Fill Out Your Profile to share more about you. Learn more...

STFU (Shut the F*** UP)

Comments

• proudtospin
    proudtospin Member Posts: 4,671
    edited September 2014

I got me a cleaning person when I was first diagnosed, 6 years out and I could not live without her!

once a month keeps me.....in line

• FireKracker
    FireKracker Member Posts: 5,858
    edited September 2014

me too

• blondiex46
    blondiex46 Member Posts: 2,726
    edited September 2014

Love love love it ducky, my favorite word in the world, love to crudse, makes thhe point

• PoppyK
    PoppyK Member Posts: 1,275
    edited October 2014

Oh, Ducky.... thanks for a huge laugh! Whenever I embarrass my kids, I figure it's payback for all the times they embarrassed me ....horribly!

FireKracker,  I hope you are feeling better.

My cleaning lady doesn't clean like I would, but it's done and presentable. Not perfect, but worth the money. I have never been so exhausted in my entire life. Damn chemo. It had better work!

• gardengumby
    gardengumby Member Posts: 4,860
    edited October 2014

When I was working full-time we had a cleaning lady - then I discovered I was missing a BUNCH of stuff, so she was politely let go...

Now we hire someone to come in twice, twice a year.  Two times in the fall, and two times in the spring.  In between hubby and I take care of it.  (We also stay home while she's cleaning.)

• proudtospin
    proudtospin Member Posts: 4,671
    edited October 2014

I hear you, I had jewelry stolen by an old cleaner, but got a good one now.  your plan of cleaning sounds good to me, may think on it

• april485
    april485 Member Posts: 1,983
    edited October 2014

Gardengumby, POLITELY let go? Man, that would have been hard for me. I would have had to say something to the effect of "Before you leave, if you know what is good for you, give me back the shit you stole from me beyatch or I will have to call the cops"

• FireKracker
    edited October 2014

I'm back 

Still no results

Did a CT scan

Colonoscopy Oct.16 

• m0mmyof3
    m0mmyof3 Member Posts: 9,696
    edited October 2014

Kracker,

Hope everything comes out on the good side for you!

• FireKracker
    edited October 2014

tx.

I think it's time to burn this damn disease

• blondiex46
    edited October 2014

FIRE, I continueously worry about you, hru? in pain? this disease sucks!!!

• m0mmyof3
    edited October 2014

It does indeed! Shoot the way they treat this disease causes more complications than the disease itself!

• FireKracker
    edited October 2014

today is a new day

I went to Walmart with my Focktober shirt lookin to see if there were any displays for Focktober...nuthin yet!!!!!hot damn I was ready to go to war with someone

Or at least tell someone to STFU

• PoppyK
    edited October 2014

Oh, FireKracker.... I can't imagine going to Walmart and not finding someone to say STFU to! Every time I go there, someone riles me up. Surprised they don't have a huge pink display though.

I said STFU (over and over again in my head) yesterday.... My DH and I have volunteered as leaders for our sons' cub scout and boy scout troops for over 10 years. One of the moms (whom we have known for years) said she received an email from a friend so people could sign up and bring us meals twice a week to make things easier for us. She asked me why we "needed" meals. I told her it was to make things easier for my husband and kids since I was undergoing chemo for breast cancer. She started bawling.... and said over and over again "Oh my God! I'm so scared! I go for my mammogram on Friday and what if I end up like you!"  REALLY! That was the first, second, third and fourth thing that popped into her head???

I wish I had told her to STFU! I could have blamed it on the meds......

• m0mmyof3
    edited October 2014

That woman deserves an STFU for her stupidity! Did she stop and think for one moment that you wanted to be dealing with this? I don't think any of us wanted to deal with this crappy disease and the side effects from treatment!

• april485
    edited October 2014

Sheesh...some people, eh Poppy? It is ALWAYS all about them and only them. Consider the source and let her have her hysteria. She is a selfish person.

• m0mmyof3
    edited October 2014

I really want to tell people who say to me "But your so young" when they find out that I have this crappy disease to STFU. What do they think, its an older persons disease?

• PoppyK
    edited October 2014

Oh... I forgot the other thing she said....

"They didn't have to cut off your boobs did they?" 

Seriously!!!!

Mommy, lots of people make the young comment to me, too.... even my doctors (but their reason for the comment is different I suppose). It reminds me that the two biggest risk factors are being a woman and getting older. Stuff we can't do anything about.

• m0mmyof3
    edited October 2014

Poppy,

Just shows how ignorant that woman is. I would have come back with "No, I didn't want my boobs anymore, so they froze them off!"

That's right. We can't do anything about if we get this crap or not! If we had a choice, I wouldn't have chosen this for me or anyone I know. I've lost my step-great grandmother to this crap and the mother of my best friend from my freshman year of high school. She fought this crap twice and the second time it took her from her family. Nor would I have chosen to lose my mom's oldest brother to lung and brain cancer from exposure to asbestos!

• blondiex46
    edited October 2014

Stupid people get on my nerves

• m0mmyof3
    edited October 2014

In addition, if I had my choice, I would definately have not chosen for my mom to had colon cancer! At least the only good thing that came out of the BRCA test was that my cancer was not inherited!

• duckyb1
    duckyb1 Member Posts: 9,646
    edited October 2014

• m0mmyof3
    edited October 2014

Love it Ducky! that goes for any insensitive idiot out there that thinks BC is easy to live with or something to joke about!

• PoppyK
    edited October 2014

Ducky is the one who told me to smile when I tell people to STFU....

• FireKracker
    edited October 2014

Just wanted to let everyone no I am finally goin to meet Veggys hubby and sons..

This was long overdue

I'm goin to church with her friend Sharon

It's gonna be a surprise..

I'm excited

• april485
    edited October 2014

Enjoy your meeting and bring Kleenex cause I know it will be emotional! Hugs to all of her family.

• FireKracker
    edited October 2014

I did it

Even brought my camera

Even had them developed

Don't no how to post pics.from iPad 

I need some won by phone to walk me throu it step by step

Yes April it was quite emotional

• duckyb1
    duckyb1 Member Posts: 9,646
    edited October 2014

FK.....take a picture of the picture with your IPad......then save it on your Ipad to your pictures and that's it......very easy........

• FireKracker
    edited October 2014

Ducky,I'm gonna try

I found quite a few pics that I had developed

Let's see if I can do it

• FireKracker
    edited October 2014

here is my first try

I'm not done yet