Fill Out Your Profile to share more about you. Learn more...

STFU (Shut the F*** UP)

Comments

• duckyb1
    duckyb1 Member Posts: 9,646
    edited August 2014

More problems.....just sick of it all..............

• crog234
    crog234 Member Posts: 324
    edited August 2014

just checking in..  My husband finally came home today exactly 1 week after surgery.  This is a very big surgery and it will take him weeks up to (now the doctor says) 3 months.  Before it was 3 to 6 months so I guess this is a good thing.  I am exhausted as he has done most everything since my breast cancer and then leg amputation.  Finding out just how much I can do though but I am exhausted and my stump hurts cause it is bad weather out (rain and thunder and lightning) and my nerves do not like this....  

• SlowDeepBreaths
    SlowDeepBreaths Member Posts: 6,702
    edited August 2014

So happy to hear your husband is home crog.

You're sure dealing with a lot right now. I hope it gets easier for you soon.

Gentle hugs!!

• gmafoley
    gmafoley Member Posts: 5,978
    edited August 2014

• Alyson
    Alyson Member Posts: 3,737
    edited August 2014

• wren44
    wren44 Member Posts: 7,921
    edited August 2014

Crog, Hope you're able to get some kind of help to come in. Check with the social worker.

• gardengumby
    gardengumby Member Posts: 4,860
    edited August 2014

glad the Dr is saying 3 (as opposed to 6) months.  In the meantime just know that we are all thinking good thoughts for you.

• april485
    april485 Member Posts: 1,983
    edited August 2014

(((Crog)))) Lots of gentle hugs!

• crog234
    crog234 Member Posts: 324
    edited August 2014

thanks for all the hugs and good thoughts, they are greatly apreciated.   My husband is such an independent person that other than lifting and bending that he is not suppose to do and yes no driving for 2 weeks (luckily I can still drive with the amputation) he will do what he can for himself..  That's just who he is....  Our son and daughter in law live about 15 minutes away so they are here if we need something.  My daughter who lives 1 1/2 hours away would be here as soon as she could if we needed something too...  Hope you all have a wonderful day.

• Alyson
    Alyson Member Posts: 3,737
    edited August 2014

• shellshine
    shellshine Member Posts: 930
    edited August 2014

Hey Hoolies, 

I just finished reading .....boy do you all have a lot going on, as usual. 

I have a rare extra day off today as the "hurricane" that turned into a tropical storm bypassed my little nook of the woods almost completely, and all of us home hospice nurses have the day off. It feels great to have an extra day to rest, relax and catch up. They say another one is headed this way in a few days, DS heads back to college on Monday so it better not mess with my boy! 

• FireKracker
    FireKracker Member Posts: 5,858
    edited August 2014

just checkin in

Been busy the last few days

But I'm back off this merry go round

Tomorrow Veggys friend Sharon is comin to vist

And yes we spend most of the time talkin about how much we both miss her

Where is ducky?????

• SlowDeepBreaths
    SlowDeepBreaths Member Posts: 6,702
    edited August 2014

Happy Birthday GMA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• gmafoley
    edited August 2014

Thank you for the birthday wishes.  Been busy with hubby all day.. That is the best I can ask for.

• gardengumby
    gardengumby Member Posts: 4,860
    edited August 2014

happy birthday, GMA. Sounds like you had a good one.  

• duckyb1
    edited August 2014

Happy Birthday GMA......hope it was a great day..

• blondiex46
    blondiex46 Member Posts: 2,726
    edited August 2014

croc agreed you have so much going on, take care of yourself...

HUGS TO ALL!!

• april485
    april485 Member Posts: 1,983
    edited August 2014

Blondie, how are you doing now that you are not in active treatment? I am hoping that you are comfortable, pain free and happy and enjoying quality family time. Praying for you! xoxo

G'ma, hope your birthday was as fabulous as you are!

Gotta run...cooked for 70 all day yesterday for my son's belated wedding reception and have to heat it all up and boil the pasta, finish my laundry and be out of the door by 11! Yikes!

I made, oven barbecued chicken, sausage and peppers, pasta with meat sauce, baked beans, meat and cheese platters, potato salad, cauliflower with cheese sauce (my little step grand daughter asked me to make that cause she had it at my house and loved it and said it is the only vegetable besides corn that she likes...lol) so am pretty much cooked out at this point!  Only thing left to do is boil the pasta in the morning (12 lbs!) and then bring it to the park. They rented a covered pavilion. We decided not to grill cause then someone has to man it all day and we decided this would be easier (yeah, on them!) on everyone. I thought I was going to have some help from my DIL's mother, but she is just doing desserts. WTH???? Anyway, live and learn. Next time, caterers! LOL

• FireKracker
    edited August 2014

Good morning

Nice to see u April up early

Doin the big thing today

Bless u for all that ur doin

I hope the day goes well and the sun is shinning on everyone.

Enjoy

Details later would be nice...

BBL

• duckyb1
    edited August 2014

April...............plate and fork in hand............I'm leaving now............LOL.....sounds yummy........you go girl........way to make a meal..................hugs

• blondiex46
    edited August 2014

April so much food you have any left over, I will be right there......ducky you can come!!

• gmafoley
    edited August 2014

Here's a picture of one of our sunsets - just because I wanted to post it in a safe place where someone would enjoy it.. Love you all...

• gmafoley
    edited August 2014

Finally got a picture of the funny Gma and her grands at my birthday party. and yes - that is my dreamcatcher hanging on the wall.

• FireKracker
    edited August 2014

Good morning

GmaF u look sooo happy.....it's about time sista???since I no u there was always some kinda pain!!!thank God ur getting relief...the kids r sooo cute

No comment on the left over food....GF is a horror so it don't look like I'll be goin for any left overs,,,,Blondie and ducky will be there with their appetite ......

BBL

• duckyb1
    edited August 2014

GMA......beautiful picture.....both the sunset and you and your family..........

• FireKracker
    edited August 2014

• gmafoley
    edited August 2014

so true so true. 

• FireKracker
    edited August 2014

• blondiex46
    edited August 2014

yay GMA love the pix

sso true kracxker, got my appetite back thanks to steroids

• gmafoley
    edited August 2014

Love that picture FK and thanks Blondiex - So glad to hear you are feeling better.

I went in for my check up with my primary and she is awestruck in how much better I am.  She actually said that I even look better.  We did have a discussion about talking to a plastic surgeon, being I was never given an option when I had my lumpectomy..  She basically put in a request saying "back and neck pain and can't wear a bra because of breast pain"..  Being I can't wear a bra, the breasts seem to be so heavy they are contributing to my pain.  I told her I just wanted to see what my options really are and if I could make them smaller, so a bra isn't necessary. My thought is that it might actually help with the sternal, clavicle pain and neck pain..  Am I just being silly? She actually said if she was in my shoes, she would also want them off..  It is nice when your doctor validates your ideas and thoughts.!  

Here is a good morning picture for you all.. I have to remember - Today is a New Day...