Come join others currently navigating treatment in our weekly Zoom Meetup! Register here: Tuesdays, 1pm ET.
Fill Out Your Profile to share more about you. Learn more...

Anyone else out there choosing 100% Alternative?

Options
1282930313234»

Comments

• kayfh
    kayfh Member Posts: 79
    edited June 2014
    Options

He is, was a compatriot of Ernest Zundel.  An an extremist holocast denier who was deported by Canada to Germany to face trial for his hate spreading.  Zundel is an evil man.  Tend to hang with similar types.  I don't think BCO members want to associate themselves with such folk.  Just sayin'.  His theories have just as much validity as holocast denial, and we should, as a group disassociate ourselves from them.  

• kayfh
    kayfh Member Posts: 79
    edited June 2014
    Options

This discussion has been going on since at least February 2010 and maybe even 2007 ( I am not as good at searching this website as I should be).  I thought I remembered this dust up. 

https://community.breastcancer.org/forum/7/topic/692216?page=2

• gardengumby
    gardengumby Member Posts: 4,860
    edited June 2014
    Options

In response to the original question, of has anyone tried strictly Alternative solution to breast cancer:  My grandmother was diagnosed with breast cancer in the early 70's.  She was stage IV when diagnosed and the doctors had no suggestions for anything other than getting her affairs in order.  So she tried about every alternative solution she could come up with.   My mother fetched fresh spring water for her to drink, she (my grandmother) went to Mexico to a clinic down there to receive laetrile treatments, I cannot recall the other myriad of things they tried, but she died 1 year and 3 months after diagnosis.  

When my mother was diagnosed in the early 90's, she went with the "standard of care" recommended by her doctor.  I believe she was stage I.  She lived to 2004 and died of anaphylactic shock - nothing to do with breast cancer.  When my aunt was diagnosed with breast cancer, she also went with "standard of care" and additionally added in supplementals.  She was also Stage IV when diagnosed, but she did live over 15 years before succumbing to breast cancer.

When I was first diagnosed with breast cancer (stage II)  I met a woman at the health food store who was going strictly alternative (stage III).  I've often wondered what her result was.  Unfortunately, we didn't keep in touch, but I sincerely hope it worked for her and she is doing well.

I personally chose to go with the "standard of care" and add in supplementals, healthy eating and exercise.  Though I've been attempting to lose weight, that hasn't been very successful for me.

I'm not saying that alternative is wrong and "regular" medicine is right - I only am stating what was experienced in my family.

• Momine
    Momine Member Posts: 2,845
    edited June 2014
    Options

Bronx, I am with you on that. I will earnestly approach anything that may have a benefit, and when I first heard of Hamer, I looked into it. What I found made me sick to my stomach. Obviously the poor guy had a terrible thing happen to him, and it seems like it made him lose his mind. Also, Ronald/Alice is the ex-boyfriend of someone with breast cancer. What is he even doing here?

• Momine
    edited June 2014
    Options

It is not "silly" to suggest that Hamer needs a psychiatrist.

• Momine
    edited June 2014
    Options

Alice, They took his medical license, as far as I know. 

If I insist that you have a hoard of gold hidden somewhere, how will you prove that you don't? 

• DiveCat
    DiveCat Member Posts: 290
    edited June 2014
    Options

The onus is not on others to disprove GNM which has never been proven , but on Herr Hamer to prove it in the first place (and making a decision not to disprove does not prove). Of course, then he would also need to comply with the ethical standards and other guidelines that apply to clinical cancer trials. Which definitely do not mean for short, and fast trials.

• DiveCat
    DiveCat Member Posts: 290
    edited June 2014
    Options

I would also like to see copies of these supposed court orders, because all I can find is claims of their existence on his own website, and information about a court order that ordered a child he had been "treating" to receive conventional treatments.

• Momine
    edited June 2014
    Options

Alice, you are evading the question. I have no idea why you are even posting here.

There is NO evidence of any kind that Hamer's theory is correct. Hamer has offered no proof that his theory is correct and most of his patients have died.

I am glad that your ex-GF is well. I doubt Hamer's insanity has anything to do with it.

• exbrnxgrl
    exbrnxgrl Member Posts: 4,798
    edited June 2014
    Options

Nor have I come to understand why his "new medicine" must be taken with a dose of ant-Semitism and other sundry bits of rascism and history denial. Still glad for your ex. Though

• moderators
    moderators Posts: 7,998
    edited June 2014
    Options

We've decided to close and lock this thread for the time being, as it continues to bring up very contentious issues, without any sight of resolution.  Thank you for your understanding.