Fill Out Your Profile to share more about you. Learn more...

Pinktober Revolution

Options

Comments

• Surly
    Surly Member Posts: 73
    Options

I really like the T-shirt, especially taking back the pink. I do wonder if it needs the "Dear SGK" thought because I think the message should be to everyone. Just my knee-jerk reaction. 

• Mini1
    Mini1 Member Posts: 1,309
    Options

Read How We DO Harm. Worth every minute. I wished hed stayed in Deteroit. I'd pay the out of area cost to have him for my onco doc!

• wren44
    wren44 Member Posts: 7,881
    Options

Shells, I think the color is good. I don't really want to wear a  bad pink.

Everyone, We will need to research that the slogan/picture has not been copyrighted. I think the owner of the copyright would probably give permission to use it, but better safe than sorry.

• Stormynyte
    Stormynyte Member Posts: 179
    Options

Let um sue me. The way the court system works, I'll be long dead before they get anywhere. Not like I have anything to give um if they did. They can add it to the list of "money I owe but don't have and probably never will." What would I do with a good credit rating anyway? LoL

• Linda-n3
    Linda-n3 Member Posts: 1,713
    Options

Stormynyte, I LOVE your attitude!!!! Hang tough, girl!

• shells43
    shells43 Member Posts: 499
    Options

Ok, I got it changed and put back the Pinktober Revolution.

@Wren, do you mean the "all I got is this lousy shirt" phrase? Which picture are you referring to? I'm mostly adding to the shirt collection until we decide what to do so I don't have to make them again. I can put the elements we like all together on one shirt eventually.

http://snarkyts.onlineshirtstores.com/shop/view_product/Pinktober_Revolution_2?c=530623&ctype=0&n=3093208&o=1

Is anyone else seeing  blank shirt and no text? Please let me know what browser you are using (Firefox, IE, Chrome) so I can fix it.

• barbe1958
    barbe1958 Member Posts: 7,605
    Options

I'm on Chrome and I see the picture just fine! (Nothing on the back...right?)

• LuvRVing
    LuvRVing Member Posts: 2,409
    Options

I'm seeing it fine on IE9 - no graphic on the back, though.

• LuvRVing
    LuvRVing Member Posts: 2,409
    Options

I would like to think about putting the saying in the here and now...

I WANT a cure for breast cancer and all I GET is a lousy tshirt

Just another perspective, and I'm perfectly OK with the the saying as it is now.

• wren44
    Options

Shells, Mostly I was referring to the pic of the two elderly women with walkers. I personally would adore having a shirt with that on it.

• sas-schatzi
    sas-schatzi Member Posts: 15,879
    Options

Just to reinforce the idea that there was no intent to choose "A" slogan, to represent what we are espousing. There have been many slogans offered as suggestions, all of which have value and can be used by anyone.

• duckyb1
    duckyb1 Member Posts: 9,646
    Options

I GAVE UP A LOT TO WEAR THIS LOUSY PINK T-SHIRT,...SHOW ME THE MONEY....

• sas-schatzi
    Options

To all __Flash--moment of insight----it will work to divide up pages for archiving.  So whomever That wanted to help  remind me and I'll walk you through the steps. Sheila/sassy whomever I am

It was a --DUH moment Flash-- easy as eating chocolate cake.

• barbe1958
    Options

ducky, I LOVE it!!!! Kinda says it all.

I lost double for my trouble. Find a friggin' CURE! 

• lee7
    lee7 Member Posts: 204
    Options

Here's another idea, and maybe make the dollar signs PINK.

A sister promised a cure.

Dedicate more of the $$ to research... and find it.

• mebmarj
    mebmarj Member Posts: 143
    Options

They cut it/'em out/off, burn 'em and pump in toxins. The war on BC hasn't changed in years. SICK AND TIRED OF CANCER. We're aware, we want answers!

• wren44
    Options

How about a t-shirt that has a boob on one side and a scar on the other? Maybe say The Other One Could Still Use a Cure.

• Dakota212
    Dakota212 Member Posts: 104
    Options

I love that!! That would get attention!!

• crystalphm
    crystalphm Member Posts: 277
    Options

That is awesome. And even if I never wear a t-shirt, this is so empowering!!! I hope others are feeiing this same energy!

• sas-schatzi
    Options

crystal spread the word babe---------come and unload and teach

• shells43
    Options

@Wren, love that one. I'm inspired.

• barbe1958
    Options

shells, do the scar in pink, dark. It'll match the print.

• shells43
    Options

Good idea, I couldn't figure out the right color.

• wren44
    Options
    For an organization that's doing it right, look at Dr. Susan Love's Army of Women. She has people signed up to be notified of research they might be interested in joining. Her research institute is looking for a cause as well as a cure. They have a walk in Las Vegas on Sept 8. It's being organized by volunteers and 100% of the money goes to research. Inexplicably she's partnered with Avon. Maybe she can convince them to make a few safe products.
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Member Posts: 1,017
    Options

shells

what about Barbe's      FOCTOBER - never forget, never pink!

That's the shirt I want to buy.  Thanks.

• Bluebird-DE
    Bluebird-DE Member Posts: 1,233
    Options

I finally found the links to the woman who made the impact on my life and recovery.  She sounded the alarm that there was a vaccine in Ohio but no funding possible as the ecpense was too high for the doctor.  She believed in that and the cure to her death.  She was an oncology nurse.  This is a video and links to her last interview in life with Growing Bolder.  I will never forget the night I looked her up on facebook and found that she had almost 2000 friends I think, and she had been so sad in the end because they had not helped her spread the word about that vaccine.  Her information also brought me to the treatment choices I was seeking, a truly spiritual path for me to follow.  Her name was Michele Ann Salvo.  May we always remember all of them and their hopes for the cure in their lifetime.

http://growingbolder.com/media/health/cancer/stand-up-and-fight-756160.html 

• sas-schatzi
    Options

essa-Video,what can you say, Michelle tried, the vaccine why what happened?

• gardengumby
    gardengumby Member Posts: 4,860
    Options

It didn't sound to me like she tried the vaccine herself.  It sounds like she was trying to get funding for it - that so far it's only been tested on mice.  I'm basing this opinion strictly on the interview posted, though.  I don't know anything else.  Does anyone?

• Linda-n3
    Linda-n3 Member Posts: 1,713
    Options

I had an inspiration today as I was watching Rachel Ray. (in my previous life, I NEVER watched TV in the morning as I was out the door to work by 6:30 am) She has several segments on her show, aimed at women, focuses on cooking, fashion, healthy things, new ideas, etc. So, I was thinking her show would be a GREAT opportunity to educate the public in October about breast cancer, including cooking for cancer, fashions for postMX who can't or don't have reconstruction, with or without foobs, how to talk to a cancer survivor without offending or demeaning or belittling, current state of research, current state of treatments, how to find out the risks and benefits of the treatments suggested, allopathic, naturopathic, Eastern, Western medicine approaches, complimentary therapy, support groups, etc, etc.

Could have a "why we hate pink t-shirts" commentary. Could have a "flat & fabulous" discussion & fashion show. Could have a "how we can better support research" discussion. Could have a cooking demonstration. Etc.

Does anyone have any connections or know how to go about contacting her producers to actually put together such a show?

I don't remember which network this program is on, but I am pretty sure all the major networks have some kind of talk show like this, and October would be the perfect timing for them to put something on. Anyone with connections to other networks?