for a new one yet.

• pontiacpeggy

I'm only one person and I seem to have cords everywhere too, WaveWhisperer. Sitting out, I just have the 17" laptop, NookHD (7") and my Note4. Well, I have the wireless keyboard and wristpad too. The only downside of technology is that I want to use it all EXCEPT the watch, of course. Don't need anything with small displays. I bought the mass market paperback of Game of Thrones 1 and regretted it since the print was tiny and the maps impossible even with a magnifying glass. I've bought the rest in trade paperback size and my eyes are soooooo happy!

HUGS!

• Thereselm
    Thereselm Member Posts: 3

Thank you everyone for your post! Very helpful, supportive and encouraging! It's nice to be able to chat with others that have been in the same situation! Best wishes to all of you

• Chloesmom
    Chloesmom Member Posts: 626

Weird. Yesterday I could hardly walk across the room Today I went for a nice walk outside. No way to predict how my feet are going to feel. Yesterday I was able to type. Today the pinky finger locks up and aches. Go figure. Hard to give dr feedback when you don't know what's next

• suladog

Wave,

Yes most writers we know are all appled up they seem to work best with this profession, we have a couple of friends with Apple watches but I just don't get a device which requires me to carry another device to use the first device.

• pontiacpeggy

ChloesMom, have you considered keeping a record of all the things that are going on or not? Perhaps you might discover that yesterday you used that pinky to lift weights and today it is miserable (okay, a bit out there but you do get the idea). Maybe keep a spreadsheet with the date, how the body (and its parts) are working), what activities you did today, any foods that might not be in your normal diet, different medications (did you take a bottle of Tylenol because you overdid the gardening?). It might be worthwhile and it would be a good record to show your MO.

I'm sorry you're miserable.

HUGS!

• Chloesmom
    Chloesmom Member Posts: 626

thanks for great idea Peggy! I have switched to Aromosin as my knuckles for to be an arthritic mess with the Arimidex The mO said she'd swutch to Femara if this was a problem too

I don't want to jump the gun on switching as really want to find an AInthat works best even with SE After seeing my dad and brother with mets I will gladly live with SE

• jojo2373
    jojo2373 Member Posts: 60

Anyone encounter migraines with Arimidex? I mean really bad migraines too? My MO has taken me off AI's and I am going back to Tamoxifen soon. I started having horrible headaches about 5 months in on Arimidex - so bad i ended up in the hospital. A microbleed was found in my brain, may or may not be related to the med too.

Sadly i was hoping to stay with it, not sure if this new article has been posted?

http://www.medicalnewstoday.com/articles/297297.php

• litgirl
    litgirl Member Posts: 2

JoJo

I was diagnosed with migraines while taking Arimidex and I had never had them before. I googled Arimidex and Migraines and found other people had the same issues.

For Anyone:

I finished my 5 years on Arimidex 2 days ago and I am interested in knowing if the side effects of Arimidex will lessen over time and how long it will take......

• pontiacpeggy

Chloesmom, glad to help out. Sometimes there are specific triggers that you can discover. Sometimes there's nothing to be found but it could be worth a looksee :)

HUGS!

• lago
    lago Member Posts: 11,653

litgirl I quit Anastrozole and switched to Exemestane last year. I was on a 5 week break. I started to feel better in less than a week! Also lost a bit of weight too. My eyelashes/eyebrows grew back some as well during that 5 weeks.

• litgirl
    litgirl Member Posts: 2

Thanks for the post - I have no brows and never thought it was the medicine. That is really funny because I am blaming everything on the meds!!!!

• pontiacpeggy

Litgirl, please help us help you by updating your profile with your treatments, dx, etc, and make it public. Then we'll know where you are and where you're going :)

HUGS!

• Redheaded1
    Redheaded1 Member Posts: 1,455

I been having awful pain in my feet, ankles, etc. so today I went to this place in our mall that does massage. Got an hour long "reflexology" on both legs and I kid you not, I feel like a brand new woman.......they covered my face with a towel and my body with a towel and I almost went to sleep. She found lots of ouches and just seemed to know how to "relax" them.... Cost me 40.00 and it was well spent.....

• pontiacpeggy

Red, that is totally amazing! Don't you wish you'd found this sooner. Fingers and toes crossed that it lasts and lasts!

HUGS!!

• spookiesmom
    spookiesmom Member Posts: 8,178

Sounds wonderful Red!!

• marianelizabeth
    marianelizabeth Member Posts: 1,156

Jo, hope you get some answers here! No changes for me in my 2.5 week holiday from Anastrozole but two weeks on Venlafaxine (Effexor) I have noticed fewer night sweats. But maybe more insomnia. Arrghhh!

I got back my bone density results and in 2.5 years since last one, 3% change in spine and 5% in femoral neck. Lucky for me no real issues with pain. Still doing lots of weight bearing for sure so guess I better keep that up.