Donate to Breastcancer.org when you checkout at Walgreens in October. Learn more about our Walgreens collaboration.

No treatments for me.

Comments

• ali68
    ali68 Member Posts: 644
    edited April 2013

In the garden- warm sunshine, book, dog, no one else and glass of wine. So happy for Cindy and family xxx

• steelrose
    steelrose Member Posts: 318
    edited April 2013

Wonderful baby news! I'm sure this will bring the whole family many smiles. Sending love and best wishes to all...

Rose.

• 1Athena1
    1Athena1 Member Posts: 672
    edited April 2013

ali - you are in the Garden of Eden. It sounds heavenly!  BTW, hope your daughter is doing better these days.

• Gingerbrew
    Gingerbrew Member Posts: 1,997
    edited April 2013

Congratulations Grandma Cindy and Great Aunt Elaine, a new baby!  Enjoy enjoy!

• wren44
    wren44 Member Posts: 7,925
    edited April 2013

The best feeling in the world is holding a newborn baby. Enjoy.

• CelineFlower
    CelineFlower Member Posts: 145
    edited April 2013

Congrats Grandma Rose!!!

being a grandma is the most special thing hat has ever happened in my life..

Life, gives life...

soak it in cindy!!

• sarahsmom
    sarahsmom Member Posts: 276
    edited April 2013

Congrats, Cindy!! How amazing and awesome! Hope you are enjoying lots of cuddles with that sweet angel. I love the new baby smell! Enjoy this special time! Sounds like things are a bit more under control on the health side, I hope you are comfortable. love and hugs!

PS Elaine, congrats on being a great auntie!

• goodprognosis
    goodprognosis Member Posts: 195
    edited March 2014

Passing by to say you are in my thoughts and prayers Cindy and everyone else here too.  Hope you're well enough and enjoying some time with your little granddaughter.

• cheryl1946
    cheryl1946 Member Posts: 62
    edited April 2013

Congratulations!

• ali68
    edited April 2013

Hi Cindy, hope your ok & mum and baby doing well.

I have another lump near my groin so waiting for US.

Kids driving me mad and just had my dog spade- poor dog.

Miss you lots

Xxx

• Linda-n3
    Linda-n3 Member Posts: 1,713
    edited April 2013

Stopping by to say hello to Cin, Elaine, and everyone else. Ali, thinking of you and your daughter. Hugs to all. My mom is here helping me this week, she leaves on Saturday - wish she lived next door to me, I miss her a lot. But she has a great life, great friends, is very active, and I am glad she is just full of life and loving life. She is very good for me right now, just wish we were a little closer geographically.

Love to all.

• ElaineForCindyRose
    ElaineForCindyRose Member Posts: 76
    edited April 2013

Hello Lovely Ladies

passing thru to see how you're all doing .... and to see if Cindy had been here ... I haven't heard from the family since the precious new baby arrived. I imagine Cindy is trying to do so much and is wiped out but so very happy ....

Ali, keep the faith with your DD and my prayers go out to you waiting on the US

Linda so glad your mom's there :-)

<3 Elaine </p>

• Linda-n3
    edited April 2013

Elaine, thanks for popping in. I hope you are not feeling excluded with all the new baby excitement going on and you are across the country and you haven't heard from the family. I suspect your assessment is right on target: lots of fuss, commotion, and Cin is probably pretty exhausted but happy. How are YOU doing? Feeling better?

I was lookiing at one of the Jesuit sites, and there was a little essay on what the greatest sin is: Ingratitude. I have to confess this is probably one of my greatest sins if this is true. So often I forget to be thankful for the moments of grace and beauty and joy that are all around me if I just stop to observe. Today I am grateful for music, my ability to sing, my mother, my DH, spring weather, finding baby peonies peeping out of the ground! And grateful for this group of women here, grateful to Cin for starting this discussion.

In gratitude and with much love tonight. Blessings to each of you.

• 2nd_time_around
    2nd_time_around Member Posts: 14,084
    edited April 2013

Linda-n3... Thanks for the important reminder. So easy to get caught up in stresses and forget what's really important. So grateful for all of you wonderful ladies!

Cindy and Elaine: very much in my thoughts and prayers. Sending hugs and love your way!!

• blondiex46
    blondiex46 Member Posts: 2,726
    edited April 2013

Thanks Elaine for stopping in, love hearing from you!!

• Linda-n3
    edited April 2013

Dropping by to say hello to all, hoping you are all comfortable and having moments of peace today. All is stable here. Hugs.

• blondiex46
    blondiex46 Member Posts: 2,726
    edited April 2013

just checking in....was up and down all night, thanks to the steroids, thank goodness for benedryl!!!

• CelineFlower
    CelineFlower Member Posts: 145
    edited April 2013

heading in to see surgeon today... must have seen something in pre op tests..

Grandma rose ... sending you some special purple bubbles to share with the wee one.

• sarahsmom
    sarahsmom Member Posts: 276
    edited April 2013

First of all, shout out to Cin! Hope your pain is under control and that you are still mobile and can visit with the sweet grandbaby! GLad you are able to check in here and read our posts. You have quite the fan club :-) The book comes out April 24th and I can't wait to send you a copy! It's selling well on Amazon already in pre-sales, which is exciting, not from a money perspective (writers don't get paid crap!) but just to get my work out to the "people"!!

Elaine, hugs to you, as well and hope you can connect with the family soon. Is it possible to skype somehow so you can see the baby and Cin? Hope the massage work is going well for you!

Linda, love what you said about ingratitude. Thank you for the reminder. I am always telling my daughter to be grateful but not sure I follow my own guidance very well. Maybe it's the speed of the modern world, propelling us to the next "thing", next event, next holiday. I really try to stop in the moment and be thankful but it's hard sometimes. I'll be more mindful now, thanks to your post. It sounds like you are in a good place right now,sending you a hug! 

Blondie, so glad the benadryl works for you and wishing you some good sleep in the nights ahead. We have a cool breeze now in the evening which helps me relax, and I love hearing the birds in the morning! 

Celine, I hope your doctor doesn't have the kind of news that will make the lumpectomy more complicated,..I read your other thread. Please keep us posted, you are a kind and wonderful spirit and I am sending you lots of good thoughts and karma.

I has a crazy week and just now settling down to catch up on a few things. This is my first stop, I love all of you amazing ladies/sisters!

• Gingerbrew
    edited April 2013

Hi Elaine and Cindy,

I am glad you were able to stop by. That new baby is surely keeping you busy Cindy. It is a good thing that M&Ms don't melt in your hand eh? No smearing chocolate on the baby.

I miss you and hope to hear from you again soon. 

Love Ginger

• leggo
    leggo Member Posts: 379
    edited April 2013

Good to hear from you Elaine. Hope you're doing well.

• Linda-n3
    edited April 2013

Just a quick hello to all tonight. Has been very hectic with my mom here helping me, but boy, was it great! She left today, but promised to come back in a few weeks. I miss her a lot sometimes, even though we talk on the phone almost every week, she is just so far away geographically.

Cin, hoping you are able to enjoy that new baby! I suspect at least you won't be expected to do any of the icky chores, like changing diaper, but rather, you should have the fun of holding and cuddling her, spoiling her rotten if possible!

Elaine, Gracie, Ginger, Carpediem, Celine, Blondie, 2ndtimearound, Wren, Ali, goodprognosis, Cheryl, Athena, Steelrose, and anyone I have forgotten: you are all in my heart and thoughts.

• 2nd_time_around
    edited April 2013

Hi All! Hope you're all having a great weekend!

The other day I just wasnt feeling my best, eating my cereal by the kitchen sink, staring out the window seeing the blah weather. Saw my first rose of the year in my garden! A single long-stem red rose, just perfect! Thought of what Linda had said and had a moment of instant gratitude, so thanks, Linda! Took a pic with my cell phone and if I could only figure out how to post I would for you, Cindy! Enoy time with your GD.

Linda, glad you're enjoying time with your Mom - that time is so precious. My parents have been here all week for a family reunion. Mom has Alzheimer's and she's not the same, can't hold a conversation. Trying to love on her as much as possible, as much as she'll tolerate. So glad you could have some good mother-daughter time.

• 1Athena1
    1Athena1 Member Posts: 672
    edited April 2013

Oh 2nd time around - I am sorry about your mother. How devastating for all of you.

Linda-n3 your posts are always with so much wisdom, so I, too, will give thanks for my wonderful supportive mother. She and I have been having loads of fun decorating my tiny apartment this week.

Celine, I hope all goes well with the surgery.

Carpediem, congratulations on the book - what is the name?

Elaine, my dear, huge hugs and wish you would post more often. It must be tough to not have the access to Cindy that you would like.

Cindy the grandmother - I hope we now have pictures of you and the little cub.

• 2nd_time_around
    edited April 2013

Athena... Thanks, just another stage of life! So glad my dad is still so in love with her and takes great card of her.

Celine... Hoping you got good news from your doctor.

Elaine... Hope you're doing well and get to see Cindy and the baby soon.

Enjoy the rest of your weekend, ladies?

• ali68
    edited April 2013

Hi everyone, I'm so fed up with the SE from Tamoxifen I'm going to stop taking it.

I have massive weight gain, bloating, joint pain, terrible hot flushes all the time, my whole body hurts and sex is painful because of my hips.

DH thinks I should carry on but who's to say if I will get cancer again and is the Tamoxifen stopping that.

Hope everyone is ok and not in any pain.

Xx

• Gingerbrew
    edited April 2013

Ali if one AI doesn't work for you another may. I just statarted Tamoxifen today. I used aromasin and arimidex and had very bad side effects. My hope is that this will be better for me.   

Talk to your Onc they may want you just to take a vacation from the kind you are using.   

I really understand about the SE's being so difficult and hope you find a solution that works for you. 

Hugs Ginger

• ali68
    edited April 2013

My Onco said the other drugs were worse so I'm thinking - take nothing.

• april485
    april485 Member Posts: 1,983
    edited April 2013

Ali, if you are highly ER+, not taking anything might not be the best move (unless your se's are so bad that you can't have any quality of life) as they have found through studies that it is one of the single best therapies against recurrence! I don't want to take these drugs either, but the stage IV forum is filled with women who are taking it now and it is keeping their cancer in check. Tamox is a miracle drug for preventing recurrence (although some women still get a recurrence with it) and although I don't want to take it, I am >95% ER+ and 60%PR+ so I am not going to opt out unless I can't tolerate either tamox or the AI's at all.

There are natural ways to keep estrogen at bay and they involve a lot of discipline. Keeping your weight at normal or below, making sure you don't eat anything that has estrogen inducing properties (which eliminates most meat and poultry) and other things which I will do if I have to, but I am going to try the tamox first and see what happens. Many women tolerate that or AI's well and you only hear the bad side effects here from women it truly affects in a negative way (which is about 20% I was told for the really bad ones) but most women have some bad hot flashes and that is about it. We shall see where I stand on that after I begin them though. I may be singing a different tune! LOL

Hugs with whatever you decide to do. It is all about YOU and what makes you comfortable. The only thing I wanted to say is that all studies point to this being a very good tx for women with lots of estrogen.

• ali68
    edited April 2013

My ER is 60% my surgeon once said I was nearly triple neg but my Onco said no. I will have a break and see if my SE get better, I have to try I can't cope living with the SE.