Fill Out Your Profile to share more about you. Learn more...

STFU (Shut the F*** UP)

Comments

• FireKracker
    FireKracker Member Posts: 5,858
    edited September 2014

I'm practicing now

• m0mmyof3
    m0mmyof3 Member Posts: 9,696
    edited September 2014

You don't know how many times during my fight this last year I just wanted to grab a hold of some well-meaning (and those not so well meaning) people who were trying to tell me how to conduct my daily life while dealing with this crap and give them a few good head slaps! Just because some of them may have been through this before themselves or with others, the situations are not the same for everyone!

• april485
    april485 Member Posts: 1,983
    edited September 2014

Amen M0mmy!

• nitengirl1
    nitengirl1 Member Posts: 23
    edited September 2014

Well can I say that to my mom out loud?   :)  She had BC when she was 60, 2mm, hormone induced from taking hormone therapy.  Not like my BC, different type and situation and very different age.  Im premenopausel and she keeps telling me that Radiation and Chemo is nothing.  She never had either!  She had me cleaning out my cabinets 2 days after my LX.  STFU  would feel pretty good.

• FireKracker
    edited September 2014

tell anyone u want to STFU

It's ur right to

Ur body...

Once u tell the first one(yeah even a mother) it gets easy

Once my GF told me when I was first dx.WOW UR LUCKY U ONLY HAVE STAGE2

My answer was if I'm that lucky u can have it

Maybe ur luck will change

• blondiex46
    blondiex46 Member Posts: 2,726
    edited September 2014

Yay fire, u r so right, people r just idiots

• PoppyK
    PoppyK Member Posts: 1,275
    edited September 2014

Niten, You found your way to this page, too! These ladies are awesome!

FireKracker is right, it does get easier after you say it once to someone.

Blondie too-people are idiots.

Your mother sounds a lot like mine. The first story she shared with me was about her co- worker who is battling breast cancer that has spread, and has run out of treatment options. Wow, Mom! She kind of made my diagnosis all about her, too. She is a nightmare! I've told her she's not helping, but maybe I should try saying STFU.

Thank God my DH talked to her after my first chemo infusion so I wouldn't have to.

• m0mmyof3
    edited September 2014

My mom gave me a bit of trouble with my care last year and it stopped once she came for a visit and actually got to meet my onco and my surgeon. She instantly changed her tune and saw that contrary to what she thought, they actually knew what they were doing to take care of her daughter.

My FIL and MIL on the other hand are a whole different story. These two people (and I say this lightly) have never treated me as if I was good enough to be part of their family. If my hubby needed any proof to what I had been saying about their attitudes toward me since I have been with him, last year was the proof. The moment they found out I had BC, they mounted another campaign to get rid of me by hoping the cancer would kill me. During my treatments, my hubby's younger brother had a health issue that almost killed him because of his lack of attention to his own health. After one of my chemo sessions, we drove an hour to see his brother at another hospital and then we had to drive my MIL home because FIL had left the hospital to go home because he was tired. During driving my MIL home, we got detoured twice because of accidents due to bad weather. When we finally got to my hubby's parents house, I was so wiped out from chemo and then the driving that I looked like I could drop at any moment, my FIL stupidly chose that moment to open his big mouth and said to my hubby that I didn't look so good and that he should get me home so I could rest. Hubby turned around before I could even open my mouth and told his father "Gee, I don't know why she doesn't look so good, it was only her day to have chemo and it isn't like going to a football game. They give ya drugs to kill what's trying to kill you". FIL just shut right up and looked as if he had been slapped!

• FireKracker
    edited September 2014

good morning

I expected something different to wake up to..

First I don't remember welcoming both of u..if I did oh well I'll do it again

U will meet all my partners today...that's a good thing.Y ou will like them

Now to the stupid ppl we all have in our lives all I can say is after u make it very obvious u don't want to hear anyone's bull shit....the word gets out...

Mommy ur FIL has shit for brains???How dare he be so selfish AND good for ur hubby for sayin what he did...yay.

Today is the day we r havin our funny story party

It goes on all day

Think of one or more funny stories u want to share with us for the month

Then we go to the bonefire of the Goddess thread and we burn all this crap...The fire burns all day and nite...u both have crap to burn.

I hope to see u both there

I will be back later....

I have to do some tests today...

• duckyb1
    duckyb1 Member Posts: 9,646
    edited September 2014

Ok........1 funny story.....old but hysterical....some may know it already......this story is about my grandson now 27....he was 4 at the time........here goes.

My husband passed away in 1991....he was 57, and of course I was devastated.....that was not funny...this is.

My 4 year old grandson Joey, came over everday after he passed away with my daughter...........one day he looked me straight in the eyes and said "Nannie, your very sad today aren't you????...........I said "ys Joey I am"..........he said ...."you miss Poppie don't you".............I said "yes Joey I do very much"...........he said "I know Nannie, that is why every night when I say my prayers I pray for you to "die" so you can be with Poppie".....................LOL.......out of the mouths of Babes.......that was 23 years ago......I still remind him about what he said...............LOL

• duckyb1
    edited September 2014

This was Joey then....below is Joey and me having a good time..............LOL

• FireKracker
    edited September 2014

good one ducky...out of the mouths of babes.

Here is my first story

I use this mood lipstick...it stays on all day...been using it for yrs.

Before I retired in 2007 I. Stocked up..all colors....now I'm running low

SO I go on amazon a NED see a 12 pk.on there with all the colors...I was so excited I couldn't wait to get it so I cold play with the colors....the first one was orange so I was wearing an orange shirt I said ok here goes...put it on and bingo....IT TURNED PINK.UGGGGG.NOW ONCE U PUT IT ON IT STAYS ON A LONG TIME...I GO DOWN TO MY GD and she said HOW COME UR WEARING PINK LIPSTICK....Everyone nose I freekin hate pink....Next day I try the red...same thing...pink...now I'm gettin pissed off...every one of these 12 lipstick is pink...

THIS IS MOOD LIPSTICK...MY GD SAID UR MOOD IS PINK

oh shit...

• duckyb1
    edited September 2014

Story # 2.........

It was cool weather....I decided to go shopping, got in my car, and went to the Target in my hometown......before getting out of the car I thought  .....let me put on some "lip balm", cause my lips felt so dry......I use Bert's Bee's............pulled the tube out of my handbag, and did what I do so well....smeared it all around my lips of course inside and outside the lipline.........

When I walked into the store everyone was staring at me, and I thought......ok, "boogie on my nose""..........."wind blown hair"..........WTF are these people looking at...............after walking through the entire store a little girl came up to me and said "what is wrong with your face"............

Here I pulled out my red lipstick instead of my Berts Bees and without a mirror smeard it all over my moutth................I looked like "Happy the Clown"..........swear that is a true story........

• april485
    edited September 2014

HA Ducky and FK!! good ones!

Now for my funny story! I work with the unemployed/dislocated worker population. I send them to short-term vocational training and Job Development. I recently had a client come in and tell me he wanted to go to school to get his CDL Class A truck driver's license. (18 wheelers)

One of the questions we always ask someone who is asking for this training is "Is your driver's license squeaky clean (no speeding tickets, DUI's etc.) cause that is important for finding a job after getting the license." The guy looks at me with a straight face and said "Oh, I don't have a driver's license" I said "What? Why do you want a CDL license if you don't drive?" He said "Oh, I drive. I have been driving for years. I just never bothered to get a license and stuff cause then you have to pay insurance etc. and renewal fees." I could not BELIEVE he was telling me this!! BTW, he was 44 years old and said he was driving from the age of 15. I asked him if he ever was caught and h e said a couple of times - the penalty? Not allowed to get a driver's license for 5 years! HA! So, since it had been five years, he went and got a driver's license and since his "license" was clean, he went to truck driving school and is now working as a truck driver!

You can't make this shit up! He was so proud of his new license. He could not wait to tell me he had one! Singing

HA!

• PoppyK
    edited September 2014

Okay, I'll give it a try.

First visit with the surgical oncologist at a teaching medical center, DH by my side. This means I will be seen by a surgical resident who is in training and by my doctor who is doing the training.

Well, the young resident looks just like the character Dr. Cooper on cable TVs Nurse Jackie. Cracked me up because Dr. Cooper has mild Tourette's syndrome which causes him to grab women's breasts.... AND I knew this guy was going to be grabbing my breasts-for exams of course.

Sorry if you don't get the TV show reference, but the funniest part was yet to come. The doctor asks if he can do the breast exam, and my husband stands up and bolts for the door. I tell DH he can stay... He says "are you sure?" of course I'm sure, it's just a breast exam. Then the young doctor says to my husband "Well, you aren't going to hit me are you?" Might have been a bit inappropriate, but I found it funny.

Guess my DH is really protective of me....I chose him because he was the nicest, most caring person I had ever met.

• m0mmyof3
    edited September 2014

Got a funny story that happened a few years ago and didn't find out who the culprit was until last spring. The last semester of my studying for my Associates Degree I took a Young Adult Fiction class just for adding a couple of extra credits to the transcript. The class was pretty easy and the professor made it enjoyable for everyone in the class. As the deadline for graduation approached, he asked us who in the class was going to be graduating, which turned out to be about six of us in the class. I didn't give it much thought as to why he asked that question, but now that I think about it, I should have realized it at that time he had something planned for us. So here comes the all important day and as the ceremony goes on and they get to my name, as I crossed the stage to get that all important case that would hold my degree I hear "Way to go" connected with my name. I figured it had to be either one of three people: hubby, my step-dad or my younger brother. So after the ceremony was over and I was saying good-bye to my family who had come for the ceremony I asked everyone if they were responsible for what I had heard. No one would own up to it. 

So last year I was in the Barnes and Nobles in the mall and I run into my professor and we got to talking and I in the course of finding out his book had finally been published and having him autograph a copy for me, I asked him was he the one that shouted Way to Go at my graduation. The stinker owned up to it and said to me "don't you remember I warned all of you in the class who were graduating I had a suprise planned for you". I just felt like I wanted the earth open under me and swallow me up!

• proudtospin
    proudtospin Member Posts: 4,671
    edited September 2014

sounds like you had a good professor!

• m0mmyof3
    edited September 2014

he's the best!

• april485
    edited September 2014

M0mmy, which school? I live in CT too and I had a professor just like that years ago at Tunxis CC.  Wondering if it was him...

• FireKracker
    edited September 2014

#2 story

Another pink one.now u be quiet ducky...

In case u all don't no I use colored streaks in my hair

Of course my favorite is purple...it's chalk and it washes out...anyway I got this lovely box of about 30 different colors....so I started to play...first I used one purple and it came out so good...should have left it alone...after days I washed it out and of course I tried another shade of purple

Guess what damn color this one came out

U got it...hot pink.....

Alyson would get a kick out of this one cause she always gets me with the pink shit..

Only if u no me would u appreciate how much I despise this pink washing

• FireKracker
    edited September 2014

and last but not least I was on FB and I'm on a lot of Brooklyn sites

There was one advertisement from one of the real estate shitheads that decided to have some tee shirts,hoodies etc. made and sell them all for bc..rah rah rah....Focktober PINKWASHING.....AND was goona donate 4% to bc...and the owner who is a cheep bastard was gonna have this hot dog party...

All I asked was only 4%?????

Well we went into this big argument right on FB just last week

He harassed me,tellin me if I could do betta good for me,and why don't I come down to see for myself what they r doin

In bold letters I told him 1- yr boss is an asshole...I no him

2- all I asked was a question....I can do betta then 4% but not to u or ur boss

3- u don't no me but I no u...ur a jerk

Enuf...now leave me alone and no I don't believe in PINKWASHING....I. Had bc and I take offense

Finally he stopped...

It's not even Oct. Yet and here I am with the boxing gloves on...

I just too out my shirt that says 

FOCKTOBER SUKS...JUST ASK ME...

LOTS OF PPL STOP ME AND ASK QUESTIONS

I'm done

• m0mmyof3
    edited September 2014

April it was Naugatuck Valley

• FireKracker
    edited September 2014

ok!!!,

Where is everyone? 

I'm goin to the bonefire

• crog234
    crog234 Member Posts: 324
    edited September 2014

sorry firecracker I missed the party..  😒. Was a long day and I am quickly checking in and now I need to go get some sleep..

• m0mmyof3
    edited September 2014

Venting my frustrations here has really helped. I've been stressed out for a few weeks and I had no way to vent!

• nitengirl1
    nitengirl1 Member Posts: 23
    edited September 2014

I think I'm a day late, but my funny story may not be funny but it was to me. 

I had to call the Chief Pilots office at my Airline and tell them I have BC.  As a pilot you are removed immediately from flying.  Anyway, I was choked up and having trouble saying it, so it came out a little higher pitched.  So he goes on to tell me how sorry he is and that do I or my family need flight arrangements.  I assumed he was talking about for consults or treatments so I said no, not yet, I think.  He then goes on to say well let me know because we like to send flowers to the funeral and of course we will fly your family out for the funeral.  I was a bit shocked and said , Ok, if we need it?  He continues on about taking as much time as I need and checked my schedule.  Long story shorten, He thought I said death in the family instead of Breast cancer.  When I finallly figured out what he was talking about and corrected him, I think I heard him drop to the floor!!  I thought he was being proactive on my death!!  Oh well, an hour later I was laughing hysterically over it.  

• m0mmyof3
    edited September 2014

oh Brother!

• proudtospin
    proudtospin Member Posts: 4,671
    edited September 2014

niten, bet that was no way funny at the time!  hope your family NEVER needs that!

• m0mmyof3
    edited September 2014

Really need to vent since hubby just called me a few seconds ago.

My hubby's boss last year when he found out that I had BC told hubby to take as much time as he needed to help with my care. Now he's acting like hubby is never there to do his job when he gets a bug up his wazoo! He is trying to push my hubby who only takes off a day or two to help me when I am really down for the count to take unpaid leave when I need his help. This jerk has wanted to fire my hubby for 8 yrs now because hubby don't kiss his backside like the other guys in the department!

Wish I had a way to get to hubby's work and tell the jerk to: STFU!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• PoppyK
    edited September 2014

Mommyof2, 

Wow, that is awful.

This is exactly why we have a Federal Law called the Family and Medical Leave Act. Does your husband's employer have 50 or more employees? Here's a link to a Dept of Labor fact sheet:

http://www.dol.gov/whd/regs/compliance/whdfs28.pdf