Fill Out Your Profile to share more about you. Learn more...

Triple Negative Stage IV

Options

Comments

• oropallo
    oropallo Member Posts: 10
    edited January 2022
    Options

Who is administering Ivermectin? I am very interested and have been on Fenbendezole and am considering taking Ivermectin. What milligram are you on? Any words of wisdom. I cannot tell my oncologist I am taking Fen. Please email me at oropallo@aol.com if can

• nicolerod
    nicolerod Member Posts: 2,877
    edited January 2022
    Options

So does anyone know if Gemzar is given for TNBC?? I definitely do NOT think the Trodelvy is working at all (I speak to my MO tomorrow) but its not looking good none of my liver or bone pain is gone...

• Hollyli1202
    Hollyli1202 Member Posts: 122
    edited January 2022
    Options

Nicole - Yes. Gemzar is a chemo that is given for TNBC. I was on it March 2021-August 2021. It was a combo of pembro/carbo/gem.

• moth
    moth Member Posts: 3,293
    edited January 2022
    Options

Nicole, here's the list of most common mtnbc treatments.

https://community.breastcancer.org/forum/8/topics/...

I'm sorry that trodelvy might be failing:(

• nicolerod
    edited January 2022
    Options

Well I had meeting with my MO today... she said yes, basically 2 chemos left for me if Trod. fails... Gem/carbo and Abraxane/ or Taxol.... but Moth...I just noticed one on your list I never heard of.. Navelbine (vinorelbine) ? Is that used for TN? I tried to google but it didn't say?

• moth
    edited January 2022
    Options

Yes, there are studies about it for TN. Either alone, metronomic or with a platinum agent

https://scholar.google.ca/scholar?q=vinorelbine+me...

• s3k5
    s3k5 Member Posts: 411
    edited February 2022
    Options

Nicole have you had Pembro yet? Pembro/gem/carbo would be an option to try?

My blood counts didnโ€™t like Gem or Carbo along with Pembro. So for three months I got Pembro alone but it didnโ€™t do much. Now I have started Halaven . Hoping this will be my miracle drug! I have a lot of fatigue with this, but hopefully my blood count stays high enough to continue with the treatment.

• nicolerod
    edited February 2022
    Options

S. your blood counts should stay good on Halaven low blood count is not one of the high side effects or at least I don't remember it being one. I never had Pemo do you mean keytruda? >. If so...it probably wouldn't do me any good as I am not PDL1 Positive anymore..however the HER2 BATS trial I am looking at UVA combines with Keytruda..and you have ever had immunotherapy then you cannot do that trial...so I think I would go for the trial first... this is the trial

https://www.clinicaltrials.gov/ct2/show/results/NCT03272334

• ap3
    ap3 Member Posts: 20
    edited April 2022
    Options

This thread has gone a bit quiet. How is everyone doing?

My wife's latest PET showed some mild activity in a couple of supraclavicular lymph nodes, but they think it might be due to her latest Covid vaccine. Otherwise she remains NED. Fingers crossed that this lasts. She's getting Carbo every 3 weeks as maintenance.

• moth
    edited April 2022
    Options

ap3, how wonderful that she's ned!

I had progression in December & we applied to switch to trodelvy. Took almost 6 weeks to arrange.

I have finally done 3 cycles of trodelvy & had scan & it is not good. Several new lesions. But lots of stuff small or same too

my team wonders if the new things grew in dec/jan during the treatment break. So I'm doing 2 more cycles & quick rescan in 6 weeks.

Other than that I've been gutted by the deaths recently of several mtnbc women I followed on IG or FB.... they all seemed to run up hard against the 3 yr mark. Panicking me that I only have a year left.

• nicolerod
    edited April 2022
    Options

Im sorry Moth I feel the same way ....in 5 days I hit my 3 year mark...running out of time and treatments. Will you look at a trial?

• ap3
    edited April 2022
    Options

Oh Moth, I'm so sorry to hear that Trodelvy might not be working well for you. It's such a horrible disease. Fingers crossed that they find something that will work for you.

• nicolerod
    edited April 2022
    Options

Moth I see I did respond to you here about the possible progression. Hoping that you just need more time on T.

Is anyone doing the Keto diet? I was considering it based on a great informative video about the metobolic side of cancer (I will post a link to video below). but concern is about blocking the fatty acid pathway. I know that if we cut carbs and sugar which is good but it can then make the cancer just pick a different pathway to eat from....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=06e-PwhmSq8&t=2336s

• ap3
    edited May 2022
    Options

Well, it looks like my wife is out of this thread, for now at least. Her biopsy came back and she has gone from TN to ER+ 8/8.

It's weird how this disease works. She's being treated as ER+ now, but I will make sure they biopsy *anything* new that turns up. I'm not in any way convinced that the TN cells are done with her yet, but our fingers are crossed.

How often does everyone get biopsies? Is it every new occurance?

• nicolerod
    edited May 2022
    Options

That is the first I have ever heard of someone going from TN to ER+

• Rosie24
    Rosie24 Member Posts: 1,026
    edited May 2022
    Options

ap3, very interesting that your wife went from TN to ER+. I recently flipped from ER+ to TN after liver progression and biopsy. Or so we thought. One small lesion (sub-centimeter) on my spine went crazy the following month and we eventually found out it had stayed ER+. Just another example of the unexpected. Good luck to yourwife

• ap3
    edited May 2022
    Options

I found a study that says 25% of TNBC can become ER+: https://pubmed.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/25454687/ (albeit after NCT)

I think it's definitely worth getting any new lesions biopsied if at all possible!

• moderators
    moderators Posts: 8,010
    edited June 2022
    Options

Hi all! Exciting news out of ASCO we thought you might be interested in:

A New Standard of Care? Enhertu Improves Survival in People With Metastatic HER2-Low Breast Cancer
    June 6, 2022

Compared with doctors' choice of chemotherapy, Enhertu (chemical name: fam-trastuzumab-deruxtecan-nxki) improved both progression-free survival and overall survival in people diagnosed with previously treated metastatic HER2-low breast cancer. Read more...

• nicolerod
    edited June 2022
    Options

Sorry mods..but i am confused why this is posted here...Her2low is not HER2- 0%..which is what most if not all TNBC are...

• moderators
    moderators Posts: 8,010
    edited June 2022
    Options

From the article: "About 15% to 20% of breast cancers are HER2-positive. Still, research shows that more than 60% of breast cancers considered HER2-negative have some HER2 proteins on the surface of its cells. There just aren't enough HER2 proteins for the cancer to be considered HER2-positive. Doctors now call these cancers HER2-low."
    So, some members here may be treated or think they are HER2-negative but may actually be HER2-low, in which case this study could be beneficial to them.

Hope this helsp!

The Mods

• nicolerod
    edited June 2022
    Options

ok..thanks Mods I understand. What about those that their FSH was 0% for HER2?? Could they still be low?

• cookie54
    cookie54 Member Posts: 685
    edited June 2022
    Options

So I now joined the Stage IV TNBC group officially dx with lung mets. Not much to say because it just stinks!!!!Question, has anyone ever been told their cancer seems slow growing? My MO today stated this due to the fact these lung mets have been slow growing for 6 months now. Largest was 6.1 mm and other two are 4mm maybe doubling in size over 3 months. Going to get some new scans and plan is to go back on Xeloda being she said it works well with metastatic disease. She feels as of right now it's a slow grower and she would like to try this to give me more freedom. Feels like we should refrain from rolling through the list of chemo as of now. So anyone out there who has heard this ?

Thanks!

• elderberry
    elderberry Member Posts: 1,060
    edited June 2022
    Options

Hi. I am not TNBC but I wanted to pop in with some news of which you may or may not be aware. Last night as I was watching the news, the banner below scrolled that a lab grown molecule has been developed that appears to attack and kill hard to treat cancer cells like Triple Negative BC, Pancreatic and Ovarian cancers. I hope we hear more of that!! It could be TNBC answer to HER2+ 's Herceptin. HOPE

• cookie54
    edited June 2022
    Options

Elderberry thanks for the the ray of hope! Everyone can always use it!

• ap3
    edited June 2022
    Options

Just wanted to add a link to a post re the molecule elderberry mentioned. It looks really promising!

https://www.sciencedaily.com/releases/2022/06/220609173629.htm

• cookie54
    edited June 2022
    Options

Wow, thanks for attaching the article. Very interesting as it even shows potential with glioblastoma's which is a very aggressive cancer. Keeping the faith that one of these days research will break this hard to crack nut open!!

• moth
    edited June 2022
    Options

my platelets ranked really low after gemcitabine + cisplatin day 1 on June 23. No chemo for me tomorrow, cancelled for 2 weeks.

Does anyone have tips to raise the platelet?? I've read that many don't really raise them ๐Ÿ˜ฆ๐Ÿ˜Ÿโ˜น am very worried

• Rosie24
    Rosie24 Member Posts: 1,026
    edited June 2022
    Options

Moth, I was on Gem with Carboplatin recently and ran into the low platelet problem. I had to wait a week and they did come back up after an extra week off. Wishing you the best.

• moth
    edited June 2022
    Options

rosie I'm super happy to hear that yours responded that quickly! I'd heard from some who said it took a long time to get back & that was depressing but yours is excellent! so I'm now I'm really cheering about your story and hoping that is a better interpretation of how things go ๐Ÿ˜Š

• chicagoan
    chicagoan Member Posts: 966
    edited June 2022
    Options

Moth,

A friend of mine with pancreatic cancer had good success in raising his platelets by eating poppy seeds. He discovered this in a fluke when his wife brought back poppy seed pastries from NYC. Solo has canned poppy seed filling if you want to try it.

Best wishes.