Fill Out Your Profile to share more about you. Learn more...

STFU (Shut the F*** UP)

Comments

• gmafoley
    gmafoley Member Posts: 5,978
    edited August 2014

• duckyb1
    duckyb1 Member Posts: 9,646
    edited August 2014

GMA.........I care......

• gmafoley
    edited August 2014

I know you do - thank you - 

• gardengumby
    gardengumby Member Posts: 4,860
    edited August 2014

What a beautiful picture, GMA.  And you are cared for by many!!

• gmafoley
    edited August 2014

• proudtospin
    proudtospin Member Posts: 4,671
    edited August 2014

GMA, you have many caring friends on the boards!  Love the photo with the grand kids!

I think it might be a great idea to look into surgery with PS.  My sister recently had breast reduction , she does not have cancer but was very large and lost a bunch of weight a few years ago (it was baby weight...the baby is now 23 so...)  anyway, her surgery removed 5 pounds from each breast and certainly helped the way she feels,  Go for it!

• gmafoley
    edited August 2014

Dry lightening storm here - got to shut down computers before it gets to me...

• Alyson
    Alyson Member Posts: 3,737
    edited August 2014

An orchids for everyone. These are in my garden.

Big hugs

• gardengumby
    gardengumby Member Posts: 4,860
    edited August 2014

I love orchids!!!

• FireKracker
    FireKracker Member Posts: 5,858
    edited August 2014

my favorite flower

• gmafoley
    edited August 2014

Still waiting for the Referral department to call... I want to get this rolling... I did call my local surgeon and asked if he does reductions, nope he doesn't but his Assistant said she would ask him who he suggests.  I really trust the guy even if he doesn't always agree with me and poo poos my ideas. 

Had a long conversation with acupuncturist, before treatment, yesterday - and she agrees that through my acupuncture treatment I have been able to pinpoint better what is contributing to my pain - the big breasts, for one.  I am hoping the PS agrees. I guess I would need a referral if I want insurance to cover? 

I need some patience here......I know... I get a thought and I've been thinking about this one for 3 years now... 

• proudtospin
    edited August 2014

Good luck, GMA, it sure seems logical for your insurance to cover things, hope it goes smoothly for you, crossing fingers for you!

• gmafoley
    edited August 2014

• FireKracker
    edited August 2014

• Alyson
    edited August 2014

Gma just love the dahlia it is stunning. My parents grew flowers and Mum won many prizes for her dahlias.

Here is my smile for the day. Taken from my front door.

imageimage

• FireKracker
    edited August 2014

I think the GF diet took it away

Yeah the little bit I had before the beast is gone

• Alyson
    edited August 2014

It is Saturday morning here. I have read the paper and I am wearing a blue dressing gown.

• gmafoley
    edited August 2014

Ladies - I got to DS ok but as I arrived I got a call from my DH.. His mother has taken a turn for the worse and probably won't make it through the night... Mom and Dad live 1000 miles away so not sure what is going to happen. If you believe in prayers, please pray for Dad... he once said the he was only on this earth for her... We all need prayer right now...

• proudtospin
    edited August 2014

so sorry GMA and will hope that all works out for your family

• gmafoley
    edited August 2014

She so liked her hummingbirds 

• FireKracker
    edited August 2014

prayin right now

• gmafoley
    edited August 2014

What I heard last night is that they were going to let her pass naturally and keep her pain free. No intervention at this time. Dad is sad but knows the Lord will take care of her. We are waiting to hear. Kids said they would pay for us to get down there.

• FireKracker
    edited August 2014

Gma,I'm sorry

Go safe and get home safe

Ur all in my prayers

• blondiex46
    blondiex46 Member Posts: 2,726
    edited August 2014

Sorry gma hugs

• Alyson
    edited August 2014

Big hugs Gma. The waiting is not easy. 

• gmafoley
    edited August 2014

I'm heading home in a little bit - Son dedicated the tournament he was in to his Legendary Grandma - It was so sweet.. Played 5 games back to back of flag football. Ended up with heatstroke. I'm ok. Just him.. and a few of his teammates. But they all worked hard and WON the tournament! They all kept saying do it for "mom" and "Grandma". It is going to be a long and quiet trip home waiting for any news.. Here is a picture of the champs before it all started.

Here is the after picture LOL. The look a bit different.

• proudtospin
    edited August 2014

congrats to all the winners!

• FireKracker
    edited August 2014

yes GmaF congrats

Get home safe

• blondiex46
    blondiex46 Member Posts: 2,726
    edited August 2014

Yay, good 4 them

• gmafoley
    edited August 2014

My DH said, "... She passed away this morning, Aug 17, about 7:45 AM after years of battling the effects of stroke and aphasia. She was trapped within an increasingly uncommunicative and dysfunctional body. Today, she is singing and dancing on the streets of heaven."

I add: 

We lost a well-loved part of our family today. My Dear MIL was the greatest prayer warrior I know. She taught me how to cook, paint, pray, and loved teaching me to be a good wife and mother. She had a way of making me laugh when I was down. She taught me how life was a gift from God - unique, with a special gift to be used to help others learn how the Lord loves and cares for us. Thank you Mom - for being there for me and raising a wonderful man that became a great husband and father. I see your spirit and what you taught in my children. You will always be a special part of our lives and memories. I will definitely miss you. 

She is now free from the shell she was trapped in and I can hear her laughing and carrying on with the Lord. She is in the best place she can be. I also smell her wonderful cinnamon rolls and cobbler in the air. She must be baking !