Fill Out Your Profile to share more about you. Learn more...

STFU (Shut the F*** UP)

Comments

• m0mmyof3
    m0mmyof3 Member Posts: 9,696
    edited September 2014

Hubby works at a community college. The sad thing about this whole thing is that if takes the FMLA he won't get paid for it and right now he is our only source of income. His boss never has anyone do hubby's share of the work when he's out, so hubby has double the work when he goes back to work! His boss is a real butthead!

• april485
    april485 Member Posts: 1,983
    edited September 2014

Is he in the Union? State employees usually are and he can ask for protection if they give him grief. Plus, he can take intermittent FMLA. He does not have to take it all at once. Even an hour here and there can be coded FMLA and this protects his job and the jerk boss can't fire him or do anything to him at all for that matter! DOL would be so up his ass if he bothered him for this, he would not know what hit him! You cannot mess with FMLA rights. I take intermittent FMLA and it is easy to get your doctor to sign off on the paperwork which will protect hubby fully. Look into it if you are worried. Then hubby can take his occasional day for you without a single worry!

• m0mmyof3
    edited September 2014

Yes he is. He said if his boss keeps it up he will take it to the union. The union reps where he work really like him and would go to Hades and back for him!

• PoppyK
    PoppyK Member Posts: 1,275
    edited September 2014

Mommyof2, That's horrible. This person must really have some problems getting along with others. A few days here and there... should be no big deal. Sorry you have to deal with this.

• proudtospin
    proudtospin Member Posts: 4,671
    edited September 2014

wow, I worked for a very small firm and never had the option of the FML stuff, used to be jealous of those that did but...figure it is not better on the other side, hope you get it worked out

• SlowDeepBreaths
    SlowDeepBreaths Member Posts: 6,702
    edited September 2014

Great stories here....sorry I missed the party.

M0mmy, that's horrible. What a jerk.

GMA, that quilt is beautiful!!

• m0mmyof3
    edited September 2014

Yeah it is... so I figure the boss is another person who belongs on the bonfireLoopy

• blondiex46
    blondiex46 Member Posts: 2,726
    edited September 2014

Whoa that sucks guess he thought u wouuld b over it by now

People r idiots

• FireKracker
    FireKracker Member Posts: 5,858
    edited September 2014

JUST TELL THEM ALL TO STFU

• blondiex46
    edited September 2014

will do fire

• m0mmyof3
    edited September 2014

If hubby gets anymore annoying today I'ma gonna tell him STFU!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Can't wait til he goes to work in the morning!

• FireKracker
    edited September 2014

I love to say STFU

It makes me feel good

Just do it!!!!!!

• m0mmyof3
    edited September 2014

Told him that three times today and I'ma gonna keep doing it til he goes to bed

• blondiex46
    edited September 2014

F is my favorite word, pathetic.  

• FireKracker
    edited September 2014

I have to be careful around the kiddies

But I do like to say STFU

• m0mmyof3
    edited September 2014

me too!

• april485
    edited September 2014

Happy I always knew that F word was a handy, dandy little sucker but the older I get, the more I realize how lovely it can be when combined with Shut the and ending it with up. HA!

• FireKracker
    edited September 2014

I love this thread

Did u no the F word is not a curse anymore?

It's an everyday word.haha

It really is a word that makes u feel good

• m0mmyof3
    edited September 2014

yep!  Especially when you are talking about problem neighbors or traffic!

• SlowDeepBreaths
    edited September 2014

I hardly ever curse.

Until I get behind the wheel. 

I don't know what comes over me.

• m0mmyof3
    edited September 2014

I curse everytime I'm with my other half and we are turning into our driveway. Idiot drivers on our street have dang near hit us several times and the sad fact is we let them know we are turning long before we get to our driveway!

• april485
    edited September 2014

I rarely curse too...out loud. But, there is most definitely a drunken sailor inside my head...LOL

• duckyb1
    duckyb1 Member Posts: 9,646
    edited September 2014

My husband  use to say to me........."All you need is a tattoo on your left arm so you can hang it out the window to match the "scene" with that "truck driver mouth of yours"...............

• duckyb1
    edited September 2014

Ok hysterical story.......yesterday my daughter was going to Target........her husband has been in the hospital for 5 days counting today......will be getting out today or tomorrow.............Anways.

Yesterday she was on her cell phone walking into Target an talking to me....she said she was leaving for the hospital about 12pm....I said "ok, pick me up"......(had been going everyday with her)........well anyway she answered..........."Mom you don't have to go, its a long day sitting there, and maybe you can get something done at home"........................I said "oh sure..........I will sit around this fucking house, looking at all the fucking cleaning that has to be done, which I am fucking not capable of doing"................all of a sudden she is laughing her ass off, and he phone goes dead............

Guess why................the loony toon had me on "speaker", and everyone within 5 feet of her heard everything I said"......................she could not hit "disconnect" fast enough...............LMFAO.......  

• SlowDeepBreaths
    edited September 2014

OMG Ducky....that is too funny!!

• m0mmyof3
    edited September 2014

OMG Ducky! I really feel for your daughter on that one!

• april485
    edited September 2014

Hahahahahahah! Love it ducky! xo

• duckyb1
    edited September 2014

I don't know what got into me.......frustrated from not being able to kneel, bend down, stand on ladders, wash my til in windows, take care of my gorgeous hardwood floors.......so "REALLY"........what can I clean......the only immaculate stuff in my house is what I can reach..................and you never see laundry..........LOL.....always done............haha........if it is high or low...............forget about it............thinking about getting a cleaning woman, but they never do it like you do, but then again that should not be hard cause...............I CAN'T DO IT.............lol

• Alyson
    Alyson Member Posts: 3,737
    edited September 2014

So funny Ducky

• SlowDeepBreaths
    edited September 2014

I hear ya Ducky! Cleaning is like torture. 

Takes a crane to get me up off the floor anymore!!

I think a cleaning lady sounds like an excellent idea!!