Fill Out Your Profile to share more about you. Learn more...

Pinktober Revolution

Options

Comments

• FireKracker
    FireKracker Member Posts: 5,858
    Options

Ok I will agree on the pink shrit.After much thought its true that is our color like it or not.

I would love to see any statement that will be an eye opener.

And in Bold Black letters.

• sas-schatzi
    sas-schatzi Member Posts: 15,879
    Options

Julz amazing hard work The numbers are depressing. There is someone that posted a number of pages back that was good at explaining statistics---PM them and see if looking at your numbers, can they think of making any analysis/interpretation of them

• fredntan
    fredntan Member Posts: 237
    Options

I hate pink

• FireKracker
    Options

fredntan---i hate pink too.....hate hate hate it but like it or not it is our color.

I never ever wear pink BUT if we wanna be heard it should be pink.

Julz---the numbers are scary.

Find a damn cure/vacine.....NOW!!!!!!!!!!!!

• wren44
    wren44 Member Posts: 7,877
    Options

I really liked pink and looked good in it - until BC.

• FireKracker
    Options

i think the shirt should be in pepto bismol pink....

• Mini1
    Mini1 Member Posts: 1,309
    Options

Julz - I think we would see hgher numbers in the older age groups, however, many are not either computer savvy, have no computer available, or are of a generation not as comfortable sharing personal info in this medium (or any other for some). What I find scary is the the young ages. So, so, sad. It's hard enough to make the decisions we need to for ourselves. I can't imagine having to make them for my child. I had a friend with a 7 year-old with brain cancer and helping her through that was bad enough. Thankfully, he's all grown up and doing well.

• kad2kar
    kad2kar Member Posts: 45
    Options

How about a florescent green with broken pink ribbon?

• [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Member Posts: 26
    Options
  • Stormynyte
    Stormynyte Member Posts: 179
    Options

Great picture! I love it.

• Mini1
    Options

Love it!

• veggy
    veggy Member Posts: 4,150
    Options

That was awesome! Thanks for the laugh!!!

• FireKracker
    Options

I will wear a shirt with exactly that on it....boy does that say it all!!!!!!!!

• kyliet
    kyliet Member Posts: 587
    Options

Fantastic picture, says it all.

• julz4
    julz4 Member Posts: 1,373
    Options

Hi all.... As I'm not feeling well due to RADS & a cough that's what I did while sitting around. Conserving my energy to drag my patooty into work.

Mini....exactly. Only those who chose to post or even saw the thread as it is in the stage IV forum. As for your friend It is one of the hardest decisions. Through all this mess with DX my 2end Grandson was born premature 12 weeks with Congenital Diaphragic Hernia & almost died. My DIL then had her colon removed after he was born for ulcerative colitis. She has several more surgeries to go. He is a miracle & came home after several months in the NICU 4 days before Mothers Day. I found my BC a few weeks later. Then my niece who has battled brain cancer since 4th grade has just found out at 27 that it has started growing again. She is refusing treatment as she never wants to go through Chemo & Rads again. A second cousins son then found that his bone tumor cancer is back at age 30 after spending a whole straight year in the hospital at age 14-15. He has a few months left. Cancer effin Sucks! Too Dam Much on my plate. This is a painful year my only bright side is my beautiful Grandson!

Lisa I needed that Pic!!!! Love it!

SAS... I'm back to work tonight & tomorrow night. I will look into it later in the week when I get a break again.

Granny yes it is. I did it for my own reasons as because of my DX, my grade, & surprise of the size of my tumor. In the whole picture I know that it's a small slice of the world & what really happens. Maybe just a bigger slice of the worst ones posted also. Let's face it every woman that is DX doesn't post here. But I wanted a picture of what was going on with grade 2 & 3's. I didn't count but stumbled across a LOT of tumors that were 6+ cm but them some that were 1 cm also. It is a crap shoot with many factors. Things that cross my mind is where in the breast was it located. Close to a chest wall, lymph node, ect. Margins. How big are the breasts in which a persons cancer grew. My SIL had triple D's her DCIS was 7+ cm & she had a lumpectomy, radically so with reconstruction & now has her own B's. 5 years out no BC but just DX with Thyroid cancer a few weeks ago. Dr. skill resources.

Who knows so many things that make ? Along with many others & the so called experts!

Sorry if I missed anyone but thank you for the responce!

• luv_gardening
    luv_gardening Member Posts: 362
    Options

Julz, your statistics are much appreciated. I've attempted similar but gave up due to the lack of data. I assume that those who stated the age they were diagnosed with mets were mostly younger and the bulk were actually diagnosed in their 50's and older and didn't feel it worth mentioning. 

I wish there was an ongoing poll where we could enter our statistics including relevant ages and see the breakdown.  It seems more real to see statistics applied to people we know than reading medical statistics compiled by doctors and statisticians.

• leggo
    leggo Member Posts: 379
    Options

Lisa, that picture is perfect. A HUGE poster of that should be hanging in every cancer center (instead of that "What Cancer Can't Do" crap).

Julz, I'm so sorry to read about all of this....way too much cancer....way too much.

• LuvRVing
    LuvRVing Member Posts: 2,409
    Options

How about this:

Breast cancer is more than a wrinkle in the sheets of life.

Then that pink coffin shown above has this comment across it - 465,000 occupants a year

Support breast cancer research so your loved one doesn't become a permanent resident

• shells43
    shells43 Member Posts: 499
    Options

Sas, add me to your prayer day, I've never heard of that but think it's cool.

Julz, kudos for keeping track of all that in the midst of everything else. I copied it into excel and will try some stats tests when I get a chance.

Granny, you are a hoot wherever you turn up.

I'm still playing with shirts and made a slightly different one. For those wanting black and pink, there is one, and I made a gray one I really like here: http://snarkyts.onlineshirtstores.com/shop/view_product/Pinktober_Revolution?c=530623&ctype=0&n=3078008&o=1

I tried the green but couldn't get it to look right. I wanted to put it on the black shirt but the scissors wouldn't show up.

• LuvRVing
    Options

Shells - I like the shirt!

• sas-schatzi
    Options

Shells , I really Like this last one. I didn't know what the SCAR acronymn stood for, missed apparently along the way. RE: the novena  It's a prayer that is said daily with a reading of all the intentions  for 9 days. Each novena is different. Pm with your intention on Sat or Sun. When I do the composite of all the intention requests sent to me, I keep the essence of the request, but may shorten it up if a request is long. This is b/c everyone involved in the novena has to read all the intentions. Thats why the composite--all together/one place.

• wren44
    wren44 Member Posts: 7,877
    Options

Shells, Great! I'll wear it.

• sas-schatzi
    Options

What-up too quiet. Is there a reason or is everyone drained. If something has happened to cause the quiet, then let your voises be heard. Can't have a revolution without voices. Think ADAMS/FRANKLIN/JEFFERSON !

• Mini1
    Options

I'm still missing the SCAR. What is it?

• LuvRVing
    Options

SCARS = Sistas Care About Responsible Support

• Mini1
    Options

Thanks LuvRVing. :-)

• shells43
    shells43 Member Posts: 499
    Options
    Sorry, I'm at my day job! I just make shirts at night!! Cool Thanks LuvRVing!
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Member Posts: 26
    Options

Front of T-shirt

Back of T-shirt

• FireKracker
    Options

Lisa---I will buy 1 in every size.one two or three for me,my 2 daughters,my DIL,my 3 GDs and my baby 1 yr.old Great GD.Do ya think i like it?

Oh and ill have an extra dozen to give out to all my friends who are struggling with this monster and are not on any boards....Im on a roll.

• Mini1
    Options

Awesome!