Donate to Breastcancer.org when you checkout at Walgreens in October. Learn more about our Walgreens collaboration.

No treatments for me.

Comments

• Linda-n3
    Linda-n3 Member Posts: 1,713
    edited April 2013

Does anyone have contact information for Elaine? She and Cin have not even checked into BCO for 2 weeks. I PMd Elaine, but have not heard back from her, and I left a voice message for Cin, but I know she is very tired and not returning calls, but I just wanted her to know we are thinking of her. I just thought if anyone could get a message to Elaine that we are here, supporting them, it would be nice.  Thanks.

• blondiex46
    blondiex46 Member Posts: 2,726
    edited April 2013

thanks Linda for doing that!!!

• leggo
    leggo Member Posts: 379
    edited April 2013

Cindy and Elaine, thinking of you both.

• sarahsmom
    sarahsmom Member Posts: 276
    edited April 2013

I wish Elaine or Cin would check in, missing them out here and wonder how things are going...has anyone heard from them?  If either of you check in, know that I've been thinking about you and sending lots of good thoughts your way!!

I've been checking here but with precious little time to write - hubby moves overseas in a few weeks and we'll soon follow. Many loose ends to tie up with school applications, visas, the dog, the SUVs, et al. I'll keep coming back in case there is an update!

Hugs to all of you.

• Linda-n3
    edited May 2013

Cin and Elaine, thinking of you, would like to hear something when you get a minute and feel like posting - even just "in hospice" or "in pain" or "still here" etc. We all miss you both terribly.

Carpediem, good luck with the move, and do check back here periodically, let us know how you are doing as well.

• Cindy-Rose
    Cindy-Rose Member Posts: 77
    edited May 2013

I'm still here but feeling like crap. I have to have another surgery to take out an abscess that that's surrounding the big bunch of tumors under my arm and causing a lot of problems.Surgery is on the 2nd, and I'm sure everything will be fine...definitely less pain afterwords.

All my love to you,Undecided

cin

• sarahsmom
    edited May 2013

Cin, so glad you checked in, wonderful lady! I hope the surgery helps and they can take care of that abscess problem, ouch. I know that is uncomfortable for you.

Sending you lots of hugs and good thoughts!!!!

• heymoose
    heymoose Member Posts: 682
    edited May 2013

Cin Hugs to you and special prayres coming your way. (((((HUGS)))))

• Gingerbrew
    Gingerbrew Member Posts: 1,997
    edited May 2013

Hey Cindy, It is good to hear from you. I am glad to hear that you are going to have less discomfort after this proceedure.  Take good care of yourself.  Love GInger

• ali68
    ali68 Member Posts: 644
    edited May 2013

Good to hear from you Cindy, I hope the surgery goes well and it give you benefit.

My daughter is up and down but we are on a good roll at the moment. Weekend away was good and the car got to a speed of 178 mph on the track. ( great fun)

DH sister is having a nervous breakdown so something else to worry about.

My sister called me today after 6 months and had a good chat, no heard from my mad mother so happy about that.

Got an apt for gynaecology next week, I would be happy to have a hysterectomy.

Love to everyone

• goodprognosis
    goodprognosis Member Posts: 195
    edited March 2014

Hi Cindy,

Great to hear from you.  Good luck tomorrow with surgery-will be praying for you.

Know all about the hell that is the moving business Carp-we just moved home last year after12 years abroad-and just in time for my diagnosis, go figure! Best of luck.

Blessings to all you girls.

lorna

• leggo
    edited May 2013

Dearest Cindy, I'm so sorry you feel so awful. I do hope the surgery can make you comfortable. Love you.

• Linda-n3
    edited May 2013

Cin, thanks for checking in, so sorry to hear you are having abscesses. I am sure you will feel MUCH better once they are opened and drained! Will this be outpatient, I hope? I will keep you in my prayers tomorrow and always.

Ali, glad to hear there are some bright spots in your life along with all the other stuff. I am learning to focus on those "bright spots" and ignoring the others as best I can, since I can't change them anyway.

I had an all-day session with zometa infusion, PCP/palliative care, and MRI yesterday, and today I can't believe how bad I feel, but after near-toxic doses of tylenol and an Aleve, I think I may not die today, LOL! I talked with my PCP about hospice choices even though I am not quite ready for that yet. She actually signed some forms for me to keep in case someone would be with me if I had some accident or medical problem (such as stroke or heart attack) and called 911. DH knows better, but you can never trust someone who might just be visiting.

I told her I do NOT want to EVER go to an ER or be admitted to the hospital under any circumstances; hospice can provide inpatient services for pain crisis, but hospitals do not. We had a very good discussion of my requests - no feeding tube, no medical hardware or devices, etc. She wrote it all on an official form, and signed it. She said this is a legal document, paramedics must follow the doctor's orders. I am keeping it with my DNR/advance directives and my durable power of attorney in my purse that I carry everywhere, and am going to put a card in my wallet to direct anyone to look in the purse for those forms. So although it was a long day and I feel like I was run over by a truck, I got a few little details taken care of.

Hugs to all of you here. Special hugs and thanks to Cin for taking a few minutes to check in.

• Rebeccan9y90
    Rebeccan9y90 Member Posts: 3
    edited May 2013

Celine, how are you feeling.  I have been praying for you and wondering how the surgery went.  I am sending you love and blessings.

• moderators
    moderators Posts: 8,558
    edited May 2013

Cindy-Rose, we're all sending good thoughts for your surgery Thursday, and wishing you the result and fewer problems you're hoping for.

• Your Mods

• april485
    april485 Member Posts: 1,983
    edited May 2013

Hoping all goes well for you today and that your pain is gone..hugs!

• Linda-n3
    edited May 2013

Cin, keeping you in my heart, hoping you get great relief from the surgery.

I woke up feeling a thousand percent better today. Am so glad it only lasted a day and feel like I can really be back to normal activity today.

Sending all of you much lovingkindness, hoping you each find some moments of beauty and joy today, hoping you all feel as well as you can with as much energy as you can.

• ali68
    edited May 2013

Cindy, let us know how it went and update us on the baby. Today my daughter has thrown in the towel about going to hospital every week. I could slap her hard but i won't. So no more help until she wants to go back.

Spent the day in my garden, weeding and doing the lawn. The sun has been hot and i sat and read my book.

SIL is not good.I don't have much to give her as i'm tired of stress.

Sending - Love and sunshine to everyone.

• goodprognosis
    goodprognosis Member Posts: 195
    edited March 2014

Hi Cindy

Was thinking of you today and sending you loving thoughts.

Peace and loving thoughts to everyone here, Ali, Linda, Blondie, Gracie and everyone else.........

Lorna

• Gingerbrew
    edited May 2013

Hi CIndy, I hope today went well for you and your pain is diminished greatly. Love Ginger

• leggo
    edited May 2013

Cindy, hoping the surgery went well and you're more comfortable today. Much love to you.

• sarahsmom
    edited May 2013

Hope you're feeling better, sweetie!!

• Gingerbrew
    edited May 2013

Hey Cindy, Thinkin about you today.   We finally have some sunny days here. I hope you are able to get outside and have some plants you can admire.  

Love Ginger

• blondiex46
    blondiex46 Member Posts: 2,726
    edited May 2013

Cin thanks for checking in and hopefully someone will let us know....abcesses suck along with the rest of the crap.....

• CelineFlower
    CelineFlower Member Posts: 145
    edited May 2013

Rebecca,

i am recovering thx. I get real squimish with cuts and blood etc... i threw up when we took off the bandages friday...

3 incisions... one long one and a sentinel one on the right breast... itchy as hell!

and a smaller one on the left...

to be honest i feel... mutilated.

thank you for asking , rebecca.. :)

Cindy, i hope you find some pain relief with the surgery... sending you purple bubbles

be well

celine

• Rebeccan9y90
    Rebeccan9y90 Member Posts: 3
    edited May 2013

Hi Celine, Sometimes anesthesia causes nausea and that could have encouraged the throwing up, especially after seeing the blood and gore of your poor breast.  It's an awful thing to see your body mutilated.  I feel the same way with mine.  I am going through radiation right now and I have blisters under my breasts, my nipples are sore and cracking.  My breast is bright red.  I feel emotional and angry and in pain.  My incision is verticle about 4 inches from top to the nipple.  And another one under the armpit.  I'll keep you in my prayers.  Take care. 

• CelineFlower
    edited May 2013

It made me laugh... thought id share 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3V4xrlBwJYo

• ali68
    edited May 2013

Day two with stopping tamoxifen. My back has gone again and my tummy is swollen and painful. My weight gain is so bad can't fit in my clothes.

Very happy to be doing this as i'm going to be as big as a house if i continue. My joint pain is bad and i'm not taking this s*** anymore.

If my family don't like it they will have to get over it.

Got my apt tomorrow about my lining of my womb. What joy i will have.

Cindy, hope your ok after op.

• Linda-n3
    edited May 2013

This should be post-op day #5 for Cindy - Cin, I hope you are feeling better. Special gentle hugs.

And hugs all around today. Hope you all find a few moments of peace and beauty today. It is finally sunny here, so I am enjoying my birds before the afternoon of appointments with BS and LE therapist. Ugh. But then looking forward to my mother coming for another visit. She always lifts my spirits - it's kind of "either get with the program OR ELSE!" with her - I really have no choice but to have good spirits when I am around her, LOL! She has a wonderfully wicked sense of humor and probably laughs more than most women I know, especially at her age. And it is infectious, wish I could share her with everyone here!

• CelineFlower
    edited May 2013

im glad for u linda...

i miss my mom