Come join others currently navigating treatment in our weekly Zoom Meetup! Register here: Tuesdays, 1pm ET.
Fill Out Your Profile to share more about you. Learn more...

Anyone else out there choosing 100% Alternative?

Options

Comments

• suzieq60
    suzieq60 Member Posts: 1,422
    edited May 2014
    Options

Leggo - I didn't publish the message OK? There was a hell of a lot more to it.

• juneping
    juneping Member Posts: 634
    edited May 2014
    Options

i don't believe kaki was "happy" she got mets....i think she meant the extend of her mets was less severe than she and her docs expected. 

the only thing i was confused about was her doc said she only got a few months left when she was first dx...she said she was stage 2 or 1 at the time.

• NattyOnFrostyLake
    NattyOnFrostyLake Member Posts: 74
    edited May 2014
    Options

Really Suzie, gossiping about someone as if they're not here is rude. Please stop.

I know you're going through a hard time again but try to understand others are also suffering.

• suzieq60
    suzieq60 Member Posts: 1,422
    edited May 2014
    Options

I'm just pointing out that this lady is not all she seems especially since she joined very recently.

NattyPatty - what hard time? I'm fine nearly 5 years out thanks to my conventional treatment - you always seem to mix me up with someone else.

• Momine
    Momine Member Posts: 2,845
    edited May 2014
    Options

Akevia, about those margins, good catch, and I know what you mean.

• Lily55
    Lily55 Member Posts: 1,748
    edited May 2014
    Options

Akevia - you need to be careful which supplements you use during chemo as some can reduce the effectiveness of chemo so do check them out.  Some are really helpful with reducing side effects of course.....

I don't think english is Kaki's first language and I wish her well.  I know that when I asked about genetic tests I was told I would have to agree to oopherectomy, and bilateral mastectomy FIRST, there was no question of choice once results came through, so some countries do things differently,I am in a first world country which comes up high on good health care (just not always good people skills)

• Akevia
    Akevia Member Posts: 45
    edited May 2014
    Options

Momine :-)

Thanks Lily55 and I will!

• Momine
    edited May 2014
    Options

June, she said they told her to expect 18 months without surgery/chemo/rads. That may well be average life expectancy in that situation (although I don't know). The average is typically not true for most people. Some will live much longer and some a much shorter time.

• OBMelt
    OBMelt Member Posts: 3
    edited June 2014
    Options

Piper....I love what you wrote & I personally did all of these things on my alternative journey to reverse my Stage 2 TNBC in 8 months time ~  Smile So far, it's worked...I'm NED and my tumor is still shrinking.  I know it's not for everyone, but there are some of us 'natural' girls out there who don't want to do the 'cut/poison/burn' therapies.  That's what I thought this post was about, but it's kinda turned into something else ~  

• milehighgirl
    milehighgirl Member Posts: 397
    edited June 2014
    Options

OB Melt, could you be more specific about what you actually did?  It helps to know what worked and what didn't.  Thanks!  Sue

• pipers_dream
    pipers_dream Member Posts: 187
    edited June 2014
    Options

Thanks OB, no it's not for everyone and I certainly don't expect everyone to agree with me and that's fine as long as they don't stand there looking at me like I'm gonna die!  Most of my friends are amazed at how well I look.  I read a fascinating article today:  3 days fasting can regenerate your entire immune system I have lost 30 lbs now and going for 14 more, though I could lose 24 more and still not be over thin.  130 would be a nice weight though.  Still, I keep reminding myself this is not about weight loss--it's just a nice side benefit.  

Another interesting "benefit" is that my breasts have softened considerably and I've lost 2 cup sizes!  My best friend was amazed when she saw me the other day--apparently it happened fairly quickly and I had to go out and buy all new bras.  I don't think it's just the weight loss though--iodine is supposed to reduce the density and swelling and DIM and Ca-d-glucarate may have have had something to do with it as well. All I know is that they are much lighter and softer now and I like that.  A C cup is not a bad place to be at all--I just can't believe how swollen they were but don't know why I'm surprised--I was a C cup for years and then they kept growing thru my 40's and now here I am in my 50's.  It was not healthy growth at all.   

• Momine
    edited June 2014
    Options

OBMelt, I am happy you are doing so well, I really, really am. However, it is a bit misleading to say that you are NED, when the tumor is still there and palpable.

• brooksidevt
    brooksidevt Member Posts: 1,432
    edited June 2014
    Options

Congratulation on the 30 pounds, Pipers.  I know this is just a side effect of your new food plan, but please do not discount the weight loss as purely cosmetic (which is amazingly wonderful, by the way).  My onc says the very best thing any of us ER+ folks can do is lose weight as (and you already know this) our jiggles have the amzing ability to convert androgens into estrogen.  Oh, and the 30 minutes or more of exercise per day is right up there too.

• Lily55
    edited June 2014
    Options

i totally believe in the weight loss being medicine also but I just cannot lose any more weight since taking Aromasin..........very frustrating........I exercise and eat healthily same as befire when I could lose, to feel comfortable in myself i really need to lose at least another 15 to 20lbs

• abigail48
    abigail48 Member Posts: 337
    edited June 2014
    Options

perhaps you do already but try a wheat fast.  I'm wheat fasting for a month, don't need to lose weight but am and fast.  10 pounds in the 3 weeks so far. I'd been eating pasta every day to try 7 put on weight.  that didn't work either.  plan to try organic pasta sauce soon, for a bit anyway, but it has a lot of sugar.  currently making black bean soup with organic canned beans, shalot, potato, oregano, lemon, black deli olives, coconut oil, tomato  oyster mushrooms, then mash it all after cooked in good water

• pipers_dream
    pipers_dream Member Posts: 187
    edited June 2014
    Options

Oh yes Brookside, I'm doing exercise at least 30 min/day.  I have a rebounder, which is like a mini-trampoline, and I put on some good bluegrass music and get to kicking.  It's supposed to be the absolute best for cancer b/c it gets the lymph juices flowing and moving out toxins, but I just like it really well so I'm way more likely to stick with it than trying to drive to the gym every day, which is easy to find excuses not to do! 

Lily, I wish you luck with yours--I will say that for around 2-3 mo I was absolutely unable to get any more weight off no matter what I did--it was a plateau, but I was wondering if I was ever going to get off of it.  Then recently, like over a month, I dropped about 7 lbs.  Maybe that can happen for you too--I think my insulin resistance had to reset itself.  Either that or I lost the 7 lbs from my boobs, lol.  

Abigail, the soup sounds yummy!

• Cuculi
    Cuculi Member Posts: 82
    edited June 2014
    Options

Hello ladies!

I have been following this post, however havent post for a while.

Regarding the discussions on alternative medicine, this is an alternative forum so if some do not agree on what some ladies are doing, then I think those comments should not be done. I just learned that there is a word "trollers" which means people who comment against the discussion. 

I have done the traditional treatment (I wont make it long explaining why but I have my reasons), however what I believe in is alternative medicine.  Thus, forums like this one gives me a lot of info in order to research and make my own decisions. I appreciate the info given by most of you but aggressive comments does not help.  So, to contribute to the latest comments: ayurvedic medicine is what I am following now.  The philosophy of it is more oriental, so I think it goes back to our origins.  So it not only takes account on the person (physically) but the spirit, emotions of that person.  I am 37, nutrition and weight gain is not a problem... But I feel better now... even though before I ate healthy, but now I am healthy under another "umbrella".  Check that and maybe a ayurvedic practitioner can help :)

Regarding exercise... I cant find time! Besides work and my child...wow... I want to ... I started gyrotonic last year and loved it.  Now, I am doing twice a week pilates.  It is at work, so I dont need to move which is great.  However I want to do more (I did a lot before).  I have just checked a video on the rebounder and looks great! And if if helps with BC then I should try it!!! Pipers: Where did you read that?

Have a great weekend and enjoy the soccer games! I am in south america so basically lots of people stop working!!! I do no agree but well... 

xoxo

• Lily55
    edited June 2014
    Options

Thank you for posting Ronald - I agree with a lot of what you say but not the neat correlation of left breast = parts as I think it is different for everyone.  In my case I had major surgery and complications then lost my mother after a prolonged death for her and then a few years later there I am with cancer..........................what is so difficult is that people have been brainwashed into believing only standard protocol treatment whereas there are numerous examples of living people who have proved that wrong.

I am delighted for your girlfriend, a brave choice to make

• exbrnxgrl
    exbrnxgrl Member Posts: 4,830
    edited June 2014
    Options

Ronald,

I am glad your ex is doing well and the regimen worked for her. Others may find your post informative. CindyD hasn't signed on to this site since Sept. 2013 and melizzard has passed away.

• abigail48
    edited June 2014
    Options

I always thought my trouble came on (rt breast) because of the sudden death of my biker.  but that breast had the large cyst since 1964.  still very interesting.  will, indeed check out your link.

• abigail48
    edited June 2014
    Options

the link doesn't work but I just skimmed a number of the related sites.  quite interesting.  wikki is such a fool about things like this:  ignoring info out of hand.  they incidentally have a page about (can I remember?) no, & too lazy to look it up, pseudo science or like that. the premise nothing to argue about, the cure?  I think you need to buy books & machines & such to heal the trahma which caused the cancer.  so I didn't get that far in looking at the method.  probably talk therapy might work too 

• exbrnxgrl
    edited June 2014
    Options

I think this is the link Ronald tried to post.

http://anaximperator.wordpress.com/2009/07/13/germ...

• abigail48
    edited June 2014
    Options

I looked at that one, it looks like it but it turns out it's by the woman he says is trying to preempt the therapy & also deneying its efficacy.  & I wasn't able with a quick look to see what the cure involves.  sounded to me a bit like RRR, but I couldn't say for sure

• exbrnxgrl
    edited June 2014
    Options

Not denying anyone the right to make their own choices but I was intrigued by GNM after reading the link posted above. That link and the following Wikipedia excerpt discuss Dr.Hamer's anti Semitic views and Jewish conspiracy theories and the usual Holocaust denial theory. I'm not going to mince words here, it makes me sick to my stomach. I know Wiki is not always a reliable source but much of what I found on the web about the supposed "Chief Rabbi" friend was not in English. I started to read some of the Spanish sites, but it literally made me sick.  Oh, yes and HIV denial as well.

Jewish conspiracy theory[edit]

Hamer purports that his method is a "Germanic" alternative to mainstream clinical medicine which he claims is part of a Jewish conspiracy to decimate non-Jews. In this Hamer follows the antisemitic "Neue Deutsche Heilkunde" propagated in Nazi Germany. More precisely he asserts that chemotherapy and morphine are used to "mass murder" the western civilisation, while such treatment is not used in Israel where nearly no people die of cancer, according to him.[8][9][15] He promotes the idea that most oncologists in Germany are Jewish and that "no jew is treated with chemotherapy in Germany". According to himhypodermic needles are used during chemotherapy to implant "chips" containing "chambers of poison" that can be activated by satellite to specifically kill patients.[16] He proposes that the swine flu vaccination campaign of 2009 has also been used to mark people with those "chips" and denies the existence of the HIV virus.[17] Hamer also believes that the denial of recognition of his theories and the revocation of his practitioner's licence is due to a Jewish conspiracy.[15]

In 2008, Hamer presented a document where one "Chief Rabbi" "Esra" Iwan Götz confirms the existence of a conspiracy among Jewish oncologists to use the "torture" of chemotherapy on all non-Jewish patients, while Jewish patients were to receive the "correct" treatment of GNM. Iwan Götz is a German holocaust denialist active in the German Reich revivalismscene who has been repeatedly convicted by German courts on counts of holocaust denial,[18] fraud, defamation, misuse of academic titles (the title "Chief Rabbi" is not legally protected in Germany), falsification of documents, among others.[19]

• thenewme
    thenewme Member Posts: 174
    edited June 2014
    Options

Exbrnxgrl, yes - "German New Medicine" pretty much promotes every evil known to mankind:  hate, fear, dishonesty, malice, deceit, misinformation, power, control, etc. all rolled into one. 

• exbrnxgrl
    edited June 2014
    Options

The anti-Semitic rhetoric, Jewish conspiracy theories, Holocaust and AIDS denial are truly revolting in my opinion. What this has to do with actually curing cancer is beyond me. Just an excuse to foment hatred and prejudice. 

• thenewme
    thenewme Member Posts: 174
    edited June 2014
    Options

I couldn't agree more!  

• Lily55
    edited June 2014
    Options

i couldnt open the link but responded to the info in Aliceiw post, sadly there are too many whackos associated with alternative cancer treatments and that does the approach a huge dis servuce

• Momine
    edited June 2014
    Options

Liebe Gott! That Hamer dude is velly, velly cwazy. Interestingly, L. Ron Hubbard who invented Scientology has a similar theory about disease and pain. L. Ron had at one point been DXed with schizophrenia.

• exbrnxgrl
    edited June 2014
    Options

Herr Hamer, regardless of what source I have accessed on the web , holds strong anti-Semitic, Jewish conspiracy, Holocaust and AIDS denial views. As far as I'm concerned, 'nuff said!