Donate to Breastcancer.org when you checkout at Walgreens in October. Learn more about our Walgreens collaboration.

Stage III Cancer Survivors ...Five + Years and Out.

Comments

• sbelizabeth
    sbelizabeth Member Posts: 956
    edited October 2015

Today is four years since that phone call. Looking forward to five, then many, many more.

• sas-schatzi
    sas-schatzi Member Posts: 15,894
    edited October 2015

Many here have donated . Thank you !........Wandering around and cheerleading again :)

Donate today, make a difference directly in all our lives. By supporting BCO, we support each other. Thanks and Hugs :)

https://community.breastcancer.org/forum/110/topic/834331?page=1

Link to the mainboard donation page

https://secure3.convio.net/bco/site/Donation2?df_i...

• hopefour
    hopefour Member Posts: 104
    edited October 2015

sbelizabeth...congrats on four years and cheering you on to many many more!! You're such a wonderful encourager and so knowledgable...grateful for you!!

• wintersocks
    wintersocks Member Posts: 434
    edited October 2015

selizabeth

This is really good news. Looking forward to hearing about lots more good things coming your way.

Agree with all hopefour says, you have encouraged me when those dark clouds come rolling in.

Thanks!

• Delvzy
    Delvzy Member Posts: 454
    edited October 2015
    1. congratulations wonderful news seafiver
  • live_deliciously
    live_deliciously Member Posts: 183
    edited October 2015

congrats you two. So proud of you guys and your positive attitude. Hope to join you in 4 years. It means a lot for those that come back and share. So many thanks!

• tangandchris
    tangandchris Member Posts: 934
    edited October 2015

I'm coming up on 2 years since diagnosis this week. Sometimes it feels like a distant memory, other times it feels very raw still. I'd like to really move on with my life and put cancer behind me, is there any advice on this from any long term stage 3'ers? As much as I love this website, I wonder if it keeps me from moving forward?

Anyway, just hoping for some insights :)

• karen1956
    karen1956 Member Posts: 4,606
    edited October 2015

tangandchris.....I'm 9+ years since diagnosis and I still visit bco. I don't come as often as I did in the early days. I've made some good friends here at bco from treatment days.....cyber friends and friends I've met in person.....I like coming back and seeing how people are doing. its also nice to share that there is "life after breast cancer" and that even stage 3'ers can live long lives. I volunteer with 2 major breast cancer groups...for me its a way of paying back....Don't get me wrong...I still have my moments,and I'm not the same person I was before diagnosis, but I don't think bco holds me back. Feel free to message me if you ever want to chat. Karen

• [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Member Posts: 30
    edited October 2015

Congratulations to you ladies! Milestones are so important.

Karen, our diagnosis are very similar. It's great to see you doing so well.

• karen1956
    edited October 2015

Thanks Jillian777....You are coming up on 11 years...you doing well?

• lauren32
    lauren32 Member Posts: 9
    edited October 2015

Thank you so much Seaflyer for your message of hope and I love your tips!! I was diagnosed at 32 a year ago and can't tell you how much it helps to read of other young women like yourself doing so well!!! May you have many more years of good health ahead xx

• [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Member Posts: 30
    edited October 2015

Karen1956, YES, I am doing very well! I am still taking Femara and will stay on it for the foreseeable future. I am just thankful to have it. It may only be a security blanket for me at this point but it helps me to know I am still doing something.

• Delvzy
    Delvzy Member Posts: 454
    edited October 2015

amazing so good to see results like this

• cp418
    cp418 Member Posts: 359
    edited October 2015

I just want to jump in and say I know someone who is 10 or 11 years out - stage 3.

• weesa
    weesa Member Posts: 78
    edited October 2015

I'd like to jump in and say I know somebody almost 13 years, stage 3...

• Holeinone
    Holeinone Member Posts: 1,418
    edited October 2015

Is it someone wickedly funny, that we don't hear from very often, from NC

• weesa
    weesa Member Posts: 78
    edited October 2015

Probably!

• maybeoneday
    maybeoneday Member Posts: 2
    edited November 2015

I was diagnosed with IDC 3c with lymph node involvement in September, whenever I feel discourage I log on and read this thread. Thank you ladies for sharing. This thread renews my faith and helps me push through the rough days

• karody
    karody Member Posts: 12
    edited November 2015

I am six years out from diagnosis. Yay! But I wish there was more recurrence/survival data out there beyond 5 years. My beautiful kids are now 12 and 11....and I have so much work yet

• live_deliciously
    edited November 2015

congrats karody. So glad you are healthy for those kids. Our diagnosis are similar. Many Thanks for posting.

• LindaKR
    LindaKR Member Posts: 1,304
    edited November 2015

5 1/2+ years from diagnosis. Justvhad my 5 years on an aromatase inhibitor visit with the MO...he said I get to stay on it another 5 or more...Sad

• live_deliciously
    edited November 2015

yahoo Linda kr. Wishing you many more 5 year celebrations. Thanks for sharing. It helps us newbies so much!

• ladyb1234
    ladyb1234 Member Posts: 1,239
    edited November 2015

Congrats Lindakr and Karody!

Thank you so much survivors for Coming back to this site to post. I have been going to the 10yr thread and stumbled on this one and have added it to my favorites. I can come to either site when down and when I need encouragement.

• pmm10414
    pmm10414 Member Posts: 4
    edited November 2015

tomorrow 7 year suvivor

• karen1956
    edited November 2015

pmm....Congrats on 7 years!!! Wishing you many more years times 7 celebrating NED. Karen

• sbelizabeth
    sbelizabeth Member Posts: 956
    edited November 2015

Pmm10414, LIKE! LIKE! LIKE! I can't find the darn button here. LIKE!

• JerseyGirl22
    JerseyGirl22 Member Posts: 186
    edited November 2015

Pmm10414, Yay! You!!!! congrats!

• live_deliciously
    edited November 2015

pmm. So great to hear. Thank you for coming back to share.

• Gatomal
    Gatomal Member Posts: 418
    edited November 2015

awesome!

• antonia1
    antonia1 Member Posts: 73
    edited November 2015

Five years ago, I came to this site to seek hope. I was diagnosed with stage III Breast Cancer less than a year after I was declared perfectly healthy, following examination, mammogram and sonogram. I was shell shocked. Today, I want to give that hope to others. I have passed the 5 year mark and I am still here. Lot of things happened to me during that time, some good, some very bad: I had lost my mother during my treatment and lost my husband to cancer, he was diagnosed exactly a year after I was and passed away almost three years ago, but I also had wonderful, happy moments - I welcomed the birth my four grandchildren, I travelled extensively during the last 2 years and always enjoyed and cherished friends and family.

Life is good now and I'm looking forward to the next 5 years, and then the next, and so on.Like Karody, I also wish there was more information about survival past 5 years, especially with ILC and yes every ache and pain brings somefear, but I try to live in here and now and make the time count.