Donate to Breastcancer.org when you checkout at Walgreens in October. Learn more about our Walgreens collaboration.

Stage III Cancer Survivors ...Five + Years and Out.

Comments

• Mploughm
    Mploughm Member Posts: 1
    edited February 2018

Thank you Nora, you are about the same stage as I am (IIIC with 15/15 nodes). I just finished radiation #23 and 10 more to go.Your story gives me hope that I will survive this.

• AliceS
    AliceS Member Posts: 74
    edited February 2018

Dear Evergreen9---Many thanks for posting again. You were a great comfort to me 3 years ago--and continue to be an inspiration. After the first horrible shock and tremendous fear--I, too, feel "heaven on earth" (as you have in your profile) about my life--- grateful for 3 years and planning on many more-- Oct. 16, 2014 was my surgery. Cyber hugs to you!

Stephanie 

• peacestrength
    peacestrength Member Posts: 236
    edited March 2018

It will be 5 years on March 19, 2018.

Chemotherapy, bilateral mx, radiation, ovaries removed, Zometa, Femara, supplements, plant based nutrition, yoga, exercise, prayer, and a supportive family and bc sisters. Delayed reconstruction (SGAP) in 2016

I’ve had many bumps and scares but here I am. Hugs to everyone here for your support!

• ash123
    ash123 Member Posts: 44
    edited March 2018

Thank you peacestrength and other persons who stop by and post here. It gives us hope and I am sure they know what we go through between fear and hope. Stay blessed.

• el_tigre
    el_tigre Member Posts: 453
    edited March 2018

Thank you everyone for posting. I visit here often when I need a reminder that it does get better.

• kmur
    kmur Member Posts: 849
    edited April 2018

Each year I hope to come back to say hi to all of you ladies. It was 8 years ago my husband found bco for me as I was so lost in the midst of a stage 3a grade 3 breast cancer diagnosis at age 42 . He wanted me to know many women live way beyond what I was reading on the internet. It was so amazing to know it was likely to live . What a crazy time when you are newly diagnosed, scared and confused. How lucky we are to have a place like this to share and laugh and learn. So hopefully if any of you newly diagnosed - are here reading the posts - you will know I am one of those ladies still here and hope to join those ladies over there on the ten year board!! ha ,,,hang in there and I will see ya nest year,,,but after that .....I'll be on that 10 year board!! haha....love to all Kim (kmur)

• hopefour
    hopefour Member Posts: 104
    edited April 2018

kmur...thank you so very much for coming back to encourage us all. Congrats on 8 years!

• lexica
    lexica Member Posts: 138
    edited April 2018

Thank you kmur! I needed this today!!

• meg2016
    meg2016 Member Posts: 188
    edited April 2018

kmur - thanks for posting! I am also in KY, by the way. Great to see you are doing well!

• JudyO
    JudyO Member Posts: 18
    edited May 2018

I haven't been on here for about 4 years. Eventually normal life does take over and you can forget the big C for days...even weeks. I will be 10 years out this month. I was 56 when I got the frightening news... I had ILC, 2.2 cm 7 positive nodes ER + PR - Her2 -. I did AC + T, Radiation, Mastectomy and just got off Arimidex ( almost 10 years). I am doing well and look forward to many more years. The biggest thing that surprised me was when I was dx I didn't thinkI had long but over the years I have seen many family and friends pass away that were healthy at the time of my dx. Enjoy each day, it is a gift...Judy

• ausykaren
    ausykaren Member Posts: 64
    edited May 2018

Congratulations Judy.

Karen

• nancyd
    nancyd Member Posts: 557
    edited May 2018

Congratulations Judy!

• beauz
    beauz Member Posts: 113
    edited May 2018

Congratulations Kmur and JudyO! Thank you for posting.

• hopefour
    hopefour Member Posts: 104
    edited June 2018

I am 7 years out this past May and very grateful to hopefully be an encouragement to someone searching for HOPE! I use to come to this thread all the time looking for comfort and hope. Thank you to AlwaysHope who restarted this thread after a BC member removed the old encouraging stories...so sad, but grateful for the new stories!! Alwayshope if you're around please let us know how you are doing!! If you are a newbie let this thread of hope be a hug to you right now and know that each story testifies to a victory of a life well fought for...and you can do it too!! Choose HOPE!!

• graceb1
    graceb1 Member Posts: 56
    edited June 2018

I am so happy to say that it's 5 years from DX for me. I'm doing well outside of neuropathy in my hands and feet. More aggravating than pain. I've gotten to see my youngest get married and 3 more grandchildren born. I had several other heath issues going on at the same time - 2 hip replacements, eye surgeries, broken knee cap and more but now I feel like I'm through the storm. Life is good.

• kiwimum
    kiwimum Member Posts: 485
    edited June 2018

I used to haunt these pages looking for hope. Now I rarely come onto BCO. For some reason I did today.

I'm 7.5 years out and cancer free. Diagnosed stage 3C, 12 positive nodes. Chemo, mastectomy and rads. I'm still on a daily aromatise inhibitor and 6 monthly Zometa infusions. Life is good. My daughters are 16 and 13! I'm so thankful to enjoying life to the full with them!

Hopefully I can give you hope and pay it forward :)

• ausykaren
    ausykaren Member Posts: 64
    edited June 2018

Thank you for giving hope. I have been very down lately

• kmur
    kmur Member Posts: 849
    edited June 2018

Hi Kiwimum!! So very lucky to have met you and shared this road . You made having cancer way less sucky!! I am so happy you are doing so well ! Congrats on 7 1/2 !!

• kcinmn
    kcinmn Member Posts: 24
    edited June 2018

KiwiMum!

Congrats! And thanks for the hope! Similar DX to you...

I don’t come on here as often as I used to, but just decided to check in. I’m 3 years out from my diagnosis! Today I had a 6 month check up, with a Zometa infusion. I take Femara daily; probably will forever. But I’m still here and wanting to stick around for awhile!

• ash123
    ash123 Member Posts: 44
    edited June 2018

Thank you KiwiMum, GraceB1,hopeful, judyO and kmur for posting. What could be better than getting hope. Thanks again and all the best.

• americanpinay
    americanpinay Member Posts: 30
    edited June 2018

Hi all,

Not quite 10 years, so I thought I'd report here that I'm doing well. Much love to all of you. :)

• gnoz8
    gnoz8 Member Posts: 3
    edited June 2018

I’m posting on behalf of my mother. Stage 3B, diagnosed in 2004, NED since then!!!!!!!! She had a bilateral mastectomy, neoadj chemo, radiation, andTamoxifen for 5 years. Still in the clear!

• gnoz8
    gnoz8 Member Posts: 3
    edited June 2018

I’m posting on behalf of my mother. Stage 3B, diagnosed in 2004, NED since then!!!!!!!! She had a bilateral mastectomy, neoadj chemo, radiation, andTamoxifen for 5 years. Still in the clear!

• victoriasecret
    victoriasecret Member Posts: 37
    edited June 2018

9 years June 15th ! Yea for US !

love n light C

• preludesing
    preludesing Member Posts: 64
    edited June 2018

These stories literally breathe life into me when I am anxious and down. Thank you to each ans every one of you who takes the time to post. Long may you all live, celebrate and post!

• sbelizabeth
    sbelizabeth Member Posts: 956
    edited June 2018

PreludeSing, you're a year out already! It's a good start to many, many more.

A friend popped into my office just now and asked, "how's your health?" I had to ponder a bit before I realized he was asking about breast cancer. This fall it will be seven years. I hardly think about it anymore, but when I do, it's with thankfulness and celebration of life.

• PoseyGirl
    PoseyGirl Member Posts: 298
    edited June 2018

Thank you all for your posts. I have some times that trigger me and push me down the rabbit hole. I’ve been struggling this week. You are amazing to come here and share your stories and light

• HoneyBeaw
    HoneyBeaw Member Posts: 150
    edited June 2018

Thank you ladies for posting such great news. I to have been struggling this week. I do ok for a while and then something will set me off and down I go . Reading your post has helped my anxiety this week

• preludesing
    preludesing Member Posts: 64
    edited June 2018

Thanks sbelizabeth! When I was in the deep AC chemo induced darkness in July-Sept 2017, I want you to know your blog gave me hope when I felt alone and terribly sad for my then 8 and 13 year old who had never so much as seen me down with the sniffles. So thank you 💐💐💐!

• sbelizabeth
    sbelizabeth Member Posts: 956
    edited June 2018

PreludeSing, thank you so much for your kind words. My blessed daughter-in-law created the blog for me as an outlet for the torrent of emotions I was experiencing at that time, and writing about the experiences was a way to release the pressure valve. The knowledge that my scribbles shared hope with someone is truly wonderful.